PDA

View Full Version : Mavs vs Thunder - Game 5

Phil C
05-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Thunder leads 85 to 77 with nine minutes left. Dallas certainly is not taking advantage of home court.

eagles_victory
05-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Big time response from a young team tonight. I had them buried after game 4.

coach
05-25-2011, 10:29 PM
That was a charge

FB-fanatic
05-25-2011, 10:46 PM
MAVERICKS!

BaseballUmp
05-25-2011, 10:48 PM
And boom goes the dynamite

eagles_victory
05-25-2011, 10:51 PM
EV said it all series that Dallas was just the better team... Where is thedoctordre?

eagles_victory
05-25-2011, 10:56 PM
I hate that man...

zebrablue2
05-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Way to go MAVS!!!

Phil C
05-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Mavs win 100 to 96. This was an important win and they needed to close out the series. Give Durrant and the Thunder credit for a great series. I don't know why the last split second Mavs points didn't count because I played it in slow motion and it was through the net at 0.1 second mark and it didn't look like there was any traveling. Oh well. No change in who won.

SintonFan
05-25-2011, 11:08 PM
Miami is gonna be fun! Can't stand that team. I hope this time Dallas goes up 3-0 and finished it in 4!
Go Mavs!:clap:

Roughneck93
05-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Way to go Mavs! Had to miss this game, was in Weimer taking in a little playoff baseball. My Necks lost tonight.

3afan
05-26-2011, 05:49 AM
go MAVS!

themsu97
05-26-2011, 07:20 AM
this series came down to one thing... coaching... Carlisle simply outcoached Brooks when it mattered most... down the stretch... the Thunder could have won games 4 and 5 but they looked lost down the stretch, granted they are a young team but that is where a coach has to do his job. Carlisle's team looked better.
Miami will be a different story but I have an inkling that Carlisle will be the superior coach in that series as well

Farmersfan
05-26-2011, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by themsu97
this series came down to one thing... coaching... Carlisle simply outcoached Brooks when it mattered most... down the stretch... the Thunder could have won games 4 and 5 but they looked lost down the stretch, granted they are a young team but that is where a coach has to do his job. Carlisle's team looked better.
Miami will be a different story but I have an inkling that Carlisle will be the superior coach in that series as well

I think coaching was certainly a big part of the Mavs win but for the most part when crunchtime came about in both game 4 and game 5 the Mavs put on some really, really tight D. Why they can't play that intense on the defensive end the whole game is beyond me but the important thing is they stayed close enough to put on the clamps in the end. I worry about Peja and Stephenson in the next round. Those guys gave us NOTHING on offense the last couple of games. The Mavs will need offensive production from all their players to handle the Heat's defense. But then again I don't see anyone on the Heat that will come close to handling Dirk. Go Mavs!

waterboy
05-26-2011, 07:36 AM
I think experience had more to do with the play down the stretch in this series. The Thunder haven't learned how to close games yet, and the Mavs have. I'm disappointed in the way the Mavs have gotten away from what got them this far, DEFENSE and hot shooting. The Mavs have looked out of sync on offense in the last two games, but to their credit they have turned up the defensive pressure late in the 4th in those games and closed them out with the win. The will definitely have their hands full in the Finals with Miami or Chicago. Both of those teams have extremely tough defenses, and offensively, they have slashing PGs that can get to the basket, along with length and athleticism that will be tough to cover defensively. The Mavs have to get out of the pattern of getting behind in games and waiting until the 4th quarter to put on defensive pressure. They will have to put together FOUR QUARTERS of DEFENSE, along with strong rebounding and few turnovers to attain their goal of winning a championship.

GO MAVS! FOUR WINS AWAY FROM A RING!!!

Bullaholic
05-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I think coaching was certainly a big part of the Mavs win but for the most part when crunchtime came about in both game 4 and game 5 the Mavs put on some really, really tight D. Why they can't play that intense on the defensive end the whole game is beyond me but the important thing is they stayed close enough to put on the clamps in the end. I worry about Peja and Stephenson in the next round. Those guys gave us NOTHING on offense the last couple of games. The Mavs will need offensive production from all their players to handle the Heat's defense. But then again I don't see anyone on the Heat that will come close to handling Dirk. Go Mavs!

