PDA

View Full Version : Realignment Rumors

Matthew328
05-26-2011, 01:13 PM
There's nothing that will generate message board talk like some juicy realignment rumors..

Here's some stuff from the DFW area I've been hearing....

Melissa & Caddo Mills are possible good bets to move up to 3A...

Godley is another possibility to move up..

Burleson Centennial which is a new school apparently will be on the border of 4A/3A...my guess is they are 4A...

Not real up to speed on North Forney and Lone Star and how their enrollments are looking....

in the inner-city FW Dunbar and FW Wyatt should be under whatever the 4A/3A cut line is....the question is will they opt up?

Kennedale and Decatur will be on the high end of current 3A numbers, but I think they stay 3A as growth has slowed some in both places.

I do expect Prosper to make the jump to 4A...

I don't expect any name 4A's to drop in DFW (Stephenville and Everman are the only 2 in the ballpark)

The real interesting twist this year involves 6A...IF the UIL does what I think they'll do and just turn sixman into the new 1A and 1A into 2A etc...I expect very little movement on the cut off numbers...however if the UIL ever added another class the effects in the current 3A would be HUGE

waterboy
05-26-2011, 01:18 PM
I've also heard that the UIL is thinking of splitting 3A into D1 and D2 similar to what they did in 2A. Do you think there is any truth to that rumor?

I_DONT_CARE
05-26-2011, 01:19 PM
:sleeping: :sleeping:

Matthew328
05-26-2011, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I've also heard that the UIL is thinking of splitting 3A into D1 and D2 similar to what they did in 2A. Do you think there is any truth to that rumor?

Its a possibility....I think it got voted down by 3A sups...but I need to double check

Bullaholic
05-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by I_DONT_CARE
:sleeping: :sleeping:

Well, it DID wake you up, IDC....:D

LionKing
05-26-2011, 01:26 PM
I've also heard that the UIL is thinking of splitting 3A into D1 and D2 similar to what they did in 2A. Do you think there is any truth to that rumor? I've heard that too, but that they (uil) would do that to 4A and 5A also, and have actually 10 classifications of 11-man, along with the 2 classes of 6-man.

Bullaholic
05-26-2011, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by LionKing
I've heard that too, but that they (uil) would do that to 4A and 5A also, and have actually 10 classifications of 11-man, along with the 2 classes of 6-man.

Other than travel probs, what are the negatives of this?

Ernest T Bass
05-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
There's nothing that will generate message board talk like some juicy realignment rumors..

Here's some stuff from the DFW area I've been hearing....

Melissa & Caddo Mills are possible good bets to move up to 3A...

Godley is another possibility to move up..

Burleson Centennial which is a new school apparently will be on the border of 4A/3A...my guess is they are 4A...

Not real up to speed on North Forney and Lone Star and how their enrollments are looking....

in the inner-city FW Dunbar and FW Wyatt should be under whatever the 4A/3A cut line is....the question is will they opt up?

Kennedale and Decatur will be on the high end of current 3A numbers, but I think they stay 3A as growth has slowed some in both places.

I do expect Prosper to make the jump to 4A...

I don't expect any name 4A's to drop in DFW (Stephenville and Everman are the only 2 in the ballpark)

The real interesting twist this year involves 6A...IF the UIL does what I think they'll do and just turn sixman into the new 1A and 1A into 2A etc...I expect very little movement on the cut off numbers...however if the UIL ever added another class the effects in the current 3A would be HUGE

North Forney is almost a lock to move up, while Lone Star is almost a lock to stay down. LS will definitely move up next go 'round.
La Marque is almost a lock to stay 4a, baring another hurricane.

themsu97
look more to what could happen higher up as far as schools in 4A possibly dropping...
just rumors around Houston but LaMarque will always be around 3A numbers and could drop... also hearing that Galveston Ball is losing students... HISD may allow schools to compete at where there numbers are instead of staying 4A/5A...
Fort Bend will more than likely allow their new school(and 11th high school) Ridge Point to play in 4A which would also allow Willowridge and Marshall to play in 4A... could be very crazy this time around...
but again this is all speculation...

Matthew328
Travel is really the only negative..

Ernest T Bass
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Other than travel probs, what are the negatives of this?

Split up multi-school districts. Creates scheduling nightmares for those ISDs.

Matthew328
05-26-2011, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by themsu97
look more to what could happen higher up as far as schools in 4A possibly dropping...
just rumors around Houston but LaMarque will always be around 3A numbers and could drop... also hearing that Galveston Ball is losing students... HISD may allow schools to compete at where there numbers are instead of staying 4A/5A...
Fort Bend will more than likely allow their new school(and 11th high school) Ridge Point to play in 4A which would also allow Willowridge and Marshall to play in 4A... could be very crazy this time around...
but again this is all speculation...

I have heard also Fort Bend will let their schools play with their class...could alter things slightly...3 schools can mean a diff. of 20 students when it comes to cut offs....

Houston ISD finally having a 3A district could have a major impact in region 3....that'd be real interesting...could see 17-3A teams move back to Region 2 to create that extra district...

I think Ball is OK, in fact I've heard they will go back 5A...

Matthew328
05-26-2011, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Split up multi-school districts. Creates scheduling nightmares for those ISDs.

Scheduling nightmares mean more Thursday/Saturday games..I LOVE IT!

Matthew328
05-26-2011, 01:35 PM
I've also heard at least out in West Texas that Brownwood has gone up some in realignment and could be a possiblilty to jump back to 4A...heard Big Spring may also go back to 4A

turbostud
05-26-2011, 01:37 PM

Pre-Season Top 10's will usually do the trick as well.

LionKing
05-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Other than travel probs, what are the negatives of this? Probably other problems could arise, but travel is most likely the biggest issue, especially for west/south plains Texas schools, which the UIL royally screws every realignment, next realignment will be no different I assume.

Matthew328
05-26-2011, 01:45 PM
I dont think the UIL screws West Texas or South Texas...travel is always an issue due to geography...there's probably a few tweaks here and there but overall there's not much that can be done out west

Matthew328
05-26-2011, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Pre-Season Top 10's will usually do the trick as well.

