PDA

View Full Version : Your Comfort Zone

Bullaholic
05-25-2011, 04:44 PM
What is your personal "comfort zone' as far as temp and conditions are concerned?

I hate hot weather---it is a lot easier for me to get warm than cool. I've been known to wear short sleeves in 32deg weather, but I can't take enough off in hot weather. I've got to have air flowing on me all the time with a ceiling fan and/or box fan plus the a/c. The only time I get cold is when it is a "wet" cold. Luckily, my wife and I are wired about the same in temp tolerance so we don't fight the battle of the thermostat much. I run the a/c in the car on high and the heater on low.

AP Panther Fan
05-25-2011, 05:02 PM
:thinking: Let's see......

I prefer warm weather to cold weather. At night the AC is set on 74 and during the day 76.

My comfort "extremes" are probably mid 50's to 90. The wind has been driving me crazy.

BaseballUmp
05-25-2011, 05:28 PM
Let's see, its 97 degrees here at the ball field and I've been here dang near all day. Add metal bleachers and everchanging shade patterns...sweating my ass off haha but I love it

SintonFan
05-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
What is your personal "comfort zone' as far as temp and conditions are concerned?

I hate hot weather---it is a lot easier for me to get warm than cool. I've been known to wear short sleeves in 32deg weather, but I can't take enough off in hot weather. I've got to have air flowing on me all the time with a ceiling fan and/or box fan plus the a/c. The only time I get cold is when it is a "wet" cold. Luckily, my wife and I are wired about the same in temp tolerance so we don't fight the battle of the thermostat much. I run the a/c in the car on high and the heater on low.

X2 :nerd:

Sweetwater Red
05-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Outside:

If I'm properly dressed I can handled any amout of cold weather. I'd say 95 or so when it comes
to heat.

Inside:

I'm good with 70-75. If I'm sleeping I like it as cold as possible (50-60's) with a lot of covers.

PPHSfan
05-25-2011, 06:01 PM
I prefer an ambient temperature of 69 degrees F all year long.

I personally think that air conditioning is mankinds greatest invention.

SHSBulldog00
05-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

I personally think that air conditioning is mankinds greatest invention.

I'm with you on this one.

Roughneck93
05-25-2011, 07:21 PM
I prefer the cold however running daily in 90°+ heat suites me fine as well.

SintonFan
05-25-2011, 07:24 PM
I regularly work outside in 100+ degree heat with 80+% humidity.
It sucks. It used to take me a day or two to get used to those first heat blasts. Now it takes a little longer, but hey, I'm game.

Gimme 35 and light rain and I'm a happy camper. I have the proper setup to keep me dry and warm.:cool:

Sweetwater Red
05-25-2011, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

Maybe you should move to San Diego.

poisoned10
05-25-2011, 10:14 PM
I haven't worn a pair of jeans in over 3 years. It's shorts all year long for me.

I'm going to love the temperature in Kentucky.