PDA

View Full Version : Mavs vs Thunder game 4

Farmersfan
05-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Ok. The Mavs got a great win in game 3 when Dirk didn't play a good game, J. Terry shot very poorly and the Thunder got 18 more free throws than the Mavs did. How do you guys seeing Game 4 going tonight? Do the Mavs take the 5th straight road win in the playoffs or will they go back to Dallas with the home court advantage and a 2-2 tie?
Will Dirk unravel the mystery of the defensive genius of Collison? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Will Jet get his groove back on line? And how many 2' shots will Shawn Marion miss in game 4?

Oh yea! I heard this morning the league has recinded the technical foul on Chandler from game #3. They ruled that Tyson's elbow barely grazed Harden and he flopped. My question is in a situation like this where they know a player flopped like that why don't they fine or punish the flopper? Isn't this exactly like the Jetter fake getting hit by a pitch? The media and fans ate Jetter's lunch for that yet in basketball it seems commonplace.

waterboy
05-23-2011, 09:43 AM
It'll be hard for the Mavs to duplicate the defensive intensity they had in the first half of Game 3. They can do it, but will they? I'm pretty sure Dirk and Jet will be shooting better in Game 4, but who will step up off the bench besides Jet? There's a lot of variables in Game 4 that are hard to figure. I can't see Durant, Westbrook, and Hardin all having subpar games at home again. It all depends on which teams shows up. I have no doubt that the Mavs can dictate the pace in this game, but will they be able to sustain it for 4 quarters. We shall see.

SIX MORE WINS AWAY FROM A RING!!!

Phil C
05-23-2011, 09:43 AM
It would be too much to expect the Mavs to win two straight games at OKC so the Thunder wins tonight. :(

waterboy
05-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
It would be too much to expect the Mavs to win two straight games at OKC so the Thunder wins tonight. :(
I don't think it's too much to expect. I think the Mavs are fully capable, but it'll take a monumental effort.

DavidWooderson
05-23-2011, 11:07 AM
I think Dirk shows up tonight. After Saturday night, IF OKC can keep it close early, they might stay in the game and the series, but if the Mavs get out to a big lead like they did Saturday night it's over....the game and the series. Mavs in 5.

Txbroadcaster
05-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Mavs playing with house money IMO, they at least have the split...now they have a chance to bury OKC

Bull's-eye
05-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
It'll be hard for the Mavs to duplicate the defensive intensity they had in the first half of Game 3.

Credit the Mavs for playing good defense, but the Thunder shot terrible from behind the arc (1-17). Dallas has regain control of this series due to OKC laying an egg in game 3. OKC is in a must win sitiuation, look for them to bring the intensity tonight.

Big Papa
05-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Did the rescind westbrooks technical as well?

waterboy
05-23-2011, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Credit the Mavs for playing good defense, but the Thunder shot terrible from behind the arc (1-17). Dallas has regain control of this series due to OKC laying an egg in game 3. OKC is in a must win sitiuation, look for them to bring the intensity tonight.
Thanks to the Mavs defense early in Game 3. It got OKC out of rhythm and they never really recovered. If you play with that kind of defensive intensity that's what happens. A couple of shots don't fall early and it's hard to find your rhythm.

Emerson1
05-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
Did the rescind westbrooks technical as well?
No. There was no reason for it to be.

DavidWooderson
05-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Same with Tyson's in game 1 that was rescinded and not Perkins'

STANG RED
05-23-2011, 01:09 PM
I kindof think OKC will get their young legs under them tonight, and will manage to pull this one out. But I do think the Mavs will win the series in 6. If the Mavs do manage to win tonight, it'll be over in 5.

Big Papa
05-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
No. There was no reason for it to be.

Oh I'm sorry I probably asked wrong... Did they give Dirk one for his role in it?

icu812
05-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Oh I'm sorry I probably asked wrong... Did they give Dirk one for his role in it?

I don't think they "give" techs after the fact. They review the techs that were given. They do fine players but Dirk did nothing that deserved a fine.

Emerson1
05-23-2011, 02:20 PM
The ref could have been staring at Dirk and it still wouldn't have been a T.

Bullaholic
05-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Collison beat on Dirk all night long in Gm3 and got away with it.

eagles_victory
05-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Collison beat on Dirk all night long in Gm3 and got away with it. That was good defense. People were just surprised because Dirk got so many calls in game 1.

Mavs will win this series without a real threat from the Thunder. Dallas is just the better team.

The ref could have been staring at Dirk and it still wouldn't have been a T. Dirk should of gotten at least 1 tech in game 3.

Farmersfan
05-23-2011, 02:55 PM
One factor that we might not have considered is that Danny Crawford is one of the officials tonight. That doesn't bode well for the Mavs. Dallas is 3-13 in playoffs games that Crawford officiates and the foul calls are always way lopsided. So it looks like Dallas will have to beat the refs again tonight if they want to win.

Farmersfan
05-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
That was good defense. People were just surprised because Dirk got so many calls in game 1.

If it's good defense on Dirk then shouldn't it also be good defense on Durant and Westbrook? Why is it ok to grab, hold and hammer Dirk but the two Thunder stars can't be breathed on without a foul being called?

eagles_victory
05-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
One factor that we might not have considered is that Danny Crawford is one of the officials tonight. That doesn't bode well for the Mavs. Dallas is 3-13 in playoffs games that Crawford officiates and the foul calls are always way lopsided. So it looks like Dallas will have to beat the refs again tonight if they want to win. I didn't see bad officiating in game 3.

eagles_victory
05-23-2011, 03:01 PM
If it's good defense on Dirk then shouldn't it also be good defense on Durant and Westbrook? Why is it ok to grab, hold and hammer Dirk but the two Thunder stars can't be breathed on without a foul being called? I don't remember seeing a play and thinking wow how is Dirk not shooting free throws. Honestly Dirk could of easily been t'd up twice at least once for sure and wasn't.

As for Durant shooting so many free throws that is the story of his career he has a knack for getting those calls. Thank God it isn't as bad this year as it was last year.