Speaking of that I've been working on my top 50 for each class the past few days

Bullaholic
05-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Speaking of that I've been working on my top 50 for each class the past few days

You got the new DCTF already? :D

LionKing
05-26-2011, 02:00 PM
I dont think the UIL screws West Texas or South Texas...travel is always an issue due to geography...there's probably a few tweaks here and there but overall there's not much that can be done out west I know they're not ''intending'' to screw west texas, but San Angelo, esecially 5A Central should never have to make 600 miles round trips for sports, they could be placed in any of San Antonio/Austin/Central Texas/ even metro-plex districts and could save at least 200 round trip miles, at least SA Lake View got to move that direction in 4A.

partimefan
05-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Prosper's football webpage states that this is their last year in 3A.

I would like to see some data about how many state are actually above the enrollment line for their classification.

bigwood33
05-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Its a possibility....I think it got voted down by 3A sups...but I need to double check
Slammed by the 3A superintendents is more accurate. There is exactly 0% chance that will happen. I would aloe bet that there is pressure to eliminate split divisions in 1A and 2A because of fuel prices and budget constraints. The days are already gone of driving through a Div 1- 2A school district just to get to a Div 2-2A district opponent.

BEAST
05-26-2011, 03:02 PM
I've also heard at least out in West Texas that Brownwood has gone up some in realignment and could be a possiblilty to jump back to 4A...heard Big Spring may also go back to 4A

I seriously doubt that will happen this time around. We have grown some but we are still under Wylie, therefore, we will most cetainly be 3A.

BEAST

ccmom
05-26-2011, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I seriously doubt that will happen this time around. We have grown some but we are still under Wylie, therefore, we will most cetainly be 3A.

BEAST

Wasn't Brownwood's enrollment in the 800s last fall, or am I making that up? :confused: For some reason I was thinking they were in the high 800s, and I wouldn't think they would have grown enough to go back up so quickly.

Old LB
05-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Wasn't Brownwood's enrollment in the 800s last fall, or am I making that up? :confused: For some reason I was thinking they were in the high 800s, and I wouldn't think they would have grown enough to go back up so quickly.

I think we had something like 10 less students than Wylie at the last realignment.

BEAST
05-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
I think we had something like 10 less students than Wylie at the last realignment.

I want to say it was like 877. Then, I know we dropped to the low 800's for a while. I believe we have grown back up to around 900 or so.

BEAST

Sweetwater Red
05-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by ccmom

5-3A (http://www.3adownlow.com/5-3A.php)

Old LB
05-26-2011, 03:16 PM
What are the cut-off numbers for 4a/3a?

ccmom
05-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Old LB

I was thinking the margin was wider than that.

Oops....didn't read the posts from BEAST and Red....those numbers are more along the lines of what I was thinking.

Matthew328
05-26-2011, 03:34 PM
You got the new DCTF already? :D

Umm no....I have my own magazine!

Bullaholic
05-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Umm no....I have my own magazine!

LOL--I know---I just saw a chance to take up where G2 left off and just couldn't pass it up...:D

Matthew328
I know they're not ''intending'' to screw west texas, but San Angelo, esecially 5A Central should never have to make 600 miles round trips for sports, they could be placed in any of San Antonio/Austin/Central Texas/ even metro-plex districts and could save at least 200 round trip miles, at least SA Lake View got to move that direction in 4A.

Central is only in 2-5A for football...they are in 3-5A for all other sports thus they have much more reasonable roadtrips to Abilene and Midland/Odessa....so I think the UIL has been pretty accomidating to Central...

SHSBulldog00
Rumor is that El Campo will drop to 3A. Don't have the exact numbers though.

Matthew328
05-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
Rumor is that El Campo will drop to 3A. Don't have the exact numbers though.

Coach Gillis told me he does expect them to drop as will Kilgore out in East Texas

SHSBulldog00
05-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Coach Gillis told me he does expect them to drop as will Kilgore out in East Texas

District 29 I assume will absorb El Campo.

Current District

Columbia
Needville
Palacios
Sweeny
Wharton

Matthew328
05-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by SHSBulldog00
District 29 I assume will absorb El Campo.

Current District

Columbia
Needville
Palacios
Sweeny
Wharton

Assume nothing when it comes to realignment, what makes sense right now may not be workable when the numbers come out..

By the way the UIL has discussed making ADM's public prior to realignment day...that'd be interesting

SHSBulldog00
05-26-2011, 03:43 PM
Where is Fort Bend Ridge Point HS?

George Ranch HS will be a 4A at the next realignment.

Bullaholic
05-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Matt...

La Marque- 996 ?

Kilgore- 994 ?

I don't think either of these will drop that far, do you?

Matthew328
05-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Ridge Point I assume will have 4A numbers..more than likely there will be 3 FBISD 4A schools, the only thing would change that is if FBISD decided to close a HS...(which is being discussed)

The real impact will be if HISD decides their six schools with 3A #'s actually should play in 3A...that could have a major ripple effect in 4A and 3A..that's one of the big storylines in the state IMO...

Matthew328
05-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Matt...

La Marque- 996 ?

Kilgore- 994 ?

I hear La Marque is safely in 4A numbers..they have picked up kids.....Kilgore only needed to drop four students to be 3A last time..if they lose any kids or the # goes up they are dropping...

http://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/conf-cutoff-div-breaks-2010.pdf

LionKing
05-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Central is only in 2-5A for football...they are in 3-5A for all other sports thus they have much more reasonable roadtrips to Abilene and Midland/Odessa....so I think the UIL has been pretty accomidating to Central... They were only accomidating the last realignment, the 2 or 3 before, all sports had the 600 miles turnarounds, I have no ties to Central, just know what they had to go thru, and I don't wish that on any school, any where.

Matthew328
05-26-2011, 04:19 PM
They were only accomidating the last realignment, the 2 or 3 before, all sports had the 600 miles turnarounds, I have no ties to Central, just know what they had to go thru, and I don't wish that on any school, any where.

In 2008 Central was in the super-district with Midland/Odessa, Lubbock and Amarillo...in that year everyone had significant travel not just Central...but when Cooper moved down the UIL was left to either do a super district or have 2 five team districts in 5A...which wasn't happening...they can't screw the rest of the state to make ten schools happy...just doesn't make sense.

