PDA

View Full Version : The Ticket is reporting John Rhadigan is..

eagles_victory
05-26-2011, 12:52 PM
Fired as Rangers play by play guy. In response to that I say to the Rangers front office there ya go boys...

waterboy
05-26-2011, 01:12 PM
I wonder who they'll get to replace him.....:thinking: I like John Rhadigan as a person, but play-by-play is not his forte'.

Txbroadcaster
05-26-2011, 01:14 PM
I feel bad for Rhads..did some production work with him few years ago, he is very nice a hard worker and really good as a pre/post game host.

Problem was he NEVER had done PbP in any capacity and it showed.

I honestly think the Rangers tried to go the cheap route by hiring him and hoped he would grow quickly into the position and the fans would give him a chance since he was a favorite among them..problem is, he was so bad at it the fans quickly turned on him.

Txbroadcaster
05-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Dave Barnett will take over the TV PbP with Busby filling in on radio

Roughneck93
05-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I feel bad for Rhads..did some production work with him few years ago, he is very nice a hard worker and really good as a pre/post game host.

Problem was he NEVER had done PbP in any capacity and it showed.

I honestly think the Rangers tried to go the cheap route by hiring him and hoped he would grow quickly into the position and the fans would give him a chance since he was a favorite among them..problem is, he was so bad at it the fans quickly turned on him.

Yeah he was not that good. Almost made you fall asleep when watching.

Macarthur
05-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Feel bad for him. Great guy, but he really was a fish out of water.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Finally, guess all the emails i sent worked :D

Guess kind of didnt like him when he went from Texas to Houston and back to Texas when the Rangers started winning.

BreckTxLonghorn
05-26-2011, 05:41 PM
I heard Rhadigan will go back to pre/post game show, so he'll at least be doing is forte.

I wish Barnett the best, but it's basically the same thing - another analyst doing the PbP. I think they should just have Nadel and Grieve simulcast radio and television (if possible). Nadel is the man.

eagles_victory
05-26-2011, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
I heard Rhadigan will go back to pre/post game show, so he'll at least be doing is forte.

I wish Barnett the best, but it's basically the same thing - another analyst doing the PbP. I think they should just have Nadel and Grieve simulcast radio and television (if possible). Nadel is the man. Had the best guy in the league and let him walk.