PDA

View Full Version : Mavs and Thunder

Farmersfan
05-19-2011, 10:05 PM
Is it just me or have the refs taken a really, really bad turn for the worst tonight?

Txbroadcaster
05-19-2011, 10:06 PM
That call on terry on the three was terrible

SintonFan
05-19-2011, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Is it just me or have the refs taken a really, really bad turn for the worst tonight?

Ever notice that when you check your watch less, time seems to speed up?:doh:

Txbroadcaster
05-19-2011, 10:14 PM
and a bad call on Dirk

bwdlionfan
05-19-2011, 10:27 PM

OKC probably hasn't had a bad call all night :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Farmersfan
05-19-2011, 10:31 PM
Dirk can't buy a call. Seems the league gave some very specific instructions to these refs.

bwdlionfan
05-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Dirk can't buy a call. Seems the league gave some very specific instructions to these refs.

He shot 10 free throws tonight, sorry... the refs can't GIVE him 24 free throws every night like he got in game 1

Thunder shot 7 more free throws than the Mavs in game 1. Thunder shot 2 more tonight. You whine tonight because the Mavs lost.

I really don't care much about who wins this series, I hate Mavs fans, but I also hate anything from Oklahoma... I'm hoping Dallas makes it to the finals just because of the income it'd bring the Dallas area... but I hope they lose in the finals

Emerson1
05-19-2011, 11:21 PM
They can't have a white guy be the star two games in a row.

Farmersfan
05-20-2011, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
He shot 10 free throws tonight, sorry... the refs can't GIVE him 24 free throws every night like he got in game 1

Thunder shot 7 more free throws than the Mavs in game 1. Thunder shot 2 more tonight. You whine tonight because the Mavs lost.

I really don't care much about who wins this series, I hate Mavs fans, but I also hate anything from Oklahoma... I'm hoping Dallas makes it to the finals just because of the income it'd bring the Dallas area... but I hope they lose in the finals

And YOU don't have a clue. If it was a foul in game 1 then why wasn't it a foul in game 2? The same players were crowding, bumping, slapping, holding and pushing Dirk in both games on every single possesion. They were allowed to in one game and not allowed in the other. That my good friend is the REFS determining the outcome of the game. plain and simply. Well, that and the fact that the Mavs had very little intensity.

Maroon87
05-20-2011, 07:23 AM
Of course...the Mavs lose and it's the refs fault. Just like clockwork.

If any TEAM, much less one guy, shot 24 FT's vs. the Mavs some of you would have an aneurysm.

Emerson1
05-20-2011, 07:26 AM
Remember it's farmers_fan's posts who you are reading.

bwdlionfan
05-20-2011, 07:49 AM
And YOU don't have a clue. If it was a foul in game 1 then why wasn't it a foul in game 2? The same players were crowding, bumping, slapping, holding and pushing Dirk in both games on every single possesion. They were allowed to in one game and not allowed in the other. That my good friend is the REFS determining the outcome of the game. plain and simply. Well, that and the fact that the Mavs had very little intensity.

You said it yourself the Mavs had very little intensity. No intensity means you're not going to get to the free throw line as often. Sorry friend, YOU don't have a clue, I don't think YOU ever have a clue.

waterboy
05-20-2011, 08:57 AM
No excuses, but this game WAS poorly officiated. It seems the refs were making up for Game 1 in some way, I don't know, but there were bad calls on both teams. The Thunder played better and deserved the win, but I wish the refs would just let them play. The refs are blowing the whistle waaaaaayyy too much in this series, and blowing it BEFORE a foul in anticipation, and swallowing it AFTER a foul. Just LET the players PLAY! The Mavs will definitely have to play better defensively if they want to win this series. They will also have to heat up offensively. Now they have to win at least ONE game on the road, and defend the home court. Come on Mavs! SEVEN MORE WINS away from the ring!

Bullaholic
05-20-2011, 09:16 AM
Credit to the Thunder---they got this far for a reason---but the Mavs didn't look that motivated and as determined as they did in the last 5 playoff games. They got to get the "hunger" back and take at least 1 in OKC.

Farmersfan
05-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
You said it yourself the Mavs had very little intensity. No intensity means you're not going to get to the free throw line as often. Sorry friend, YOU don't have a clue, I don't think YOU ever have a clue.

Baseball umps enforce their own strike zone even though MLB defined a strike over 100 years ago.
Hockey refs intentionally attempt to even up the powerplays in a game which only serves to effect the outcome of the game worst.
Football refs determine the outcome of every game by their choices of when and on who to call penalties. Everybody agrees that they could rightfully call a penalty of every single play so the specific play they choose to call determines a lot about the outcome of the game.
And Basketball refs enforce the rule so differently from one night to the next that the players/teams are at the mercy of them. A finesse team that isn't real aggressive is expecting and needing the the fouls to be called or they can't play their game. An aggressive and physical team wants the refs to "let them play". The problem is regardless of whether the player is aggressive or standing still, a Foul is still a foul.