Emerson1
05-23-2011, 03:05 PM
If it's good defense on Dirk then shouldn't it also be good defense on Durant and Westbrook? Why is it ok to grab, hold and hammer Dirk but the two Thunder stars can't be breathed on without a foul being called?
EV hates Dallas. He is miami's #1 fan.

eagles_victory
05-23-2011, 03:07 PM
EV hates Dallas. He is miami's #1 fan. I have cheered for Dallas in every series this postseason. Just an unbias opinion. I don't like the Thunder that much. I don't like Mark Cuban but other than that I like Dallas alright.

waterboy
05-23-2011, 03:13 PM
I didn't see bad officiating in game 3.
I don't know what game you watched, but Game 3 had terrible officiating at times. Regardless of what team you follow in the NBA, the officiating is horrible more times than not. All teams can have a gripe about officiating in any particular game, and this game was no different from any of the rest. Sometimes the calls go your way, sometimes they don't, but the officiating in the NBA is inconsistent and questionable almost all the time. The hope is that the calls will even up over the course of a 7-game series. No excuses, though, you still have to adapt and overcome in order to win. You can't let the officiating dictate how your game goes. You have to set the tone early to see how it's going to go in any particular game......test the waters, so to speak. The Mavs will have to play lights out defensively to get the Thunder out of their rhythm. If they do that they should have no problem winning this series. The first half of Game 3 was more like the Mavs I've been watching during the regular season when they went on that long winning streak. They will definitely have to have a better shooting night, too.

eagles_victory
05-23-2011, 03:16 PM
I don't know what game you watched, but Game 3 had terrible officiating at times. Regardless of what team you follow in the NBA, the officiating is horrible more times than not. All teams can have a gripe about officiating in any particular game, and this game was no different from any of the rest. Sometimes the calls go your way, sometimes they don't, but the officiating in the NBA is inconsistent and questionable almost all the time. The hope is that the calls will even up over the course of a 7-game series. No excuses, though, you still have to adapt and overcome in order to win. You can't let the officiating dictate how your game goes. You have to set the tone early to see how it's going to go in any particular game......test the waters, so to speak. The Mavs will have to play lights out defensively to get the Thunder out of their rhythm. If they do that they should have no problem winning this series. The first half of Game 3 was more like the Mavs I've been watching during the regular season when they went on that long winning streak. They will definitely have to have a better shooting night, too. Officiating is never going to be perfect. Ill take a game like game 3 over game 1 anyday.Collison did a great jobon Dirk I don't think he got away with too much getting physical is part of basketball.

Farmersfan
05-23-2011, 03:24 PM
I don't remember seeing a play and thinking wow how is Dirk not shooting free throws. Honestly Dirk could of easily been t'd up twice at least once for sure and wasn't.

As for Durant shooting so many free throws that is the story of his career he has a knack for getting those calls. Thank God it isn't as bad this year as it was last year.

Durant averaged 8 freethrows a game this season and shot 11 in game #3.
Dirk averaged 6 freethrows a game this season and shot 3 in game #3.

Dirk is normally unstoppable for most of the BEST power forwards in the league that try to guard him. I don't think Nick Collison could even slow him down without grabbing, holding and basically manhandling him.

eagles_victory
05-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Durant averaged 8 freethrows a game this season and shot 11 in game #3.
Dirk averaged 6 freethrows a game this season and shot 3 in game #3.

Dirk is normally unstoppable for most of the BEST power forwards in the league that try to guard him. I don't think Nick Collison could even slow him down without grabbing, holding and basically manhandling him. Collison is a great energy guy and plays solid defense. Just because he isn't a great offensive player and doesn't get recognition doesn't mean he isn't a good defensive player. Collison took Dirk's ability to catch the ball where he wanted and to use triple threat position effectively away. The Thunder made a great adjustment on Dirk give credit where credit is due just because Dirk got slowed down doesn't mean he was fouled all game. It isn't all defense either Dirk just missed some shots he normally makes.

waterboy
05-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Officiating is never going to be perfect. Ill take a game like game 3 over game 1 anyday.Collison did a great jobon Dirk I don't think he got away with too much getting physical is part of basketball.
True, officiating is never going to be perfect, and I would take the officiating in Game 3 over Game 1, too, but to say Collison didn't get away with a lot of grabbing, holding, and bumping is not true. Collison was allowed to do that and continued it throughout the game. It's smart defensive play if he's allowed to do it. If that's the way the officials are going to call it, they need to be consistent and call it both ways. They were calling touch fouls on some plays, but they swallowed the whistle when somebody obviously got hacked. And, yes, Dirk got hacked a few times in the paint. There were bad calls on both ends of the court, and there was absolutely no consistency. It makes it hard for either team to know what kind of game to play if the officials can't be consistent. It definitely can affect players' rhythm, and that's the problem I have.

Big Papa
05-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by icu812
I don't think they "give" techs after the fact. They review the techs that were given. They do fine players but Dirk did nothing that deserved a fine.
They don't give them after the fact... And nothing in that scenario deserved a fine... Nothing in that situation deserved anything but inbounding the ball

waterboy
05-23-2011, 04:21 PM
They don't give them after the fact... And nothing in that scenario deserved a fine... Nothing in that situation deserved anything but inbounding the ball
I agree. It shouldn't have been a technical on either player, in my opinion, but the officials are really keeping an eye on players getting "testy" due to so many incidents in the NBA. I can't remember......don't players get fined for technicals? If they do, that may be the reason they rescinded.

Txbroadcaster
05-23-2011, 04:22 PM
I agree. It shouldn't have been a technical on either player, in my opinion, but the officials are really keeping an eye on players getting "testy" due to so many incidents in the NBA. I can't remember......don't players get fined for technicals? If they do, that may be the reason they rescinded.

They rescind them because players are suspended once they pick up 7th Technical during the play offs.

waterboy
05-23-2011, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
They rescind them because players are suspended once they pick up 7th Technical during the play offs.
I remember that. Westbrook already has 4 or 5 techs in the playoffs if I remember correctly, and if this one stood he'd be one more closer to be suspended so that's why they rescinded. Gotcha.

Txbroadcaster
05-23-2011, 08:55 PM
I just watched one of the worst broadcasting blunders

The talk about the Noah slur was fine, but when something is hapening on the court and the fans are booing and the players are getting more intense, you shelve that discussion and talk about what is happening AT THE GAME YOUR BROADCASTING

No instant replay of why the OKC player went to the ground, nothing.

Farmersfan
05-23-2011, 09:05 PM
It's amazing. The worst quarter and a half of basketball the Mavs could play and they are still in this. Already 10 turnovers and the Mavs players are all indecisive and act like they are lost. Come on Mavs! Get it together.........

