They irritate the HECK out of me!!!

:mad: :foul: :foul: :mad:

RoyceTTU
05-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Has anyone ever had one??

:mad: :foul: :foul: :mad:

What's the difference. My wife and daughter both get migrains. The are not fun.

My daughter sees flashing lights and black spots in her vision when it comes on and soon after that begins to vomit. Both are on imatrex now.

GrTigers6
05-19-2011, 10:01 AM
Has anyone ever had one??

:mad: :foul: :foul: :mad: Arent they also called Husbands? :D

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
What's the difference. My wife and daughter both get migrains. The are not fun.

My daughter sees flashing lights and black spots in her vision when it comes on and soon after that begins to vomit. Both are on imatrex now.

It's the flashing lights and black spots WITHOUT the headache. It gets so bad sometimes that I can't see enough to even read. I even pulled over once on the side of the road until it passed because it was affecting my vision so much.

Thank goodness they only last between 15 minutes and an hour......they just annoy the heck out of me when it happens. Had one yesterday afternoon and then again this morning. They are normally about 3-4 months apart...I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

I feel for your wife and daughter....my daughter used to get migraines and is on Imatrex too! Doctor finally isolated that chocolate was the main culprit in her case. Once she cut down on that, they pretty much disappeared. She has a prescription for the Imatrex though and keeps it on hand in case a random one comes on....as they do from time to time.

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Arent they also called Husbands? :D

The more I am on this board, the more I realize how completely awesome my husband is.

He very rarely irritates me!!:)

RoyceTTU
05-19-2011, 10:08 AM
It's the flashing lights and black spots WITHOUT the headache. It gets so bad sometimes that I can't see enough to even read. I even pulled over once on the side of the road until it passed because it was affecting my vision so much.

Thank goodness they only last between 15 minutes and an hour......they just annoy the heck out of me when it happens. Had one yesterday afternoon and then again this morning. They are normally about 3-4 months apart...I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

I feel for your wife and daughter....my daughter used to get migraines and is on Imatrex too! Doctor finally isolated that chocolate was the main culprit in her case. Once she cut down on that, they pretty much disappeared. She has a prescription for the Imatrex though and keeps it on hand in case a random one comes on....as they do from time to time.

Daughter gets the flashing light but it is accompanied with the migrain. Both are not getting them near as bad. My wife is Hypoglycemic, so managing sugar levels poorly will trigger it faster than any. We fear her daughter might be the same but dosn't share all the same symptoms.

They both have some type of nose spray they can take if they catch it fast enough. It seems to supress the problems fast enough.

I also have a black spot in my perefial vision but it is permenant thanks to a working accident. I poked my eye with a screw driver on accident.:eek: I'm just happy that's my only problem.