PDA

View Full Version : Columbus @ Sealy?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-25-2003, 10:24 PM
This sould be a pretty good game, will the Cards play clock control to slow down Sealy? What do you think on this one, and whats your prediction?

punt
10-26-2003, 12:32 PM
I can't see the Cards being able to run much on Sealy plus the Cards best game is passing so they will have to pass and that won't eat up much clock. I think Sealy will go for a big win to get tuned up for Bellville.

Sealy 35
Cards 14

ctownqb
10-26-2003, 03:55 PM
I think this game is going to be very close. Sealy's defense is very good against the run but there pass defense is not as good. Columbus does seem to have problems running the ball but they do have a pretty good passing game if u ask me, so i think there offense will do alright. Sealy has a good running game but not much of a passing one and clumbus is good at stopping the run and they have faced many good backs already this season against most of the teams they have played and they have done well at stopping backs with speed. Also if columbus can stop sealys run why would they need to run the clock they have done it against a few teams and they might do it against sealy but right now i dont think they will need to but i will find out monday and yall will find out friday. I usually dont try to predict the scores on games but i will say i think columbus will come out on top.

<small>[ October 26, 2003, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: ctownqb ]</small>

the tigers are back
10-26-2003, 09:06 PM
I see alot of us like to look at past scores and try to put the puzzle together,but i know that columbus just barely got by royal 16 to 13.I also see that sealy beat royal 52 to 14 so what that means nothing.I will say this i respect columbus just like every team we played this year.Look at the game between lagrange@hempstead lagrange won 52 to 7 over hempstead,but sealy only beat hempstead 34 to 7 and sealy beat lagrange 24 to 20.I just hope that sealy don't take columbus to be weak.Last year we beat them 28 to 7 and it should have been a shut out that night.Emeal Andrus had a good game against them last year and i sure hope it's even better than last year game.When he carried the ball 37 times for 228 yards and 3 tds.I just hope that noone gets hurt or injured in this game. wink :D

PAINTBALL
10-26-2003, 09:26 PM
You guys better not post so much or Buck is going to complain and suggest that the name of this site be changed to Sealy Download.

Bellville22
10-27-2003, 04:02 PM
This could be an intriguing matchup. Columbus has defended the run fairly well this year, and has done a good job of eating up the clock on O and keeping opponents' offenses off the field. Andrus had a field day on the Cards last year, so it will be interesting to see if he can repeat. No doubt the Cards will be zeroed in on him, but sometimes that doesn't matter. I was impressed by the push of the Sealy O-line in the Navasota game, and I think that team can move the ball on anyone. Columbus' offense has been struggling this year. They will have a problem running the ball against the Tigers, who have a very aggressive front 7, often times 8. I've heard the Cards can have some success throwing the ball, and I think that is where Sealy is weak, in the secondary. If the Cards can throw with success, they may keep this interesting for a while, but Sealy should have too much for Columbus.

It's Halloween friday, and I think the Tigers might just get caught looking ahead to the Bellville game. Think they'll come out 4-0 in district, but for some reason I think Columbus gives 'em a scare.

Sealy 20
Columbus 13

Tiger Turtle
10-27-2003, 05:11 PM
Ball control is Sealy's game (first drive against Navasota went 82 yards over 7:58) and it all starts with the offensive line. I was surprised at the success they had opening holes against the much bigger Rattler defensive front. Never broke a real long one, but methodically moved the sticks. As the OL goes, so goes the Tiger offense, as a general rule. Andrus is an exceptional back, but without a hole, nobody runs very well.

Brahma73
10-27-2003, 06:31 PM
I've seen both these teams play - C-town several times. I see Columbus being very solid defensively. They conceal their lack of team speed in a very well designed defensive scheme. It is really hard to run on these guys, and they're not letting receivers get behind them either. Althaus is a clock and game managing genius, and if the Tigers want to slow this into a ball management kind of game, this one could be very close. The Cards are starting to show signs of being able to throw a little, but Sealy's pass rush may thwart that effort some. I agree very much w/ B22 on the scoring end. Not much chance Columbus will kick field goals, so the 13 score for them sounds about right. I'm a little afraid Sealy's aggressive O line might wear them down late, and although my heart is with C-Town on this one (since they help pay my bills), I see Sealy putting up 20+, with Emeal getting his 100+. I will be at the game on the red side and I'm looking forward to it!
Good luck Redbirds!

Pudlugger
10-27-2003, 06:31 PM
Tiger Turtle:
Ball control is Sealy's game (first drive against Navasota went 82 yards over 7:58) and it all starts with the offensive line. I was surprised at the success they had opening holes against the much bigger Rattler defensive front. Never broke a real long one, but methodically moved the sticks. As the OL goes, so goes the Tiger offense, as a general rule. Andrus is an exceptional back, but without a hole, nobody runs very well.You're absolutely right TT. Ball control wins games and it begins and ends in the Offensive Line. :cool:

BrahmaMom
10-28-2003, 09:24 AM
I forgot this Friday is Halloween. I have tons of respect for Columbus teams, they play tough and to win every down, could give Sealy a few tricks to contend with. In the end, I have to go with Sealy coming out on top. But I wouldn't put any money on it. Good luck to both teams, be careful out there.

fullhouse
10-28-2003, 12:15 PM
Yep, they're kind of known for their tricks, huh?
My poor kids, this will be their first year to miss Trick or Treating ~ Guess I'll have to make up for it by loading them up with candy for the game.

BrahmaMom
10-28-2003, 12:38 PM
This is a great way to break off the trick-or-treating. I sent the big boys $$$ (what they want more than candy) and will get the younger (they don't like the term "little" any more) a few treats. The Brahma H2Oman in the family has to be ready for the game! Good luck, hope y'all kick it into high gear and show everyone what Sealy is all about!

KL3
10-28-2003, 05:44 PM
I was told Columbus' RB Sciba broke his leg vs. Hempstead and is out for the season.