PDA

View Full Version : Best concert you ever saw???

Cam
05-19-2011, 04:06 PM
For me, AC/DC when Bon Scott was the lead singer. He died a few months after I saw him.

Triumph - what a show. Rik Emmett is a great guitarist with a unique voice. He's still out there doing the solo thing.

The Moody Blues - wow, these guys were so precise with their instrument playing. A great live act.

Dire Straits - Mark Knofler and his guitar. Great songs. Money for Nothin' baby......

Linda Ronstadt - her mariachi spanish singing tour. Wow simply awesome. I'll never forget the beautiful lady dancers!!! And the mariachi band had a guitarist that was unbelievable with that nylon string.

Blue Oyster Cult - another tight band live.

And of course, I must mention I saw Elvis when I was bout 11. The screamin' and cryin' women were everywhere.....Elvis wore a baby blue rhinestone outfit...

lostaussie
05-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Celtic Women

BEAST
05-19-2011, 04:09 PM
ZZ TOP in a private concert. Only about 250-300 folks there. They played for hours. It was awesome.

BEAST

mwrams
05-19-2011, 04:11 PM
The Moody Blues were the best I have ever seen LIVE.

Zeppelin, Jethro Tull, The Who, Scorpions, all were very good.

Hendrix and the Stones Live really sucked!

Saw many many more throughout the past 40 or so years.

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 04:11 PM
I have only been to one concert in my life!!:( :(

Quiet Riot, Dokken and White Snake!!

I didnt' even smoke pot but I was so stoned that I literally had to be HELD up by my friends there was so much "second smoke" going around!!

Cam
05-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Forgot one.....Andreas Vollenweider from Sweden I believe. He plays an amplified harp which he modified. A great musician. Saw him twice cause he and his band were fun to watch....Andreas is a strange fellow.....

jason
05-19-2011, 04:13 PM
elton john @ caesars palace las vegas

Roughneck93
05-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Metallica!! Blue Oyster Cult is awesome live.

Trashman
05-19-2011, 04:44 PM
Bee Gees in San Antonio 1979. :D

44INAROW
05-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Cam
For me, AC/DC when Bon Scott was the lead singer. He died a few months after I saw him.

Triumph - what a show. Rik Emmett is a great guitarist with a unique voice. He's still out there doing the solo thing.

The Moody Blues - wow, these guys were so precise with their instrument playing. A great live act.

Dire Straits - Mark Knofler and his guitar. Great songs. Money for Nothin' baby......

Linda Ronstadt - her mariachi spanish singing tour. Wow simply awesome. I'll never forget the beautiful lady dancers!!! And the mariachi band had a guitarist that was unbelievable with that nylon string.

Blue Oyster Cult - another tight band live.

And of course, I must mention I saw Elvis when I was bout 11. The screamin' and cryin' women were everywhere.....Elvis wore a baby blue rhinestone outfit...

Did you see AC/DC and Triumph in the same concert? I did back in 1977 (I think) at Laurie Auditorium in San Antonio - Leslie West (Mountain) played as well....... They "introduced" MOXY at that concert.. OMG - I'd go into more detail but I don't remember :eek: :D Two weeks later, we saw Boston and Black Sabbath at Joe Freeman Colisium.. Awesome night.. Ozzie was in his prime back then

I saw ZZ Top at Sun Valley in Victoria in 1972.. ( I was a Freshman) about 300 people were there.. (I got grounded that night but it was worth every minute) Skipped school my junior year to make a road trip to Houston to see Deep Purple at the Compaq Center (it was called something else back then) got grounded for that too.......... It sucked having my mother and daddy teaching at high school - they always heard stuff :)

My daddy "stood" my mother up one night to go to the Louisiana Hayride in Shreveport (they went to La Tech) - to go see Elvis.. That must have been 1954 or 1955. I remember him telling me, that he'd do it again in a heartbeat :)

Blastoderm55
05-19-2011, 04:54 PM
*Waits for Maroon87 to post his ridiculous list of concerts attended*

