PDA

View Full Version : Anybody out there ever get PVC's?

Cam
05-17-2011, 12:29 PM
PVC's - premature ventricular contractions. Feels like a heart skip and annoying as hell for those who can feel them. I'm one of em'. First had episode 7 years ago then mysteriously disappeared. Cardio guy said they're mostly harmless. Well, I'm gettin' em again. Some say stress can cause em'....which might explain mine. I've been so stressed about what my next topic on the Downlow is gonna be I can't sleep at nights! Anyway, just wonderin' if anyone out there has ever experienced these PVC's and what you did about em'.......I just turned a very handsome grayless-hair 50..lol..(right GreenDawg?) and maybe my heart is just startin' to get plain tired......That last line reminded me of a high school buddy who, if you messed with him and he became aggravated, would say, "YOU MUST BE TIRED OF LIVING!" His other favorite line was, "YOU'RE MESSIN' WITH DEATH!" All bluffs of course......

BILLYFRED0000
05-17-2011, 12:53 PM
I have had something similar and it is usually when I am not sleeping well or very poorly in conjunction with stress. Most of us do not sleep nearly as well as we think and stress hits harder then. excercise helps.

Cam
05-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I have had something similar and it is usually when I am not sleeping well or very poorly in conjunction with stress. Most of us do not sleep nearly as well as we think and stress hits harder then. excercise helps.

How long did you experience them and how many (approx.) did you get per minute? I can feel mine in my chest but more in my throat area. Very annoying....

Ranger Mom
05-17-2011, 01:10 PM
PVC is what we used to run our new sprinkler lines!!:D :D

Cam
05-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
PVC is what we used to run our new sprinkler lines!!:D :D

yep...it's funny how the term is always used for some sort of liquid flow......
RM....you're just stirrin' up trouble aren't you? I must just start callin' you TROUBLE II.. I nicknamed our secretary TROUBLE cause that's all she's causin' round here....but, still couldn't live without her....:D

BILLYFRED0000
05-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Cam
How long did you experience them and how many (approx.) did you get per minute? I can feel mine in my chest but more in my throat area. Very annoying....

Mine were sporadic. I could feel them more in my chest but some in my throat. I found deep breathing for a few minutes helpful.
to me they are annoying more than anything else. I do not have them at all if i am resting well and excercising some. My doc says as long as my bp is good it should not be a problem.

CenTexSports
05-17-2011, 01:44 PM
My wife has had them for several years. They are very painful to her and sometimes very frequent. She takes a Beta-blocker for it.

Cam
05-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
Mine were sporadic. I could feel them more in my chest but some in my throat. I found deep breathing for a few minutes helpful.
to me they are annoying more than anything else. I do not have them at all if i am resting well and excercising some. My doc says as long as my bp is good it should not be a problem.

Sounds like you and I have had similar bouts. I've got Dr. appt. tomorrow. I'm sure they'll run all the tests to be safe. It's get naked for the Dr. time....well maybe not...but that's why my docs have always been females....which reminds me of a limerick....

The ol' hearts actin' up I think it's tellin' me so,
Think it wants more sex to help the ol' blood flow.
So I'm tellin' my wife it's what the Dr. ordered,
If she catches me lyin' I'm gonna get neutered!
"I swear honey it's 6 times per week & occasional blow"....

sahen
05-17-2011, 03:26 PM
i have a lot of problems with chest pains and all and they cant ever find what is wrong with me...though this one pill that relaxes my stomach seems to help me...they think my esophagus has spasms, go figure...feels like a heart attack and have been to the ER 4 times thinking as much (and im only 26...been going on for 3 years)....i have good days and bad, but never a day goes by where i dont have some type of pain or discomfort go through my chest...

greendawg84
05-17-2011, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Cam
PVC's - premature ventricular contractions. Feels like a heart skip and annoying as hell for those who can feel them. I'm one of em'. First had episode 7 years ago then mysteriously disappeared. Cardio guy said they're mostly harmless. Well, I'm gettin' em again. Some say stress can cause em'....which might explain mine. I've been so stressed about what my next topic on the Downlow is gonna be I can't sleep at nights! Anyway, just wonderin' if anyone out there has ever experienced these PVC's and what you did about em'.......I just turned a very handsome grayless-hair 50..lol..(right GreenDawg?) and maybe my heart is just startin' to get plain tired......That last line reminded me of a high school buddy who, if you messed with him and he became aggravated, would say, "YOU MUST BE TIRED OF LIVING!" His other favorite line was, "YOU'RE MESSIN' WITH DEATH!" All bluffs of course......

What kind of formula do you use to keep that hair that color anyway.....

Cam
05-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by greendawg84
What kind of formula do you use to keep that hair that color anyway.....

none whatsoever! But when the gray starts comin', I ain't changin' a thing.......which brings me to a limerick....

When the hair on my head turns gray,
That's just how it's gonna stay.
But when colors start changin' in the groin,
To the hair section at HEB I'll be goin'.
Or there's a product for that sold by Mary Kay.....