Farmersfan
05-23-2011, 09:08 PM
I just watched one of the worst broadcasting blunders

The talk about the Noah slur was fine, but when something is hapening on the court and the fans are booing and the players are getting more intense, you shelve that discussion and talk about what is happening AT THE GAME YOUR BROADCASTING

No instant replay of why the OKC player went to the ground, nothing.

These are horrible announcers TXB. Van Gundy makes my head hurt.

Phil C
05-23-2011, 09:19 PM
The Thunder leads 59 to 54 at the half. The Thunder have outplayed them but they are doing like the Mavs did in game 3 and let them hang around and it could be costly.

Txbroadcaster
05-23-2011, 09:26 PM
It's amazing. The worst quarter and a half of basketball the Mavs could play and they are still in this. Already 10 turnovers and the Mavs players are all indecisive and act like they are lost. Come on Mavs! Get it together.........

OKC has as many TO's..they are shooting lights out

eagles_victory
05-23-2011, 09:41 PM
Mavs playing with house money IMO, they at least have the split...now they have a chance to bury OKC Disagree when a team has already beaten you at home a game that could make it 2-2 is anything but if we win thats great but if we lose that is ok also game.

OKC has as many TO's..they are shooting lights out What is killing Dallas is live ball turnovers.

Farmersfan
05-23-2011, 09:49 PM
OKC has as many TO's..they are shooting lights out

50% shooting to 55% shooting. Mistakes and a lack of hustle is what is getting Dallas beat.

orange machine
05-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Mavs are just getting out played. Nobody is helping Dirk on the offense side.

orange machine
05-23-2011, 10:29 PM
This game is making me sick. I remember why I don't watch much NBA it's a bunch of drama queens making to much money. Alot of these players need to go to Hollywood and try out for the young and the restless because this is one big soap opera.

Farmersfan
05-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Mavs are just getting out played. Nobody is helping Dirk on the offense side.

And nobody is helping anyone out on the defensive end. Pathetic effort for the entire team and yet they are within reach of winning this thing. Of course they haven't made a quality shot or a quality decision in this entire games so I don't expect to see much for the rest of the game................ The sad part about this is now I'm pissed and won't get to sleep until after midnight.

Phil C
05-23-2011, 10:37 PM
I think Dallas is too far behind but they have fought back. Too little and too late but if it is fairly close that cuts off the psychological advantage the Thunder would have had coming back to Dallas.

Phil C
05-23-2011, 10:42 PM
Great comeback by Dallas even though I think it is too little and too late. Still it hurts the psychological advantage the Thunder would have had.

Farmersfan
05-23-2011, 10:46 PM
commentators are acting like that was a bad call on Collison. He fouled Dirk at least 3 times on that possession. Damn

Phil C
05-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Unbelievable! It is tied with just under 6 seconds left. I think the Thunder will get the last points to win but what a great comeback by Dallas!

Farmersfan
05-23-2011, 10:50 PM
After playing this poorly this whole game the Mavs get it to overtime. Wow. I am stunned right now.

Why is nobody talking?

Phil C
05-23-2011, 10:51 PM
This is unbelievable! Overtime! Dallas actually had a shot with .7 seconds left. Officials should have had at least 1.1 seconds left but it may not have made any difference. No matter what happens Dallas has shown some character tonight.

orange machine
05-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Wow

Phil C
05-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Amazing! I still think Thunder will win but a great comeback by the Mavs.

BEAST
05-23-2011, 11:04 PM
Any more questions about Dirk?

BEAST

Farmersfan
05-23-2011, 11:06 PM
Wow! Wow! Wow!

BEAST
05-23-2011, 11:06 PM
That'll do it. Mavs win.

BEAST

Phil C
05-23-2011, 11:07 PM
Man those of us who have stuck with it have seen something incredible tonight.

Farmersfan
05-23-2011, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Any more questions about Dirk?

BEAST

The last 6 minutes were amazing.

Old Tiger
05-23-2011, 11:08 PM
Westbrook sucks late in games. He cost them a lot of games this postseason

Roughneck93
05-23-2011, 11:09 PM
Stunning! WOW!!

Farmersfan
05-23-2011, 11:10 PM
If Westbrook and Perkins weren't such asses I would feel sorry for such a great young team.

coach
05-23-2011, 11:10 PM
durant disappeared in the 4th qrt. tonight.

FB-fanatic
05-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Kidd missed an open Dirk a few times again, but wow!

FB-fanatic
05-23-2011, 11:14 PM
Love it whan the Mavericks and Rangers win in the same night!

Old Tiger
05-23-2011, 11:16 PM
Easy to disappear when Westbrook is main ball handler late and throwing up bricks

Phil C
05-23-2011, 11:21 PM
Unbelievable! This puts the Mavs up 3 - 1 with needing just one more win to cinch the series and they have home with 2 of the 3 games left if it goes farther. Well Done Mavs but still need one more game.

eagles_victory
05-23-2011, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Easy to disappear when Westbrook is main ball handler late and throwing up bricks Durant came up small all on his own you can't put that all on Westbrook.

orange machine
05-23-2011, 11:35 PM
You could tell who had the veterans tonight in the end. OKC looked shell shocked and lost at the end. I still think the NBA is a soap opera but you got to hand it to Dirk, J Kidd and the matrix towards the end of the game they came up huge.

coach
05-23-2011, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by FB-fanatic
Love it whan the Mavericks and Rangers win in the same night!

this might have been the 2nd time its happened

FB-fanatic
05-23-2011, 11:38 PM
And I've loved it both times. Hamitlon, Cruz, Dirk, Kidd all with home runs.

eagles_victory
05-24-2011, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
You could tell who had the veterans tonight in the end. OKC looked shell shocked and lost at the end. I still think the NBA is a soap opera but you got to hand it to Dirk, J Kidd and the matrix towards the end of the game they came up huge. People complain in every professional sport.

eagles_victory
05-24-2011, 12:32 AM
commentators are acting like that was a bad call on Collison. He fouled Dirk at least 3 times on that possession. Damn Only thing is Kidd did the same exact thing to Kobe in game 1 of the Lakers series and it wasn't called. IMO both are fouls but incosistent officiating.

orange machine
05-24-2011, 01:48 AM
People complain in every professional sport.
I'm not talking about the complaining I'm talking about all the flopping and falling all over the place it gotten ridiculous. The NBA should fine players for flopping or make it a technical it's so out of hand.

