PDA

View Full Version : Wylie baseball

rholl
05-18-2011, 09:44 AM
So during Wylie Kennedale playoff baseball game, Wylies coach made like 15 pitching changes.....is this his normal handling of pitchers?

NastySlot
05-18-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by rholl
So during Wylie Kennedale playoff baseball game, Wylies coach made like 15 pitching changes.....is this his normal handling of pitchers?

Lucky....15 pitchers...some teams struggle to find one.

rholl
05-18-2011, 11:02 AM
thats the wierd part....I believe the guy that started pitched on four different occasions. A kid would be brought in, pitch to a couple of batters and then be lifted for another. They only used like 4 or maybe 5 different pitchers....but they rotated in like every other inning.

RoyceTTU
05-18-2011, 11:06 AM
I think only the Starting pitcher can re-enter the game as pitcher and it can only happen once. Relief pitchers cannot re-enter the game as pitchers.

I'll see if I can look it up

hollywood
05-18-2011, 11:06 AM
Reminder, A. Wylie is 4A disguised as 3A.

garciap77
05-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
Reminder, A. Wylie is 4A disguised as 3A.

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/u_must_b_kidding.png

:p

RoyceTTU
05-18-2011, 11:12 AM
It looks like the starting pitcher can switch positions and re-enter the pitcher position once per inning. I'm not 100% if this applies to relief pitchers also.

A pitcher, moved to a different defensive position, may return to the mound and pitch again. Two conditions apply.

1. The relief pitcher must face at least one batter (unless he gets injured).
2. The former-pitcher/now-fielder can only leave and return to the mound once per inning.

From the rules:

Rule 3.03 Comment:
A pitcher may change to another position only once during the same inning; e.g. the pitcher will not be allowed to assume a position other than a pitcher more than once in the same inning.

Rule 3.05(b):
If the pitcher is replaced, the substitute pitcher shall pitch to the batter then at bat, or any substitute batter, until such batter is put out or reaches first base, or until the offensive team is put out, unless the substitute pitcher sustains injury or illness which, in the umpire-in-chief’s judgment, incapacitates him for further play as a pitcher.

Rule 8.06
A professional league shall adopt the following rule pertaining to the visit of the manager or coach to the pitcher:
(a) This rule limits the number of trips a manager or coach may make to any one pitcher in any one inning;
(b) A second trip to the same pitcher in the same inning will cause this pitcher’s automatic removal;
(c) The manager or coach is prohibited from making a second visit to the mound while the same batter is at bat, but
(d) if a pinch-hitter is substituted for this batter, the manager or coach may make a second visit to the mound, but must remove the pitcher.

rholl
05-18-2011, 11:14 AM
well Royce..umpire botched if so..

upper20
05-18-2011, 11:15 AM

No, it was not his normal handling of pitchers. Most of the parents/fans had the same understanding as Royce TTU and were not aware that multiple players could return to the mound.

rholl
05-18-2011, 11:15 AM
looks like it was probably called right....bizarro though!!

RoyceTTU
05-18-2011, 11:17 AM
well Royce..umpire botched if so..

The way the rule reads, any pitcher can re-enter as a pitcher as long as they switch defensive positions and it can only happen once per inning.

Thats the way I read it though. This seems like a very tough way for pitchers to get in a groove which is pretty important for most pitchers.

BEAST
05-18-2011, 11:18 AM
Just curious, who won the game? It may have been some sort of strategy. Wondering if it paid off.

BEAST

rholl
05-18-2011, 12:02 PM
that was my thought Royce....I think in only 1 inning did the pitcher that started the inning finish the inning...hard to get in a groove especially if your thought process is "if I'm not perfect I'm coming out"
No strategy didnt work....other team won.

eagles_victory
05-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Reminder, A. Wylie is 4A disguised as 3A. You know what Wylies enrollment is right?

hollywood
05-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/u_must_b_kidding.png

:p
;)

Cheers! Hope you're well GP77!

hollywood
05-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
You know what Wylies enrollment is right?

4A minimum less 1-2 students.

eagles_victory
05-18-2011, 12:18 PM
4A minimum less 1-2 students. -10 to make it look better.

garciap77
05-18-2011, 12:23 PM
;)

Cheers! Hope you're well GP77!

Doing fine! How about you! I'm working on making 1,500 = 900 for this next alignment!:D

;)

garciap77
05-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
-10 to make it look better.

:lies:

BaseballUmp
05-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Did the different wylie pitchers get warm up pitches every time they switched? I would have been pissed back behind the plate lol

rholl
05-18-2011, 12:34 PM
yep..they got their eight

eagles_victory
05-18-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
:lies: Just speaking the truth but everyone knows i LOVE Wylie

injuredinmelee
05-18-2011, 06:12 PM
I am guessing it was to frustrate the Kennedale hitters. Maybe coach knew his team was overmatched and used this to distract. (Kennedale won) I remember the Falfurias coach visiting the mound over and over and over again in a state tourney game against Wylie. It was aggravating.

RoyceTTU
05-19-2011, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I am guessing it was to frustrate the Kennedale hitters. Maybe coach knew his team was overmatched and used this to distract. (Kennedale won) I remember the Falfurias coach visiting the mound over and over and over again in a state tourney game against Wylie. It was aggravating.

you only get 1 free visit per inning. After that you have to make a pitching change each visit. So Falfurias did the same thing against Wylie?

injuredinmelee
05-19-2011, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
you only get 1 free visit per inning. After that you have to make a pitching change each visit. So Falfurias did the same thing against Wylie? I wish I could remember all the details I just remember our side of Disch Faulk buzzing and seeing the old fat guy out there at least once or twice an inning.