In 2006 Central was in 2-5A for football only, so again they didn't have 600 mile road trips in all sports...

http://hstexas.scout.com/2/496299.html

In 2004 Central again was football only....no 600 mile road trips in other sports..

http://amarillo.com/stories/082604/pig_realignment.shtml

In 2002 same thing Central was football only...
http://www.pecos.net/news/arch2002/020402p.htm

So all this "screwing" of San Angelo Central is a little off base.

bwdlionfan
05-26-2011, 04:33 PM
Someone somewhere told me that a good while back San Angelo ISD had a bond election to build a third high school to try to have 3 schools that could all compete in 4A. This would have helped them out tremendously with travel, and that school probably would have paid for itself by now in travel savings. But the people voted it down.base. [/B][/QUOTE]

LionKing
05-26-2011, 04:49 PM
In 2008 Central was in the super-district with Midland/Odessa, Lubbock and Amarillo...in that year everyone had significant travel not just Central...but when Cooper moved down the UIL was left to either do a super district or have 2 five team districts in 5A...which wasn't happening...they can't screw the rest of the state to make ten schools happy...just doesn't make sense.

In 2006 Central was in 2-5A for football only, so again they didn't have 600 mile road trips in all sports...

http://hstexas.scout.com/2/496299.html

In 2004 Central again was football only....no 600 mile road trips in other sports..

http://amarillo.com/stories/082604/pig_realignment.shtml

In 2002 same thing Central was football only...
http://www.pecos.net/news/arch2002/020402p.htm

So all this "screwing" of San Angelo Central is a little off base. I'm just relaying what parents and coaches from Central Told me, their perspective is gonna be different than yours, and even mine, we don't have to travel 600 miles for football games, I can see why they feel the way they do, but I know it doesn't matter.

Matthew328
05-26-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm just relaying what parents and coaches from Central Told me, their perspective is gonna be different than yours, and even mine, we don't have to travel 600 miles for football games, I can see why they feel the way they do, but I know it doesn't matter.

It is off base IMO. Because its not like they have to travel 600 miles week in week out. It's once a year basically, they usually get Amarillo or Tascosa every other year at Bivins....so they have one really long road trip every year....its not this travesty some would lead you to believe.

I don't feel sorry for San Angelo ISD in the least because they've created their own mess by not redrawing attendance lines to fix their problems, its not like they don't know they are on an island....they could easily redraw lines and add to Lakeview's attendance zone and have 2 large 4A schools...but instead anytime the subject is broached its shot down....so in a way their travel issues are of their own doing...they see they have a problem, they can't change their geography but they can adjust the numbers in their schools to reduce costs yet they choose not to do it...

SHSBulldog00
05-26-2011, 06:16 PM
I know some of the Austin school's were close to choosing 3A, anything changed?

Billy_The_Kid
05-27-2011, 07:28 AM
Kirbyville will most likely drop back down to 2A and youll never see my white arse around here again!! LOL :D :D

bobcat1
05-27-2011, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Billy_The_Kid
Kirbyville will most likely drop back down to 2A and youll never see my white arse around here again!! LOL :D :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReYfu5E-hOE :D

Billy_The_Kid
05-27-2011, 12:46 PM
yea I didnt figure youd lose much sleep over it!! Then again who knows I might hang around just for you:D

3afan
05-28-2011, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Someone somewhere told me that a good while back San Angelo ISD had a bond election to build a third high school to try to have 3 schools that could all compete in 4A. This would have helped them out tremendously with travel, and that school probably would have paid for itself by now in travel savings. But the people voted it down.base.

hard to justify building a new school just for that reason (to try to have 3 schools that could all compete in 4A) ...

bobcat1
05-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Billy_The_Kid
yea I didnt figure youd lose much sleep over it!! Then again who knows I might hang around just for you:D :2thumbsup I need someone to aggravate. :D

RPF2666
05-28-2011, 09:38 AM
It must be fun having 'almost 4A' numbers! Poor 'little Ol' D1 us' don't have to worry about any of it for a while!

Tired ole Bobcat
05-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Billy_The_Kid you will be missed, but the alingnment is not official until Feb. 2012. Then we can let the crying begin.

87 TIGER
05-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by RPF2666
It must be fun having 'almost 4A' numbers! Poor 'little Ol' D1 us' don't have to worry about any of it for a while! Agree, I know here we have lost several students after the last alignment, mostly due to the Alcoa plant closing with the town losing about 900 jobs. We are listd at 527 but it wouldnt surprise me if we were under 500 , Looks like us and Cameron might both be 2a

Matthew328
05-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
hard to justify building a new school just for that reason (to try to have 3 schools that could all compete in 4A) ...

I think the justification would be travel costs....SAISD is spending a ton of money every year on travel costs.....probably more for Lake View than Central....

I don't think 3 high schools is the answer....I think maybe 2 4A schools is a better answer...

SHSBulldog00
05-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Palacios 449

There has been a lot of talk about Palacios growth prospects with a Coal Plant and a 2nd Nuclear Reactor to be built near Bay City. The economy has slowed the building process. I was wondering if it might cause Palacios to move down rather than stay firmly in 3A like projected.

Twirling Time
05-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Lovejoy is another school that will be 4A. They already have 4A numbers, like Prosper.

I can see both of them going in with the two McKinney schools, two Wylie schools, and Sherman and Denison. But I expect the UIL "rotator" to ship Sherman and Denison back off to Wichita Falls again. :rolleyes:

bwdlionfan
05-29-2011, 04:57 PM
I think the justification would be travel costs....SAISD is spending a ton of money every year on travel costs.....probably more for Lake View than Central....

I don't think 3 high schools is the answer....I think maybe 2 4A schools is a better answer...

They have too many students for 2 4A schools I think.

Matthew328
05-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Central= 2750
Lake View= 1197

equally divided both schools are 1973.5 about 100 students under the 5A cut..

GreenMonster
05-30-2011, 08:21 AM
Krum and Ponder are both close to 3a numbers in the Denton area. Krum might be a lock to move up and Ponder teetering on the cutoff line.

Matthew328
05-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Krum will be starting varsity football in 2014, recently hired a head coach

NastySlot
05-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Krum will be starting varsity football in 2014, recently hired a head coach

is Ponder getting close to starting varsity play also?

Matthew328
05-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Ponder played varsity football last year if memory serves me correctly

NastySlot
05-30-2011, 12:55 PM
Ponder played varsity football last year if memory serves me correctly

yeah they did I went ahead after I posted and went to the their school website and played around...they won two games...site has some really good pics.

Twirling Time
06-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Krum is playing a full JV schedule already -- are you sure they aren't going full varsity in 2012?

