PDA

View Full Version : Mavs V Thunder Game 3

Txbroadcaster
05-21-2011, 08:41 PM
wow so far

Farmersfan
05-21-2011, 08:56 PM
What a great way to start the game for the Mavs! But I wonder why they just stopped when they go up by 20. They need to keep pouring it on and completely demoralize this young team. And Dirk needs to do something............. Go Mavs.

Sweetwater Red
05-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Right? Mark Cuban might need to put me on his payroll. I've watched two Mavs games all year.
The 3 point barrage against the Lakers and this one.

bwdlionfan
05-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
What a great way to start the game for the Mavs! But I wonder why they just stopped when they go up by 20. They need to keep pouring it on and completely demoralize this young team. And Dirk needs to do something............. Go Mavs.

What's your assessment on the refs so far?

Farmersfan
05-21-2011, 09:04 PM
The great thing about this is that they are doing it without Dirk. You know he will get his before the game is over. If we can get Peja to just shoot and not try to do anything else we will be ok.............

Farmersfan
05-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
What's your assessment on the refs so far?

What are you fishing for?

bwdlionfan
05-21-2011, 09:06 PM
What are you fishing for?

Your opinion

Txbroadcaster
05-21-2011, 09:15 PM

I dont think they just "stopped" I think OKC got some of their bearings back

Phil C
05-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Mavs let them chip away at the lead near the end of the first half. They will find a way to lose this game.

Txbroadcaster
05-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Mavs let them chip away at the lead near the end of the first half. They will find a way to lose this game.

As long as Dallas out scores them in each Q they will win...it was a 15 point lead at the end of First Q...it is a 16 point lead at end of 2nd Q

Farmersfan
05-21-2011, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I dont think they just "stopped" I think OKC got some of their bearings back

No they stopped. The offensive movement went away and the Mavs started playing the one-on-one game. The same slow down happened on D also. Dirk has 5 points and several turnovers in this first half. He also bailed on several Thunder drives instead of playing strong D. I hope he gets his bearings............

The commentators are even saying these Mavs are likely to let their opponents back in the game. I would prefer they get up by 30 and stay there. I don't want another nailbiter.

Phil C
05-21-2011, 09:26 PM
The first half of the third quarter may be very important.

Txbroadcaster
05-21-2011, 09:27 PM
No they stopped. The offensive movement went away and the Mavs started playing the one-on-one game. The same slow down happened on D also. Dirk has 5 points and several turnovers in this first half. He also bailed on several Thunder drives instead of playing strong D. I hope he gets his bearings............

The commentators are even saying these Mavs are likely to let their opponents back in the game. I would prefer they get up by 30 and stay there. I don't want another nailbiter.

The scored 27 in first Q..Scored 25 in 2nd

Txbroadcaster
05-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Dirk has 5 points and several turnovers in this first half. He also bailed on several Thunder drives instead of playing strong D.

wow Dallas gives up all of 36 points agianst a high scoring team and ur going to try to say Dirk bailed on some drives lol

Txbroadcaster
05-21-2011, 09:50 PM
WOW what a flop

bwdlionfan
05-21-2011, 09:51 PM

If their fans are scared they'll let OKC back in the game why shouldn't the announcers expect it?

Phil C
05-21-2011, 09:53 PM
Mavs are going to blow it. They needed to put it away but they haven't done so.

Farmersfan
05-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Your opinion

It's starting to get way one-sided. Dirk gets mauled on his drive with no call and any Thunder player that drive gets a foul.....

And Dirk needs get his ass in gear.............

bwdlionfan
05-21-2011, 10:00 PM
It's starting to get way one-sided. Dirk gets mauled on his drive with no call and any Thunder player that drive gets a foul.....

And Dirk needs get his ass in gear.............

haha, as long as the Mavs are outscoring the Thunder the refs are fine, but as soon as the Thunder just keep pace they must be getting some help!

