PDA

View Full Version : Columbia vs. sinton rivalry

necks88
05-16-2011, 11:56 AM
This is becoming a big rivalry between these two and I have to say as a necks fan we couldn't ask for a classier bunch to have a rivalry with. Don't worry Sweeny you are still public enemy #1. lol

pirate4state
05-16-2011, 12:02 PM
lol

It should be a fun series. Can't wait until we find out when & where!!!

Roughneck93
05-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by necks88
This is becoming a big rivalry between these two and I have to say as a necks fan we couldn't ask for a classier bunch to have a rivalry with. Don't worry Sweeny you are still public enemy #1. lol

True. If were are playing Sinton, it usually means that both teams have made the playoffs. Great community over there in Sinton, love that baseball field.

Necked
05-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Enjoy it while you can, as the UIL seems to love flipping Columbia back & forth between region III & IV every realignment...

Roughneck93
05-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Necked
Enjoy it while you can, as the UIL seems to love flipping Columbia back & forth between region III & IV every realignment...

Yup. Seems like it happens during every realignment year. We sit right on that border.

SHSBulldog00
05-16-2011, 09:11 PM

Sweeny can be the in district rival and Sinton can be the out of district rival. There's nothing against that.

SintonFan
05-17-2011, 08:47 AM
What kinda record does the 'Necks have?

baseballcoach13
05-17-2011, 08:57 AM
19-8

SintonFan
05-17-2011, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by baseballcoach13
19-8

Wow!
:eek:
:2thumbsup

scrub c
05-17-2011, 10:34 AM
Rivalry?

how many games have the two schools played against each other?

maybe I don't understand what a rivalry is...

pirate4state
05-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by scrub c
Rivalry?

maybe I don't understand what a rivalry is...

LOL I didn't get it either, but played along. :D

Yall beat us in softball way back in '05 (I think) and then just a few months ago in football.

I think those are the only times we have faced yall, but I could be wrong.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Rivalry?

maybe I don't understand what a rivalry is... 2006 Sinton and West Columbia made it to Region semi finals, but West Columbia lost to Falfurrias so they didnt face each other in Region final. So this should be the first meeting in baseball.

Roughneck93
05-17-2011, 11:50 AM
Not so much a rivalry now but maybe the start of one. It would take some years and that's if the UIL keeps us in Region 4 after realignment.

Saggy Aggie
05-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Rivalry?

maybe I don't understand what a rivalry is... +1

SHSBulldog00
05-17-2011, 07:19 PM
Usually a rivalry is based on each opponent winning at least once every four years. There are exceptions.:)

sinton66
05-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Sinton vs. West Columbia Area Baseball Play-off
Victoria Riverside 7:30 Friday
Hallettsville 2:00 Saturday, gm. 3 if needed

necks88
05-18-2011, 04:10 AM
I didn't realize that I was going to bring out all the statatitions with this post , all I was trying to say is these two schools seem to have semilar atheletic programs and tend to watch up well against each other. I didn't realize you had to have hundreds of years of history against someone before it can be a rivalry.

baseballcoach13
05-18-2011, 08:19 AM
I could handle going to Sinton anytime....Best concesson stand EVER!!! Saturday morning my weak continental breakfast had worn off before game time and I got the Brisket taco....WOW was it good. All I could think of is how Pancho would have loved that taco and at least three more.

Phil C
05-18-2011, 08:34 AM
I could handle going to Sinton anytime....Best concesson stand EVER!!! Saturday morning my weak continental breakfast had worn off before game time and I got the Brisket taco....WOW was it good. All I could think of is how Pancho would have loved that taco and at least three more.

Coach unfortunately Sinton only has those tacos at football games - not other events. :(

baseballcoach13
05-18-2011, 08:37 AM
I respectfully disagree...they had them friday night and a few left over for breakfast Saturday monring. I had to smell the smoke from the pit as we were hitting in the cages Friday.

pirate4state
05-18-2011, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Coach unfortunately Sinton only has those tacos at football games - not other events. :( Where you been Phil? We've been selling fajita tacos this spring. The brisket might have been a new item this past weekend. We also have sausage wraps and hot dogs, plus all the other usual suspects. We have a GREAT concession stand!!