Matthew328
06-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
Krum is playing a full JV schedule already -- are you sure they aren't going full varsity in 2012?

I was thinking of Brock not starting til 2014...

crzyjournalist03
06-01-2011, 05:46 PM
The NHL will have to realign divisions in 2012-2013 now that the Atlanta Thrashers are moving to Winnipeg. This may allow the Stars to move from the Pacific Division to the Central Division.

Nobody said it had to be football realignment rumors!

buckeyebob
06-01-2011, 05:49 PM

Heard the same from a very good source that is in the know...we would be in Div 2 w/ the likes of Carthage & Henderson in 1...will not hurt my feelings.

buckeyebob
06-01-2011, 06:00 PM

Kilgore was only a few above the cut last time

Sweetwater Red
06-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
The NHL will have to realign divisions in 2012-2013 now that the Atlanta Thrashers are moving to Winnipeg. This may allow the Stars to move from the Pacific Division to the Central Division.

Nobody said it had to be football realignment rumors!

If that means the Red Wings and Stars would play more often then I'm all for it. That would
really help in Detroit's effort to win the President's Cup. :devil:

buckeyebob
06-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Matt...

La Marque- 996 ?

Kilgore- 994 ?

Kilgore is on the decline in enrolement & it would not suprise me since the 5A bunch keep growing.

buckeyebob
06-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
Lovejoy is another school that will be 4A. They already have 4A numbers, like Prosper.

I can see both of them going in with the two McKinney schools, two Wylie schools, and Sherman and Denison. But I expect the UIL "rotator" to ship Sherman and Denison back off to Wichita Falls again. :rolleyes:

Throw Argyle in the pot

buckeyebob
06-01-2011, 06:09 PM

Hear the opposite...in your opinion, is this and the 6A establishment the only things on the table?

Ahhh...for the good old days when realignment might have meant some new blood in the district.

Matthew328
06-06-2011, 09:57 AM
I'm willing to bet a large sum of money LaMarque drops a class..they are around 800 enrollment according to their HC

MGAR
06-06-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm willing to bet a large sum of money LaMarque drops a class..they are around 800 enrollment according to their HC

Oh WOW!!!!

Roughneck93
06-06-2011, 10:26 AM

Not surprised at all. That would shake things up a bit.

sweetwater07
06-06-2011, 10:52 AM
heard Big Spring may also go back to 4A

that would be bad for them...i seem to remember Big Spring being a doormat in 4A 4-5 years ago

Matthew328
06-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Big Spring went 3 deep their last 2 years in 4A....they had some exceptional classes though

SHSBulldog00
06-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Anything new on the HISD school's?

Matthew328
06-06-2011, 01:37 PM
no word...getting info outta HISD is not easy

Phantom Stang
06-06-2011, 01:53 PM
If LaMarqe drops, I can hardly wait for their fans to come on here as the new Brownwood, who in turn was the new West orange Stark.:p

Having said that, I'm glad this site wasn't around when Sweetwater dropped to 3A in 2000.:D

VWG
06-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Springtown has 3A numbers.

SHSBulldog00
06-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by VWG

Looks like their coming back home to 3A.

Matthew328
06-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by VWG

Springtown always hovers around that cut but at the beginning of the year they are always back above 1000..

Leopard4Life
09-22-2011, 11:21 PM

Earlier this week Lovejoy was at 1109 and Prosper was at 1268

Leopard4Life
09-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Throw Argyle in the pot

Argyle has a little over 600, they are half of Prosper. Argyle will stay 3A for a while.

LH Panther Mom
09-23-2011, 04:41 AM
I know some of the Austin school's were close to choosing 3A, anything changed?
If there's one that's close, it's probably Eastside (previously known as Johnston). And once again, they're not performing academically, so who knows if they can participate. You can put lipstick on a pig...

Twirling Time
09-23-2011, 05:49 AM
Frisco Lone Star will definitely stay 3A, I've learned. They're still around 900.

Lion70
09-23-2011, 05:54 AM
kilgore should be 3a next year with Carthage and henderson and tatum moving up= OUCH

buckeyebob
09-23-2011, 05:56 AM
I am casting my vote to send Carthrage & Heneson back to 4A where they belong...they can drag Chapel Hill & Lindale with them for all I care.

GrTigers6
09-23-2011, 06:05 AM
Isnt one of the san angelo schools, in the district with, stephenville and the killen schools? Thats a pretty good drive for any out of town games for them!

upper20
09-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Isnt one of the san angelo schools, in the district with, stephenville and the killen schools? Thats a pretty good drive for any out of town games for them!

San Angelo doomed their schools to "UIL Hell" several years ago. At some point after Big Spring dropped to 4A and the Little SWC was left with seven teams (2-Midland, 2-Odessa, 2-Abilene, and San Angelo Central), the SAISD Board voted to equalize the enrollment between Central and Lakeview. Instead of having a large 5A and a small 4A, they would have had two 5A schools (and would have been pretty well assured of staying in the Little SWC from then on). However; the Lakeview residents threw a fit and less than a week later, the SAISD reversed its decision. When it came time to realign, the UIL placed Central in a district with Lubbock and Amarillo schools - ~200 and ~300 miles away. Lakeview staying in 4A left them with few options - there are only a handful of 4A schools in West Texas, and I don't believe there is another 4A school that is less than 150 miles from San Angelo.

Lion70
09-23-2011, 10:42 AM
bitter are gilmer has handled their own

K-MAC Chuck
09-23-2011, 10:51 AM

Not going to happen - THIS time around.

Matthew328
09-23-2011, 11:17 AM
Agreed

bigwood33
09-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Not going to happen - THIS time around.
Not going to happen anytime soon. That was from the "horses mouth" Dr. Mark Cousins. He told me that 3A superintendents had voted it down, pretty handily.

ccmom
09-23-2011, 11:38 AM
bitter are gilmer has handled their own

:confused: Say what?

Matthew328
09-23-2011, 11:40 AM
San Angelo doomed their schools to "UIL Hell" several years ago. At some point after Big Spring dropped to 4A and the Little SWC was left with seven teams (2-Midland, 2-Odessa, 2-Abilene, and San Angelo Central), the SAISD Board voted to equalize the enrollment between Central and Lakeview. Instead of having a large 5A and a small 4A, they would have had two 5A schools (and would have been pretty well assured of staying in the Little SWC from then on). However; the Lakeview residents threw a fit and less than a week later, the SAISD reversed its decision. When it came time to realign, the UIL placed Central in a district with Lubbock and Amarillo schools - ~200 and ~300 miles away. Lakeview staying in 4A left them with few options - there are only a handful of 4A schools in West Texas, and I don't believe there is another 4A school that is less than 150 miles from San Angelo.

