PDA

View Full Version : Eye of the Tiger:

Jacket2000
12-15-2001, 11:27 PM
Congrats on Commerce's 4th title game in 6 years. I attended the game and I must say, Tommy Wright is definately the real deal. Unfortunately, I couldnt concentrate on the game due to the obnoxious behavior of the fans that sat close to me. From the lady behind me who kept hitting me in the head with one of those damn clappers that everybody had, to the drunk old man who kept trying to pick a fight with someone, to the constant whinning of the fans(calling for penalities, etc..) after every positive play that Bridgeport got off. I also sat on the Commerce side during the '99 championship game, and I dont remember the fans acting this way. Just kinda curious as to what happened.
J2K

zztop
12-15-2001, 11:36 PM
there was a drunk old man next to you? i bet he was the same one next to us at the lg/giddings game. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/wink.gif
sometimes games like these can drive people to drinking.
zz

eye of the tiger
12-16-2001, 11:15 AM
Sorry for the behavior. I sit close to the band for a couple of reasons. Band parents dont carry those clapper things I hate and the director is a friend of the my family. He was the Santa Claus with the trumpet. There were some bad calls for sure and even the commerce radio announcers said so. I have never ever heard of illegal procedure call against the defense. Booing refs is contagious I think. A few start booing and a lot of people boo and dont even know why they are doing it. I have attended well over a 100 Tiger games in the last 10 years and Friday night was not the normal behavior. I think it was the driving thru the Dallas traffic that got to them. As far as the drunk, I didnt see him, but Commerce police remove guys like that from Memorial Stadium and one guy has been banned from the stadium for his obnoxious behavior. That must have been him. Congrats to the Bridgeport fans and team and most of the Commerce fans and the Tiger players.
Looking forward to La Grange.

Go Tigers

[This message has been edited by eye of the tiger (edited December 16, 2001).]