PDA

View Full Version : if you have nothing else to do....

trojandad
05-23-2011, 09:57 AM
this isn't a necessity by any stretch, but you guys are so decent here i wanted to ask a favor if you havent got anything else to do....

as you probably know, my other half is attending a study abroad engineering class in spain for the next 6 weeks....she made it over fine (thank you for your prayers) and she is journaling in a blog, its a prerequisite for a scholarship she received before going and will be a preequisite for a potential larger scholarship to come...over the next six weeks they will be seeing a side of europe most dont, hard hat excavation areas, castle interiors, ancient aquaducts and catacombs in the pyrannees, with pictures of each....im not an architecture or engineering buff but if you are it should be better than having to watch someones home movies....lol

the link to her blog is:

http://spain2011engineering.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-06%3A00&updated-max=2012-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-06%3A00&max-results=7

im sure there is a shorter addy but that'll get you there....please dont feel that this is any type of emergency, she has a jillion facebook friends she can ask but most of them are engineering majors as well and have many friends doing this same trip so they vie for each others attention for the scholarship money....i save my desperate requests for medical situations and this ain't one, im doing well that way.....but if this type of thing interests you it would sure help her to show followers on it.....thanks much...

and yes, its baths for me for 6 weeks.....

Ranger Mom
05-23-2011, 10:01 AM
I'll check it out!!!

trojandad
05-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'll check it out!!!

too funny....i told her on skype last night that i was gonna post it and she said "i bet that nice lady that breaks up fights will look"....too funny, mom....:clap: :clap:

BEAST
05-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Ill check it out also. Does she just need people reading the sight to fulfill her requirments?

BEAST

Ranger Mom
05-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Ill check it out also. Does she just need people reading the sight to fulfill her requirments?

BEAST

It's really pretty interesting, I just got done reading it all...and am patiently "impatiently" waiting for the "editing" to get done so I will feel "caught up!":)

trojandad
05-23-2011, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by BEAST

BEAST

following her helps, commenting helps, the best i can understand they have an unknown aggie formula for the success they're after....she's got several emails into the scholarship people but none returned yet since she got her money....but thanks for however you choose to follow....:D

trojandad
05-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It's really pretty interesting, I just got done reading it all...and am patiently "impatiently" waiting for the "editing" to get done so I will feel "caught up!":)

yea, i told her between tryin to make a's, stay in touch with our daughter and keep up it that blog, shes gonna go sleepless.....

Roughneck93
05-23-2011, 10:51 AM
Just got reading her blog. Very interesting. Look forward to seeing pics of the adventures she goes on. By the way, loved the smoking warnings on the cigarette boxes. Very to the point.

trojandad
05-23-2011, 11:24 AM
ok, she just texted me.....followin does help as far the scholarships....but again, only if it is what you'd like to do....we've been blessed so it isn't an emergency....:D

trojandad
05-23-2011, 07:30 PM
sorry, just tryin to help her......

trojandad
05-24-2011, 02:10 AM
just found out the town they are going to next week for the remainder of their stay, ciudad real, lies on the edge of a dormant <?!?!?> volcano......but its still active enough to provide heated water for electricity as well as for natural saunas and hot baths as well as mineral waters.....

ok, she already flew over iceland the day a volcano went off.....was this an aggie that planned this?....oh, yea, wait, it was....LOTS of them......<sorry, babe, just had to>.....:D

and yes, we'll be up each morning at this time for 6 weeks, 1 am here is 8 am there, so we get to skype her before she heads to class....

trojandad
05-25-2011, 07:00 PM
as of today, she has more total hits on her site than anyone there....thanks much for your help.....:D