PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers Starting Rotation

Txbroadcaster
05-24-2011, 09:55 AM
In the last 12 games, Rangers starters have averaged a tick over seven innings per start (86.2 frames), racked up a 1.77 ERA, and held opponents to a .211 batting average.

If they can get some bullpen help, and keep the bats healthy they will be a force

Farmersfan
05-24-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
In the last 12 games, Rangers starters have averaged a tick over seven innings per start (86.2 frames), racked up a 1.77 ERA, and held opponents to a .211 batting average.

If they can get some bullpen help, and keep the bats healthy they will be a force

I am really surprised and thrilled that they have been able to stay amoungst the leaders in their division with all the injuries on the team. Fortunately for the Rangers the other teams in the division have been playing fairly poorly also so the Rangers didn't lose any ground. I really expected the Angels or A's to step up a lot from last season but neither has done so yet. Good news for the Rangers. Both Nelly and Josh hit homeruns last night in their first game back. If they get healthy they can certainly go on a run.

Farmersfan
05-24-2011, 10:04 AM

1.77 era and the team is 7-5 in those 12 games. The bats better wake up too.............

Macarthur
05-24-2011, 10:52 AM
amazing the difference Josh and Nellie make in that lineup.

If the pitchers can maintain this somewhat (i know they can't keep up this pace all year), they will win this division by double digits.

Txbroadcaster
05-24-2011, 11:05 AM
With the pitching Oakland and Texas has we could see some amazing division races over the next few years..Ken Rosenthal in an segment predicted in a couple of years both teams will be winning 98 to 100 games

Gsquared
05-24-2011, 11:08 AM
With the pitching Oakland and Texas has we could see some amazing division races over the next few years..Ken Rosenthal in an segment predicted in a couple of years both teams will be winning 98 to 100 games
http://hosted.ap.org/photos/A/a5a39f51-40ad-496f-91a5-63cd0dfdbb2b-big.jpg

eagles_victory
05-24-2011, 02:18 PM
With the pitching Oakland and Texas has we could see some amazing division races over the next few years..Ken Rosenthal in an segment predicted in a couple of years both teams will be winning 98 to 100 games Seattle has been lights out also pitching in this division over the last couple weeks. Really hope King Felix is gone from the division after this year even though the Mariners are never really a threat.

Farmersfan
05-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Although the ERA of our starters is fairly good right now I would say that from top to bottom Texas has the worst rotation in the division. If Nefty doesn't stop blowing saves it won't even be debateable.........

Txbroadcaster
05-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Although the ERA of our starters is fairly good right now I would say that from top to bottom Texas has the worst rotation in the division. If Nefty doesn't stop blowing saves it won't even be debateable.........

yes bulpen is bad..Felis has 9 saves with 2 blown ones, right off coming off DL..I think he will be fine

Macarthur
05-24-2011, 03:30 PM

The problem with oakland is that they have zero offense. they simply can't score runs.