Cam
05-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Did you see AC/DC and Triumph in the same concert? I did back in 1977 (I think) at Laurie Auditorium in San Antonio - Leslie West (Mountain) played as well....... They "introduced" MOXY at that concert.. OMG - I'd go into more detail but I don't remember :eek: :D Two weeks later, we saw Boston and Black Sabbath at Joe Freeman Colisium.. Awesome night.. Ozzie was in his prime back then

I saw ZZ Top at Sun Valley in Victoria in 1972.. ( I was a Freshman) about 300 people were there.. (I got grounded that night but it was worth every minute) Skipped school my junior year to make a road trip to Houston to see Deep Purple at the Compaq Center (it was called something else back then) got grounded for that too.......... It sucked having my mother and daddy teaching at high school - they always heard stuff :)

My daddy "stood" my mother up one night to go to the Louisiana Hayride in Shreveport (they went to La Tech) - to go see Elvis.. That must have been 1954 or 1955. I remember him telling me, that he'd do it again in a heartbeat :)

No, Saw Triumph in 1979 on their "Lay It On The Line" tour. Saw AC/DC I think it was 1980. I believe Bon died in Feb. of 80.

bobcat1
05-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Ted Nugent in Wichita Falls 1975 I think. Went to the after party and had a blast!

bobcat1
05-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
ZZ TOP in a private concert. Only about 250-300 folks there. They played for hours. It was awesome.

BEAST Lucky! That's my favorite band of all time!

turbostud
05-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Nirvana at Tree's in Deep Ellum in 1991. Got Kurt Cobains autograph and still have it.

big daddy russ
05-19-2011, 05:25 PM
I enjoyed the experience of Page & Plant in SA back in '98 or '99 just to say I saw them and Bush in Houston in '95 on their Black Dog Tour right before they blew up, but the best time I've ever had were at...

1. Jimmy Buffett
2. Garth Brooks
3. Pat Green
4. Roger Creager
5. 5 Mile Band

mac77
05-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Saw Jimmy Buffet open for the Eagles in Robertson Stadium in 1976. Buffet stole the show with his rendition of "God's Own Drunk." Priceless!

bigwood33
05-19-2011, 05:58 PM
I saw Garth several times but the one that is the most memorable was at Lee's Silver Fox in Terrell the day the "If Tomorrow Never Comes' went #1, his first #1 hit. He was really excited!
When I was a freshman at the Air Force Academy, The Beach Boys played a concert there. Now, this was 1981 (past their hey day) and I know that most of you will not believe this but it was the best concert I ever saw. We were a bunch of homesick kids who needed a break from the grind of that environment and they we "just what the Dr ordered"! Instead of uniforms we were allowed to wear board shorts and OP shirts. We sang with them, stood in the seats and pretended to surf, and generally had a fantastic time. They will never know how great that was for us!

SintonFan
05-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55

So I'm not the only one who lives vicariously through M87?:eek:

Blastoderm55
05-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

:D

Its a very impressive list. I can't even remember all the shows I've seen, but I'm sure its about 1/100th of what he has.

44INAROW
05-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan

M87 has seen some fantastic shows.. I can't wait for his list!

LH Panther Mom
05-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Best? Oh heck! I wouldn't even KNOW where to start!!!!!

I guess if I picked based on quantity, I'd have to say whatever the thing they used to have at the Cotton Bowl after the Texxas Jam? Anyway, it was 1990.

That day I saw ZZ Top, Carlos Santana, Steve Miller Band and maybe a couple other bands.

I can honestly say I've never been to a bad concert: Kiss, ZZ Top (3x), Heart, Eddie Money, Joan Jett, Asia, Billy Squier, .38 Special, Golden Earring, Aerosmith, Night Ranger, Lover Boy, Sting, Waylon & Willie, Willie, Charlie Pride, Ronnie Milsap, Boston, Def Leppard, Mel Tillis, AC/DC, Bruce Springsteen, Robert Plant, Alannah Myles, Robert Earl Keen, Foghat, hmmmm....there's more than that. :thinking:

Sweetwater Red
05-19-2011, 08:16 PM
Okay since STANG RED confessed to liking Enya, earlier. I figure I can admit to the one and only
'real' concert I've ever been to.

