PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Mavs vs Oklahoma Thunder

Phil C
05-17-2011, 08:54 PM
With 6:42 in the first half it is tied at 37 all. I know Mavs have rest but also rust. I think if they can go in at half fairly close they have a chance to win this game.

Phil C
05-17-2011, 08:58 PM
I just hope the officials aren't a factor in this game.

Farmersfan
05-17-2011, 09:04 PM
Mavs look like a totally different team than what we saw against the Lakers. They better wake up.

eagles_victory
05-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Im netural no bias at all not a huge Mavs fan don't hate them not a huge Thunder fan but don't hate them. But the Thunder have got 3 calls that were just horrible.

Farmersfan
05-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I just hope the officials aren't a factor in this game.

That's two really, really bogus calls on J. Terry. The refs are anticipating fouls on Westbrook and Durant.

Phil C
05-17-2011, 09:18 PM
It is 55 to 48 at halftime in favor of the Mavs. Usually when a team is rusty it takes about the first half to get in rhythm. If they can stay fairly close they have done a good job. The Mavs have done so and even have a 7 point lead. There is still a second half left but I think they have a good chance to take game 1.

Farmersfan
05-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Shawn Marion is single handedly keeping OKC in this game. Why the hell does the Dallas coach keep his in this game. He is worthless..............

eagles_victory
05-17-2011, 09:52 PM
As a Miami fan and a big time LBJ supporter I wish him and Wade could of got some of these calls Durant and Dirk are getting tonight.

Phil C
05-17-2011, 09:52 PM
The Mavs have a slight lead. Rust is no longer a factor now in my opinion. But you have to remember that the Thunder have youth on their side and that could be a factor late in the game or especially if the game goes into OT. We will see.

eagles_victory
05-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Dallas is just better than OKC this is looking like a down year for the Western Conference.

Phil C
05-17-2011, 09:59 PM
If, and this is a big If, Dallas can win this one then game 2 and get at least one of the next two games in Oklahoma I think they have a good chance to make the finals.

Roughneck93
05-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Hey guys,appreciate the updates and insights on tonights game. Unable to watch, pulling the late shift.

eagles_victory
05-17-2011, 10:05 PM
This is getting ridiculous.

Phil C
05-17-2011, 10:14 PM
One quarter left and Dallas is ahead 90 to 79. This game to me is by no means over. I have seen Dallas blow big leads before but of course also Dirk will be coming back into the game which may make a difference. Dallas has outplayed them so far but they must do so for one more quarter.

Phil C
05-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Dallas leads 104 to 93 with 5:35 left in the game. Still time for the Thunder to win and if there is a way to lose the Mavs will find it. Let's hope they keep making the shots.

Farmersfan
05-17-2011, 10:40 PM
I thought this Mavs team was a more mature and intelligent team. All they need is 2 points every trip down the floor and they win this game. But these idiots are launching 3's..................

Phil C
05-17-2011, 10:41 PM
Mavs finding a way to possibly blow it as with 2:35 left it is Mavs 108 Thunder 101. It is not looking good. Mavs better make baskets. This is not a surprise as they have done this so much in the past. If Mavs blow this one they will not win this series in my opinion. Durrant has killed them with his play and free throws.

eagles_victory
05-17-2011, 10:46 PM
If the games continue to be officiated this way the Mavericks will win the NBA Championship if you can't crowd Dirk and get physical with him he is almost impossible to stop.

Phil C
05-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Dallas has pulled ahead again 114 to 104 with 1:42 left. Come on Mavs! Hang on!

rangerjim60
05-17-2011, 10:57 PM
One down - 7 to go

coach
Originally posted by eagles_victory
As a Miami fan and a big time LBJ supporter I wish him and Wade could of got some of these calls Durant and Dirk are getting tonight.

wade has been getting these calls his entire career

coach
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I thought this Mavs team was a more mature and intelligent team. All they need is 2 points every trip down the floor and they win this game. But these idiots are launching 3's..................

