PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast

Bullaholic
05-25-2011, 12:29 PM
The best breakfast in the world is just after sunrise when your are camping in a beautiful spot beside a stream and you are cooking thick bacon, eggs over easy, and pancakes on a griddle with a great cup of coffee in one hand and a spatula in the other.

44INAROW
05-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
The best breakfast in the world is just after sunrise when your are camping in a beautiful spot beside a stream and you are cooking thick bacon, eggs over easy, and pancakes on a griddle with a great cup of coffee in one hand and a spatula in the other.
sounds pretty darn good to me........ 1st time I ever ate hash browns, I had gone camping with some friends (we were about 10) and her dad got up before sunrise - he made hashbrowns on a cast iron skillet. I was immediately hooked :)

Bullaholic
05-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
sounds pretty darn good to me........ 1st time I ever ate hash browns, I had gone camping with some friends (we were about 10) and her dad got up before sunrise - he made hashbrowns on a cast iron skillet. I was immediately hooked :)

Exactly, 44'--there is just something special about the smell of that bacon frying and coffee brewing in the morning while you are camping that is just the best. Hash browns are great. I like making breakfast burritos on the griddle by cooking lots of crumbled-up sausage and scrambled eggs mixed together---add some good salsa, and ummmmmmm.

Ranger Mom
05-25-2011, 01:46 PM
I hate coffee....I would have to have an ice cold Diet DP in that hand!!

greendawg84
05-25-2011, 02:06 PM
I am with you on that RM

garciap77
05-25-2011, 02:11 PM

Please post picture!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/take_a_pic.gif

Bullaholic
05-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Please post picture!http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/take_a_pic.gif

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/fat camper.bmp

:D

Ranger Mom
05-25-2011, 02:33 PM

He obviously doesn't drink Diet DP!

AP Panther Fan
05-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
He obviously doesn't drink Diet DP!

Is that is what is in the can on the table???? That and hand sanitizer????

Ranger Mom
05-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Is that is what is in the can on the table???? That and hand sanitizer????

LOL!! I gotta wonder what is in the jug on the ground. I bet the boy would have a hard time getting up to go potty.....maybe that jug IS his potty!!!

AP Panther Fan
05-25-2011, 02:41 PM
LOL!! I gotta wonder what is in the jug on the ground. I bet the boy would have a hard time getting up to go potty.....maybe that jug IS his potty!!!

ewwwwww......I think you are right!

AP Panther Fan
05-25-2011, 02:44 PM
hehehe....I think that is a fire extinguisher next to it. Probably a good thing to have since a quick exit doesn't seem probable.

Antec
05-25-2011, 02:48 PM
Ate a good breakfast growing up as a kid and some of my adulthood

Now all I eat is a waffle with a glass of orange juice

Been having problems with my stomache lately and no appetite

Wish I was hungry again for back with scrambled eggs and a pancake or french toast

Blastoderm55
05-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Had the Bananas Foster French Toast Slam at Denny's last weekend. Yummy!

BwdLion73
05-25-2011, 03:18 PM
hehehe....I think that is a fire extinguisher next to it. Probably a good thing to have since a quick exit doesn't seem probable.

He may be making speed but he is certainly not using it. :)

AP Panther Fan
05-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
He may be making speed but he is certainly not using it. :)

:spitlol:

PPHSfan
05-25-2011, 03:57 PM
The Sunday Brunch at the La Mansion Hotel in San Antonio, outside on the river, is quite a treat. One of the best $35.00 meals I've ever had.

garciap77
05-25-2011, 04:23 PM

:eek:

SintonFan_inAustin
05-25-2011, 10:40 PM
The best breakfast in the world is just after sunrise when your are camping in a beautiful spot beside a stream and you are cooking thick bacon, eggs over easy, and pancakes on a griddle with a great cup of coffee in one hand and a spatula in the other. +1

Necked
05-25-2011, 10:56 PM
When I was a kid my family never ate breakfast. If I eat anything before mid-day it just sits like a lump & I feel awful. I cant handle more than a couple of donuts, at best...

SintonFan
05-25-2011, 11:11 PM

Sounds like a winner.
Also, there is nothing like that camp fire brewed coffee over wood. You wake up even more when the coffee is brewing, much more than when at home.:clap:

GrTigers6
05-26-2011, 06:20 AM
When i was a kid, our alarm clock while camping was my uncles coffee pot perculating while on the camp fire, nothing like a cup of coffee thats half full of grounds, :D

Rabid Cougar
05-26-2011, 10:41 AM
I hate coffee....I would have to have an ice cold Diet DP in that hand!!

Pure blasphemy!

nobogey72
05-26-2011, 11:02 AM
CCMom told me her typical breakfast involves a Bloody Mary in one hand and a Bon Bon in the other.

AP Panther Fan
05-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Pure blasphemy!

I agree!