Poison and Britney Fox in Abilene in '89 I think.

westcoast54
05-19-2011, 08:16 PM
Springsteen at the Cotton Bowl in 85. Played for four and a half hours.

Phantom Stang
05-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by westcoast54
Springsteen at the Cotton Bowl in 85. Played for four and a half hours. I was there, and yes he's the best. I've never seen anyone work so hard at putting on a quality show as Bruce Springsteen.

Bearkat
05-19-2011, 08:51 PM
I saw Ragweed, Cory Morrow, and Pat Green in Huntsville. They played at the fair grounds and the stage was a 18 flat bed tractor trailer. Ragweed played first, and was followed by Cory Morrow then Pat Green. When Cory Morrow finished his set he and Pat played a few songs together. It cost $10 to get in, park your truck 20 feet from the stage and sit on the tailgate. Oh, I forgot to mention it was BYOB. Damn that was a good time.

SintonFan
05-19-2011, 09:57 PM
M87 has seen some fantastic shows.. I can't wait for his list!

:D

Its a very impressive list. I can't even remember all the shows I've seen, but I'm sure its about 1/100th of what he has.

Speaking of which, I figured it'll take M87 a few days to compile his list.:D
j/k M87 ;)

Ok, I have been to a few concerts and I can honestly say that seeing
Trans Siberian Orchestra is the best I have seen.
Just because it was last year and how much I love anything Christmas has little to do with it.
Just because it happened in 2010 and was much better for my memory has little to do with it, too.
Just because we all went together as a family has little to do with it, too.
Add all those "little things" up and yes it was the best.:cool: :)

Can you say "Pink Floyd at Christmas?"
Incredible stuff!!!:clap:

44INAROW
05-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
I saw Ragweed, Cory Morrow, and Pat Green in Huntsville. They played at the fair grounds and the stage was a 18 flat bed tractor trailer. Ragweed played first, and was followed by Cory Morrow then Pat Green. When Cory Morrow finished his set he and Pat played a few songs together. It cost $10 to get in, park your truck 20 feet from the stage and sit on the tailgate. Oh, I forgot to mention it was BYOB. Damn that was a good time.
any chance Buddha was at any of those shindigs? I remember one night my oldest son went up there to see Pat Green (I had never heard of PG at the time) must have been 1998 maybe?

carter08
05-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Top 5 live sets in no particular order:

Explosions in the Sky
They Might Be Giants
Joshua James
The Flaming Lips
Iron and Wine

PPHSfan
05-19-2011, 10:11 PM
I was so stoned at all of the great ones, that I don't remember most. But the 1978 Texas Jam with Van Halen playing last was epic.

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I was so stoned at all of the great ones, that I don't remember most. But the 1978 Texas Jam with Van Halen playing last was epic.

Do they still have the "Texas Jam?"

PPHSfan
05-19-2011, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Do they still have the "Texas Jam?"

I don't think so.

In 1978 Cheech and Chong made an appearance.

In 1979 Boston was the final act. It was great too.

I remember the tickets were fifteen bucks. That was some serious coin back then.

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 10:20 PM
I don't think so.

I remember the tickets were fifteen bucks. That was some serious coin back then.

I lived right off the interstate in Coahoma....I remember always seeing cars go by with "Texas Jam or Bust" on the windows....I was so jealous!!!:(

SintonFan
05-19-2011, 10:23 PM
I don't think so.

Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I lived right off the interstate in Coahoma....I remember always seeing cars go by with "Texas Jam or Bust" on the windows....I was so jealous!!!:(

It looks like PPHSfan is an expert when it comes to Texas Jam (or "jelly").:eek: :D

Old&Crusty
05-20-2011, 06:16 AM
Zeppelin - 1973

GrTigers6
05-20-2011, 06:35 AM
My favorite was the last one I went to, Larry Joe texas music festival. the atmosphere, and shows were unbelievable.
Of course I enjoyed the Country Jam they had a texas motor speedway in the 90's
I also saw Garth Brooks in Rapid City SD, he opened for the judds, and blew them away, lol He was good back then and went downhill when his popularity grew.

playnhurt
05-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Alice Cooper's "Welcome to my Nightmare Tour"
KISS
Boston
Rolling Stones

Gobbler Fan
05-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Eric Clapton - Crossroads Guitar Festival

In June of 2004, some of the greatest living guitar players and their bands gathered at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas, Texas for a three-day festival to benefit the Crossroads Centre, Eric Clapton's nonprofit addiction treatment facility in Antigua. Offering a stunning array of legendary acts, the talent assembled for the show was a music lover's dream come true.

