PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the birds..civil unrest?

Cam
05-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Has anybody else noticed the birds? They're mighty feisty these days....do they know something we don't? In the last few days I've noticed:

1) A woodpecker "throwin' beaks" with a mockingbird. Now we all know a mockingbird can be a pretty tough bird. But Woody wasn't having none of it. Mockingbird finally flew off after a pretty long battle with Woody. Guess it figured out Woody has a hell of a beak!

2) When I got to work, I walked by a pickup truck in the parking lot. I heard some rufflin' in the truck bed so I took a peak. Two crows were all tangled up and they didn't seem to care I got close to em'...It looked like they were having sex in the missionary position!! But I quickly figured birds don't do missionary cause it's against their religion....so, it turned out to be an all out serious brawl! They were exhausted. I spooked them and they flew off only to continue the brawl in a tree..Must have been fightin' over who's gonna be the best team in 3A for this coming year.....

3) This one was impressive. Mr. Mockingbird again tryin' to be the usual bullies that they are. Decided to pick on a little ol' hummingbird in my front yard. Wow, what a mistake! This little hummer said something in bird language which I think translated meant, "you want some of this?".......It was on!.....Hummer used it's superior flight and hovering skills and continuously got some good beak shots at the mockingbird. Before you know it, hummer was chasin' mock from tree to tree!!! I am now convinced the hummingbird should be our new STATE BIRD!!!

What's with all the avian violence?.....which gets me to thinkin'......If birds from the Middle East were to fly over here, what would happen then???

pos yo no se.......

BEAST
05-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Cam
Has anybody else noticed the birds? They're mighty feisty these days....do they know something we don't? In the last few days I've noticed:

1) A woodpecker "throwin' beaks" with a mockingbird. Now we all know a mockingbird can be a pretty tough bird. But Woody wasn't having none of it. Mockingbird finally flew off after a pretty long battle with Woody. Guess it figured out Woody has a hell of a beak!

2) When I got to work, I walked by a pickup truck in the parking lot. I heard some rufflin' in the truck bed so I took a peak. Two crows were all tangled up and they didn't seem to care I got close to em'...It looked like they were having sex in the missionary position!! But I quickly figured birds don't do missionary cause it's against their religion....so, it turned out to be an all out serious brawl! They were exhausted. I spooked them and they flew off only to continue the brawl in a tree..Must have been fightin' over who's gonna be the best team in 3A for this coming year.....

3) This one was impressive. Mr. Mockingbird again tryin' to be the usual bullies that they are. Decided to pick on a little ol' hummingbird in my front yard. Wow, what a mistake! This little hummer said something in bird language which I think translated meant, "you want some of this?".......It was on!.....Hummer used it's superior flight and hovering skills and continuously got some good beak shots at the mockingbird. Before you know it, hummer was chasin' mock from tree to tree!!! I am now convinced the hummingbird should be our new STATE BIRD!!!

What's with all the avian violence?.....which gets me to thinkin'......If birds from the Middle East were to fly over here, what would happen then???

pos yo no se.......

They would soon meet their 70 virgin birds.

BEAST