PDA

View Full Version : If You're Old Enough to break the law...

eagles_victory
05-17-2011, 01:35 PM
You're old enough to have your name mentioned.

RoyceTTU
05-17-2011, 01:40 PM
:1popcorn:

OLE'BULL
05-17-2011, 01:41 PM
If you're referring to the Rockdale thread, I would like to clarify my position. I WAS NOT being derogatory, I was just stating my opinion on the issue. He has some issues that need to be addressed and until they are, I dont think it would be in his best interest to go on and play college football. Once in college, especially as an athlete, and more so as a football player, the temptations only increase and until one is mature enough to balance that lifestyle and stay on the right path, they are better off working on themselves...

eagles_victory
05-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
If you're referring to the Rockdale thread, I would like to clarify my position. I WAS NOT being derogatory, I was just stating my opinion on the issue. He has some issues that need to be addressed and until they are, I dont think it would be in his best interest to go on and play college football. Once in college, especially as an athlete, and more so as a football player, the temptations only increase and until one is mature enough to balance that lifestyle and stay on the right path, they are better off working on themselves... I wasn't talking about you I was talking about closing the thread because he is a student athlete. He is more than old enough to know right from wrong and when you don't know how to act consequences go with that.

Old Tiger
05-17-2011, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I wasn't talking about you I was talking about closing the thread because he is a student athlete. He is more than old enough to know right from wrong and when you don't know how to act consequences go with that. Technically he is probably just a student and he isn't really a student anyway because he is in AEP.

OLE'BULL
05-17-2011, 01:49 PM
I wasn't talking about you I was talking about closing the thread because he is a student athlete. He is more than old enough to know right from wrong and when you don't know how to act consequences go with that.

Ya I know you weren't talking about me, just wanted to make sure we were on the same page as far as the thread went. Not exactly sure why it got closed, hopefully not because of me. I think these issues are great for an open discussion, derogatory or not. Though I wasn't trying to be. I was more so trying to turn it in to a football related issue since he had the option to go play at more than a couple major programs.

Ranger Mom
05-17-2011, 01:51 PM
You're old enough to have your name mentioned.

Don't kill the messenger. Someone sends a PM, I have to look into it.

The rules on this aren't any different than they have ever been, and..... I actually agree with you.

Ranger Mom
05-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by OLE'BULL
Ya I know you weren't talking about me, just wanted to make sure we were on the same page as far as the thread went. Not exactly sure why it got closed, hopefully not because of me. I think these issues are great for an open discussion, derogatory or not. Though I wasn't trying to be. I was more so trying to turn it in to a football related issue since he had the option to go play at more than a couple major programs.

It wasn't closed because of anything anybody said.

It was closed because we have a rule against talking about student athletes .... unless it is something positive.

Had I not received a "heads up"....it would have probably been a non-issue with me, as I hadn't read the thread anyway!!!!

waterboy
05-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

It was closed because we have a rule against talking about student athletes .... unless it is something positive.

Had I not received a "heads up"....it would have probably been a non-issue with me, as I hadn't read the thread anyway!!!!
While I agree the kid has/had it coming, rules are rules. Good job on making it disappear, RM.:clap:

OLE'BULL
05-17-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Fair enough... Thought it would have been an interesting topic of discussion is all

eagles_victory
05-17-2011, 02:16 PM
Rules are rule if you are going by word for word what the rule is and not by the spirit of the rule. The spirit of the rule is to keep people from bashing kids perfromances and things theydo on the field. This has nothing to do with a kid being an athlete or a student this has to do with him breaking the law.

Ranger Mom
05-17-2011, 02:36 PM
Rules are rule if you are going by word for word what the rule is and not by the spirit of the rule. The spirit of the rule is to keep people from bashing kids perfromances and things theydo on the field. This has nothing to do with a kid being an athlete or a student this has to do with him breaking the law.

All I can do is go by what we have done in the past when this issue came up....and that is what we did - moved/closed the thread.

Personally, I think he deserves all the bashing he gets!!