PDA

View Full Version : Lufkin Golf Outing

RoyceTTU
05-23-2011, 08:22 AM
https://www.memberstatements.com/tour/tours.cfm?tourid=1629

I'm headed to Lufkin this afternoon for a board meeting a couple of rounds of Golf over the next couple of days. Temple-Inland is paying for us to stay at the Villas and play at Crown Colony.

Any words of advise for the coarse. I've never played there.

Do they have beer carts or BYOB?

jason
05-23-2011, 08:44 AM
doubt it's byob, that's how courses make a lot of their money, be ready to pay $3+ for a beer...

hope you're a player, its a tough course from the big boy tee boxes....

RoyceTTU
05-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by jason
doubt it's byob, that's how courses make a lot of their money, be ready to pay $3+ for a beer...

hope you're a player, its a tough course from the big boy tee boxes....

I'm a mid 80's shooter. I've heard it's a lot of target golf and the trees are very unforgiving. Their website makes it tough to tell how tight it is. I'm pretty excited. I'm not worried about the cost of the drinks, I just hate walking up with a cooler to have someone say it isn't allowed or the other way around and take nothing and get nothing.

This will be our groups first non-tourn trip in quite a few weeks so it will be nice to relax and play.

Ernest T Bass
05-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Bring Black Magic with you. He knows his way around a golf course, I understand.

jason
05-23-2011, 08:55 AM
i played a guy/doll 2 day scramble this weekend and we got 2nd in the championship flight...

shot 64-64, that was good enough for 2nd place and the second 64 was a tie for first in the calcutta...

also got 3rd in a two-person scramble at lakeside in eastland last weekend...

been a good couple of weekend at the golf course, i am playing a 3 person scramble/shamble at feather bay in brownwood some time in june...

never played the course but have heard wonderful things about it, especially the greens...we're looking forward to it...

RoyceTTU
05-23-2011, 09:02 AM
i played a guy/doll 2 day scramble this weekend and we got 2nd in the championship flight...

shot 64-64, that was good enough for 2nd place and the second 64 was a tie for first in the calcutta...

been a good couple of weekend at the golf course, i am playing a 3 person scramble/shamble at feather bay in brownwood some time in june...

never played the course but have heard wonderful things about it, especially the greens...we're looking forward to it...

I'm playing at Featherbay June 25th at the Waldrop 3-man scramble. Is that the same one? Our team is not very good. We are sponsoring a hole because they are a big customer of ours. We will be happy to break par two days. I haven't played at Featherbay in 10 years or longer. I'm a memeber at Brownwood Country Club so I never have the need to head out there.

jason
05-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I'm playing at Featherbay June 25th at the Waldrop 3-man scramble. Is that the same one? Our team is not very good. We are sponsoring a hole because they are a big customer of ours. We will be happy to break par two days. I haven't played at Featherbay in 10 years or longer. I'm a memeber at Brownwood Country Club so I never have the need to head out there. that's the one we are playing...

we have a decent team but we've never played there - with our handicaps we should be in 2nd or 3rd flight...

RoyceTTU
05-23-2011, 09:08 AM
that's the one we are playing...

we have a decent team but we've never played there - with our handicaps we should be in 2nd or 3rd flight...

I didn't realize it was flighted? We might have a fighting chance then. We'll have to meet up.

We have two mid 80's and 1 mid 100's :eek: like 150 mid one hundred :eek:

jason
05-23-2011, 09:26 AM
I didn't realize it was flighted? We might have a fighting chance then. We'll have to meet up.

We have two mid 80's and 1 mid 100's :eek: like 150 mid one hundred :eek: it will be flighted - i know a team coming that has a combined handicap of about a 6 (it's not us though, we'll be hacking it up in the lower flights)...

RoyceTTU
05-25-2011, 12:05 AM
Okay, day 1, was an ass kicking. I honestly think I shot a 60 or worse on the front 9. The back I must of had 10 shiners trying to make the round fun. I caught every tree on the coarse. I'm sure I played the coarse like every newbie. Trying to play power fades and high draws with my driver. I got my butt handed to me today.

They pin arriated the greens last week so the greens are not near as fast as brownwood and are giving me trouble. Tomorrow I'll be playing 3 and 5 woods even on the par 5's. This coarse is the tightest I've played other than the Quarry in San Antonio. Other than that, good times for the boys coming out to East Texas. I just wish we were faster:D

eagles_victory
05-25-2011, 02:45 AM
Coach is a member at Crown he can probably tell you about it.

hollywood
05-25-2011, 01:14 PM

never played the course but have heard wonderful things about it, especially the greens...we're looking forward to it... Haven't played Feather Bay in a few years but have a friend who does on a regular basis and says it's great. It was nice a few years ago. Bentgrass greens. I'm pretty sure his group is playing in it, they all have very low handicaps so they'll be in the top flights.

Tin Cup
05-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Don't go play TPC San Antonio Oaks course. Now that course is a joke! Stupid hard

jason
05-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Tin Cup
Don't go play TPC San Antonio Oaks course. Now that course is a joke! Stupid hard i played with the asst superintendent of tpc san antonio last weekend - even he thinks its too hard...

RoyceTTU
05-26-2011, 08:08 AM
I stuggled yesterday as well but I'm putting more blame on lack of sleep and a really bad hangover. It is still a neat coarse with all the pine trees. The greens wern't great though. It looks like they did the "pin arriation" recently and they havn't came back completely.

All in All, fun trip and thanks to Temple-Inland. Good times indeed.

jason
05-26-2011, 08:14 AM
I stuggled yesterday as well but I'm putting more blame on lack of sleep and a really bad hangover. It is still a neat coarse with all the pine trees. The greens wern't great though. It looks like they did the "pin arriation" recently and they havn't came back completely.

All in All, fun trip and thanks to Temple-Inland. Good times indeed.

*course

sorry, it was misspelled too many times and driving me nuts...

RoyceTTU
05-26-2011, 09:25 AM
*course

LOL, i forget my "spell checker" at the house but lucky for you I remembered to bring my "social filter" :p

hollywood
05-26-2011, 09:45 AM
*course

LOL... OCD kicking in?