PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Please Read This.. MODERATOR REQUEST

44INAROW
05-18-2011, 07:41 PM
I have been contacted by several posters about this subject and in light of this week's topics, I thought a public posting would be best instead of contacting people directly.

If you have been sending PM's to someone, taunting them, arguing or trash talking - please stop.

We all have different opinions and that's fine but sometimes, things get out of hand..

thank you :)

LH Panther Mom
05-18-2011, 07:45 PM
^^^^^^^^^

What she said!

sinton66
05-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Some people's CHILDREN just don't know where to draw the line.

Sweetwater Red
05-18-2011, 08:21 PM
If we had mods that would enforce the rules that were set by the board owners this wouldn't
even be an issue. Now I see why p4s and kepdawg gave up.

44INAROW
05-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
If we had mods that would enforce the rules that were set by the board owners this wouldn't
I see what you're saying but (I can't speak for the others) but it's hard to read all the threads and keep up..especially when we are working.. if you see something out of hand, please send a PM.. I would appreciate it :)

LH Panther Mom
05-18-2011, 08:38 PM
I'll be happy to let you have a shot at it! :hand:

44INAROW
05-18-2011, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'll be happy to let you have a shot at it! :hand:

;)

I am signing off for the night, so I hope things don't go "south" lol

Old Tiger
05-18-2011, 09:10 PM
I request that I be a moderator.

TheDOCTORdre
05-18-2011, 09:24 PM
Someone needs to enforce the rule for signature size, 44inarow...:D I should be a mod

Matthew328
05-19-2011, 06:23 AM
Being a mod on a message board may be the most thankless job in the world.....it's a tough gig

bobcat1
05-19-2011, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Being a mod on a message board may be the most thankless job in the world.....it's a tough gig :2thumbsup I'm a mod on 2 other boards and I honestly don't know what ever possessed me to say yes, I will do it. :doh:

Thanks to those that do. Red has been hinting at it for months now. Give a go at it.:2thumbsup

injuredinmelee
05-19-2011, 06:53 AM
hug it out beeches....

Sweetwater Red
05-19-2011, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
.....it's a tough gig

Only if you're too nice or are wanting everyone yo like you.

Sweetwater Red
05-19-2011, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Red has been hinting at it for months now. Give a go at it.:2thumbsup

Ummm...no I haven't. :doh:

RoyceTTU
05-19-2011, 07:19 AM

Less is more in many cases. Ruling with an iron fist will make this board really hoover. I like our Moderators style. Posters are given enough to have fun and moderate when it gets out of hand.

Sweetwater Red
05-19-2011, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
hug it out beeches....

Do you mean like you and Beast are going to do at the SQT in Abilene Saturday?

RoyceTTU
05-19-2011, 07:31 AM

LOL, if only I had special eyes to see that thread :D

GrTigers6
05-19-2011, 07:35 AM
Do you mean like you and Beast are going to do at the SQT in Abilene Saturday? :tmi:
My Eyes, My Eyes!!!!

Matthew328
05-19-2011, 08:10 AM

No its tough because you are always having to be "on" if you have a job and go to work from 8am-5pm and someone posts something crazy at 9am and you don't ge rid of it you called out "where's the mods" "why isn't this deleted?" etc etc....

Trust me on this everyone thinks its not that tough but once you have the job its just a beating.....

bobcat1
05-19-2011, 08:56 AM
Ummm...no I haven't. :doh: ;) :taunt:

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 08:57 AM
:2thumbsup I'm a mod on 2 other boards and I honestly don't know what ever possessed me to say yes, I will do it. :doh:

Thanks to those that do. Red has been hinting at it for months now. Give a go at it.:2thumbsup

I think I am getting ready to "hang it up"....we need a region I mod if I do.....he is more than welcome to take over the thankless babysitting job!!

We are damned if we do and damned if we dont...and frankly, I am tired of all the whiney bunch of cry baby MEN on here!!!

injuredinmelee
05-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Im all about kumba yaaa or however you spell that crap.

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 09:14 AM

Close.......Kumbaya:)

44INAROW
05-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I think I am getting ready to "hang it up"....we need a region I mod if I do.....he is more than welcome to take over the thankless babysitting job!!

We are damned if we do and damned if we dont...and frankly, I am tired of all the whiney bunch of cry baby MEN on here!!!

I hear you sister! we are accused of either trying "kiss someone's butt" or "too heavy handed" can't win for losing :doh:

Sweetwater Red
05-19-2011, 10:06 AM

Cool. But, singing Kumbaya together might be a little over the top. I think
a fist bump would do it.