Eric Clapton
Johnny A.
Jeff Beck
Vishwa Mohan Bhatt
Ron Block
Booker T. & the M.G.'s
Doyle Bramhall II
J. J. Cale
Larry Carlton
Robert Cray
Sheryl Crow
Bo Diddley
Jerry Douglas
Nathan East
David Honeyboy Edwards
Vince Gill
Buddy Guy
David Hidalgo
Zakir Hussain
David James
Eric Johnson
B. B. King
Sonny Landreth
Jonny Lang
Robert Lockwood, Jr.
John Mayer
John McLaughlin
Pat Metheny
Robert Randolph
Duke Robillard
Carlos Santana
Neal Schon
Styx
Hubert Sumlin
James Taylor
Dan Tyminski
Steve Vai
Jimmie Vaughan
Joe Walsh
ZZ Top
David Johansen

I'd have say this was by far my best Concert to ever see it was 3 days of fun , drinking and Music ;)

Bearkat
05-20-2011, 08:31 PM
any chance Buddha was at any of those shindigs? I remember one night my oldest son went up there to see Pat Green (I had never heard of PG at the time) must have been 1998 maybe?

Yes, Buddha was there. Mike, Humpy, the softball team, everyone was there. Man, those were the days!!! I sure miss Sam Houston State University and good ole Hunstville.

BaseballUmp
05-21-2011, 01:07 AM
Only true "concert" I've ever been to was Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for My Valentine, Atreyu and some asian rock band that did a back flip from 40 feet in the air into the crowd...I should have been stoned lol but I was driving from San Antonio back home lol

Maroon87
05-21-2011, 01:17 AM

Oh come on I haven't been to that many lol...at least not lately.;)

My fave was probably the 1988 Monsters of Rock at Rice Stadium...Van Halen, Scorpions, Metallica, Dokken, and Kingdom Come.

Aside from the fact it was 110 degrees it was totally bad ass.:cool:

sinton66
05-21-2011, 01:26 AM
I've seen so many it would be too difficult to choose, but one of my favorites was Cream's last live performance in the US in 1968.

sinton66
05-21-2011, 10:14 AM
If pressed real hard to choose a favorite, it would have to be Creedance Clearwater Revival's first live performance at the Civic Center in San Diego, California in 1968. Although they had been together for several years under two different names (Tom Fogerty and the Blue Velvets and the Golliwogs), that was the first as CCR and using the Kustom amps. All that black rolled and pleated leather was quite impressive. Afterward, having been stationed at Treasure Island for 74 weeks I had the opportunity to see nearly 150 groups perform at the Fillmore West, the Cow Palace, and Avalon Ballroom in San Francisco.

CelinaCatFan
05-21-2011, 12:52 PM
June 87 @ Cotton Bowl

Boston, Aerosmith, Whitesnake, Poison, and Tesla.

July 88 @ Cotton Bowl

Van Halen, Scorpians, Dokken, Metallica, and Kingdom Come.

Antec
05-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Robert Earl Keen in Hallettsville
Jimmy Buffet open for the Eagles at Robertson Statdium in Houston
Charlie Robison-several times
Bruck Robison-Several times
Kelly Willis
Bellamy Brothers-5 times
Sylvia-about 10 times
George Jones
Charley Pride-at Gilley and at Stafford Centre
Willie Nelson in El Campo and Rosenberg
Nanci Griffith
George Strait
Buck Owens
Johnny Cash at Astrodome
Lee Greenwood
and many more

Antec
05-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Peter Frampton in Austin back in the spring of 1976

Vince Gill
Rodney Crowell
Radney Foster
Larry Gatlin
Lorrie Morgan
Jerry Reed
John Conlee
Asleep At The Wheel
Cross Canadian Ragweed
Sammy Kershaw

Antec
05-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Dixie Chicks-Before Natalie Maines joined the group and Laura Lynch was lead singer

RPF2666
05-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Monsters of Rock, 1988...