I could go on for quite a while about San Angelo...they have put themselves in this bind

Sportshack
09-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Matt...

La Marque- 996 ?

Kilgore- 994 ?

The cut off used to be 975...has that number been lowered?

hollywood
09-23-2011, 03:38 PM
So without reading through all of the posts, what's the speculated cutoff on the top end in 3A? 999? 1099? 1199?

Is the bottom end going to get higher? 499? 599?

Who knows. I guess it will depend on how many new schools in 4A and 5A have grown that could effect the number of schools in each classification.

ahs_indian_fan
09-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Sorry Mark lied to you ... 3A Superintendents actually passed it 73-72 as per the survey results released this summer.

Question No. 22
http://www.uiltexas.org/files/spring-2011-superindendent-survey-results.pdf

OldNavy
09-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Sorry Mark lied to you ... 3A Superintendents actually passed it 73-72 as per the survey results released this summer.

Question No. 22
http://www.uiltexas.org/files/spring-2011-superindendent-survey-results.pdf
I thought I read where the UIL said that was not enough of a majority to move 3A to the two division allignment. I could be wrong, but I sure thought that.

Matthew328
09-24-2011, 06:38 PM
That is correct...if its a 50/50 split the UIL wont do it

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Ok I'll bite.

From what I know, there's a legitimate chance Hidalgo may drop back down to 3A, especially after all the minor violations they've been turning themselves in for.

Another possibility, and this would be a huge drop. A drop from 5A to 3A. La Joya

Emerson1
09-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Ok I'll bite.

From what I know, there's a legitimate chance Hidalgo may drop back down to 3A, especially after all the minor violations they've been turning themselves in for.

Another possibility, and this would be a huge drop. A drop from 5A to 3A. La Joya
Haven't seen you in a while. Not since the Socom II days.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
09-25-2011, 12:48 AM
I've been around. Just read posts way more than actually post.

Besides, my Tarpons just haven't been doing well the last several years. Not much to post about.

nt7on7
09-25-2011, 09:17 AM
Gilmer has been actively lobbying "football schools" in 3A in Texas to write letters to the UIL asking them to go to the split system. I know for a fact that Jasper, Tatum, and Celina have written letters. Don't know what good it will do, but it might. Gilmer is supporting this even though they may go to the large division. They just think it is right.

Emerson1
09-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Earlier this week Lovejoy was at 1109 and Prosper was at 1268
Was Lovejoy in 4A numbers last year too?

Leopard4Life
09-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Was Lovejoy in 4A numbers last year too?

If they were at 4a numbers at the beginning of last football season it was maybe by maybe a dozen students. Sorry for the long answer below. I see a lot of different posts with speculation on how the numbers are calculated.

Lovejoy was at 946 at the last realignment which occurred in February 2010 (I think), however according to a U.I.L. doc I found shows the realignment numbers come from the October enrollment. The 1109 number I gave is the number of students currently enrolled at the high school, grades 9-12. Not sure how the U.I.L. takes it's numbers, but I didn't think the graduating class was included. If they use the existing U.I.L. classification cut offs and include the Sr. class then Lovejoy and Prosper are both moving to 4A.

I found this online in a U.I.L doc:
Notes:
Formulas for Enrollment: The formulas used to determine enrollment are:
(1) Schools with four high school grades (9-12), and three-year high schools (grades 10-12) which will receive incoming tenth graders from specific, identifiable feeder schools:
Grades 9, 10, 11, 12 = Enrollment

2) Schools with only grades 10, 11, 12 when it cannot easily be determined which schools the incoming tenth graders are attending:
Grades 10, 11, 12 X 1.33 = Enrollment

And in the same document I found this:

FORMULAS
A participant school shall be classified for assignment to a conference on the basis of enrollment on a date from the previous October. The formulas used to determine enrollment shall be:

1. Schools with four high school grades (9-12) or three high school grades (10-12) which will receive incoming tenth graders from specific, identifiable schools:

Enrollment = Grades 9 + 10 + 11 + 12

2. Schools with only grades 10-12 when it cannot easily be determined which schools the ninth graders will attend as tenth graders:

Enrollment = Grades (10 + 11 + 12) x 1.33

3. Schools with only grades 11-12 when it cannot easily be determined which schools the tenth graders will attend as eleventh graders:

Enrollment = Grades (11 + 12) x 2

4. New schools:
Schools opening or entering competition in the first year of an alignment period will have their conference placement determined by the following procedure:
a. Opening or entering with 1 grade: Enrollment (projected or actual) multiplied by 2
b. Opening or entering with 2 grades: Enrollment (projected or actual) multiplied by 1.33
c. Opening or entering with 3 grades: Enrollment (projected or actual) multiplied by 1.33
d. Opening or entering with 4 grades: Enrollment (projected or actual)
Schools opening or entering competition in the second year of an alignment period will have their conference placement determined (for varsity activities in which they participate) by the enrollment (projected or actual, with no multiplier applied) with which they open.
Existing schools affected by the opening of a new school (which will open or did open in the first or second year of an alignment) will have their conference placement determined by taking the current enrollment in grades 9-11 + projected number of 8th graders entering that high school the following school year.

If the realignment numbers stay the same then Lovejoy is going up to become a very small 4A. Unless the U.I.L class numbers change and the 3A number gets larger Lovejoy won’t be back to 3A. Every year we get some move-ins that are starting as freshman so our freshman class is a little bigger than the previous year’s 8th grade class and this always occurs before October. The huge growth right now is at the Elementary level. The young kids are coming in droves. My neighborhood only has 44 houses and about eight of them flipped this summer. One house that sold already had school age kids and bought a bigger house in the district, the other seven houses that sold all had kids who graduated or were older couples without kids. All eight houses were bought by families with elementary kids, pre-schoolers or pregnant wives. All of them say they moved here for the schools. The elementary school were my youngest two go saw an 18% increase in enrollment. I don’t know how much the other two elementary schools grew, but I know that none of the three shrank and they are already aggressively planning the 4th and possible 5th elementary schools, along with a second Middle School.