1st and goal
05-19-2011, 10:34 AM
I appreciate the jobs you all do. I wouldn't want to do it mainly 'cuz of the time it takes. We all know the difference between most of the mean spirited posters and people who are just airing their gripes.

I just don't understand why we can have threads that are all about different parts of human bodies and then a hotly discussed thread about something (coaching/schoolboard) gets shutdown entirely when only a post or 2 needs to be "trimmed".

Thats all. Thank all you mods for the jobs you do!
:kiss: :kiss: :inlove:

I didn't want to come off as too buttsmoochio....

Bosqueville
05-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Sweetwater Red.... What has happened to you? You seem so angry!!

bobcat1
05-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Bosqueville
Sweetwater Red.... What has happened to you? You seem so angry!! I know ... right! Senility???:thinking:

carter08
05-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Make me and Dre and Casey mods. Problems solved. Cha-Ching.

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by carter08

If I remember correctly, we have put guidelines in place for moderators.

At the VERY LEAST, you must be a donating member!!

bobcat1
05-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Make me and Dre and Casey mods. Problems solved. Cha-Ching. :spitlol: :fnypost:

Emerson1
05-19-2011, 02:15 PM
Make bobcat a mod then he can throw out even more names of people with personal information that they don't want known.

carter08
05-19-2011, 03:28 PM
If I remember correctly, we have put guidelines in place for moderators.

At the VERY LEAST, you must be a donating member!!

I am being discriminated against because I am a poor college student?!

http://trostreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Screen-shot-2009-10-23-at-10.04.37-PM-300x106.png

bobcat1
05-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Make bobcat a mod then he can throw out even more names of people with personal information that they don't want known. That wouldn't work at all for you. Just sayin.....

I would decline anyway.

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 03:51 PM

http://trostreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Screen-shot-2009-10-23-at-10.04.37-PM-300x106.png

No....you don't meet the age limit either!!!

Emerson1
05-19-2011, 04:26 PM

I donated $0.50 once and and they sent it back :(

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 04:29 PM
I donated $0.50 once and and they sent it back :(

I can't remember how much we were actually going to get out of it.....but it wasn't 50 cents.

And.....that amount doesn't have any perks to it anyway!

Plus....I know you well enough to know you were just being a smart ass!!

:hand:

TheDOCTORdre
05-19-2011, 05:14 PM
how old do you have to be?

SintonFan
05-19-2011, 06:17 PM
You know I love all that you ladies do!:inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks to all that have sent PM's supporting us mods!!! Y'all are the ones that make it bearable!!:kiss:

SintonFan
05-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Thanks to all that have sent PM's supporting us mods!!! Y'all are the ones that make it bearable!!:kiss:

Do I need to send one in a PM?:confused:

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Do I need to send one in a PM?:confused:

Nah....you know I love ya!!!:kiss:

LH Panther Mom
05-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Are you sending people harrassing, threatening, or nasty pm's? If SOOOO, this thread was for you. If NOT, then what are you complaining about?!?!?! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Sweetwater Red
05-19-2011, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Are you sending people harrassing, threatening, or nasty pm's? If SOOOO, this thread was for you. If NOT, then what are you complaining about?!?!?! :doh: :doh: :doh:

I'll PM you tomorrow LHPM. It's almost impossible to do from my phone. :(

And thanks for PMing me 44IAR rather than throwing a fit. :)

Sweetwater Red
05-19-2011, 07:39 PM
nvm

44INAROW
05-19-2011, 07:42 PM
I was looking for the LIKE button :p

bobcat1
05-19-2011, 07:53 PM
Thanks to all that have sent PM's supporting us mods!!! Y'all are the ones that make it bearable!!:kiss: I didn't send one dangit! Blew a good chance for brownie points!:doh: ;)

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 08:50 PM
I didn't send one dangit! Blew a good chance for brownie points!:doh: ;)

LOL!! It was mainly from "long timers" who have been here since I accepted this "position" who have seen all along what we have had to deal with!!

SintonFan
05-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Nah....you know I love ya!!!:kiss:

lol
Love noticed.:D

One thing that I often see is those that have been ROMMED before and newcomers saying the same thing.
"Bwaaa! You play favorites! Bwaa! You don't like me! Bwaa! I was rommed/robbed again... *sob*"

I do know this. When you meet someone you have met on the internet(from here), and that person turns out to be pretty darned cool, you tend to respect the rules of those that you have met. I am not saying that "my horns" have never come out, but age tends to temper our responses and wisdom tends to make us appreciate our long online friendships. Any online forum is an imperfect way of communication. Some of us tend to use smileys because it conveys what we try to say a little better in this imperfect form of communication.
What you, all the other mods and owners put up with is amazing. Sometimes I think you all like punishment. But, I have met almost all of you and realize that yall are normal and really do LOVE this great community. None of you would put up with all the hazards here if you didn't.

