PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help

Be_Advised
05-17-2011, 06:10 PM
Robstown will be playing in Cuero this weekend. What are my options on places to stay overnight on Friday? Could you also point me to a few good places to eat.

Thanks

Be_Advised
05-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Do any of the Cuero Gobbler baseball followers have any pics of the ballpark?

44INAROW
05-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Be_Advised
Do any of the Cuero Gobbler baseball followers have any pics of the ballpark?

if I can get a chance tomorrow, I'll go shoot some pics and post.. It is located right off Highway 87 coming in from Victoria.. close to the high school and Wal Mart. the stadium and the field are very nice,, unique situation - a group of parents maintain the field/grounds -have, for about 4 years now.. not the school. they completely redid the field, built the fence, batting cages, etc. Pretty sure they'll have grilled burgers for sale.. with candy and sodas. plenty of parking.. Unfortunately - hotel rooms are few and far between with the oilfield guys bombarding Cuero. Victoria is your best bet - only 25 mins away. Also - eating establishments on Saturday are scarce.. BUT - there is a guy that has a "food trailer" parked across the street from the field and he sells BBQ chicken, brisket, ribs and fried fish, shrimp with FF... It's called MO' BETTER FOOD... pretty good. I'll see what his hours will be this weekend..

Be_Advised
05-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the insight 44

Be_Advised
05-21-2011, 09:06 PM
I want to give a thank you to the people of Cuero, for hosting us on their ballpark this weekend. It is beyond words on how hospitable the people working the concession stand were. Once again thank you to every involved with running the facility.

44INAROW
05-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Be_Advised
I want to give a thank you to the people of Cuero, for hosting us on their ballpark this weekend. It is beyond words on how hospitable the people working the concession stand were. Once again thank you to every involved with running the facility.
I am glad you had a good experience here.. I wasn't at the games, but my husband and youngest son went. I'll tell the ladies working the concession stand what you said.. :) They work their butts off as well as the men on the field.. Good Luck on the next round.. any chance for another Cuero venue?