Only a few of our new residents moved here for sports, most are here for high academic standards, which doesn’t bode well for our athletic programs. We have a few of the Highland Park crowd move up thinking if their kid can’t start at Highland Park they should be able to drop down and be a star at Lovejoy. None of those kids have lasted. Within a year they all move back to Highland Park because they weren’t as gifted as their parents thought and the Highland Park moms seem to hate it up here in Collin County.

Prosper is growing faster than Lovejoy so looks like both schools will be moving up at the next realignment.

Growth is heading Celina’s way. Might take a while but the way the Dallas North Tollway and Preston Rd (289) are growing, change will be coming to Celina also.

Looks like Frisco Lonestar will stay 3A through the next alignment, similar to what happened with Prosper and Lovejoy. After that they will move up, unless the growth mysteriously stops.

Lovejoy and Prosper have more in common with the small town 3A communities than with the 4A schools, especially the one’s in the Metroplex. Prosper definitely aligns itself with Celina its neighbor to the North more than it does to Frisco to the South, at least on this forum.

Go Leopards!!!

regaleagle
09-25-2011, 01:52 PM
Sorry LeopardLifer, but enrollment numbers put Prosper and LJ in an unfair competitive advantage, and have for this entire school term this year(and perhaps even last year). I appreciate the small town atmosphere you guys want to stay at, but the numbers don't justify it. You'll just have to compete in 4a like Stephenville and other small 4a's. I really don't see you staying "small" 4a for that long, anyway. And there a FOUR playoff teams in 4a, not THREE. Lake Dallas, Little Elm, Wakeland, and others have been able to compete, and your winning ways would suggest the same. You'll have to accept your school size as an unfair advantage to be in 3a, and try to establish new relationships with local 4a school districts. End of story.

mwynn05
09-25-2011, 02:53 PM
UIL will count all 4 grades currently in the high school. The other formulas are for larger districts for example a district has 2 high schools that houses grades 10,11,12(HEBISD does this) HS-A and HS-B and 3 middle schools housing grades 7,8,9 (again HEBISD does this) MS-A MS-B and MS-C... all of MS-A feeds to HS-A all of MS-B feeds to HS-B, but MS-C is mixed some students will go to HS-A as 10th graders others will go to HS-B as 10th graders which makes it really hard to count for realignment so that's when you would use the (10+11+12) x1.33 formula because it is an easier way to figure the enrollment of HS-A and HS-B

Leopard4Life
09-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Sorry LeopardLifer, but enrollment numbers put Prosper and LJ in an unfair competitive advantage, and have for this entire school term this year(and perhaps even last year). I appreciate the small town atmosphere you guys want to stay at, but the numbers don't justify it. You'll just have to compete in 4a like Stephenville and other small 4a's. I really don't see you staying "small" 4a for that long, anyway. And there a FOUR playoff teams in 4a, not THREE. Lake Dallas, Little Elm, Wakeland, and others have been able to compete, and your winning ways would suggest the same. You'll have to accept your school size as an unfair advantage to be in 3a, and try to establish new relationships with local 4a school districts. End of story.

I don’t know why you are sorry, I never metioned Prosper and Lovejoy having an unfair advantage. I attached the U.I.L. rules, which neither Lovejoy nor Prosper create, maybe you should read them again so you understand.

FORMULAS
A participant school shall be classified for assignment to a conference on the basis of enrollment on a date from the previous October.

Once again, this is a U.I.L formula, not Lovejoy’s or Prosper’s so stop whining about a perceived unfair advantage. If you don’t like the rule then contact the U.I.L.

I never said we weren't going 4A, and I said that when we go 4A we won't be back to 3A without realignment numbers changing. Also, never said that Prosper or Lovejoy would stay a small 4A. As usual you read into it what you wanted to interpret. You state the "I appreciate the small town atmosphere you guys want to stay at, but the numbers don't justify it", which doesn't contradict anything I wrote. Long story short is the Lovejoy and Prosper are both more than likely moving up in classification. Our unfair advantage in school size in 3A isn't much different than a lot of other larger 3A schools currently have, both Henderson and AW are right at the 3A max. Lovejoy will more than likely always stay a small to medium 4A. We don't have enough undeveloped land to grow that much larger. Right now all the projections have us capping between 1400 and 1500 students at the high school level, and over the last 4 years we have fell short of every projection. I can't speak for Prospers undeveloped land and enrollment projections. Currently there are several communities involved in different stages of requests, appeals and litigation trying to be re-zoned into Lovejoy. I’ve never heard of this working, but it hasn’t stopped these neighborhoods and communities from trying.

Lovejoy and Prosper have a larger student body than a lot of 3A schools and I’ve been to a lot of games and we never seem to dress a lot more players than any school we play against. Farmersville who only had 438 students at the last re-alignment dresses almost as many as Lovejoy and Prosper, if anyone has a legit gripe to the U.I.L it’s Farmersville. I’ve heard a rumor that some small 3A schools require all of their male athlete’s play football if they want play another sport (basketball/baseball/track). Like I wrote, “I’ve heard a rumor”, I’m not stating this as fact so don’t start another conspiracy theory.

Argyle is a lot smaller than Lovejoy, but you fielded relatively the same number of players. When Lovejoy played Celina (who have a lot less students at the high school) last year they dressed over a hundred players. This could have been a physcological trick for the playoffs by dressing a lot of underclassmen. A larger school naturally has more athlete’s available, however is a lot of those athlete’s are dedicated to another sport it only matters how many players take the field.

Go Leopards!!!

MoveInDad
09-25-2011, 03:54 PM
Leopard4Life, it's not a psychological thing, I think its just a sort of 'reward' for mainly the JV players who had to play blue hole for the varsity all year, and some will get to play depending on the score... a lot against Sanger, none against LL ;0)

Leopard4Life
09-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Leopard4Life, it's not a psychological thing, I think its just a sort of 'reward' for mainly the JV players who had to play blue hole for the varsity all year, and some will get to play depending on the score... a lot against Sanger, none against LL ;0)

Ok, thanks for clarifying. BTW, it was impressive to see that many players lined up. There were some big boys out there. Ya'll barely fit on the sidelines. Celina has a great program that has stood the test of time. Good luck with the rest of the season.