Some of you can call this "brown-nosing" or whatever but that IS how I truly think about those who take care of this board. I do have a lot of history and respect for those in authority. Why not show it?:)

Sweetwater Red
05-19-2011, 09:14 PM
LOL!! It was mainly from "long timers" who have been here since I accepted this "position" who have seen all along what we have had to deal with!!

:bigcry:

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 09:21 PM
:bigcry:

If you have a problem with me, why don't you let me know what it is in a PM, or a facebook message, or a text...or heck, just call me!!

As far as I know, I have never done a damn thing to you!!!

Sweetwater Red
05-19-2011, 09:34 PM
If you have a problem with me, why don't you let me know what it is in a PM, or a facebook message, or a text...or heck, just call me!!

You completely over reacted to what I said and continued to do so all day. Otherwise, I would
have sent you a text at lunch time also. You are taking this way too seriously for an
"Old timer" that was just venting.

SintonFan
05-19-2011, 09:38 PM

It might have been meant for me.:nerd:

Emerson1
05-19-2011, 09:44 PM
lol
Love noticed.:D

One thing that I often see is those that have been ROMMED before and newcomers saying the same thing.
"Bwaaa! You play favorites! Bwaa! You don't like me! Bwaa! I was rommed/robbed again... *sob*"

I do know this. When you meet someone you have met on the internet(from here), and that person turns out to be pretty darned cool, you tend to respect the rules of those that you have met. I am not saying that "my horns" have never come out, but age tends to temper our responses and wisdom tends to make us appreciate our long online friendships. Any online forum is an imperfect way of communication. Some of us tend to use smileys because it conveys what we try to say a little better in this imperfect form of communication.
What you, all the other mods and owners put up with is amazing. Sometimes I think you all like punishment. But, I have met almost all of you and realize that yall are normal and really do LOVE this great community. None of you would put up with all the hazards here if you didn't.

Some of you can call this "brown-nosing" or whatever but that IS how I truly think about those who take care of this board. I do have a lot of history and respect for those in authority. Why not show it?:)
Ranger Mom liked me at one point. Even though I post less then back in the day she doesn't like me :(

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 09:48 PM
Ranger Mom liked me at one point. Even though I post less then back in the day she doesn't like me :(

Kyle, Kyle, Kyle......you know you will always hold a special place in my heart!!!

SintonFan
05-19-2011, 09:49 PM

lol
Tongue in cheek aside...
THAT is not meant to be in any way corrupting.:D

SintonFan
05-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Kyle, Kyle, Kyle......you know you will always hold a special place in my heart!!!

I'd say lower...
like when you get heart burn.:D

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 09:51 PM
I'd say lower...
like when you get heart burn.:D

RANDOM ALERT!!!!

Did PPHSFan used to have that same avatar? Every time I see it, I think of him!!!!

bobcat1
05-19-2011, 09:52 PM
LOL!! It was mainly from "long timers" who have been here since I accepted this "position" who have seen all along what we have had to deal with!! I'm a short timer only been here close to 5 years. It would only take a month to see it if I was Ray Charles. :cool:

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm a short timer only been here close to 5 years. It would only take a month to see it if I was Ray Charles. :cool:

To me, a long timer, is anyone who has been here longer than me!! Who knew me BEFORE I was moderator!!

SintonFan
05-19-2011, 10:02 PM
RANDOM ALERT!!!!

Did PPHSFan used to have that same avatar? Every time I see it, I think of him!!!!

Not even close. He had the one that Einstein was Photoshopped with his tongue sticking out. :nerd:

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 10:04 PM
Not even close. He had the one that Einstein was Photoshopped with with his tongue sticking out. :nerd:

So who is the dude in yours??

SintonFan
05-19-2011, 10:05 PM
So who is the dude in yours??

rofl
The real Einstein.

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 10:09 PM
rofl
The real Einstein.

So that's why it reminds me of him then....it's STILL the same guy!!!!

Don't do this to me....you know how easily my brain tires!!!

Emerson1
05-19-2011, 10:10 PM
Not even close. He had the one that Einstein was Photoshopped with his tongue sticking out. :nerd:
Sans_Couth had it first.

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 10:11 PM
Sans_Couth had it first.

LOL!!! The plot thickens!!!!

