PDA

View Full Version : Parking at State Track Meet

playnhurt
05-16-2011, 10:26 AM
How many of y'all got a ticket?

I got one for backing into the parking space. Our principal got one, too.

RoyceTTU
05-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by playnhurt

Is this not allowed? :confused:

BaseballUmp
05-16-2011, 11:37 AM
I got one for backing into an angled spot on the Square in San Marcos on Thursday...:doh:

marler1972
05-16-2011, 11:56 AM
I used Valet Parking at my Hotel and walked........

coach
05-16-2011, 12:00 PM
that is one of my biggest pet peeves ever. Why back into a parking spot? You spend just as much time backing into one than you would backing out of one.

pirate4state
05-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by playnhurt

That's weird. No ticket for me. I was lucky with parking this year. Trinity garage had available parking and right as I pulled in too! yay me

RoyceTTU
05-16-2011, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by coach
that is one of my biggest pet peeves ever. Why back into a parking spot? You spend just as much time backing into one than you would backing out of one.

If it is a tight spot or not much turning room, it's easier to get in.

Time isn't an issue.

4x100jackets
05-16-2011, 01:08 PM
I got a $10.00 ticket in 2003 and just paid it last week..Cost $73.00, they do tack on interest.....THOSE $$#%%%

bolshavik
05-16-2011, 01:11 PM

Some companies require if you have a company vehicle to backwards park so that your first move is forward.

BwdLion73
05-16-2011, 01:14 PM

You might need to leave a lot faster than when you got there.
It also heps on your getaway if your robbing a liquor store. :thinking:

ronwx5x
05-16-2011, 01:41 PM

In the parking garage where I worked before retiring, there were too many long pickups and SUV's to count. If you parked head in you could not see if anyone was coming while you backed out. If parked head out you only had to move a few feet to view oncoming vehicles. I suspect that is why many cars back in. Tht is a very good reason. Even if there was no vehicle or a car next to you when you parked, you never know who will park there next.

LIONS#1
05-16-2011, 04:37 PM
I have a 4 door diesel truck with a longbed and can get into a spot a whole lot easier than pulling in forward.:nerd:

bobcat1
05-16-2011, 06:58 PM
I didn't get a parking ticket and drank beer all day and watched each race.:D

playnhurt
05-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
In the parking garage where I worked before retiring, there were too many long pickups and SUV's to count. If you parked head in you could not see if anyone was coming while you backed out. If parked head out you only had to move a few feet to view oncoming vehicles. I suspect that is why many cars back in. Tht is a very good reason. Even if there was no vehicle or a car next to you when you parked, you never know who will park there next.

That's the reason I backed in. My truck has an 8 ft. bed and is like driving a bus.

playnhurt
05-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Appealed my ticket online Monday afternoon. Got a response back yesterday....Appeal DENIED! So I called a # to appeal the appeal and was told I would have to pay the fine first. WTH!

The nice lady changed my ticket to a warning after much begging!

bigwood33
05-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Because when you back into a parking space, no EVER flies up behind you and there is never traffic that you have to swivel you head back forth to see what is coming. I drive an F- 250 4X4 Crew Cab and almost always back into spaces. It is much easier. than trying to pull straight in.