I didn't automatically like coffee though, it had to grow on me. I was and still am a hot tea drinker as well. My coffee has to have plenty of cream & sugar in it and has to be just the right color.:)

I kinda like the bloody mary idea though.:cool:

Bullaholic
05-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Once you try Community coffee and chicory---you'll never go back. But you do have to love strong coffee, and it just has so much more body and taste---all the rest taste like hot water with a few grounds sprinkled in.

PPHSfan
05-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Tim Hortons is good coffee too.

On a side note.

If you use coffee to freebase your sugar, you're not really a coffee drinker.

ccmom
05-26-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
CCMom told me her typical breakfast involves a Bloody Mary in one hand and a Bon Bon in the other. How insulting!! :mad: I can't stand Bloody Mary's. :rolleyes: Now Mimosas, on the other hand, will get your day off to a great start, and I've never met a Bon Bon I didn't like. :D

BEAST
05-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
How insulting!! :mad: I can't stand Bloody Mary's. :rolleyes: Now Mimosas, on the other hand, will get your day off to a great start, and I've never met a Bon Bon I didn't like. :D

He should have known. The upper crust dont drink vodka, they drink champagne.

BEAST

ccmom
05-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
He should have known. The upper crust dont drink vodka, they drink champagne.

BEAST

He doesn't know any better. He's from the trashy side of the golf course. :p

BEAST
05-26-2011, 03:15 PM

I hear ya:D

BEAST

nobogey72
05-26-2011, 03:19 PM

I heard just yesterday that there are a few kids on our side of the golf course that doen't even have 3GS OR 4G. They are still using the old 3G. Doesn't even have video capability!!!!! Sometimes I think all kids should be brought up tough like that.

ccmom
05-26-2011, 03:31 PM
I heard just yesterday that there are a few kids on our side of the golf course that doen't even have 3GS OR 4G. They are still using the old 3G. Doesn't even have video capability!!!!! Sometimes I think all kids should be brought up tough like that.

Actually, the homeowners association banned the use of video devices over in your "hood". They are still trying to round up all the copies of your Fourth of July "hole in one". What a disgrace! :eek: :ack!:

PPHSfan
05-26-2011, 07:53 PM
Actually, the homeowners association banned the use of video devices over in your "hood". They are still trying to round up all the copies of your Fourth of July "hole in one". What a disgrace! :eek: :ack!:

Lol

nobogey72
05-27-2011, 08:44 AM

Hey!!! I won "best supporting actor in a dramatical role" for that. And, to think I'd had no formal training either.:clap: :clap: :clap: Several people I know have used it for training purposes.

footballfan65
05-27-2011, 08:47 AM
Don't forget the toast. Camp toast is the best with lots of butter.

ccmom
05-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Hey!!! I won "best supporting actor in a dramatical role" for that. And, to think I'd had no formal training either.:clap: :clap: :clap: Several people I know have used it for training purposes.

"Dramatical"?:doh: I would consider that film more of a "slap stick comedy"...:eek:

STANG RED
05-27-2011, 12:38 PM
My coffee has to have plenty of cream & sugar in it and has to be just the right color.:)

I like my coffee like I like my women. Sweet, white, and hot.;)

Roughneck93
05-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I like my coffee like I like my women. Sweet, white, and hot.;)

:fnypost: :iagree:

bobcat1
05-27-2011, 07:12 PM

:D Poor guy. Being fat I feel for him. I know I know we could change but at 54 I have all but given up on ever being fit again. Knees are wore out after surgery on one still has no ACL attached, back surgery twice and one neck surgery. If I could afford the Gastic Sleeve I would get it done in a heartbeat.

Bloody Mary's I make are good. I don't use celery salt in mine. Bullaholic that breakfast brings back good memories of me and my Dad and later on of me and my boys! Thanks!

Bullaholic
05-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Poor guy. Being fat I feel for him. I know I know we could change but at 54 I have all but given up on ever being fit again. Knees are wore out after surgery on one still has no ACL attached, back surgery twice and one neck surgery. If I could afford the Gastic Sleeve I would get it done in a heartbeat.

Bloody Mary's I make are good. I don't use celery salt in mine. Bullaholic that breakfast brings back good memories of me and my Dad and later on of me and my boys! Thanks!

bobcat, I hear you---I'm packing way too many pounds and both knees are shot---but I'm not in such bad shape that I can't whup 4 or 5 young flat-bellies at once...:D

Glad the thread brought back some good memories for you---it is the same with me---many is the time my dad would filet and fry fresh crappie, catfish, or trout while we were in Colorado.

bobcat1
05-29-2011, 07:24 AM
bobcat, I hear you---I'm packing way too many pounds and both knees are shot---but I'm not in such bad shape that I can't whup 4 or 5 young flat-bellies at once...:D

Glad the thread brought back some good memories for you---it is the same with me---many is the time my dad would filet and fry fresh crappie, catfish, or trout while we were in Colorado. Now that is a meal to die for. Fresh fish cooked at camp.:2thumbsup