Van Halen
Scorpions
Dokken
Metalica
Kingdom Come

Would have been better if the Scorpions were the headliner, but
it was great. July 16, 1998. Candlestick Park

icu812
05-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
June 87 @ Cotton Bowl

July 88 @ Cotton Bowl

Van Halen, Scorpians, Dokken, Metallica, and Kingdom Come.

I was there at the 1987 concert at the Cotton Bowl.

Some of my other favorites over the years:

Guns & Roses/Rolling Stones at LA Coliseum in 1989 I think.

The Cult -1990 in Sacramento CA

Social Distortion in 1990 (great concert) Fresno CA

Ted Nugent/ZZ Top in Shreveport - Ted killing Saddam H. with his bow

Kid Rock puts on a great show - guy is very talented which surprised me

Jimmy Buffet at the Woodlands Amphitheater

The Black Crows in front of about 20 people. They were not even in the line up just playing way before the concert was to start. Nobody had any idea who they were. The Bee Gees were the headliner.

Depeche Mode in the late 80's - didn't go for the music - we killed with the ladies - saw em 2 more times after that, lol

Raggae concerts are a blast. No idea who the bands were.

Peter Frampton

skins4life
05-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Willie Nelson, Big Spring Memorial stadium in '79.

LYNARD SYNARD and ZZ TOP, United Spirit Arena on 5/15/11.

I've lead a sheltered life. :( :(

turbostud
05-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by RPF2666
Monsters of Rock, 1988...

Van Halen
Scorpions
Dokken
Metalica
Kingdom Come

Would have been better if the Scorpions were the headliner, but
it was great. July 16, 1998. Candlestick Park

I was at that 1988 Monsters of Rock show at the Cotton Bowl. Was when Jason Newstead was still fairly new to Metallica. I remember Hetfield saying do you want to hear something off our new album and they played Harvester of Sorrow.

LH Panther Mom
05-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Dixie Chicks-Before Natalie Maines joined the group and Laura Lynch was lead singer
I've never seen them, but I'm well aware of Natalie's daddy, Lloyd, his brothers, their wives and the band members (not DC, but Maines Brothers).

3afan
05-22-2011, 05:44 AM
Elton John at the Caesar's Palace Colosseum in Las Vegas ... that place was built for music, every note was clear as can be

Bruce Springsteen in the AAC in Dallas

Antec
05-22-2011, 02:31 PM
Waylon Jennings with Jesse Colter at Gregory Gym on UT campus in 1976

LH_Tuff
05-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Too many to count. The ones that seem to bubble to the top for me (Top 10):

1. Eagles (With Sammy)/Jimmy Buffet, 1977, Robertson Stadium (UH)
2. Lou Reed
3. Golden Earring
4. Journey (twice)
5. Alice Cooper (twice)
6. Jethro Tull
7. Elton John (My first concert)
8. The Strawbs
9. Loverboy
10. The Doobie Brothers

Antec
05-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Wish we could afford to go to more shows and concerts like we did back 5-10 years ago.

Have only been to three in past 5 years-Charlie Robison, Sammy Kershaw, Lorrie Morgan, Charley Pride and The Bellamy Brothers twice

Music is scarce down here in Wharton County and we don't get to Houston very much like we used to.

Randy Rogers is playing for Austin County Summer Fest in July but doubt we will go

Pendragon13
05-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Pink Floyd @Frank Erwin Center

Sometime in the mid-late 80's..can't remember.:D

Antec
05-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Kelly Willis-Several Places
Marcia Ball
David Ball
Johnny Rodriguez
Joe Stampley
Moe Bandy (Dancetown USA Houston)
Jerry Jeff Walker (Where I met my wife to be at Armadillo Ballroom in Brazoria)
Robert Earl Keen
Johnny Paycheck

bigwood33
05-22-2011, 09:11 PM
My wife and I go almost every year to see/hear Michael Martin Murphy's Cowboy Christmas at Bass Performance Hall in Ft Worth. We love it.

bobcat4life
05-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Bob Seger at the American Airlines Center in 2006

slingshot
05-22-2011, 10:26 PM
June 87 @ Cotton Bowl

Boston, Aerosmith, Whitesnake, Poison, and Tesla...

