oh..well your bad at predictions so I am going Mavs in 6 now :D

Gsquared
05-16-2011, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
oh..well your bad at predictions so I am going Mavs in 6 now :D
Well, then im goin with the Mavs sweeping! :p

Farmersfan
05-16-2011, 08:33 AM
Mavs in 6. The Mavs are 9-3 against the Thunder in all head to head matchups and 1 of those wins for OKC was with Dirk out this season. If the Mavs come out with the intensity they showed against the Lakers this could possibly be a 5 game series for the Mavs. OKC don't have near the talent that the Lakers or Portland had. Durant and Westbrook are certainly a handful but I see the Mavs coming out on top.

BullBoy
05-16-2011, 08:46 AM
The MAVS are gonna destroy them!

Ernest T Bass
05-16-2011, 08:54 AM
This game is the perfect storm for me. My disdain for the "game" of basketball is preceded only by my hatred for the Mavericks. Plus, there is my overwhelming desire to see small market teams succeed in major professional sports. The only minus for me in this series is my hatred for teams named after "forces" with singular names(ie; the Thunder, the Rage, the Wild, the Rush, etc...).

Farmersfan
05-16-2011, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
This game is the perfect storm for me. My disdain for the "game" of basketball is preceded only by my hatred for the Mavericks. Plus, there is my overwhelming desire to see small market teams succeed in major professional sports. The only minus for me in this series is my hatred for teams named after "forces" with singular names(ie; the Thunder, the Rage, the Wild, the Rush, etc...).

Why hatred for the Mavs? Are you projecting a dislike for the owner onto the team like so many do with not only the Mavs but with the Cowboys?

Ernest T Bass
05-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Yeah, that's part of it. But, the Mavs just always seem to be whinning about something. And Dirk is a straight-runnin' vagina. Never seen anyone fold up so quick when people get a little rough with him. If he's not getting the calls, you're almost better off playing with 4. Also, the few experiences at Mavs games Ive had the fans have really made me sick.
Plus, I think Don Nelson really got the shaft and should have been given much more credit when the Mavs were making their big runs. Instead Avery was revered as a coaching genius.

Farmersfan
05-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Yeah, that's part of it. But, the Mavs just always seem to be whinning about something. And Dirk is a straight-runnin' vagina. Never seen anyone fold up so quick when people get a little rough with him. If he's not getting the calls, you're almost better off playing with 4. Also, the few experiences at Mavs games Ive had the fans have really made me sick.
Plus, I think Don Nelson really got the shaft and should have been given much more credit when the Mavs were making their big runs. Instead Avery was revered as a coaching genius.

Those are a lot of the same things I dislike about Dirk. I recognize he is a top player in the league because he creates a matchup nightmare but I also think he could be sooooooo much more if he had even the slightest "Big-Man" game at all. But isn't that exactly like saying Superman would be sooo much tougher if he didn't fear Kryptonite? What game Dirk does have is near unstoppable so I guess that should be enough. But I also don't like his flippy floppy always falling down clumsy style of play.
And don't you think the Mavs experience at the AAC is a reflection of Cuban's nerdish gayness? I've never been to a Mavs game but the Mavs Maniacs and some of the other nonsense would irritate me to no end................. But GO MAVS!!!!!

Emerson1
05-16-2011, 10:01 AM
Lol @ ETB

Ernest T Bass
05-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Those are a lot of the same things I dislike about Dirk. I recognize he is a top player in the league because he creates a matchup nightmare but I also think he could be sooooooo much more if he had even the slightest "Big-Man" game at all. But isn't that exactly like saying Superman would be sooo much tougher if he didn't fear Kryptonite? What game Dirk does have is near unstoppable so I guess that should be enough. But I also don't like his flippy floppy always falling down clumsy style of play.
And don't you think the Mavs experience at the AAC is a reflection of Cuban's nerdish gayness? I've never been to a Mavs game but the Mavs Maniacs and some of the other nonsense would irritate me to no end................. But GO MAVS!!!!!

Dirk's a fuzzy triangle, end of story. Id rather him be tougher and lose some of his other game.
And yes, a lot of my experience at the AAC is probably due to Cuban's homosexuality. Either way, it turns me off to the point of not liking them.
I also think it has to do with living in their media market. I get sick of hearing about'em. The same thing happens with the Rangers and the Cowboys/Romo. I just get sick of constantly hearing about them to the point of not liking them LOL
But Dirk's still a vagina, and it seems like someone in the Mavs organization is always whinning and crying about something.

PPHSfan
05-16-2011, 10:17 AM
I would like to know who thought two weeks ago that it would be Mavs in 4 against the Lakers, THEN Mavs in 7 against OKC?

Txbroadcaster
05-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Dirk's a fuzzy triangle, end of story. Id rather him be tougher and lose some of his other game.

never understood this.Dirk is one of the best play-off performers in the history of the NBA..you dont become that being soft...Yes he whines..but so does Tim Duncan, so does every other star.