Farmersfan
05-24-2011, 06:13 AM
Only thing is Kidd did the same exact thing to Kobe in game 1 of the Lakers series and it wasn't called. IMO both are fouls but incosistent officiating.

wasn't referring to the foul EV. I was talking about how the announcers were acting about it. Van Gundy is a total moron in my opinion.

forum_guy
05-24-2011, 07:17 AM
Russell WestBrick is the 2nd best player for the Mavs

Farmersfan
05-24-2011, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by forum_guy

What I find gratifying is watching his expression as his team is losing the game after watching him showboat and talk smack for 3 quarters. He defintely has some arrogance and A**H*** in his personality.

3afan
05-24-2011, 08:02 AM
go MAVS!

Farmersfan
05-24-2011, 08:14 AM

The whole Thunder team kind of "Bricked" it in the last 4 minutes and overtime. Credit the Mavs for some upbeat defense and effort but the Thunder had multiply chances to put it away and failed.

Bullaholic
05-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Holy smoke! Everybody loves it when their team wins, but I'm going "all in" and say that this is the greatest win in Mavs history, and that big German guy who sinks one-legged jumpers don't "meow" one bit...Great, great win Mavs!

icu812
05-24-2011, 10:27 AM
The Mavs used to be the team who consistantly lost big leads late even though they were the more talanted team. Not anymore. They used to be called "soft" because they consistanly took shots like the one Big Wood put on KD. Not anymore.

The way Dirk played late in the 4th after KD hit that 3 to put OKC up 15 truely was legendary. J.Kidd is a freak of nature.

Did anyone see KD put on his make believe, imaginary championship belt as he jumped around after making his 3 pointer? :wave:

Bullaholic
05-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Got to come back and give Jason Kidd a lot of credit, also. This 38yo "has been" has come through in the playoffs bigtime, time after time with steals, timely passes, hitting big FG's at critical times. and being the "coach" on the floor.

Bull's-eye
05-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Great win by the Mavs, but OKC really choked down the stretch. Scottie Brooks has to be the worse coach in the NBA. The Thunder failed miserably to put this game away. How do you go that long without calling a decent offensive play? What a terrible shot selection by Durant, he still had 3 more seconds to find a better shot. Credit the Mavs for pulling this game out & put a fork in OKC.....THEY ARE DONE!

Gsquared
05-24-2011, 11:12 AM
http://hosted.ap.org/photos/A/a5a39f51-40ad-496f-91a5-63cd0dfdbb2b-big.jpg

Bull's-eye
05-24-2011, 11:15 AM
The whole Thunder team kind of "Bricked" it in the last 4 minutes and overtime. Credit the Mavs for some upbeat defense and effort but the Thunder had multiply chances to put it away and failed.

:iagree: ....and Dirk was unstoppable.

Txbroadcaster
05-24-2011, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
:iagree: ....and Dirk was unstoppable.

Dirk proved once again he is one of the best play off players in the history of the NBA..of course if they dont win a title some will try to say Dirk is too soft

icu812
05-24-2011, 12:53 PM
"What sort of a world are we living in when Dallas is on a 9-1 playoff run, when 15-point deficits with five minutes left mean nothing, when 38-year-old men are out-athleting 22-year-old men, when the City of Portland is ordered to shut up, when Loud City goes Quiet, when the Lakers are swept and Phil Jackson cannot only not handle the Mavs, he can't even handle radio yuck monkeys, when Mavs fans are actually feeling sorry for an opponent and his nerd-cool backpack, and when Dan Crawford has a 2-0 record when doing Dallas games?

It's anarchy, I tell you. Anarchy. "

From Fisher over at dallasbasketball.com.

:D

Farmersfan
05-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Dirk proved once again he is one of the best play off players in the history of the NBA..of course if they dont win a title some will try to say Dirk is too soft

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Your logic ties me up and rapes me! Do Do Do, Da Da Da........

eagles_victory
05-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Holy smoke! Everybody loves it when their team wins, but I'm going "all in" and say that this is the greatest win in Mavs history, and that big German guy who sinks one-legged jumpers don't "meow" one bit...Great, great win Mavs! IMO this is only the third biggest win of this years playoffs. Game 5 vs Portland the series is 2-2 and the Mavs just collapsed and everyone is saying it is the same ole' Mavs and they come out and win game 5.

The win over the Lakers flipped that whole series and changed everything in game 1. If Kobe hits that shot after that 16 point comeback and the Lake Show win that series is totally different and probably goes 7 games (Phil never lost a series when winning game 1).

To me, regardless of if Dallas won last night they were going to win this series I've said it all along Dallas is just better than OKC it is clear as day to me. OKC is young so everyone says in the future they are going to be so good and win championships... I don't see it they may get 1 maybe 2 but will never be a dynasty like some predict. I hope I don't have tohear analyist say again Durant is unguardable because he has been guarded well in several games the last 2 series.

Farmersfan
05-24-2011, 03:06 PM
IMO this is only the third biggest win of this years playoffs. Game 5 vs Portland the series is 2-2 and the Mavs just collapsed and everyone is saying it is the same ole' Mavs and they come out and win game 5.

The win over the Lakers flipped that whole series and changed everything in game 1. If Kobe hits that shot after that 16 point comeback and the Lake Show win that series is totally different and probably goes 7 games (Phil never lost a series when winning game 1).

To me, regardless of if Dallas won last night they were going to win this series I've said it all along Dallas is just better than OKC it is clear as day to me. OKC is young so everyone says in the future they are going to be so good and win championships... I don't see it they may get 1 maybe 2 but will never be a dynasty like some predict. I hope I don't have tohear analyist say again Durant is unguardable because he has been guarded well in several games the last 2 series.

I agree! In order for it to be the biggest win in history doesn't it need to be against a more accomplished opponent. People can say anything they want to say but the truth of the matter is that the Mavs should have swept these Thunder youngsters if they are Championship material. It's kind of like the Mavs have played with their food at times and it has biten them once and almost did again last night. Put these upstarts away and let's be done with this!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Bullaholic
05-24-2011, 03:45 PM
IMO this is only the third biggest win of this years playoffs. Game 5 vs Portland the series is 2-2 and the Mavs just collapsed and everyone is saying it is the same ole' Mavs and they come out and win game 5.