SintonFan
05-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Sans_Couth had it first.

Time does fly by.
How uncouth of you.
Now I'm gonna get it!:D

SintonFan
05-19-2011, 10:14 PM
So that's why it reminds me of him then....it's STILL the same guy!!!!

Don't do this to me....you know how easily my brain tires!!!

Sorry...
don't think of it like that. Just realize that your brain "gets sleepy" and everything will work out just fine.:cool:

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 10:18 PM
Sorry...
don't think of it like that. Just realize that your brain "gets sleepy" and everything will work out just fine.:cool:

It IS past my bedtime!!!

I think I have posted more today than I have in the past 2 years!!! At some point today I noticed my post count was 38008, I think I am close to 38080 now!!

SintonFan
05-19-2011, 10:21 PM
It IS past my bedtime!!!

I think I have posted more today than I have in the past 2 years!!! At some point today I noticed my post count was 38008, I think I am close to 38080 now!!

I am severely humbled.
My brain is tired, too.
I can't wait to go home tomorrow to "wake up" my brain and get a good night's rest.:D

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 10:22 PM
I am severely humbled.
My brain is tired, too.
I can't wait to go home tomorrow to "wake up" my brain and get a good night's rest.:D

Is this one of those "read between the lines" post??

SintonFan
05-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Is this one of those "read between the lines" post??

Hopefully tomorrow it'll be one of those "between the post" lines!:D :cool: :clap:

I miss my wife! Haven't seen her since Tuesday! Thank goodness we are moving down to the CC area. More than two years of this long distance crap is about to come to an end.
Bye bye "seperation $e%" and HELLO "angry $e%"! :D

Ranger Mom
05-19-2011, 10:32 PM
Hopefully tomorrow it'll be one of those "between the post" lines!:D :cool: :clap:

I miss my wife! Haven't seen her since Tuesday! Thank goodness we are moving down to the CC area. More than two years of this long distance crap is about to come to an end.
Bye bye "seperation $e%" and HELLO "angry $e%"! :D

It's already been 2 years??? Where have I been???

I have to hand it to you, I couldn't go that long without seeing my husband!!! I don't see how military wives do it!!!

We are bad.....we so Hi-Jacked this thread!!:(

SintonFan
05-19-2011, 10:46 PM
It's already been 2 years??? Where have I been???

I have to hand it to you, I couldn't go that long without seeing my husband!!! I don't see how military wives do it!!!

We are bad.....we so Hi-Jacked this thread!!:(

Well, I DO go home on weekends and have Monday off. But I'm tired of the distance.:mad:

Another reason to admire military families.

Yes, but hopefully yall will forgive me.:cool:

Gni yall!:nerd:

OldBison75
05-20-2011, 06:23 AM
I have no clue what caused this thread, this time, but I do have something to say.

Over the last year or so, there have been numerous times that threads have become downright ugly and nasty. Usually it starts over some silly comment that probably was meant as a smartass comment and was taken as a challenge. It seems that we all are taking the fact that most have never met each other in person, and assuming that everything we read on here is totally a serious statement. I recently had a poster make what I thought was a very insensitive comment on a subject that isvery sensitive to me, and after a PM discussion of the comment, I think we both left satisfied that the problem was solved. I took the comment as a serious injustice to a group of people and the poster was really just poking at the subject to get the very reaction that I had.

It would probably behoove all of us to take the time to take a deep breath and think about the source and the background that led up to the comment before we go off on another poster.

As for the moderators of this board, I challenge anybody to go to any other sports forum on the internet and find a better run board. This board has been more progressive and certainly more civil than any other. Plus, you CAN actually find someone on here most of the time that has good information about other schools and their programs.

The best thing about this forum is the true friendships that have been formed. There are many good people here that care about each other even when they have never met in person. I asked for prayers for my niece awhile back and there were hundreds of prayers that came in on the open forum and by PM that gave alot of peace to myself and my family. For that I thank all of you.

Let me close by saying that I hope football season gets here soon so everybody can argue about how good their team is and get away from arguing about how much better they are than the next poster.

Bosqueville
05-20-2011, 08:20 AM
OldBison75... :clap:

BILLYFRED0000
05-20-2011, 09:53 AM

Yeah what he said.....

trojandad
05-20-2011, 10:34 AM

x 2, big guy.....