Phil C
05-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Where you been Phil? We've been selling fajita tacos this spring. The brisket might have been a new item this past weekend. We also have sausage wraps and hot dogs, plus all the other usual suspects. We have a GREAT concession stand!!

I agree except for the frajitas. Whenever I went there nada de frajitas but the rest yes. Even so it is a great concession stand.

Phil C
05-18-2011, 10:44 AM
I won't be able to make any of the games but Go Pirates!

And both sides have safe and enjoyable trips to the game. I would have especially have liked to have meant some of the friends from Columbia. May be next time.

SintonPirateFan
05-18-2011, 11:05 AM
I didn't realize that I was going to bring out all the statatitions with this post , all I was trying to say is these two schools seem to have semilar atheletic programs and tend to watch up well against each other. I didn't realize you had to have hundreds of years of history against someone before it can be a rivalry.

i knew what you meant. i havent been on here since football season, but when i saw we were playing wc i had to come see what the trash talkers had to say. :)

raider red 2000
05-18-2011, 11:14 AM

i was at softball on friday night and sat am there in sinton.

the sausage looked great.....but i knew i was headed to butter churn after the game....so i didnt have one of the sausage wraps.

Phil C
05-18-2011, 11:16 AM
Sinton and West Columbia played a great softball game a few years ago with the winner advancing to state and West Columbia won a great game 3-2. West Columbia went on to win State easily and I remember pming BBDE and we both agreed that the "real" state championship game was when Sinton and West Columbia played.

baseballcoach13
05-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Have I mentioned how fast our baseball team is? LMAO.

#1 has done what we call the double steal three times this year....not the ordinary double steal you are thinking of...he steals second and third on the same pitch. he got caught once in a game when he tried it the second time and the catcher was wise and just threw it to third. it was still very close though.

SintonFan_inAustin
05-18-2011, 12:28 PM

#1 has done what we call the double steal three times this year....not the ordinary double steal you are thinking of...he steals second and third on the same pitch. he got caught once in a game when he tried it the second time and the catcher was wise and just threw it to third. it was still very close though. :clap: :D was waiting for these facts to get posted

SintonPirateFan
05-18-2011, 12:47 PM

#1 has done what we call the double steal three times this year....not the ordinary double steal you are thinking of...he steals second and third on the same pitch. he got caught once in a game when he tried it the second time and the catcher was wise and just threw it to third. it was still very close though.

HA!! THATS what i was looking for.

baseballcoach13
05-18-2011, 01:09 PM
He also does the double bunt....yes, he gets a double out of a sac bunt.

SintonFan
05-18-2011, 01:23 PM
He also does the double bunt....yes, he gets a double out of a sac bunt.

I thought yall only turned right? Don't you alls play a different kind of bb way up there in Norte Tejas? :thinking:

The Natural
05-18-2011, 01:33 PM

Must be God Given...

baseballcoach13
05-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by The Natural
Must be God Given...

I wont even tell you what he does with the eeeeeenside peech, or the one in his wheelhouse.

SintonPirateFan
05-18-2011, 01:43 PM
I wont even tell you what he does with the eeeeeenside peech, or the one in his wheelhouse.

thats ok. we'll throw him some offspeed stuff and he'll strike out on one pitch.

baseballcoach13
05-18-2011, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by SintonPirateFan
thats ok. we'll throw him some offspeed stuff and he'll strike out on one pitch.

oh no, the dreaded Bugs Bunny offspeed. I know what we need to work on at practice today then. Thanks.

Phil C
05-18-2011, 02:00 PM
oh no, the dreaded Bugs Bunny offspeed. I know what we need to work on at practice today then. Thanks.

You Sinton posters need to stop helping the enemy! ;)

Of course if you are feeding misinformation then --

:)

baseballcoach13
05-18-2011, 02:04 PM
You Sinton posters need to stop helping the enemy! ;)

Of course if you are feeding misinformation then --

:)

that pretty much confirms what we have heard about Banda...fastball is around 93-95pmh and the change up is about 27-31 mph with a hellacious slider and a devastating 12-6 curve. I hope we can at least foul a few off to prevent 7 - nine pitch innings.

Phil C
05-18-2011, 02:06 PM
that pretty much confirms what we have heard about Banda...fastball is around 93-95pmh and the change up is about 27-31 mph with a hellacious slider and a devastating 12-6 curve. I hope we can at least foul a few off to prevent 7 - nine pitch innings.