Txbroadcaster
05-21-2011, 10:03 PM
This is the type of game Dallas has to play to win IMO..the higher the score favors OKC

Phil C
05-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Dallas can't put them away. They are going to blow these last 12 minutes. :(

Farmersfan
05-21-2011, 10:06 PM
haha, as long as the Mavs are outscoring the Thunder the refs are fine, but as soon as the Thunder just keep pace they must be getting some help!

Free throws attempted are 24-12 in favor of the Thunder through 3.

bwdlionfan
05-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Free throws attempted are 24-12 in favor of the Thunder through 3.

Well hell the Thunder must be getting help... especially since you thought they were getting help the other day and they only shot 2 more

Phil C
05-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Durrant is not the one to foul. Good griep Shawn. An uncalled for foul.

Phil C
05-21-2011, 10:11 PM
Dallas just couldn't put it away when they had the big lead. Now defeat once again is coming.

Farmersfan
05-21-2011, 10:14 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The Disappearing Dutchman....

Phil C
05-21-2011, 10:20 PM
Dallas is going to blow it. I wish I could have been wrong but they had done this too many times over the years.

skins4life
05-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Here they come!!! :(

Phil C
05-21-2011, 10:24 PM
I knew it. Dallas is going to blow it. They are not getting baskets and playing sorry.

bwdlionfan
05-21-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm not a Mavs or Thunder fan, but I think the Mavs will pull this out

Phil C
05-21-2011, 10:26 PM
I knew it. Dallas is going to blow it. They are not getting baskets and playing sorry. Another foul on Marian.

bwdlionfan
05-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Free throws are 32-12 in favor of OKC

Farmersfan
05-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Free throws are 32-12 in favor of OKC

Conspiracy theory: The league is showing Cuban that he WILL keep his mouth shut. It will be amazing if the Mavs win this game with that kind of difference.

Txbroadcaster
05-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Dirk getting hot in 4th

I am not a mav fan, I watch at them and think it would be cool for them to win the NBA title but

32 FTs to 12 FTs is astounding to me. Especially when OKC also has 9 blocks to the Mavs 4. I know Dallas is not driving to the rim as much as Game 1 and 2, but still alot of the fouls being called are not even when OKC drives the lane..the technical on Tyson was a flop( funny one though lol).

Dirk spent the last two minutes going into the lane getting hit from all sides with no call..yet Terry gets a call as a guy dribbles past him

bwdlionfan
05-21-2011, 10:34 PM
OKC just put up two dumb 3s

bwdlionfan
05-21-2011, 10:35 PM
big 2 by Terry

Phil C
05-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Still time for Thunder to win it. Dallas better keep scoring.

bwdlionfan
05-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Still time for Thunder to win it. Dallas better keep scoring.

Phil did UT and Aggie play tonight in baseball?

Farmersfan
05-21-2011, 10:37 PM
Dallas better find someone besides Dirk to score. Dirk is sucking so bad right now......

Txbroadcaster
05-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Dallas better find someone besides Dirk to score. Dirk is sucking so bad right now......

Dirk has 8 in the Q no trips to the line..seems to me a he is stepping up in a down night

Txbroadcaster
05-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Dirk had 8 points in game going into 4th..finishes with 10 in 4th Q..that is a superstar performance when needed.

Phil C
05-21-2011, 10:49 PM
The Mavs pulled it out! I knew they could do it!

Still they should have put them away but this win was important or this series would have been basically over for them.

Whew!

Phil C
05-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Phil did UT and Aggie play tonight in baseball?

Yes and this time the Aggies got it 3 - 0. It was a pitcher's duel all the way till the 9th inning and for some reason the UT coach changed pitchers and Aggies scored 3 runs in a scoreless game.
UT won the other two but the Aggies just probably wanted this one a little more. UT bats were asleep tonight and Aggies had more threats throughout the game.

bwdlionfan
05-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Yes and this time the Aggies got it 3 - 0. It was a pitcher's duel all the way till the 9th inning and for some reason the UT coach changed pitchers and Aggies scored 3 runs in a scoreless game.
UT won the other two but the Aggies just probably wanted this one a little more. UT bats were asleep tonight and Aggies had more threats throughout the game.

