PDA

View Full Version : Ranchview New Hc

bolshavik
05-23-2011, 08:13 AM
Terry Smith from Newman Smith

Ernest T Bass
05-23-2011, 08:20 AM
Don't know if it's possible to be successful there, but if it is, Ol' Red'll get it done.
I swear that place was built on an indian burial ground or something.

Dr Death
05-23-2011, 10:18 AM
What all of CFB or just the Ranchview?

Ernest T Bass
05-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Dr Death
What all of CFB or just the Ranchview?

Just Ranchview. Something evil about that place.

bolshavik
05-23-2011, 10:43 AM
Was built in a swamp. If it sprinkles the school floods is what I heard.

Ernest T Bass
05-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by bolshavik
Was built in a swamp. If it sprinkles the school floods is what I heard.

Part of the curse. I was there for a powerlifting meet a few years ago. I swear you could feel the evil.
But Terry will do as good a job as possible at the Ranch.

DavidWooderson
05-23-2011, 11:05 AM
I think all of CFB.

Only thing that has really had a lot of success is baseball programs at Creekview and Smith......Smith made a pretty good run in FB a few years ago, but that was just about all they've done.

They have the same problem that Frisco and McKinney has, too many schools, they've spread out the kids so much that there isn't much to build a program around.

Ernest T Bass
05-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by DavidWooderson
I think all of CFB.

Only thing that has really had a lot of success is baseball programs at Creekview and Smith......Smith made a pretty good run in FB a few years ago, but that was just about all they've done.

They have the same problem that Frisco and McKinney has, too many schools, they've spread out the kids so much that there isn't much to build a program around.

No, that's not the problem in CFB. They've had this problem since there were only 2 schools.
Creekview has had a little football success in the past. Smith didn't have any until they dropped to 4a.

coachrpawpaw
05-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Where did Leblanc go!

bolshavik
05-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Resigned

DavidWooderson
05-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Agreed ETB, so now they're just spreading the lack of talent a little more.

coachrpawpaw
05-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Leblanc is a good coach! I hope he lands a good job somewhere!

bolshavik
05-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by coachrpawpaw
Leblanc is a good coach! I hope he lands a good job somewhere!

Eh...Eh..

tog
05-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Looking at the scores from last season, was Madison really that good? or......?

Ernest T Bass
05-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by tog
Looking at the scores from last season, was Madison really that good? or......?

A little of both.

coachrpawpaw
05-25-2011, 12:27 PM
eh.....eh.....! What does that mean?

bolshavik
05-25-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by coachrpawpaw
eh.....eh.....! What does that mean?

Are you serious? You can't figure out what that means?

Eh = Not so much

Dr Death
05-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Playoffs in Fb since the beginning.
RLTurner 65, 77, 2000, 2001
Creekview 2001
Newman Smith 1983, 2009, 2010

Basketball at NSHS was pretty good in the early 2000's
Baseball at NSHS was pretty good in 1990's

What is it about CFB?
Dilution of talent by having 4 schools for 9,000 kids.
lack of coaching? Some of the best have come through CFB....
Demographics? RLT is 70% hispanic immigrant
Creekview is 50% hispanic and asian/indian
Used to be in the toughest district in the state through the 70's, 80's and 90's.
Good luck Terry.

bolshavik
05-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Ranchview has talent. Maybe this coach can do something with it. I know every sport at Ranchview is pretty good except FB.

Dr Death
05-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Cause you don't need linemen in every other sport.
Farmview has innercity linemen.

coachrpawpaw
05-27-2011, 09:38 AM
It's a shame we trash talk a guy on a site like this! Tell the man to his face and not on the 3a downlow!

Ernest T Bass
05-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Met LeBlanc a few times. Seems like a nice guy. Ive heard good and bad things about him, but you can say that about almost any coach(except me, of course. Everytihng said about me is good).
That being said, Ranchview is basically an inner city school. Lots of good skill kids, but they're very transient. Mostly an section 8 apartment kids. John Chiles even started his career there, but like most of the kids, moved before his jr year. Few to no linemen walking the halls.
But, the principal wants to be an all-white, upper class suburbian IB school that focuses more on band and choir competitions than athletics.
I do know the new HC. If it's possible to build a program there, he'll get it done.

coachrpawpaw
05-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Well said Bass!

Matthew328
05-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Met LeBlanc a few times. Seems like a nice guy. Ive heard good and bad things about him, but you can say that about almost any coach(except me, of course. Everytihng said about me is good).
That being said, Ranchview is basically an inner city school. Lots of good skill kids, but they're very transient. Mostly an section 8 apartment kids. John Chiles even started his career there, but like most of the kids, moved before his jr year. Few to no linemen walking the halls.
But, the principal wants to be an all-white, upper class suburbian IB school that focuses more on band and choir competitions than athletics.
I do know the new HC. If it's possible to build a program there, he'll get it done.

Tell the principal good luck w/all that..

bolshavik
05-27-2011, 10:35 AM
They have had lineman. I saw them play this year and they had OLine guys. Bottom line is I just don't think the guy did a good job there. It wasn't the principals fault that they didnt do well. When your feeder school doesn't work hard and practices in shorts with volleyball knee pads as does your varsity you just aren't gonna be that tough. When you are a 3A school only playing 1 way with only 70 kids in the program. Well, you arent gonna be very good. I think this new guy (haven't met him yet) will do better. Time will tell.