Farmersfan
05-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Credit to the Thunder---they got this far for a reason---but the Mavs didn't look that motivated and as determined as they did in the last 5 playoff games. They got to get the "hunger" back and take at least 1 in OKC.

Durant is a hoss! That dunk over Heywood was just about the best dunk ever and that killed the Mavs motivation it seemed. But I have to ask: What the hell is up with Chandler? I hate players or teams that talk crap or smack talk or show boat. In the first half Chandler was non-stop talking crap to the Thunder after every good play by a Maverick. Chandler was a non-factor it seems in the entire second half. Shut up and play idiot!!!!

I have rep for being negative but damnit, what the hell is the problem with Shawn Marion? I saw that guy miss 5 layups or shots from less than 3' in this game. When every single possession in important we can't have one of our "Scorers" missing layups all the time. He drives me nuts!
Ok, I vented and now I feel better.

Bullaholic
05-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Durant is a hoss! That dunk over Heywood was just about the best dunk ever and that killed the Mavs motivation it seemed. But I have to ask: What the hell is up with Chandler? I hate players or teams that talk crap or smack talk or show boat. In the first half Chandler was non-stop talking crap to the Thunder after every good play by a Maverick. Chandler was a non-factor it seems in the entire second half. Shut up and play idiot!!!!

I have rep for being negative but damnit, what the hell is the problem with Shawn Marion? I saw that guy miss 5 layups or shots from less than 3' in this game. When every single possession in important we can't have one of our "Scorers" missing layups all the time. He drives me nuts!
Ok, I vented and now I feel better.

I think the big diff was the Thunder "D", Farmer. I think they made up their minds to take away the paint points and there was more fierce play going on in there causing those missed easy shots that we couldn't see. The Thunder bench sinking a high % of their FG's was the biggest factor.

Farmersfan
05-20-2011, 10:06 AM
I think the big diff was the Thunder "D", Farmer. I think they made up their minds to take away the paint points and there was more fierce play going on in there causing those missed easy shots that we couldn't see. The Thunder bench sinking a high % of their FG's was the biggest factor.

See I disagree! The Thunder "D" was prevented from being as aggressive in game 1 by the refs and the constant whistles. In game 2 they were allowed to be fierce (as you put it). Great job by the Thunder but really isn't that the refs determining which style of play will be allowed which in turn grants which team will have the advantage?

Farmersfan
05-20-2011, 10:09 AM

And I think the LACK of defense by the Mavs was the biggest reason for the loss. The Mavs scored 100 points and in the playoffs 100 points normally gets you a win. I think we will see a much, much more focused Mavs team in the next game. At least I hope so or this will be a short series. OKC is a tough place to win but the Mavs are a tough team on the road.

Old Tiger
05-20-2011, 10:14 AM
It is going to be interesting to see how the Mavs respond after this loss.

Bull's-eye
05-20-2011, 10:53 AM
And I think the LACK of defense by the Mavs was the biggest reason for the loss. The Mavs scored 100 points and in the playoffs 100 points normally gets you a win.

I have to disagree, Dallas won game 1 by the score of 121-112 & lost this game 106-100. Dallas holds the Thunder to 6 less points & you want to blame the loss on defense? Dallas scores 21 less points, so it was the lack of offense that cost them this game. Dallas shot 53% in their victory, but only 43% in this loss. Breaking down this even more, Dallas missed an additional 4 more shots from behind the arc. Dallas went 9-23 in their win, but only 9-27 last night. Mavs hit a few more 3's and they could be up 2-0.

Txbroadcaster
05-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I have to disagree, Dallas won game 1 by the score of 121-112 & lost this game 106-100. Dallas holds the Thunder to 6 less points & you want to blame the loss on defense? Dallas scores 21 less points, so it was the lack of offense that cost them this game. Dallas shot 53% in their victory, but only 43% in this loss. Breaking down this even more, Dallas missed an additional 4 more shots from behind the arc. Dallas went 9-23 in their win, but only 9-27 last night. Mavs hit a few more 3's and they could be up 2-0.

I agree..this is one of those series that the offense will win it for the teams as much as the defense. Dallas last night had a terrible 2nd half shooting the ball

Maroon87
05-20-2011, 04:04 PM
LOL...right on cue.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6569055

bleedgreen
05-21-2011, 08:06 AM
I see the writing on the wall. The Mavs can not keep up with this young, energetic, athletic Thunder. They'll just keep driving to the basket and go to the foul line. Our only player with that kind of speed is young, energetic, and talented Barrea. Our only hope is for the Thunder to choke at crunch time due to lack of experience.

Emerson1
05-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Uhm. No. Dallas missed multiple layups, shot 44% compared to 55% and still barely lost. OKC was making every desperation shot and that won't happen every game. Dallas was on a 7 game win streak, they were going to sweep the rest of the playoffs. Marion and Terry going 7/23 is what did them in.