PDA

View Full Version : Son is finally cleared to play by Dr.

GrTigers6
05-26-2011, 06:35 PM
After 11 weeks my son who will be a senior is cleared to play after suffering a severe strain to the acl and lcl. he was lucky he healed so quickly. i am just glad he will be able to play this weekend in gatesville at the SQT. I just wish I didnt already make plans, :( \
But I will get to see the rest of them. :)

SHSBulldog00
05-26-2011, 06:38 PM
That's great news!!:clap:

bp80884
05-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
After 11 weeks my son who will be a senior is cleared to play after suffering a severe strain to the acl and lcl. he was lucky he healed so quickly. i am just glad he will be able to play this weekend in gatesville at the SQT. I just wish I didnt already make plans, :( \

Great to hear. I wish him well and injury free!

Sweetwater Red
05-26-2011, 08:23 PM

Good deal and good luck to him. :)

But, I've got a question. I've heard of the acl, mcl and pcl. But, never the lcl. Is that a typo or am I
learning something new? Lol

bobcat1
05-26-2011, 08:27 PM
But I will get to see the rest of them. :) Awesome!!

GrTigers6
05-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Good deal and good luck to him. :)

But, I've got a question. I've heard of the acl, mcl and pcl. But, never the lcl. Is that a typo or am I
learning something new? Lol It was new to me as well and according to my nurse wife and nurse student daughter, its on the inside of the knee, I didnt want to even try to spell it,

FB-fanatic
05-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Fantastic. Will have to look him up this weekend!

Sweetwater Red
05-26-2011, 08:46 PM
It was new to me as well and according to my nurse wife and nurse student daughter, its on the inside of the knee, I didnt want to even try to spell it,

Okay. I was just wondering. I'll have to google it.

GrTigers6
05-27-2011, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by FB-fanatic
Fantastic. Will have to look him up this weekend! Number 6, if you can't tell from my user name. Of course I had that from my oldest son. He just got lucky and got it too. Lol

trojandad
05-27-2011, 08:56 AM
my oldest had the same thing, strained inner and outer ligaments at the end of his junior year, was cleared his senior year, every day id ask him about it and he "was ok".....coach called me one morning about 6:45 am from school, he'd caught ty in the weight room there workin out alone with tears running down his face....he told coach he was alright but coach didnt buy it and called me....

he finally admitted to us that they hurt but he didnt tell anyone because he knew we'd all spazz and it was his senior year and he didnt want to miss it...

we made him a deal to let us MRI it and if there was no tear, we'd not give him a hard time about playing with pain....he had no tear, bit his lip, never told a soul and played both ways while second on the team in tackles at DE....

at the awards banquet we expected, at most, one player to be added to the wall of honor (sometimes theres none), ryan bradford was the stud kid we had that year leading the team in tackles and going to A&M and we all expected him to be added...so imagine our shock when they called ty's name also....

in giving ty his award, he started to explain all the reasons why he chose him as well as ryan, that he was at the weight room every morning for 4 yrs at 5:30 am, that he ran with coach every morning before school, being sure to add that he was far from the fastest or quickest.....but then he choked and said "i made this kid a promise i wouldnt tell a secret on what kind of commitment he made to make the rest of this team better, and i'm gonna keep that promise but ty (and he looked at him), i want you to know your sacrifice taught me how to be a better coach, and you deserve this award as much as anyone on the wall".....the buttons on my chest shot across the room, i was one proud papa....

i say all that to say i wish he woulda told me about his pain even if he was cleared....i wish your son a pain free and healthy year...

Roughneck93
05-27-2011, 08:59 AM

Good luck your son this season! :clap:

Bullaholic
05-27-2011, 09:13 AM
That's great, GrTig---hope he has a really good year.

waterboy
05-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
my oldest had the same thing, strained inner and outer ligaments at the end of his junior year, was cleared his senior year, every day id ask him about it and he "was ok".....coach called me one morning about 6:45 am from school, he'd caught ty in the weight room there workin out alone with tears running down his face....he told coach he was alright but coach didnt buy it and called me....

he finally admitted to us that they hurt but he didnt tell anyone because he knew we'd all spazz and it was his senior year and he didnt want to miss it...

we made him a deal to let us MRI it and if there was no tear, we'd not give him a hard time about playing with pain....he had no tear, bit his lip, never told a soul and played both ways while second on the team in tackles at DE....

at the awards banquet we expected, at most, one player to be added to the wall of honor (sometimes theres none), ryan bradford was the stud kid we had that year leading the team in tackles and going to A&M and we all expected him to be added...so imagine our shock when they called ty's name also....

in giving ty his award, he started to explain all the reasons why he chose him as well as ryan, that he was at the weight room every morning for 4 yrs at 5:30 am, that he ran with coach every morning before school, being sure to add that he was far from the fastest or quickest.....but then he choked and said "i made this kid a promise i wouldnt tell a secret on what kind of commitment he made to make the rest of this team better, and i'm gonna keep that promise but ty (and he looked at him), i want you to know your sacrifice taught me how to be a better coach, and you deserve this award as much as anyone on the wall".....the buttons on my chest shot across the room, i was one proud papa....

i say all that to say i wish he woulda told me about his pain even if he was cleared....i wish your son a pain free and healthy year...
:clap: :clap: :clap: That's a great story, trojandad! A chip off the old block? Every team needs someone like Ty!

trojandad
05-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
:clap: :clap: :clap: That's a great story, trojandad! A chip off the old block? Every team needs someone like Ty!

heck no, i was the wimpy QB.....:D

GrTigers6
05-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by trojandad

i say all that to say i wish he woulda told me about his pain even if he was cleared....i wish your son a pain free and healthy year... Thanks and that is a cool story. My oldest had a wreck his junior year in february and wasnt released until right before 7on7 state tourney. But he had a total ankle overhaul with two plates and 4 screws and didnt get full use of it till the end of football season. So I would have been devastated if my youngest would have been out for his senior year as well.