You can slice and dice the Mavs any way you want EV, but the plain truth is they are 11-3 in the playoffs against some of the best teams in the NBA, including a sweep of the vaunted Lakers, and are poised to play for an NBA Championship. The Mavs are currently playing as well or better than any team in the NBA right now.

eagles_victory
05-24-2011, 04:19 PM
You can slice and dice the Mavs any way you want EV, but the plain truth is they are 11-3 in the playoffs against some of the best teams in the NBA, including a sweep of the vaunted Lakers, and are poised to play for an NBA Championship. The Mavs are currently playing as well or better than any team in the NBA right now. How am I slice and diceing anything just saying last night wasn't the biggest win in the playoffs? Not following what you're saying

Bullaholic
05-24-2011, 04:28 PM
How am I slice and diceing anything just saying last night wasn't the biggest win in the playoffs? Not following what you're saying

Oh, o.k--read you wrong--if so---sorry.

IMO, last night's win was the biggest win in Mavs history. Of course, it will be hard to argue opinions, ev....:D

Txbroadcaster
05-24-2011, 04:38 PM
:doh: :doh: :doh:

Your logic ties me up and rapes me! Do Do Do, Da Da Da........

huh?

eagles_victory
05-24-2011, 05:11 PM
Oh, o.k--read you wrong--if so---sorry.

IMO, last night's win was the biggest win in Mavs history. Of course, it will be hard to argue opinions, ev....:D I just don't see how you say that, the way you win a game doesn't make it a bigger win if they win the game by 15 it isn't even a thought that this is the biggest win in Mavs history. I mean seriously bigger than 06' game 7 vs the Spurs really? As Skip Bayless would say prisoner of the moment.

Emerson1
05-24-2011, 05:33 PM
I'd say the game 7 win over the Spurs in '06 or the game to win the WCF against the Suns for their first trip to the finals.

Bullaholic
05-24-2011, 05:50 PM
I'd say the game 7 win over the Spurs in '06 or the game to win the WCF against the Suns for their first trip to the finals.

You know--after thinking about it for a few more minutes, you guys are probably more technically correct, but I would still consider last night's win to be my personal fav of all Mavs wins to date, and if they win an NBA title---I think this game may go down as the most pivotal in Mavs history with a lot of folks. Who knows---I may even get "caught in the moment" again somewhere along the way in this run----imagine that--an over-excited fan. :D

Txbroadcaster
05-24-2011, 06:19 PM
You know--after thinking about it for a few more minutes, you guys are probably more technically correct, but I would still consider last night's win to be my personal fav of all Mavs wins to date, and if they win an NBA title---I think this game may go down as the most pivotal in Mavs history with a lot of folks. Who knows---I may even get "caught in the moment" again somewhere along the way in this run----imagine that--an over-excited fan. :D

nice to see one compared to FF's always finding SEEMING to find the negative

Phil C
05-24-2011, 07:07 PM
BE POLITICALLY CORRECT!!

:mad:

BEAST
05-24-2011, 09:33 PM
How do you guys think the Mavs match up with the Heat/Bulls?

BEAST

Txbroadcaster
05-24-2011, 09:34 PM
How do you guys think the Mavs match up with the Heat/Bulls?

BEAST

I think they match up well with both because of their bench..I think they match up better with Heat than they do the Bulls

BEAST
05-24-2011, 10:18 PM
I think they match up well with both because of their bench..I think they match up better with Heat than they do the Bulls

I think it's the opposite. Either way, we need the Bulls to win and make this a long series. Let our geritol guys rest. Assuming we close it out tomorrow.

BEAST

Txbroadcaster
05-24-2011, 10:35 PM
I think it's the opposite. Either way, we need the Bulls to win and make this a long series. Let our geritol guys rest. Assuming we close it out tomorrow.

BEAST

yea it is real close as far as which..I think they match up better with Heat because past the big 3 they dont have alot..not a good rebounding team..Bulls have Rose who will be a tough one to contain and they have a strong inside game

Phil C
05-24-2011, 10:38 PM
Miami takes a big 3-1 lead and that series is over. Mavs need the Bulls to win the next one to make it longer but Miami will win it.
The Mavs really need to win tomorrow night. The Mavs (nor Thunder if they come back) will not have a chance against a well rested Miami team.

eagles_victory
05-24-2011, 10:51 PM
yea it is real close as far as which..I think they match up better with Heat because past the big 3 they dont have alot..not a good rebounding team..Bulls have Rose who will be a tough one to contain and they have a strong inside game Misconception by someone who hasn't watched many Heat games this year.

Txbroadcaster
05-24-2011, 11:24 PM
Misconception by someone who hasn't watched many Heat games this year.

I actually have watched a bunch of heat games

but lets look at stats in the play offs

after the big three for the heat the next PPG is at 6.5

as far as rebounds..after the big three the next best rebounder is at 5.3 a game

Dallas has in the play offs 4 guys over 10 ppg another at 9.2, another at 8.6 another at 7.1

Rebounds..Mavs are at 9.4..7.4..6.2..4.5( and that is with a team that does not rebound real well)

so please explain the misconception?

The Heat have a stud 3 no doubt but after that they struggle

eagles_victory
05-25-2011, 12:03 AM
I actually have watched a bunch of heat games

but lets look at stats in the play offs

after the big three for the heat the next PPG is at 6.5

as far as rebounds..after the big three the next best rebounder is at 5.3 a game

Dallas has in the play offs 4 guys over 10 ppg another at 9.2, another at 8.6 another at 7.1

Rebounds..Mavs are at 9.4..7.4..6.2..4.5( and that is with a team that does not rebound real well)

so please explain the misconception?

The Heat have a stud 3 no doubt but after that they struggle They don't get the opportunity the Mavericks players get and don't have to score as much. The reason the numbers aren't there is because different players step up and huge games on different nights. For example, James Jones in game 1 vs Boston or Udonis Haslem in game 2 vs Chicago or Mike Miller tonight. Miami has plenty of guys other than the big 3 who can step up when needed. Give me Mike Miller over Peja anyday.When the Heat put the 5 of Wade, Bron, Bosh, Miller, and Haslem to close games that is a very solid 5 with all 5 guys capable of making shots and defending. Also, you have Chalmers and Anthony who feel their roles very well backing those guys up.