Ah, well 2 out of 3 and a tie for regular season big 12 champs ain't bad

Txbroadcaster
05-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Ah, well 2 out of 3 and a tie for regular season big 12 champs ain't bad

UT actually are the champs because they won the season series

bwdlionfan
05-21-2011, 11:08 PM

Awesome

3afan
05-22-2011, 05:41 AM
go MAVS!

oldtownag
05-22-2011, 08:10 AM

Actually no, they are not. tu is the #1 tourney seed but Ags are co-champs.

http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=205153603&DB_OEM_ID=10410

Farmersfan
05-22-2011, 08:16 AM
Dirk had 8 points in game going into 4th..finishes with 10 in 4th Q..that is a superstar performance when needed.

He also had quite a few very, very poor plays in the 4th. Several very bad shooting decisons in the 4th. In crunch time when the Mavs needed points Dirk shot (and missed) 2 ill advised, off balanced long shots with a lot of time left on the shot clock. I know he wants to drive the dagger home but he has to make better decisions. The great thing for Dallas is that they won the game with this kind of play from Dirk. Dirk will usually follow up this kind of performance with a very good one. Bodes well for the Mavs in game 4.

Emerson1
05-22-2011, 08:22 AM
I blame one of those on Terry and his terrible court vision. Multiple times they left Dirk wide open and Jet took to long getting him the ball.

Farmersfan
05-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I blame one of those on Terry and his terrible court vision. Multiple times they left Dirk wide open and Jet took to long getting him the ball.

Thats true. And Collison was all over Dirk making it very tough for him to do anything. (and getting away with a lot of holding and grabbing). Actually Jet didn't have a very good game either which makes the win even better. J. Terry shot 25% from the field and 25% from 3pt range. (only 13 pts). Him and Dirk were the only 2 offensive players on the team with a +/- in the minus. I say those two guys will have a huge game 4.

zebrablue2
05-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Big win for Dirk and his Mavs:clap:

forum_guy
05-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Thats true. And Collison was all over Dirk making it very tough for him to do anything. (and getting away with a lot of holding and grabbing).

its called defense bro. Im sorry he didn't shoot 24 free throws again. Game 1 was a joke.

forum_guy
05-22-2011, 11:26 AM
u know im a lakers fan and was actually kinda going for the mavs but fans are single handedly ruining it for me. Mavs pick up the W and all im still hearing is crying about the officiating. Plain and simple of course OKC is going to shoot more free throws when they drive to the basket as much as they did. I think i remember Harden getting called for a phantom foul on Terry that was hilarious. There are plenty more on OKC that were in no way the correct call. To say the Mavs are getting screwed by the refs is stupid. Overall the officals for both teams have been terrible but u cant say the refs are favoring one team. Its just terrible both ways.

bwdlionfan
05-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
u know im a lakers fan and was actually kinda going for the mavs but fans are single handedly ruining it for me. Mavs pick up the W and all im still hearing is crying about the officiating. Plain and simple of course OKC is going to shoot more free throws when they drive to the basket as much as they did. I think i remember Harden getting called for a phantom foul on Terry that was hilarious. There are plenty more on OKC that were in no way the correct call. To say the Mavs are getting screwed by the refs is stupid. Overall the officals for both teams have been terrible but u cant say the refs are favoring one team. Its just terrible both ways.

Amen!

Z-RO
05-22-2011, 03:01 PM

Sorry but I strongly disagree.

Before the final min of the game the Thunder had shot 24 more free throws then the Mavericks, that's just ridiculous regardless of who is playing.

bwdlionfan
05-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Z-RO
Sorry but I strongly disagree.

Before the final min of the game the Thunder had shot 24 more free throws then the Mavericks, that's just ridiculous regardless of who is playing.

