Game 2: Saturday at 3
Game 3: 30 min after game 2

All games at Weimar's Veterans Park.

areacode337
05-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Great Choice and Good Luck.

baseballcoach13
05-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks...we will need it again this week. Salado looks like they are tough and playing excellent baseball.

Roughneck93
05-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Can't wait! Good luck Coach!

Daddy D 11
05-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Salado really puts the ball in play. They rarely strike out.

On the mound, Luna keeps you off balance but IMO is a below average pitcher. Slow sweeping curve and then a loopy spinning slider... my advice is to work on slow off speed during the week just in case he's locating those for strikes... but to really just be patient and make Luna throw a lot of pitches, he tends to run that pitch count up pretty quick if you'll be patient. I'd ignore all the junk and just sit on the fastball, it's flat.

Defensively, I feel like their vulnerable on the left side of the infield. They're definitely going to make some errors if you hit it decently hard at them.

Salado is really really well coached though and that will impress you guys before the series is over no doubt

SintonFan_inAustin
05-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
Salado really puts the ball in play. They rarely strike out.

On the mound, Luna keeps you off balance but IMO is a below average pitcher. Slow sweeping curve and then a loopy spinning slider... my advice is to work on slow off speed during the week just in case he's locating those for strikes... but to really just be patient and make Luna throw a lot of pitches, he tends to run that pitch count up pretty quick if you'll be patient. I'd ignore all the junk and just sit on the fastball, it's flat.

Defensively, I feel like their vulnerable on the left side of the infield. They're definitely going to make some errors if you hit it decently hard at them.

Salado is really really well coached though and that will impress you guys before the series is over no doubt Sinton pitcher kept getting the fastball by them earlier in the year and finish with 11 strikeouts against Salado with a 4 hit shutout. But it seems they were struggling early in the year as the first go round in district they struggled to score runs also and not til the second part of district that Salado started to hit the ball well. Salado and Columbia seem to be playing their best baseball right now when it counts. Good luck to both.