MoveInDad
09-25-2011, 04:59 PM
Ok, thanks for clarifying. BTW, it was impressive to see that many players lined up. There were some big boys out there. Ya'll barely fit on the sidelines. Celina has a great program that has stood the test of time. Good luck with the rest of the season.
Well, I think out of a total enrollment of about 550, there are roughly 140 in the football program... so you're looking at about half the boys in school if you're playing Celina in the playoffs. Good luck to the Leapords... until we meet again, cheers

MGAR
09-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Tatum had 458 students as of last Friday...

3A here we come.

eagles26
10-26-2011, 12:24 AM
As for Prosper's future outlook, we'll become the next Frisco. Albeit smaller. PISD is projecting a total of 6 high schools, upon buildout (http://prosperisd.schoolfusion.us/modules/groups/homepagefiles/cms/1602726/File/Capital%20Improvement%20Program%20Info/Future%20Campus%20Map.pdf?sessionid=fa4685225dba5d e54173d5c8ab8c1503). As for the next say, 10 years, I could see the current high school becoming a large 4A, if not small 5A assuming the District decides hold off on building another HS/doesn't have the money. Furthermore, district-wise I think UIL will place Prosper into the Frisco-Carrollton District, assuming Lone Star doesn't move up. I also believe UIL might have a Sherman, Denison, McKinney, McK North, Prosper, Lovejoy district (could pull in Greenvile and keep WFISD with DISD schools), pretty easy travel for all using 75. Another odd, but plausible situation could be FISD, Little Elm, and Prosper; Lovejoy, MISD, Wylie and Wylie East, Sherman, Denison; Carrollton ISD, HP, Richardson Pearce, The Colony and shift Rockwall ISD, RC east with Greenville, Mt. Pleasant, SS, and Texarkana Texas
Just a bit of my two cents. Who knows what UIL will decide!

Twirling Time
10-26-2011, 07:04 AM
As for Prosper's future outlook, we'll become the next Frisco. Albeit smaller. PISD is projecting a total of 6 high schools, upon buildout (http://prosperisd.schoolfusion.us/modules/groups/homepagefiles/cms/1602726/File/Capital%20Improvement%20Program%20Info/Future%20Campus%20Map.pdf?sessionid=fa4685225dba5d e54173d5c8ab8c1503). As for the next say, 10 years, I could see the current high school becoming a large 4A, if not small 5A assuming the District decides hold off on building another HS/doesn't have the money. Furthermore, district-wise I think UIL will place Prosper into the Frisco-Carrollton District, assuming Lone Star doesn't move up. I also believe UIL might have a Sherman, Denison, McKinney, McK North, Prosper, Lovejoy district (could pull in Greenvile and keep WFISD with DISD schools), pretty easy travel for all using 75. Another odd, but plausible situation could be FISD, Little Elm, and Prosper; Lovejoy, MISD, Wylie and Wylie East, Sherman, Denison; Carrollton ISD, HP, Richardson Pearce, The Colony and shift Rockwall ISD, RC east with Greenville, Mt. Pleasant, SS, and Texarkana Texas

What happens with Prosper may depend on where McKinney High and Denton Guyer go. Guyer is right at the old 4A/5A cutoff and if it moves up or stays the same, Guyer will go back to 4A. McKinney looks like will go back to 5A thanks to open enrollment. So that will leave McKinney North floating free at 4A. If the cutoff drops and Guyer stays 5A, then Denton High will be free as well. (This will probably be the last alignment that Denton ISD has any 4A's until they build a fourth school.) The Frisco-Carrollton marriage will end because Smith and Turner turned in 5A numbers, but Creekview should stay 4A.

Sherman and Denison raised a stink last time about being sent to Texarkana, and the squeaky wheel gets the grease, so I doubt the UIL will ship them back to Wichita Falls with so many free 4As just to their south. So my thinking is Sherman, Denison, Prosper and North will be grouped together, and some schools could be added from the south and west. Lovejoy will probably be included because it's pretty close and I'm hearing the Wylie, Rockwall and Richardson schools will be all 5A (Pearce turned in 2130 and the 2 Rockwall schools turned in even more).

The rest of the district could be rounded out with any three of the following: Creekview, Little Elm, Lake Dallas, Denton High, Denton Guyer and The Colony, with the remainder going in with Frisco ISD. If logic played a factor, which it rarely does with the UIL, I'd say Creekview, The Colony and Little Elm would join Frisco based on geography.

But again, Guyer is a complicating factor because they'll go where Denton High goes if they go 4A. If Guyer stays 5A, then Highland Park could come into play. I suppose it's possible Greenville and Royse City could be in the mix too, but the UIL has several NE Texas schools to set up districts with and the I-30 connection is convenient.

Farmersfan
10-26-2011, 07:37 AM
Just food for thought: I think everybody recognizes that the total high school enrollment numbers offer unfair advantages to a large 3A over a small 3A. I'm only discussing here and not bitching but wouldn't a exceptional participation rate offer the same advantage? If Celina has 140 kids participate because of school and community culture then isn't that just as big an advantage as Lovejoy's 1100 students if Lovejoy also only gets 140 boys participating? It's an amazing thing to me that Celina and some other team get the kinds of participation that they get but I also think 140 boys playing football is more of a 4A participation level. What do you think?

LionFan72
10-26-2011, 07:44 AM
Just food for thought: I think everybody recognizes that the total high school enrollment numbers offer unfair advantages to a large 3A over a small 3A. I'm only discussing here and not bitching but wouldn't a exceptional participation rate offer the same advantage? If Celina has 140 kids participate because of school and community culture then isn't that just as big an advantage as Lovejoy's 1100 students if Lovejoy also only gets 140 boys participating? It's an amazing thing to me that Celina and some other team get the kinds of participation that they get but I also think 140 boys playing football is more of a 4A participation level. What do you think?
I think it depends on which 140 boys choose to participate, that is the luxury of having more to choose from!

cotulla
10-26-2011, 10:06 AM
Ok I'll bite.

WOW... don't think i ever heard of a school dropping and skipping a whole class. WOW

Leopard4Life
10-26-2011, 11:02 AM

Glad to see Prosper planning on splitting up to different High Schools and giving a lot more kids a chance to play. I would rather see this than the Univeristy of Allen (Allen Sr. High School), which as more students than Notre Dam and is the third largest High School in Texas, and also the 3rd largest in their district.