I agree about the AAC exp, but Cuban did not create that, NBA arenas have being doing that kind of stuff since the mid 90s

MJMbrahmas10
05-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Okc in 6. Bout time for mavs to choke

Roughneck93
05-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Mavs in 6. Think they might have figured it out this year.

Bullaholic
05-16-2011, 12:11 PM
And yes, a lot of my experience at the AAC is probably due to Cuban's homosexuality. Either way, it turns me off to the point of not liking them.
I also think it has to do with living in their media market. I get sick of hearing about'em. The same thing happens with the Rangers and the Cowboys/Romo. I just get sick of constantly hearing about them to the point of not liking them LOL
But Dirk's still a vagina, and it seems like someone in the Mavs organization is always whinning and crying about something.

Before the end of this season there may be something to what you think about Dirk, ETB---but since the end of the season and especially the playoffs---no way---Dirk got pounded on by some of the most physical folks in the NBA and still delivered. You gotta give credit when credit is due, ETB.

Emerson1
05-16-2011, 12:13 PM
ETB doesn't watch the games. Just repeats what he hears in the media.

Ernest T Bass
05-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Haven't watched any this year. Ive seen a few. Like I said, I was at the AAC for a few playoff games, even. But, I pay even less attention to what the media says about them than the actual games themselves, nowadays, and that's hard to do.

Txbroadcaster
05-16-2011, 12:38 PM

Alot of the things ur saying Dirk does wrong is partly because of Don..Nelson has never wanted his big men to be defensive and to waste energy when they could use it on the offensive side. He also wanted Dirk to be the 7 footer who takes 3 pointers and lives on the outside instead of going inside more.

Farmersfan
05-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Alot of the things ur saying Dirk does wrong is partly because of Don..Nelson has never wanted his big men to be defensive and to waste energy when they could use it on the offensive side. He also wanted Dirk to be the 7 footer who takes 3 pointers and lives on the outside instead of going inside more.

Can't really say anything about it now because the numbers don't support my arguement. What i want to say is Dirk should trash that stupid little off balance flippy floppy nonsense one-legged fade away shot. But he more often than not makes it. Perceptions are strange about some of these players. I hate Shawn Marions game in every fiber of my being! If I were the Mavs owner I would tell Marion he won't play another second on my team if he doesn't learn to shot that basketball like a big boy and stop that ridiculous shot of his. It appears to me that Marion misses more 2' or 3' shots than any player in the league yet his shooting percentage doesn't support that. In game 7 against the Lakers Marion's first 4 shots were within 5' of the basket and I remember that it seems he missed 4 of the 5. It's nonsense....................

BEAST
05-16-2011, 01:24 PM
In game 7 against the Lakers Marion's first 4 shots were within 5' of the basket and I remember that it seems he missed 4 of the 5. It's nonsense....................

Pretty sure the Mavs closed out the Lakers in 4.:thinking:

BEAST

Farmersfan
05-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Pretty sure the Mavs closed out the Lakers in 4.:thinking:

BEAST

:doh: :doh:

Sorry! Senior moment..................

(should have said Last Game against the Lakers)

Txbroadcaster
05-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Can't really say anything about it now because the numbers don't support my arguement. What i want to say is Dirk should trash that stupid little off balance flippy floppy nonsense one-legged fade away shot.

that is what IMO makes him so hard to stop..that shot canot be blocked..it is no diff than the Bird or Jordan fadeway that they both did a ton

Farmersfan
05-16-2011, 01:31 PM
that is what IMO makes him so hard to stop..that shot canot be blocked..it is no diff than the Bird or Jordan fadeway that they both did a ton

Except Bird and Jordan didn't look like someone had ripped out their spines when they did it. And it is impossible to stop and Dirk makes it more often than not. It just looks so uncoordinated or unathletic... It's no wonder the other team gets so frusterated when it falls. I would be calling him the luckiest man on the planet if I was an opposing player and put my BEST defense on him and he makes that shot from 20 foot away. But it seems to have upp'ed his game quite a bit so as a Mavs fan I should hope he keeps it up............

Emerson1
05-16-2011, 04:03 PM
never understood this.Dirk is one of the best play-off performers in the history of the NBA..you dont become that being soft...Yes he whines..but so does Tim Duncan, so does every other star.

I agree about the AAC exp, but Cuban did not create that, NBA arenas have being doing that kind of stuff since the mid 90s
ETB already said he hasn't watched a game all season. No point in arguing with the ignorant.

TheDOCTORdre
05-16-2011, 04:25 PM
The Thunder Rolls

Emerson1
05-24-2011, 09:38 AM
Dirk sucks.

Bullaholic
05-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Dirk sucks.

Yep---all the way to an NBA championship.

BullBoy
05-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Yep---all the way to an NBA championship. :cheerl: :cheerl: