PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watch Idol last night??

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 10:12 AM
If so...who do you think will make the finale??

I really have no clue!!!

Lauren Alaina?

Scotty McCreery?

Haley Reinhart??

I like all of them!!!

44INAROW
05-19-2011, 10:32 AM
I thought Haley's rendition of Zeppelin's "What is and What Should Never Be" was spot on.. It brought back memories of riding the back roads in the 70's, jamming to Zeppelin - ;) I sure hope she wins it all. How cool was it with her dad playing bass? Too cool!

I think Lauren is good. I am NOT a fan of Howdy Dooty. His facial expressions creep me out.

I can see Haley and Lauren both doing several types of genres/ songs, Scott is a one trick pony, in my opionion.
Can't wait for tonight's show!

Txbroadcaster
05-19-2011, 10:41 AM
I have not watched this week's show yet, but I felt last week they were VERY unfair in how they judged Haley's first song when they gave all the love to James who IMO had be below average and boring( and the vote showed that).

Just seems they dont want Haley to win

Scotty IMO is a one trick pony who I still am amazed lasted longer than Caey and James.

Old Tiger
05-19-2011, 10:42 AM
that dude is the best from what I saw last night...

bobcat1
05-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I thought Haley's rendition of Zeppelin's "What is and What Should Never Be" was spot on.. It brought back memories of riding the back roads in the 70's, jamming to Zeppelin - ;) I sure hope she wins it all. How cool was it with her dad playing bass? Too cool!

I think Lauren is good. I am NOT a fan of Howdy Dooty. His facial expressions creep me out.

I can see Haley and Lauren both doing several types of genres/ songs, Scott is a one trick pony, in my opionion.
Can't wait for tonight's show! I feel exactly the same. I hope it is Lauren and Haley with Haley winning. She just feels the songs she sings. I said last night during the LZ song that the guitarist was no Jimmy Page but afterwards when I learned it was her dad I was impressed!

Scotty does look like Howdy Doody but he more resembles Alfred P. Newman from MAD magazine:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3183/alfredenewman.gif

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm sorry...I have to laugh at everyone that says Scotty is a "one trick pony."

He has stayed true to his county roots and vowed to do just that from the get-go.

No matter who wins, I think Scotty and Lauren will both go on to have big careers in county music.

Haley is different and quirky enough that I can't help pull for her. I think her voice is awesome and so unique.

I really don't care who wins it all. I was shocked when James went home last week....when those 4 were left last week, I decided I didn't care who won, I liked them all!!

Old Tiger
05-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Haley is prettier than Lauren so I hope she wins that battle. Other than that I don't care honestly.

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Haley is prettier than Lauren so I hope she wins that battle. Other than that I don't care honestly.

You are so shallow!!:hand:

Old Tiger
05-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You are so shallow!!:hand: You say shallow...I say honest.

I like her raspyness as well. Yes I just made that word up.

PPHSfan
05-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Watched the TIVO when I got home last night.

Haley was good.

There are guys singing all over beer joints in Texas for a hundred bucks a night that blow Scotty's doors off. I can't believe he is still there.

bobcat1
05-19-2011, 10:58 AM

No matter who wins, I think Scotty and Lauren will both go on to have big careers in county music.

Haley is different and quirky enough that I can't help pull for her. I think her voice is awesome and so unique.

I really don't care who wins it all. I was shocked when James went home last week +1

bobcat1
05-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
You say shallow...I say honest.

I like her raspyness as well. Yes I just made that word up. No you didn't. You just misspelled it. Try raspiness.:p

raider red 2000
05-19-2011, 11:01 AM
did yall see haley fall....nice recovery from it....i was not impressed the zeppelin song...maybe too big for her or something....not sure.....dad was good....he was in it to win it dawg.

I think that Lauren wins it.

Old Tiger
05-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
No you didn't. You just misspelled it. Try raspiness.:p today just aint my day

Bosqueville
05-19-2011, 11:07 AM
Scotty is greatness. If you do not like country then I'm sure you don't care for him.

pancho villa
05-19-2011, 11:16 AM
Ms Villa asked if she could watch Idol last night(in living room on my TV) I told her "get your tail in that bedroom where you belong, and watch your show"

Dogman_1969
05-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Scotty and Lauren in final. Haley has already shown her true colors as being someone who would be very hard to deal with so I think the show is ready to send her on her way. She definately has an attitude and she is full of herself.

Scotty will get the teenage girl votes and the only battle is between Lauren and Haley.

Scotty wins it all.....

STANG RED
05-19-2011, 11:28 AM
I vowed not to watch any more after Pia was voted off, but I broke my vow last night, just because there was nothing better to watch that I could find. Haley was my second choice from day one anyway, and she's my fav of the three left by far. However the other two have really stepped up their game, and have gone much farther than I ever thought they would. It'll be interesting to see how Scotty's voice matures in a few years. His biggest problem though, he's basically a Josh Turner wannabe. We already have a Josh Turner. If he doesnt develop his own style, his career will go flat, as soon as the new wears off and the teenybobs move on to the next thing that grabs their attention. I also hate his facial expressions.

AP Panther Fan
05-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Scotty will get the teenage girl votes and the only battle is between Lauren and Haley.

Scotty wins it all.....

I think that teenage girl vote is a big factor. I like all three remaining, but Scotty is my favorite. Granted, he isn't handsome, but neither is George Strait, Randy Travis, Lyle Lovett or Kenny Chesney.

The blue dress Lauren was wearing last night was just awful.

44INAROW
05-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
The blue dress Lauren was wearing last night was just awful.

I agree on this.. what was she thinking?

Macarthur
05-19-2011, 12:03 PM
I don't get the scotty thing. you can walk the streets of nashville and in 2 hours find a dozen guys as good or better than him.

and sorry, but, he is a one trick pony. he has absolutely no versatility. He is not an artists. he a pretty good country singer - and that is it.

haley gets on my nerves because she is way too full of herself. her doing the zeppelin tune was blasphemous.

Lauren us clearly the most talented of those left. And I can think of several that have been voted off that were more talented than scotty and haley.

this final 3 is far and away the weakest final 3 in the history of AI.

AP Panther Fan
05-19-2011, 12:04 PM
I agree on this.. what was she thinking?

Not sure, it was almost a Glenda - Good Witch of the North - look in blue or a prom dress gone bad.

PPHSfan
05-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
Scotty is greatness. If you do not like country then I'm sure you don't care for him.

I like country. Heck I love country. But Scotty is just not very good. But neither is Trace Adkins, and he has fans. I guess some of us just have better ears.

BwdLion73
05-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Man, quite a lot of diversity in opinions here. Guess we will have to wait and see what the 12 to 16 year olds think. :D

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I like country. Heck I love country. But Scotty is just not very good. But neither is Trace Adkins, and he has fans. I guess some of us just have better ears.

Of course....you are right and everyone else is wrong...as usual!!

Are you sure you aren't my daughter-in-law???:p

bobcat1
05-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Of course....you are right and everyone else is wrong...as usual!!

Are you sure you aren't my daughter-in-law???:p PPHSfan
is a chick?:confused: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cam
05-19-2011, 03:36 PM
All three are talented. But to be honest, I doubt I'll be buying any of their music. If I'm gonna listen to a chick sing, it ain't gonna be any of these idols, or for that matter, Lady Gaga Gaga, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, etc...I like my Tarja from the band Nightwish. These folks are serious musicians...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UztEfwHt14&feature=related

or another foreign band: Leaves' Eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b15yaPYNDRU

runtowin
05-19-2011, 03:42 PM
It should have been James, Lauren, and Pia in that order for the final 3!

Txbroadcaster
05-19-2011, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by runtowin

never understood the Pia love..she was sooo boring imo

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

+1

AP Panther Fan
05-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by runtowin

Well I was relieved that James handled getting the boot as well as he did.

Whew, I bet the Idol producers were a bit worried and had their finger on the "go to commercial" button just in case....

James did a good job on Leno the next night too.

SintonPirateFan
05-19-2011, 04:31 PM
i quit watching after casey was kicked off. but my wife was watching when i got home last night. i sure hope haley wins, just because the judges try to get people to NOT vote for her. scotty is a joke, i'm just glad he learned how to hold the microphone with one hand. lauren is good, and if casey and haley hadn't been on this season, she would have been my favorite. but again, the judges slobber all over her too much.

i WILL say, i'm glad "diary of a mad black woman" and "twitch" are gone.

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan

i WILL say, i'm glad "diary of a mad black woman" and "twitch" are gone.

:eek: :eek:

44INAROW
05-19-2011, 08:00 PM
well, It's Howdy Doody time,...............

Scotty or Lauren..............

I'll be voting via phone, text and internet next week :)

Txbroadcaster
05-19-2011, 08:12 PM
IMO one of the strongest top 10 has become the weakest top 2

BwdLion73
05-19-2011, 08:36 PM
As I said a page back....the 12 to 16 year olds have voted. I can see a big and tearful duo next week.

But they do seem like good kids.:)

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 08:48 PM
well, It's Howdy Doody time,...............

Scotty or Lauren..............

I'll be voting via phone, text and internet next week :)

I may have to watch it live next week and vote too!!

I like them both, but as far as pure raw talent goes, I have to pull for Lauren....plus, it's time for another female winner!!!

My TV was messing up, so my picture wasn't clear, but Haley looked ticked off when the announcement was made!!

BwdLion73
05-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Yep, Haley had a ....'I cant believe it'....look on her face. It actually made me feel better about her being voted off.

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
Yep, Haley had a ....'I cant believe it'....look on her face. It actually made me feel better about her being voted off.

LOL!! The American Idol forums are full of hateful threads right now!!

One girl "cannot quit crying!!"

STANG RED
05-19-2011, 10:38 PM

Maybe you'll understand it a bit better when she outsells the other nine put together. A good handler will have her pumping out gold records very soon.

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Maybe you'll understand it a bit better when she outsells the other nine put together. A good handler will have her pumping out gold records very soon.

I won't care.....I wouldn't buy her album even if she had stayed and won it all. I thought her voice was pretty....but I can't think of anything she sang that I remotely liked!!!

CHS_CG
05-19-2011, 11:13 PM
I just watched tonight's show... This season will be just like the Bo and Carrie season for me.. I like both so much I will be happy with either that win..

On another note, am I the only one who thinks it would be cool to see James, Adam and Steven Tyler do a performance together?

bobcat1
05-19-2011, 11:23 PM
IMO one of the strongest top 10 has become the weakest top 2 Zactly! I could care less who wins now. I kike them both but it is a singing competition, not a popularity contest. Voting is really messed up.

PPHSfan
05-19-2011, 11:27 PM
The only one out of the top ten I would pay to see live is Casey.

The only two since the show began, that I have paid for an album, were Carrie Underwood, and David Cook.

Idol has really sucked this year.

The last two are not very good at all.

Old Tiger
05-20-2011, 12:52 AM
its american idol...you know for the young crowd

not senior citizen idol

PPHSfan
05-20-2011, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Bosqueville

Scotty is NOT Greatness. Scotty can't even spell greatness.

This is greatness. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-T7bCUrfJw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Scotty can't jump start that.

PPHSfan
05-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Case closed.

Txbroadcaster
05-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

wont change my view