Lovejoy will never grow this big, we don't have the land and the mass majority of the district is zoned for 1 acre + lots. We will add another Middle School and maybe two more Elementary Schools. At the largest we will probably be a mid-sized 4A.

I wonder which way Celina will go? Will they go with the MEGA school or divide into smaller high schools?

OldNavy
10-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Glad to see Prosper planning on splitting up to different High Schools and giving a lot more kids a chance to play. I would rather see this than the Univeristy of Allen (Allen Sr. High School), which as more students than Notre Dam and is the third largest High School in Texas, and also the 3rd largest in their district.

Lovejoy will never grow this big, we don't have the land and the mass majority of the district is zoned for 1 acre + lots. We will add another Middle School and maybe two more Elementary Schools. At the largest we will probably be a mid-sized 4A.

I wonder which way Celina will go? Will they go with the MEGA school or divide into smaller high schools?

Right now, Celina is committed to 2 elementry and two Junior high schools feeding one high shcool, to keep the high schools at about 1500 per high school. I personally think that is too big, but it is better than having mega schools in my opinion.

Leopard4Life
10-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Right now, Celina is committed to 2 elementry and two Junior high schools feeding one high shcool, to keep the high schools at about 1500 per high school. I personally think that is too big, but it is better than having mega schools in my opinion.

Lovejoy currently is planning 4/5 Elementary Schools, 2 Middle Schools and 1 High School. There may be a need for a Freshman Center way down the road. Celina and Prosper both have way more undeveloped land than Lovejoy and if they have sewer they will have a lot more density.

I don't have any good rumors for realignment. Lovejoy could go South with Wylie schools, could go North with McKinney, Sherman or they could go West with Frisco. Who knows, including the UIL. I guess they will get their dart board out in January and align us with Denton Schools.

IndianFan2012
10-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Anything on Alvarado? I've heard we're going 4a....

SHSBulldog00
10-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Anything on Alvarado? I've heard we're going 4a....

Alvarado turned in 976 so unless it drops, 3A is where you will be.

orange machine
10-26-2011, 05:55 PM
If the current trend continues Celina will be in 3a for a long time. I look for Celina to replicate what they did at the 2a level. Celina will sit in 3a and continue to have 4a numbers out for football and the 2a days come back except in 3a. So in other words Celina should win some more state titles.

garciap77
10-26-2011, 06:06 PM
If the current trend continues Celina will be in 3a for a long time. I look for Celina to replicate what they did at the 2a level. Celina will sit in 3a and continue to have 4a numbers out for football and the 2a days come back except in 3a. So in other words Celina should win some more state titles.

How many more than Brownwood would you say? Will Selena continue to count the one you won in Class BB (the one Rockets continues to contest)?:D

orange machine
10-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Well of course that one counts it always has and will. A 9th one is rumered to be coming to Celina this year.

SHSBulldog00
10-26-2011, 06:47 PM
How many more than Brownwood would you say? Will Selena continue to count the one you won in Class BB (the one Rockets continues to contest)?:D

I thought it was spelled Sulineah?:)

garciap77
10-26-2011, 07:16 PM
I thought it was spelled Sulineah?:)

My BAD!:D

stang92
10-26-2011, 07:19 PM
I would love to see the UIL send Wylie and Brownwood east or central and put Sweetwater, Snyder, and Big Spring out west with Andrews, Monahans, Stockton like the good ole days

garciap77
10-26-2011, 07:22 PM
I would love to see the UIL send Wylie and Brownwood east or central and put Sweetwater, Snyder, and Big Spring out west with Andrews, Monahans, Stockton like the good ole days

Was that when Andrews was a powerhouse in 4a?

stang92
10-26-2011, 07:43 PM
that old 4A district was very competitive. Andrews, Sweetwater, and Monahans had some great ballgames in the 80's and 90's

Manso/V8
10-26-2011, 08:18 PM

Was every football player required to repeat 8th grade back in the 2a glory days?

bobcat4life
10-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Was every football player required to repeat 8th grade back in the 2a glory days?

Only the starters :stirpot:

upper20
10-26-2011, 09:43 PM

Wylie, Sweetwater, and Snyder would be the losers in terms of increased travel. It is getting tough to form reasonably sized 3A and 4A districts in West Texas. In the last ~10 years, within a ~100 mile radius of Abilene, I can think of 7 schools that have dropped from 3A to 2A (Ballinger, Brady, Breckenridge, Clyde, Comanche, Early, and Merkel).

Old LB
10-26-2011, 10:18 PM

Gotta make it past round 1 to win a title right? :doh:

SHSBulldog00
10-26-2011, 10:33 PM
District 9
Aubrey
Celina
Frisco Lone Star
Gainesville
Krum*
Sanger

District 29
Bay City
Brazosport
Columbia
El Campo
La Marque
Sweeny

Twirling Time
10-27-2011, 05:47 AM
District 9
Aubrey
Celina
Frisco Lone Star
Gainesville
Krum*
Sanger

I'd say that's fair, since Grayson County will not have a 3A team for the first time since 1979.

District 10 (bi-district pairing): Anna, Melissa, Bonham, Princeton, Farmersville, Community

firstdown
10-27-2011, 08:00 AM
District 9
Aubrey
Celina
Frisco Lone Star
Gainesville
Krum*
Sanger

Sanger, Krum and Argyle are all within a 20 mile radius I would expect them along with Gainesville to go west to region one with maybe Decatur and Bridgeport.

SHSBulldog00
10-27-2011, 09:25 AM
That's what Carl Padilla predicts for those districts. Thought you Dallas area folks would like to see that.

arges
10-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Where's Wharton?

Farmersfan
10-27-2011, 01:48 PM
I'd say that's fair, since Grayson County will not have a 3A team for the first time since 1979.

District 10 (bi-district pairing): Anna, Melissa, Bonham, Princeton, Farmersville, Community

I'm pretty sure Van Alstyne is in Grayson County????

OldNavy
10-27-2011, 03:01 PM
I'm pretty sure Van Alstyne is in Grayson County????

Van Alstyne only turned in 424. Unless the low end of 3A drops, they will be 2A next season.

SHSBulldog00
10-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Where's Wharton?

According to Padilla they are Region III!!!! Go Figure

OldNavy
10-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Gotta make it past round 1 to win a title right? :doh:

Celina has won the first round of the playoffs every year since 1992. Perhaps you were talking about Brownwood?:wave: