PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for Tornados today

BaseballUmp
05-24-2011, 01:08 PM
http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/tornado-outbreak-tue-classic-ingredients_2011-05-23

44INAROW
05-24-2011, 02:15 PM
We've been getting these from some of our insurance carriers.
this one is dated 5/24/11 1:50 pm

"*****Insurance has been monitoring a weather pattern that has the potential to bring severe weather, including a significant tornado outbreak, to central Oklahoma and north central Texas. Be assured, we are prepared to help you provide prompt, professional, and efficient claims service to our policyholders."

My comment - if folks are thinking FEMA is going to continue to bail them out of these disasters - they have a rude awakening.. FEMA has been hit hard financially, as well as the Salvation Army and Red Cross. I make donations to both Salvation Army and Red Cross.. I urge those with the means to do so themselves. Looks likes these natural disasters are going to continue......... and they get worse each time. Also, get some insurance :) it might be cheaper than you think..unless you live down by the coast - then the coverage gets harder to find and more expensive.

BwdLion73
05-24-2011, 02:47 PM
Looks like it could be Tulsa's day later on this evening.

I take it your in the insurance business 44. Bad year for insurance ... good year if you have a catastrophy company that supplies independent adjusters.

44INAROW
05-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73

I take it your in the insurance business 44. Bad year for insurance ... good year if you have a catastrophy company that supplies independent adjusters.
I hear ya.. don't wanna jinx it but we've faired pretty well down here this year.. Waiting on Hurricane Season - which starts June 1st - we've lucked out 2 years in a row.. hoping for 3.............. with my luck, a named storm will hit the Texas coast between June 19th and June 28th - when I'll be sipping margaritas on the beach in Florida.. Last time we went to this place, was July 2003, when Hurricane Claudette hit down here. I came back to a mess :( I have some good friends who's daughter and son in law are moving to OKC in a few weeks. This tornado mess is very unsettling I am sure :eek:

BwdLion73
05-24-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm not wishing anything bad, but a nice tropical storm or depression coming up from the Texas coast in August could be a life saver for Texas. :thinking:

Texas should be safe in June.....now Florida where you will be...:thinking:

Ranger Mom
05-24-2011, 04:30 PM
No tornado here, but crazy winds and another grassfire burning out of control between Midland and Odessa. The road that runs by the airport is closed!

NastySlot
05-24-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I hear ya.. don't wanna jinx it but we've faired pretty well down here this year.. Waiting on Hurricane Season - which starts June 1st - we've lucked out 2 years in a row.. hoping for 3.............. with my luck, a named storm will hit the Texas coast between June 19th and June 28th - when I'll be sipping margaritas on the beach in Florida.. Last time we went to this place, was July 2003, when Hurricane Claudette hit down here. I came back to a mess :( I have some good friends who's daughter and son in law are moving to OKC in a few weeks. This tornado mess is very unsettling I am sure :eek:

keeping an eye on the weather...my son and his girlfriend live in Norman.

44INAROW
05-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
keeping an eye on the weather...my son and his girlfriend live in Norman.
i have been watching Storm Chasers on the WEather Channel online- serious stuff going on in OKC right now..

BwdLion73
05-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Thats one thing Oklahoma does right. They have storm reporting and forecasting down to an art. I have seen TV stations report live for hours with no commercial breaks.

Is DDBooger in Stillwater?

BaseballUmp
05-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Thats one thing Oklahoma does right. They have storm reporting and forecasting down to an art. I have seen TV stations report live for hours with no commercial breaks.

Is DDBooger in Stillwater?

Naw he fb checked in in San Marcos earlier this afternoon so I presumed he was heading back down south

DDBooger
05-24-2011, 05:22 PM

Is DDBooger in Stillwater? Thanks for the concern, bud. I left at 2:30am anticipating a wild day today. And I was right. I have friends who let out their maymester courses and administrative assistants have brought their families to the building to take shelter underground. OKC had a half mile Tornado touch down. Heading towards Stillwater and then Tulsa.

DDBooger
05-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Video of the tornado that landed in OKC about a half hour ago.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14935528

NastySlot
05-24-2011, 05:37 PM
my son just phone headed to campus shelter....in norman

DDBooger
05-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
my son just phone headed to campus shelter....in norman Glad to hear that. Those buildings are sturdy enough as long as your not near windows.

BwdLion73
05-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Thanks for the concern, bud. I left at 2:30am anticipating a wild day today. And I was right. I have friends who let out their maymester courses and administrative assistants have brought their families to the building to take shelter underground. OKC had a half mile Tornado touch down. Heading towards Stillwater and then Tulsa.

Well it's a good day to be in Texas.;)

Astrosdawg07
05-24-2011, 06:38 PM
Well it's a good day to be in Texas.;)

Always a good day to be in Texas!

FB-fanatic
05-24-2011, 09:00 PM

My brother owns an insurance adjusting company for storms and disasters in Tulsa. I have 2 other brothers that work for him, chasing storms. They all seem to be doing pretty good this year.

eagleqb_14
05-24-2011, 09:46 PM
"coach" was at the ranger game in Arlington and the game got cancelled due to weather

garciap77
05-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Video of the tornado that landed in OKC about a half hour ago.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14935528

There is still time to repent!!!!:D

:p

;)

Welcome back to Texas!:)