I agree that is ridiculous... but the most ridiculous thing is that there was more complaining about officials in the Mavs game 2 loss where they were barely outshot at the freethrow line than there was in this one where OKC shot 3 times the number of free throws. It all depends on who wins, not on the calls.

Txbroadcaster
05-22-2011, 04:19 PM
I agree that is ridiculous... but the most ridiculous thing is that there was more complaining about officials in the Mavs game 2 loss where they were barely outshot at the freethrow line than there was in this one where OKC shot 3 times the number of free throws. It all depends on who wins, not on the calls.

are u talking about fans? Because I have not read an article where the Mavs complained to the media about the foul calling in either game other than the HC saying this last night

"Well, they're making a great effort on him," Carlisle said of the Thunder. "Now, I don't know in terms of legal limits, I believe the line may be crossed at times. And if so, the league will see that."

Farmersfan
05-23-2011, 08:31 AM

The points in the paint in game 3 was 42-42. So how were the Thunder driving to the hoop more than the Mavs? The Thunder shot only 4 fewer 3s than the Mavs did. Total rebounds, offensive rebounds and fast break points all favored the Thunder. So all your logic is flawed. Dirk lit the Thunder up in game #1 when the refs didn't allow the NO-NAME bigs for the Thunder to grab, hold, push and crowd him. They have nobody who can stop Dirk unless they are allowed a LOT of freedom with the holding and grabbing. If the refs are going to allow this shouldn't they also allow it on Westbrook and Durant? Instead they called a ton of touch fouls against the Mavs who were trying to guard those guys. The free throw attempts in game #3 was 36-18.
Of course there were examples of terrible calls against both teams in all three games but you have to look at the overall game. If they call the game as close on Dirk as they have been on Durant and Westbrook then Dirk will go to the line 24 times in every game...........................

Farmersfan
05-23-2011, 08:38 AM

The Mavs were also outshot by 7 at the free throw line in game #1 when Dirk shot 24 by himself. The complaining in game #2 was because they STOPPED calling it tight against the Thunder players who guarded Dirk. The Thunder were allowed to be very, very physical with Dirk yet the physical play wasn't allowed against the Thunder superstarts of Durant and Westbrook. Dirk shot 24 in the game #1 but he has only shot 1 more than Westbrook and 3 more than Durant in the overall series. Seems the league decided Dirk wasn't going to get the same benefit of the calls as those other two guys get. Durant shot 19 in that same game and Westbrook shot 18 but all anyone is talking about is Dirks 24 shots.

jason
05-23-2011, 08:58 AM
To say the Mavs are getting screwed by the refs is stupid. Overall the officals for both teams have been terrible but u cant say the refs are favoring one team. Its just terrible both ways. im a mavs fan and i agree with you 100% on this...

nba officiating is the worst in professional sports, it has been terrible both ways in this series...

Farmersfan
05-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by jason
im a mavs fan and i agree with you 100% on this...

nba officiating is the worst in professional sports, it has been terrible both ways in this series...

The free throw totals for the series is 109-78 in favor of the Thunder. So apparently it hasn't been "Terrible" equally.............
:D :D

waterboy
05-23-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm not going to make excuses. The Mavs have to win regardless of the officiating. The officiating is terrible and inconsistent for both teams, but you have to be able to play through it without making excuses. Officiating, for the most part, tends to even up over the length of a series more times than not. I hope that happens in this one. Game 1 was full of ticky tacky fouls, which I hate. In Game 2, the officials allowed a lot more physicality, but were inconsistent. In Game 3, the officials just swallowed the whistle on some maulings, and blew the whistle in anticipation of a foul sometimes even when a foul didn't occur. The part that gets me irate is the fact that they anticipate foul calls when a foul might happen, and other times they'll swallow the whistle when a player gets mauled. A little consistency would be nice. :(

Oh well, you have to win despite the officiating. SIX MORE WINS AWAY FROM A RING!!!