shut up...you have NO idea what you are talking about

Phil C
05-17-2011, 10:58 PM
A good win by the Mavs with the final 121 to 112. They let the Thunder hang around a little longer than I would have liked but they pulled it out. A splindid game by Dirk with Barrera and Terry playing good too.

coach
05-17-2011, 10:59 PM
If the games continue to be officiated this way the Mavericks will win the NBA Championship if you can't crowd Dirk and get physical with him he is almost impossible to stop.

they were hacking dirk all over the place...hell the thunder had 43 free throws to mavs 36

eagles_victory
05-17-2011, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by coach
they were hacking dirk all over the place...hell the thunder had 43 free throws to mavs 36 They got about 8 they shouldnt of got but they were attacking the rim most of the night.

coach
05-17-2011, 11:37 PM
durant is not strong enough to guard him therefore he was placing two hands on dirks back and or reaching all night....those were legit fouls. it does not matter if he is going to the basket or not. ill say that there was way too many foul shots in this game, but to act like it was only dallas benefiting from the officiating is just plane dumb

eagles_victory
05-17-2011, 11:40 PM
durant is not strong enough to guard him therefore he was placing two hands on dirks back and or reaching all night....those were legit fouls. it does not matter if he is going to the basket or not. ill say that there was way too many foul shots in this game, but to act like it was only dallas benefiting from the officiating is just plane dumb By that logic Shaq should of shot free throws everytime he touched the ball in his career. I never said OKC didnt get calls I can't stand to watch them play because the calls Durant gets esp that "swing through" move.

coach
05-17-2011, 11:48 PM
By that logic Shaq should of shot free throws everytime he touched the ball in his career. I never said OKC didnt get calls I can't stand to watch them play because the calls Durant gets esp that "swing through" move.

im sure the league will review this and the free throws will go down quite a bit in game 2. if not this will be a long boring series

Farmersfan
05-18-2011, 05:54 AM
shut up...you have NO idea what you are talking about

Everybody on the forum except you expected the Mavs to give up the lead and lose this game based on past experiences. And I've already forgotten more about basketball than YOU will ever know. So "shut up" you!!!! :p :p

Farmersfan
05-18-2011, 05:57 AM
By that logic Shaq should of shot free throws everytime he touched the ball in his career. I never said OKC didnt get calls I can't stand to watch them play because the calls Durant gets esp that "swing through" move.

The only way OKC could hang with Dirk is if they are allowed to get very physical. But isn't that also true about Westbrook and Durant? The Mavs were being called for so many phantom calls or just very ticky tack calls against Durant.

BEAST
05-18-2011, 09:10 AM
For those who said Dirk isnt in the top level of NBA players, Magic Johnson think otherwise. I submit last nights game as proof of the kind of player he is.

48 Points
24-24 Free throws (NBA Playoff Record)
6 Rebounds
4 Assists
4 Blocked Shots.

Pretty good performance to me.

BEAST

Farmersfan
05-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
For those who said Dirk isnt in the top level of NBA players, Magic Johnson think otherwise. I submit last nights game as proof of the kind of player he is.

48 Points
24-24 Free throws (NBA Playoff Record)
6 Rebounds
4 Assists
4 Blocked Shots.

Pretty good performance to me.

BEAST

He is certainly shutting up a bunch of us naysayers!!!! Keep it up Dirk! I don't mind eating crow if he continues to play like this. But be warned, I didn't call him the Disappearing Dutchmen for years for no reason!!!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
05-18-2011, 10:06 AM
He is certainly shutting up a bunch of us naysayers!!!! Keep it up Dirk! I don't mind eating crow if he continues to play like this. But be warned, I didn't call him the Disappearing Dutchmen for years for no reason!!!!!!!

and this is the problem...a player can have 10 great games then one bad one and you will say see he failed. Even if Dallas is elimnated in the next 4 games Dirk has proven his place

coach
05-18-2011, 11:47 AM
Everybody on the forum except you expected the Mavs to give up the lead and lose this game based on past experiences. And I've already forgotten more about basketball than YOU will ever know. So "shut up" you!!!! :p :p

if you mean everybody bc phil c said it lol...they were not blowing it. okc made a very small run and terrry hit a great shot to end it. thats how basketball is played...a wide open 3 is better than a contested 2.

eagles_victory
05-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Dallas is just better than OKC I had Dallas in 6 before the series but now I think it might be 5 or a sweep OKC isn't good enough on defense.