Txbroadcaster
05-25-2011, 12:20 AM
They don't get the opportunity the Mavericks players get and don't have to score as much. The reason the numbers aren't there is because different players step up and huge games on different nights. For example, James Jones in game 1 vs Boston or Udonis Haslem in game 2 vs Chicago or Mike Miller tonight. Miami has plenty of guys other than the big 3 who can step up when needed. Give me Mike Miller over Peja anyday.When the Heat put the 5 of Wade, Bron, Bosh, Miller, and Haslem to close games that is a very solid 5 with all 5 guys capable of making shots and defending. Also, you have Chalmers and Anthony who feel their roles very well backing those guys up.

ur right Jones had 25 points in that game..of course since then he has had 0,6,2,3,4,0,0

Haslem is a factor and I like him as a player

Miller had 12 points tonight..of course before that he had scored all of 7 points in the play offs while Peja has at least scored in every play off game including games of 21, 21, and 15..all better than Miller's one "solid night"

With Dallas u have Dirk, Jet, Marion Kidd, Peja, and JJ all close to 10 ppg or more sorry but Dallas has more depth..it will all depend on the superstar team with ok teammates vs a team with one superstar and a bunch of really good players

eagles_victory
05-25-2011, 12:48 AM
ur right Jones had 25 points in that game..of course since then he has had 0,6,2,3,4,0,0

Haslem is a factor and I like him as a player

Miller had 12 points tonight..of course before that he had scored all of 7 points in the play offs while Peja has at least scored in every play off game including games of 21, 21, and 15..all better than Miller's one "solid night"

With Dallas u have Dirk, Jet, Marion Kidd, Peja, and JJ all close to 10 ppg or more sorry but Dallas has more depth..it will all depend on the superstar team with ok teammates vs a team with one superstar and a bunch of really good players Your just proving my point I said different guys step up differnt games so you saying that Jones hasn't done anything else is what I was saying. I don't care about numbers Peja is so one dimensional its painful and as you know in the NBA every series is different and Mike Miller is a much more complete player just doesn't get the opportunites Peja gets at shots. The wide open shots won't be there against the Heat defense.

I never said Miami had more depth.

Txbroadcaster
05-25-2011, 01:15 AM
Your just proving my point I said different guys step up differnt games so you saying that Jones hasn't done anything else is what I was saying. I don't care about numbers Peja is so one dimensional its painful and as you know in the NBA every series is different and Mike Miller is a much more complete player just doesn't get the opportunites Peja gets at shots. The wide open shots won't be there against the Heat defense.

I never said Miami had more depth.

and ur making my point..Dallas spreads it out more. They have ONE superstar and a bunch of good players..the HEat have 3 superstars but a bunch of below average players..I will take a team that can go 8 deep over a team that can go 4 deep all day

eagles_victory
05-25-2011, 02:40 AM
and ur making my point..Dallas spreads it out more. They have ONE superstar and a bunch of good players..the HEat have 3 superstars but a bunch of below average players..I will take a team that can go 8 deep over a team that can go 4 deep all day Miami has a solid 8 man rotation you act like it is Lebron, Wade, Bosh and Steve and Joe from the rec league at point guard and center. My point is that is not the case Mike Miller, Haslem, and Chalmers have the ability to be solid contributors and spread the floor. The Mavericks have better depth but you act like Miami has none at all.

Txbroadcaster
05-25-2011, 07:15 AM
Miami has a solid 8 man rotation you act like it is Lebron, Wade, Bosh and Steve and Joe from the rec league at point guard and center. My point is that is not the case Mike Miller, Haslem, and Chalmers have the ability to be solid contributors and spread the floor. The Mavericks have better depth but you act like Miami has none at all.

dude Joe from the Rec has a nice shot!!! lol

I just dont see the solid 8 man rotation u do. Chalmers is averaging 6 points 1 assist and 1.6 rebounds a game in the play offs. ..Miller is averaging all of 8 mins a game...Haslem is solid, but again only getting 17 mins a game so far after coming back.

The Heat are a team the will rely on the Big 2 plus 1 and hope 3 other guys from night to night will step up with solid games...and it might just work because the big 2 plus 1 is so good

Farmersfan
05-25-2011, 07:43 AM
As good as the Mavs played against the Trailblazers and Lakers they have dropped off some against the Thunder. They better find that other gear or the Heat will sweep them. And I hate to say that because I was hoping Labron would NEVER get his ring. For the sake of keeping a level playing field for all teams I think the league should step in and force players to go to the team with the highest bid. That is the reason the players wanted free agency. If a player is willing to take less money then they should be forced to STAY where he is at. The whole idea that Labron, Wade and Bosh could decide amoung themselves that they will take less money to get under the cap and play together in Miami just to get a ring might just start a trend that will ruin the NBA. In future years we will have a handful of teams with 3 or 4 superstarts competing with 25 other teams that can't sign a superstar......... (kind of like the Yankees competing with the rest of baseball).

Farmersfan
05-25-2011, 07:48 AM
huh?

It was a referrence to a Sting song. I simply meant that a few good games (more like a few good quarters mixed in with some bad ones) does not erase a 13 year career of often disappearing in the playoffs. To Dirk's credit even in his bad games he has managed to have some really good spurts at times this season which he never did in the past. Wilbon and Kornhieser on Pardon the Interruption had this same discussion yesterday and both said Dirk has improved his stock greatly this season but he would not be higher than #30 at his position in the history of the playoffs. I think I agree with that.

Txbroadcaster
05-25-2011, 07:49 AM
As good as the Mavs played against the Trailblazers and Lakers they have dropped off some against the Thunder.

How have they dropped some agianst the Thunder?

Txbroadcaster
05-25-2011, 07:53 AM
It was a referrence to a Sting song. I simply meant that a few good games (more like a few good quarters mixed in with some bad ones) does not erase a 13 year career of often disappearing in the playoffs. To Dirk's credit even in his bad games he has managed to have some really good spurts at times this season which he never did in the past. Wilbon and Kornhieser on Pardon the Interruption had this same discussion yesterday and both said Dirk has improved his stock greatly this season but he would not be higher than #30 at his position in the history of the playoffs. I think I agree with that.

So Dirk's 25.9 PPG 10.4 Rebounds a game in the play offs is no higher than 30th?

Txbroadcaster
05-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Dirk has improved his stock greatly this season but he would not be higher than #30 at his position in the history of the playoffs. I think I agree with that.

They did not say 30th at his position..they said top 30 of all time no matter the position..and they also contradicted them self when they said he is not higher because he has not won a ring, but then listed Barkley and Malone( and they even admitted that was a contradiction)

Farmersfan
05-25-2011, 08:44 AM
How have they dropped some agianst the Thunder?