Looks like you got your information from scouting pretty good coach. He is good and Cave is too. But I know you know this.

baseballcoach13
05-18-2011, 02:12 PM
All kidding aside, this should be a very good series. Sinton has been playing well all year it looks like, and Columbia has the talent to play with and beat anyone. Like most late round playoff games, this one will come down to pitching and defense and the small things like baserunning. Taking the extra base, hititng the cut off man, those things like that will most likely determine who is playing next week.

SintonPirateFan
05-18-2011, 02:16 PM

he had one complete game shutout and threw 14 pitches. sometimes he WANTS you to hit it. so he can field it and throw you out. :D

SintonFan
05-18-2011, 07:33 PM
this should be a very good series. WC has been playing well all year it looks like, and Columbia has the talent to play with and beat anyone. Like most late round playoff games, this one will come down to WC pitching and defense and the small things like baserunning. WC Taking the extra base, WC hititng the cut off man, those things like that will most likely determine who is playing next week.

Hey! Don't yall have like 5 div 1 scholarship pitchers and maybe 2 prospects for major league consideration? One a lefty and one a righty?:eek:

sinfan75
05-18-2011, 09:51 PM
This ain't one of Sinton's better teams but they grew up on K Ball so get ready.

baseballcoach13
05-19-2011, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Hey! Don't yall have like 5 div 1 scholarship pitchers and maybe 2 prospects for major league consideration? One a lefty and one a righty?:eek:

Very close...4 D1 kids and 3 kids that will go in the first round in June.

pancho villa
05-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Necks better get ready for that crooked ball. Cause down in that south part of tejas they don't throw no straight pitches or over 50mph for that matter.

pancho villa
05-19-2011, 08:20 AM
bola ensalivada

pancho villa
05-19-2011, 08:21 AM
pelota

Lucky2Coach
05-19-2011, 08:31 AM
All kidding aside, this should be a very good series. Sinton has been playing well all year it looks like, and Columbia has the talent to play with and beat anyone. Like most late round playoff games, this one will come down to pitching and defense and the small things like baserunning. Taking the extra base, hititng the cut off man, those things like that will most likely determine who is playing next week.

Play with Yes, but can't beat Sweeny! LOL

baseballcoach13
05-19-2011, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach

HAHA! Good one....cant say much to that.

pancho villa
05-19-2011, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Lucky2Coach

How did the football game come out this year?

Lucky2Coach
05-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa

Pancho, why you gotta bring up ol' stuff?

Phil C
05-19-2011, 10:12 AM
They may have to have a one game series. Rainy weather coming.

Phil C
05-19-2011, 10:14 AM

This reminds me of the time that AP Panther Fan wrote about an Aransas Pass vs Ingleside basketball game. AP was winning easily but some students from Ingleside help up a sign showing the score of the AP vs Ingleside game that Ingleside won and they were pointing to the sign. The AP students responded by pointing to the scoreboard. :)

pancho villa
05-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Also to become a rivalry dosn't one school need to win at least once?

pirate4state
05-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Also to become a rivalry dosn't one school need to win at least once? Hey, talk to your people. They are the ones wanting to make us a rival. LOL

Rain could play a factor. Better be ready to play!!

baseballcoach13
05-19-2011, 11:22 AM
halletsville is turf on the infield, so it should be fine.

pirate4state
05-19-2011, 06:50 PM
halletsville is turf on the infield, so it should be fine. Man, I may not be able to make any of the games :(

If I go to any of them it will be Friday's game. GO PIRATES!!!

SintonFan
05-19-2011, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Man, I may not be able to make any of the games :(

If I go to any of them it will be Friday's game. GO PIRATES!!!

Rita, that's got to be a heart-breaker for you. :(

Go Pirates!!!

Dub-C
05-19-2011, 10:54 PM
GATA Necks, lol

SintonFan_inAustin
05-20-2011, 12:45 AM
They may have to have a one game series. Rainy weather coming. :doh:

scary times indeed if just one game ! :mad:

SintonFan_inAustin
05-20-2011, 12:53 AM
Necks better get ready for that crooked ball. Cause down in that south part of tejas they don't throw no straight pitches or over 50mph for that matter. http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Sports/Baseball/Throw.gif