Allright--get ready--I am going to make one of those possibly considered silly, outrageous, hind-sight statements that homer fans sometimes make---I think the Mavs have known since Gm2, that if they could stay close during the 1st 3 Qtrs of the game, and step on the gas in the 4th Quarter against the Thunder they would win.

Txbroadcaster
05-26-2011, 09:26 AM
I think coaching was certainly a big part of the Mavs win but for the most part when crunchtime came about in both game 4 and game 5 the Mavs put on some really, really tight D. Why they can't play that intense on the defensive end the whole game is beyond me !

You act like Dallas has played terrible D during the play off run..before playing OKC they were the best thru two rounds in PPG agianst..they then took on the top scoring play off team and held them under their play off average, held them to under 100 twice in 5 games( one under 90)

Maroon87
05-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Congrats to the Mavs...I hope they take it all, especially if they play the Heat.

OKC will be back...they were just too young this year. I was impressed with Harden and Collison. Those guys seem to make things happen off the bench.

:cool:

Phil C
05-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Indeed a great job by the Mavs. I knew they could take game 5 all along which was important so Miami wouldn't get the rest advantage.

sweetwater07
05-26-2011, 10:30 AM
I really hope they beat the Heat. I don't know if i could even look at Lebron James if he won a championship....garbage

Farmersfan
05-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
You act like Dallas has played terrible D during the play off run..before playing OKC they were the best thru two rounds in PPG agianst..they then took on the top scoring play off team and held them under their play off average, held them to under 100 twice in 5 games( one under 90)

See, I don't know what the heck you are talking about TXB. The Thunder averaged 102 PPG against a very bad Nuggets defense and if you take away the 4 OT periods in the Grizzles series the Thunder averaged 99 points a game against Memphis. BTW: OKC averaged 101 points against Dallas. That is NOT championship caliber defense. In two of the games against Dallas Durant fell off the face of the planet and the Mavs still gave up 100 points.

If the Mavs play this kind of defense against the Heat (or the Bulls) in the finals they will get swept. But I'm confindent they won't go into those games with such a lax attitude. Most likely we will see the kind of defense that shut out the Lakers. At least I'm hoping.

Txbroadcaster
05-26-2011, 11:02 AM
See, I don't know what the heck you are talking about TXB. The Thunder averaged 102 PPG against a very bad Nuggets defense and if you take away the 4 OT periods in the Grizzles series the Thunder averaged 99 points a game against Memphis. BTW: OKC averaged 101 points against Dallas. That is NOT championship caliber defense. In two of the games against Dallas Durant fell off the face of the planet and the Mavs still gave up 100 points.

If the Mavs play this kind of defense against the Heat (or the Bulls) in the finals they will get swept. But I'm confindent they won't go into those games with such a lax attitude. Most likely we will see the kind of defense that shut out the Lakers. At least I'm hoping.

I did not say Dallas played great D agianst OKC..I said going into the series they had best PPG agianst..in the OKC series in 5 games they held OKC under their playoff PPG and under 100 twice. That is not bad...can they improve, of course but I dont think their D was terrible I think they did what champ teams do this play offs..when needed they can win a shoot out, when needed they can win a game that barely touches the 90's.

Bullaholic
05-26-2011, 02:11 PM
The line was Mavs -6 in last night's game. How many bookies do you think exhaled when they took Terry's dunk off at the end of the game making the Mavs win by only 4?

Phil C
05-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Why did they take off the final two points on the Mavs' last dunk. I have played it very slowly and it looked like he got it through ?the net with 0.1 second left and that there was no traveling. They actually gave him the points and then took them off. A mystery indeed.

waterboy
05-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Why did they take off the final two points on the Mavs' last dunk. I have played it very slowly and it looked like he got it through ?the net with 0.1 second left and that there was no traveling. They actually gave him the points and then took them off. A mystery indeed.
Maybe the refs were in on the action....:eek: That's the only thing I can figure. They definitely missed a lot of calls, and called some that shouldn't have been......:eek: Makes me wonder....