How do you rate the OKC team as far as the level of talent and play compared to the other two teams the Mavs handled pretty easily? I place the Thunder 3rd behind the Lakers and the Blazers. I think that even though they say the right things in front of the cameras this team felt they played for their Western Conference title in the last series. And their play at times shows it. If not for a great meltdown by the Thunder in game #4 this team is playing tonight in a tied series with a team that has essentually only 2 players to fear. The Heat are playing at a entirely different level than the Thunder right now and the Mavs are a couple of stupid fouls away from being tied up with the Thunder. Like I said: They need to find the higher gear tonight and stay in it!

Txbroadcaster
05-25-2011, 08:52 AM
How do you rate the OKC team as far as the level of talent and play compared to the other two teams the Mavs handled pretty easily? I place the Thunder 3rd behind the Lakers and the Blazers. I think that even though they say the right things in front of the cameras this team felt they played for their Western Conference title in the last series. And their play at times shows it. If not for a great meltdown by the Thunder in game #4 this team is playing tonight in a tied series with a team that has essentually only 2 players to fear. The Heat are playing at a entirely different level than the Thunder right now and the Mavs are a couple of stupid fouls away from being tied up with the Thunder. Like I said: They need to find the higher gear tonight and stay in it!

OKC won the division over Portland..won 7 more games than Portland..beat them 3-1 in 4 games so OKC was better than Portland

Dallas is 11-3 in the play offs..they are 9-1 in last 10, so I think it is safe to say Dallas is playing better now than in the Portland series

u say OKC metldown or they win..same can be applied to Dallas agianst Portland, without a meltdown Dallas wins that series 4-1 with no problems

Farmersfan
05-25-2011, 08:52 AM
They did not say 30th at his position..they said top 30 of all time no matter the position..and they also contradicted them self when they said he is not higher because he has not won a ring, but then listed Barkley and Malone( and they even admitted that was a contradiction)

That makes more sense. Take a look at these Dirk stats. Scroll down to get to his playoff rankings in all these categories. The amazing thing to me is how high he ranks on his percentages considering how many playoff games he has played.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/dirk_nowitzki/career_stats.html

Txbroadcaster
05-25-2011, 08:59 AM
That makes more sense. Take a look at these Dirk stats. Scroll down to get to his playoff rankings in all these categories. The amazing thing to me is how high he ranks on his percentages considering how many playoff games he has played.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/dirk_nowitzki/career_stats.html

those stats are just for THIS play off season

waterboy
05-25-2011, 11:10 AM
I was really surprised at the OKC collapse in the last 4:48 of Game 4. Their players looked like they were shell-shocked at the comeback by the Mavs. They never recovered from that shock. The biggest difference I saw in this game was experience vs. inexperience. That's really the best explanation as to the Thunder meltdown. Count me as one of those that had very little confidence that the Mavs would come back. I was still going to watch the game until it was definitely decided, but I had basically set my mind on a tied series. It was definitely AWESOME to see Dirk make all those crazy shots even while getting hacked (though not getting the fouls called:( ). He played through it and got the job done.:clap:

Let's close the series tonight, Mavs!

FIVE WINS AWAY FROM THE RING!!!

eagles_victory
05-25-2011, 03:18 PM
As good as the Mavs played against the Trailblazers and Lakers they have dropped off some against the Thunder. They better find that other gear or the Heat will sweep them. And I hate to say that because I was hoping Labron would NEVER get his ring. For the sake of keeping a level playing field for all teams I think the league should step in and force players to go to the team with the highest bid. That is the reason the players wanted free agency. If a player is willing to take less money then they should be forced to STAY where he is at. The whole idea that Labron, Wade and Bosh could decide amoung themselves that they will take less money to get under the cap and play together in Miami just to get a ring might just start a trend that will ruin the NBA. In future years we will have a handful of teams with 3 or 4 superstarts competing with 25 other teams that can't sign a superstar......... (kind of like the Yankees competing with the rest of baseball). Hate when people say this. Did it ruin the league in the 80's when the Celtics had Parrish, Kevin Mchale, Larry Bird, amongst others or when the Lakers had Kareem, Magic, Big Game James, with much better role players than Miami has. People say the 80's where the prime of the NBA and that is when the league had "superstar" teams, but now they say it is going to ruin it. Another example Philly having Dr. J and Moses Malone.

Farmersfan
05-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Hate when people say this. Did it ruin the league in the 80's when the Celtics had Parrish, Kevin Mchale, Larry Bird, amongst others or when the Lakers had Kareem, Magic, Big Game James, with much better role players than Miami has. People say the 80's where the prime of the NBA and that is when the league had "superstar" teams, but now they say it is going to ruin it. Another example Philly having Dr. J and Moses Malone.

Hardly the same thing EV. And it all stems from the fact that these players are way, way, way overpaid. Labron has already banked enough money so that his grandchildren won't need a job so what does it matter to him if he gets paid less in Miami? I don't have a problem if 3 superstars want to play in Miami but the league should make sure Miami is the highest bidder for each. That is the nature of this game. All teams strive to obtain a franchise player and rarely are able to come up with the money to do so. For Miami to get 3 and not have to come up the money does not equate to a level playing feild for all teams. And since the NBA is a monopoly then they certainly have the right to insure a level playing field for all teams. That's my opinion.

eagles_victory
05-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Hardly the same thing EV. And it all stems from the fact that these players are way, way, way overpaid. Labron has already banked enough money so that his grandchildren won't need a job so what does it matter to him if he gets paid less in Miami? I don't have a problem if 3 superstars want to play in Miami but the league should make sure Miami is the highest bidder for each. That is the nature of this game. All teams strive to obtain a franchise player and rarely are able to come up with the money to do so. For Miami to get 3 and not have to come up the money does not equate to a level playing feild for all teams. And since the NBA is a monopoly then they certainly have the right to insure a level playing field for all teams. That's my opinion. Players should have to take the most money that is offered to them? Is that what your saying?

jdawg2012
05-25-2011, 07:19 PM
All this talk about the game... Everyone needs to relax... And who saw the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 trailer?!?! :D :D

Farmersfan
05-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Another night of lousy refs. These guys are horrible!

forum_guy
05-25-2011, 10:03 PM
and ur making my point..Dallas spreads it out more. They have ONE superstar and a bunch of good players..the HEat have 3 superstars but a bunch of below average players..I will take a team that can go 8 deep over a team that can go 4 deep all day

The Heat have been doing this against the top defensive team if not one of the of the top defensive teams. They will have absolutely no problem scoring against the Mavs.

forum_guy
05-25-2011, 10:04 PM
Not a Heat fan at all just think they will have no problem scoring and have the better defense.

eagles_victory
05-25-2011, 10:07 PM
The Heat have been doing this against the top defensive team if not one of the of the top defensive teams. They will have absolutely no problem scoring against the Mavs. Boston and Chicago are the top 2 defensive teams in the league statistically in the regular season. good point.