CHS_CG
05-20-2011, 10:56 AM
I don't get it, when I joined the board we had problems... mainly the whole jacket thing, but damn people today's board is gotten out of hand.. The mods do just fine and always have. Personally this stupid petty crap is why I don't get on here very much any more, I hate to weed through the CRAP that some people have posted, I don't want to read the smart a.. comments some whinny MAN has posted and I don't get what changed.. Guess it's time to stop visiting again because personally I get enough whinny people at work complaining the PD isn't doing enough here or doing enough there, I DO NOT WANT TO READ IT ON WHAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A FUN MESSAGE BOARD:rolleyes:

pancho villa
05-20-2011, 12:34 PM
I love this board! The only person one here I can't stand I met him and know him and still can't stand him.

Eagle 1
05-20-2011, 02:22 PM

You got that right. There are some serious cry baby men out there.
I'm a mod on two other boards too, and may I add I'm the most hated on one. :D
I use to tell my men in the military, " I'm not here to make friends, I'm here to make soldiers."
I guess it's hard to break old habits.

For what its worth, from one mod to another, you mods do a good job on here.

garciap77
05-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I request that I be a moderator.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/no.gif

:p

garciap77
05-20-2011, 03:21 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/no.gifhttp://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/no.gif

garciap77
05-20-2011, 03:22 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/big-cry.gif

;)

TheDOCTORdre
05-20-2011, 03:34 PM
this thread offends me, I am requesting it be closed or moved

Sweetwater Red
05-20-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I love this board! The only person one here I can't stand I met him and know him and still can't stand him.

Rocket?

garciap77
05-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
this thread offends me, I am requesting it be closed or moved

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/snoopygraduateballoon.gif

bobcat1
05-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I don't get it, when I joined the board we had problems... mainly the whole jacket thing, but damn people today's board is gotten out of hand.. The mods do just fine and always have. Personally this stupid petty crap is why I don't get on here very much any more, I hate to weed through the CRAP that some people have posted, I don't want to read the smart a.. comments some whinny MAN has posted and I don't get what changed.. Guess it's time to stop visiting again because personally I get enough whinny people at work complaining the PD isn't doing enough here or doing enough there, I DO NOT WANT TO READ IT ON WHAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A FUN MESSAGE BOARD:rolleyes: Don't you dare leave. We need you and more like you!

SintonFan
05-22-2011, 07:08 PM
I don't get it, when I joined the board we had problems... mainly the whole jacket thing, but damn people today's board is gotten out of hand.. The mods do just fine and always have. Personally this stupid petty crap is why I don't get on here very much any more, I hate to weed through the CRAP that some people have posted, I don't want to read the smart a.. comments some whinny MAN has posted and I don't get what changed.. Guess it's time to stop visiting again because personally I get enough whinny people at work complaining the PD isn't doing enough here or doing enough there, I DO NOT WANT TO READ IT ON WHAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A FUN MESSAGE BOARD:rolleyes:

T, this is the yearly drama. You have seen it many times. Don't go. :)

Seeing you post this makes me appreciate everything the mods and owners put up with more.

Life goes on...:)

eagles_victory
05-23-2011, 03:14 PM
I don't get it, when I joined the board we had problems... mainly the whole jacket thing, but damn people today's board is gotten out of hand.. The mods do just fine and always have. Personally this stupid petty crap is why I don't get on here very much any more, I hate to weed through the CRAP that some people have posted, I don't want to read the smart a.. comments some whinny MAN has posted and I don't get what changed.. Guess it's time to stop visiting again because personally I get enough whinny people at work complaining the PD isn't doing enough here or doing enough there, I DO NOT WANT TO READ IT ON WHAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A FUN MESSAGE BOARD:rolleyes: OH GOD TALENA ISN"T GETTING ON!!!!! What are we going to do this must be the 3adownlows version of the rapture.

TheDOCTORdre
05-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
OH GOD TALENA ISN"T GETTING ON!!!!! What are we going to do this must be the 3adownlows version of the rapture.

:clap:

Billy_The_Kid
05-28-2011, 05:54 AM
Ill throw my unwanted 2 cents into this one. No im not a newbie and ive been around longer than most realize (under three or four different names now, it would probably surprise some of you if you knew who all ive been)

Quit whining you bunch of babies!

You know the neat thing about reading, its not like someone is screaming into your ear and you cant get away! If you dont like what your reading then STOP READING THE DANG THING! Geez!

The only legitimate complaint Ive read out of this whole thread was the point that there are too many women around! Wait? Did someone actually complain about that or was I just thinking that? JK RM I had to throw that in

I am a mod on a large message board and yes its a pain in the butt sometimes. I would like to think we do a pretty good job. Mainly its simple people, be an adult and if you dont like what someone is saying or sending to you then delete it and be the mature one and ignore!