PDA

View Full Version : Any QB controversies at your school?

Cam
05-26-2011, 02:14 PM
I think Burnet may have one brewin'. Returning for his senior year will be Newcomer-of-the-Year (Cozby), but waiting in the wings is a sophomore kid (Nick Melvin) who was his backup last season and is a giant at 6'5". If he hits the weights and gets stronger, it's goin' to get interesting.......

trojandad
05-26-2011, 03:00 PM
nope....a sophomore led us to the state game last year, cant wait for this one....

Ernest T Bass
05-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Yeah, one sucks and one can't play.

Gsquared
05-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Yeah, one sucks and one can't play.
Single wing, just eliminate that pesky QB position all together.

trojandad
05-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Single wing, just eliminate that pesky QB position all together.

amen, stick a fast fb at qb and AWAY WE GO!!!!!!!!!

Ernest T Bass
05-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by trojandad

Ain't got nobody that can run, either. Got at least one that can clear a way, though.

Gsquared
05-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Ain't got nobody that can run, either. Got at least one that can clear a way, though.
Crap, aint got nobody that can throw and aint got nobody that can run? I swear you must be coaching The Community Braves. :p

Old Tiger
05-26-2011, 04:06 PM
might be one in rockdale idk

GrTigers6
05-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Cam
I think Burnet may have one brewin'. Returning for his senior year will be Newcomer-of-the-Year (Cozby), but waiting in the wings is a sophomore kid (Nick Melvin) who was his backup last season and is a giant at 6'5". If he hits the weights and gets stronger, it's goin' to get interesting....... I guess we will get to see both of them saturday in gatesville:D

FB-fanatic
05-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by trojandad

Aw, we did that a couple of years ago against Coldspring and Carthage. Ward.

trojandad
05-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by FB-fanatic
Aw, we did that a couple of years ago against Coldspring and Carthage. Ward.

you did, you guys absolutely played the perfect game against us....ending up at your 1 yd line to end each half cost us, but you guys would bend but not break.....either one of those half ending plays woulda won it, but hats off, you held when you had to......

would have liked to have had that years experience of playing carthage, i think it would have helped us a bit when we played them this year.....

FB-fanatic
05-26-2011, 10:39 PM
You guys have had a number of good runs the past couple of years. That year, 3 games in, our ace soph. QB went down with ripped knee. Backup QB was great athlete but small. Five games in, not looking so well, playing Mexia (hosses), at half time, the wildcat was born. Evan Ward (who played a little quarterback in Jr. high) became "the man". Had an incredible year (Super Centex Player of the Year) and now plays for MHB Crusaders. Of all the games of the playoffs, I watch that one about monthly. Ward had a "huge" catch in that game also. Went up against your defender, who clearly had ball while in the air, and somehow pulled it away at the last minute to keep drive alive.

Rabid Cougar
05-27-2011, 07:45 AM
China Spring will actually have a good situation this year.

Cade Munden, Jr. Move in from Clifton. Big and strong with a good arm. Will work well in Mark Bell system. He is just new to the system

Blaze Morehead, Soph. Extremely gifted and very fast. Mike Hicks type of player. Started at receiver and safety as Freshman. Was named Super Centex New Comer of the Year. Played RB and QB. A spread option type of QB.

Tucker Johnson, Soph. Has only lost one game at QB since 7th grade. Very intelligent, very gifted athlete that knows the system inside and out. Works very well in Mark Bell system.

I like our chances this year and for several years to come.

RoyceTTU
05-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Is it a controversy if nobody has told you who your QB is gonna be :confused: I'm in the dark for next year.

Coach BS
05-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
might be one in rockdale idk I doubt it, the freshman QB will move out to WR. Done deal

ccmom
05-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Is it a controversy if nobody has told you who your QB is gonna be :confused: I'm in the dark for next year.

No...that's not a controversy, it's a conspiracy! "Whatever you do, don't tell that loud mouth from TTU what the plans are boys!!":D

I assumed the kid that played QB in the 7on7 tourney here last weekend is the front runner for the job.

Old LB
05-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
No...that's not a controversy, it's a conspiracy! "Whatever you do, don't tell that loud mouth from TTU what the plans are boys!!":D

I assumed the kid that played QB in the 7on7 tourney here last weekend is the front runner for the job.

Wylie should just find a QB this year that doesn't throw to the other team. :thinking: :taunt:

ccmom
05-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Old LB
Wylie should just find a QB this year that doesn't throw to the other team. :thinking: :taunt:

Do you feel better now? :rolleyes:

FB-fanatic
05-28-2011, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
China Spring will actually have a good situation this year.

Cade Munden, Jr. Move in from Clifton. Big and strong with a good arm. Will work well in Mark Bell system. He is just new to the system

Blaze Morehead, Soph. Extremely gifted and very fast. Mike Hicks type of player. Started at receiver and safety as Freshman. Was named Super Centex New Comer of the Year. Played RB and QB. A spread option type of QB.

Tucker Johnson, Soph. Has only lost one game at QB since 7th grade. Very intelligent, very gifted athlete that knows the system inside and out. Works very well in Mark Bell system.

I like our chances this year and for several years to come.

Did watch CS this morning 7v7 against my hometown 2A Comanche. Was a close game until a late touchdown Munden to Morehead. The move-in looked pretty strong, though Johnson struggled moving the chains. Heard you guys eventually lost to McGregor?

sTxforlife
05-29-2011, 01:36 AM
Sealy has a pretty interesting qb situation going on. Right now the battle is between last year's backup Klepser and stud WR Seals-Jones. Right now Seals-Jones seems to have the edge due to athletic ability but there are also rumors that the qb from Canyon Lake is moving in so that could make things interesting.

eagles_victory
05-29-2011, 01:41 AM
Wylie should just find a QB this year that doesn't throw to the other team. :thinking: :taunt: Im sure if they don't have a good one they will have a move in. But everyone from Wylie will swear by the fact he went there all along.

garciap77
05-29-2011, 02:14 AM

We are going to kick you butts!:D

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Rocket2-1-1-1.jpg

You make that 3 -1!!!:D

garciap77
05-29-2011, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Im sure if they don't have a good one they will have a move in. But everyone from Wylie will swear by the fact he went there all along.

Shut your mouth!:D

;)

garciap77
05-29-2011, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Crap, aint got nobody that can throw and aint got nobody that can run? I swear you must be coaching The Community Braves. :p

According to Rick Perry he might not be coaching at all!:D

;)