Phil C
05-25-2011, 10:10 PM
About ten minutes left and Thunder leads 80 to 74. Mavs better get after it. Even if they win the series they can't beat a well rested Miami team.

Farmersfan
05-25-2011, 10:15 PM
These Mavs are the most maddening players in the league. How do they not get pumped for a close out game in the Conference title game?

FB-fanatic
05-25-2011, 10:47 PM
These Mavs are the most maddening players in the league. How do they not get pumped for a close out game in the Conference title game?

Huh? Mavericks!

Txbroadcaster
05-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Not a Heat fan at all just think they will have no problem scoring and have the better defense.

Dallas is all of four points behind the Heat in defensive PPG in the play offs and that is going agianst a team in OKC that is leading the play offs in PPG..and they held OKC to under 100 twice

the Heat are going up agianst the Bulls who have only scored 100 twice so far in the play offs

I agree the Heat have a darn good D..but so does the Mavs.

eagles_victory
05-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Dallas is all of four points behind the Heat in defensive PPG in the play offs and that is going agianst a team in OKC that is leading the play offs in PPG..and they held OKC to under 100 twice

the Heat are going up agianst the Bulls who have only scored 100 twice so far in the play offs

I agree the Heat have a darn good D..but so does the Mavs. Miami is a better defensive team. Two elite defenders with Lebron and D Wade. But you are right Dallas plays much much better defense than they are given credit for.

Txbroadcaster
05-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Miami is a better defensive team. Two elite defenders with Lebron and D Wade. But you are right Dallas plays much much better defense than they are given credit for.

if it is the Heat and Mavs I think it goes 7..it will be a dogfight

eagles_victory
05-25-2011, 11:35 PM
if it is the Heat and Mavs I think it goes 7..it will be a dogfight Has the potential to be epic rather you like either team or not both are great teams.

forum_guy
05-26-2011, 12:15 PM
if it is the Heat and Mavs I think it goes 7..it will be a dogfight

At the same time though i could see heat in 5. They are the better defensive team and they have dissected the number 1 defensive team. They will have no problems scoring against Dallas.

Txbroadcaster
05-26-2011, 12:22 PM
At the same time though i could see heat in 5. They are the better defensive team and they have dissected the number 1 defensive team. They will have no problems scoring against Dallas.

I think they will have a problem..just like I think the Mavs will not score at will agianst the Heat..if it is those two in the finals I think we are seeing a bunch of 94-91 type of games and maybe even one or two where the winner scores in the high 80's

I also would not say the Heat have dissected the Bulls D

they have scored 82,85,96 and 101( 85 in regulation)

eagles_victory
05-26-2011, 12:42 PM
I think they will have a problem..just like I think the Mavs will not score at will agianst the Heat..if it is those two in the finals I think we are seeing a bunch of 94-91 type of games and maybe even one or two where the winner scores in the high 80's

I also would not say the Heat have dissected the Bulls D

they have scored 82,85,96 and 101( 85 in regulation) I don't think the Mavs are on the level as Chicago is when it comes to defense. Tibbs is one of the greatest defensive minds in NBA history and Noah Deng and Gibson are top 15 defensive players in the league.Some even called this Bulls defense the greatest they have ever seen in the NBA. (I don't agree just saying)

waterboy
05-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Personally, I think the Mavs will do just fine against either team. I don't look for any "easy" games for anybody from here on out. It'll be a war every game. It'll boil down to who wants it more, and who executes the best offensively and defensively. It may be coach-speak, but it is the truth. I like the Mavs chances either way. The Mavs are NOT done!

FOUR MORE WINS AWAY FROM THE RING!!!

Txbroadcaster
05-26-2011, 12:51 PM
I don't think the Mavs are on the level as Chicago is when it comes to defense. Tibbs is one of the greatest defensive minds in NBA history and Noah Deng and Gibson are top 15 defensive players in the league.Some even called this Bulls defense the greatest they have ever seen in the NBA. (I don't agree just saying)

oh I agree 100% I am not saying Dallas is on par with the Bulls..I was just saying I would not say the Heat have dissected the Bulls D so far in the series.

the Heat in play offs have a better D by 4 points a game 88-92

Dallas a better O so far 99-94

IMO means we are going to see the middle of that 94-91 type games

eagles_victory
05-26-2011, 12:59 PM
oh I agree 100% I am not saying Dallas is on par with the Bulls..I was just saying I would not say the Heat have dissected the Bulls D so far in the series.

the Heat in play offs have a better D by 4 points a game 88-92

Dallas a better O so far 99-94

IMO means we are going to see the middle of that 94-91 type games Last night they were talking about putting Kidd on Lebron. You think they should?

Txbroadcaster
05-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Last night they were talking about putting Kidd on Lebron. You think they should?

I think they should do what did with OKC..use Kidd late on JAmes..he cant do it all game, but in the 4th Q yes I think they should..Kidd is not easy to post up and is still so quick he causes problems.

eagles_victory
05-26-2011, 01:04 PM
I think they should do what did with OKC..use Kidd late on JAmes..he cant do it all game, but in the 4th Q yes I think they should..Kidd is not easy to post up and is still so quick he causes problems. I think they will use him that way I hope Lebron guards Dirk in the 4th quarter esp if Bosh and Haslem struggle.

Txbroadcaster
05-26-2011, 01:07 PM
I think they will use him that way I hope Lebron guards Dirk in the 4th quarter esp if Bosh and Haslem struggle.

The person that guards Dirk HAS to deny him the pass to be succesful..that is what Collision did for OKC and that is what GS did so well with Stephen Jackson back in 07..deny him the ball make him catch passes in bad spots.

eagles_victory
05-26-2011, 07:08 PM
The person that guards Dirk HAS to deny him the pass to be succesful..that is what Collision did for OKC and that is what GS did so well with Stephen Jackson back in 07..deny him the ball make him catch passes in bad spots. The officials have to allow you to do that is the only thing. I think that is part of the reason he shot so many free throws in game 1.