Farmersfan
05-18-2011, 12:07 PM
if you mean everybody bc phil c said it lol...they were not blowing it. okc made a very small run and terrry hit a great shot to end it. thats how basketball is played...a wide open 3 is better than a contested 2.

And what if Terry misses that 3-pointer right as the Thunder are on a big push to get the lead down to 6 points? Normally the 3-point shot will drop about 35% of the time (on a good night). A drive to the basket will result in 2 points 40% to 50% of the time or a foul will happen about 75% of the time. Even YOU should see which choice should be made when the momentum has swung to the other team and they are making a big push. It worked out last night but you now have the benefit of hindsight. If the Thunder had completed the comeback and won the game then 90% of the population would be saying today they are idiots for taking 3 point shots when trying to protect the lead. I simply said it before it happened. Give me a break once!

Farmersfan
05-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
and this is the problem...a player can have 10 great games then one bad one and you will say see he failed. Even if Dallas is elimnated in the next 4 games Dirk has proven his place

It's only a problem with you TXB! You are the one who seems to have taken on the task of fixing the world..................... :D

RoyceTTU
05-18-2011, 12:10 PM
And what if Terry misses that 3-pointer right as the Thunder are on a big push to get the lead down to 6 points? Normally the 3-point shot will drop about 35% of the time (on a good night). A drive to the basket will result in 2 points 40% to 50% of the time or a foul will happen about 75% of the time. Even YOU should see which choice should be made when the momentum has swung to the other team and they are making a big push. It worked out last night but you now have the benefit of hindsight. If the Thunder had completed the comeback and won the game then 90% of the population would be saying today they are idiots for taking 3 point shots when trying to protect the lead. I simply said it before it happened. Give me a break once!

I'm not a big NBA follower but I do keep track. I would put Terry's chances well above 35% for an uncontested 3 pointer. The 35% is weighed down by contested 3's and also 3's being shot because of the time clock. Uncontested > Contested no matter how you shack it in my book. JMHO

eagles_victory
05-18-2011, 12:10 PM
And what if Terry misses that 3-pointer right as the Thunder are on a big push to get the lead down to 6 points? Normally the 3-point shot will drop about 35% of the time (on a good night). A drive to the basket will result in 2 points 40% to 50% of the time or a foul will happen about 75% of the time. Even YOU should see which choice should be made when the momentum has swung to the other team and they are making a big push. It worked out last night but you now have the benefit of hindsight. If the Thunder had completed the comeback and won the game then 90% of the population would be saying today they are idiots for taking 3 point shots when trying to protect the lead. I simply said it before it happened. Give me a break once! That is basketball when someone drives and you have a wide open 3 you take the shot. You dance with the girl that brought you here and that is the 3 point shot. Drive and kick and take an outside shot is what the Mavericks do it is who they are. Take a contested 2 or a wide open 3 from a 3 point shooter who just went 9 for 10 last game? Hmm don't think that is a bad shot.

RoyceTTU
05-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Dallas is just better than OKC I had Dallas in 6 before the series but now I think it might be 5 or a sweep OKC isn't good enough on defense.

I hope they finish fast. This teams needs all the rest they can get. Lots of brittle bones on this Mavs team.

Farmersfan
05-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I'm not a big NBA follower but I do keep track. I would put Terry's chances well above 35% for an uncontested 3 pointer. The 35% is weighed down by contested 3's and also 3's being shot because of the time clock. Uncontested > Contested no matter how you shack it in my book. JMHO

This is true. But it wasnt' uncontested and certainly wasn't wide open. Westbrook missed blocking it by about 6 inches. it was a great shot without a doubt but Jason Terry is a 36% 3pt shooter on the season.

eagles_victory
05-18-2011, 12:16 PM
This is true. But it wasnt' uncontested and certainly wasn't wide open. Westbrook missed blocking it by about 6 inches. it was a great shot without a doubt but Jason Terry is a 36% 3pt shooter on the season. That is a wide open shot in the NBA. Your not going to get a standstill jumpshot in the NBA playoffs.

Farmersfan
05-18-2011, 12:24 PM
That is a wide open shot in the NBA. Your not going to get a standstill jumpshot in the NBA playoffs.

Except against the Lakers when the Mavs shot 60%! :D :D

99IHSMustang
05-18-2011, 12:28 PM
That is a wide open shot in the NBA. Your not going to get a standstill jumpshot in the NBA playoffs.

That is not what I saw when Dallas was playing LA. Half of Dallas's 3's were standstill jumpshots.

eagles_victory
05-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
That is not what I saw when Dallas was playing LA. Half of Dallas's 3's were standstill jumpshots. Lakers didn't even show up for game 4. Point is Terry shot a wide open shot last night for a great shooter that is wide open people are always going to be running at you.

Farmersfan
05-18-2011, 03:46 PM
Lakers didn't even show up for game 4. Point is Terry shot a wide open shot last night for a great shooter that is wide open people are always going to be running at you.

Great shot and a great play for Dallas for sure. But if Terry had missed it and the Thunder score on the other end to pull within 4 and end up winning the game EVERYONE would be grilling the Mavs today for their unintelligent play going down the stretch.

BTW: How does everyone see game 2 going? Dallas winning by a bigger margin, closer game or a OKC win?
I predict another 10+ point win for Dallas. I think they got a lot of confidence in that first game and I also think OKC now has doubts and will likly try to double Dirk which will give Terry and the others much better looks at the 3's. If they are falling the Mavs run away with it.

eagles_victory
05-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Great shot and a great play for Dallas for sure. But if Terry had missed it and the Thunder score on the other end to pull within 4 and end up winning the game EVERYONE would be grilling the Mavs today for their unintelligent play going down the stretch.

BTW: How does everyone see game 2 going? Dallas winning by a bigger margin, closer game or a OKC win?
I predict another 10+ point win for Dallas. I think they got a lot of confidence in that first game and I also think OKC now has doubts and will likly try to double Dirk which will give Terry and the others much better looks at the 3's. If they are falling the Mavs run away with it. Mavs win a similiar style game.

Txbroadcaster
05-18-2011, 03:49 PM

Of course it is always easy to play the what if game

Bullaholic
05-18-2011, 03:58 PM

I think Farmer likes to "wheel the field", TxB.....:D

Phil C
05-18-2011, 04:47 PM
It was a great win for the Mavs. I knew all along they would pull this one out and of course I was right as usual.

TheDOCTORdre
05-18-2011, 05:37 PM
Thunder will take Game 2

eagles_victory
05-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Thunder will take Game 2 Dallas is clearly head and shoulders a better team. They will win the series easy.

Farmersfan
05-18-2011, 06:05 PM

Seems to be the only game in town these days TXB!

TheDOCTORdre
05-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Dallas is clearly head and shoulders a better team. They will win the series easy.

everyone is entitled to be wrong, so I'll let you have this until the Thunder prove you wrong

Phil C
05-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Unfortunately Game 2 will be different and the Thunder will take it.

Emerson1
05-18-2011, 11:47 PM
Wouldn't be shocked if Dallas lost game 2. They are on a 7 game win streak which is pretty unheard of in the playoffs. Dirk going for 40 again is more likely then Durant doing it though. So I like the Mavs' chances.

SintonFan
05-18-2011, 11:50 PM
Go Mavs Go!

waterboy
05-19-2011, 09:09 AM
The Mavericks are a hungry team, and Dirk will not be denied. I think the Mavs take Game 2 tonight. It may not be easy, but they will win it nonetheless. This Mavs team has more offensive options than any other team in the NBA, and by far the best bench. The defense will have to step it up in Game 2, and I think they will. I know Durant will get his points, but if Westbrook doesn't get going offensively the Thunder will be in trouble for sure.