I was there! Awesome show... other notables--Springsteen @ The Drum in Austin '84, Stones/ZZ Top '81 @ Cotton Bowl (have seen the Stones twice and ZZ 3 times), Foreigner in Abilene '82, Motley Crue/Warrant @ the Drum '90, Journey @ the Drum '83. In no certain order--John Cougar, Heart, 38 Spec, Christopher Cross, Bryan Adams, Black Crows, Def Leppard, George Strait, Fabulous Thunderbirds, Clint Black, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Johnson, Ratt, Alice Cooper, Collective Soul... many more.

Antec
05-23-2011, 11:15 AM
Saw Michael Martin Murphey twice
once in Wharton and once at Blinn College in Brenham

He signed all my viny album covers

jason
05-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by skins4life

LYNARD SYNARD

I've lead a sheltered life. :( :(

obviously

Antec
05-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Also heard
Mickey Gilley at Gilley's in Pasadena before Billy Bob's opended

Johnny Lee
Emmylou Harris at Gilley's
George Jones and Charley Pride at Gilley's
Gary P. Nunn
Dwight Yoakam
Clint Black twice

Maroon87
05-23-2011, 11:39 AM
June 87 @ Cotton Bowl

I was there. Great show!:cool:

nobogey72
05-23-2011, 11:48 AM
This is a true story. In the spring of '71 (my Jr. yr of HS) at Abilene High School one day we had what was called a "paid assembly". Which was an optional assembly in the auditorium and it cost 50 cents. Everybody was saying it was a band out of Austin so we all went. It was ZZ Top. Nobody had ever heard of them. It was obvious they were going to be well-known soon. Which brings me to the best concert I've been to. It was the following summer ('72) at Texas Stadium and it was The Almann Bros, Joe Walsh, and ZZ Top.

44INAROW
05-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Just had a flashback..... totally forgot one.........
hottest day of the year - middle of August 1973
Jeppesen Stadium - aka U of Houston Stadium

Savoy Brown (Tell Momma off of Street Corner Talking)
Blue Oyster Cult
Wishbone Ash
ZZ Top
and somebody else but I forgot.. Maybe Humble Pie.. no wait - it was Canned Heat..........
(i got in trouble that day too lol)

trojandad
05-23-2011, 12:08 PM
i heard steely dan along with about 50 people recording in a sound stage at UH in the late 70's.....rare because they didnt tour, were only a studio band from 74 to 93....also heard the carpenters at shsu before karen died, sad.....they had cubby (obrien), one of the original mouseketeers, as a drummer, pretty good, too, but karen played circles around him on the drums.....she did "wipeout" better than ron wilson of the "surfaris"......<theres a name that'll clear some cobwebs>.....lol

Buckeye1980
05-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by westcoast54
Springsteen at the Cotton Bowl in 85. Played for four and a half hours.

Yeah...That one , I was there too.....

And Van Halen (the original) at Reunion Arena in June 1984. On the way home going through Winona , Texas me and my girl at the time drove up on the car accident that claimed the life of David Overstreet (Big Sandy Wildcats, OU Sooners, and Miami Dolphons)

Buckeye1980
05-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33
My wife and I go almost every year to see/hear Michael Martin Murphy's Cowboy Christmas at Bass Performance Hall in Ft Worth. We love it.

went last year in Longview , that was a great show (And my tickets were free@!)

trojandad
05-26-2011, 03:31 PM
[i]me and my girl at the time drove up on the car accident that claimed the life of David Overstreet (Big Sandy Wildcats, OU Sooners, and Miami Dolphons) [/B]

terribly sad day, both he and lovie smith on those great big sandy teams....we scrimmaged them one year and tyler john tyler with earl the next....talk about two butt whoopins.....:vrycnfsd: