PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a job II

STANG RED
05-15-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm in the same boat as orange machine. Had a new position lined up to start tomorrow, but the contract fell through a couple weeks ago.
If you know anyone needing a construction manager, I would really appreciate a little help with a foot in a door.
I'm a 30+ year electrician, with the last 20 some odd in management of all sorts and sizes of projects.
Send me a PM if you would like to see my resume, or know of someone you could send it to.
I'm not looking to relocate, but don’t mind traveling wherever I need to. I've done it for so long, I'm used to it by now. It's just the nature of this business. But I sure would like to stay in Texas this time. North Dakota just about killed me.

bobcat1
05-15-2011, 03:50 PM
Good luck Stang Red.

GetRDoneStangs
05-15-2011, 03:52 PM
Best of luck to you, Marlin...if I hear of anything out there I will let you know. Hopefully, more wind farms coming up with the transmission lines being completed.

garciap77
05-16-2011, 08:57 AM
If I hear of anything here at Dyess, I'll let you know.

Ernest T Bass
05-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Might want to look in Halliburton. I know they're hiring a ton of people. It's not real easy work and it's 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off, and those 4 weeks are away from home. But, it's good pay, and it sounds like you're getting close to retirement.

Old LB
05-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I'm in the same boat as orange machine. Had a new position lined up to start tomorrow, but the contract fell through a couple weeks ago.
If you know anyone needing a construction manager, I would really appreciate a little help with a foot in a door.
I'm a 30+ year electrician, with the last 20 some odd in management of all sorts and sizes of projects.
Send me a PM if you would like to see my resume, or know of someone you could send it to.
I'm not looking to relocate, but don’t mind traveling wherever I need to. I've done it for so long, I'm used to it by now. It's just the nature of this business. But I sure would like to stay in Texas this time. North Dakota just about killed me.

South Texas is booming right now with the oil and gas industry, went down two weeks ago and found it hard to believe. Talking to our manager in Cotulla he says they are having trouble finding enough qualified folks in the area to fill jobs.

Antec
05-16-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm going on 14 weeks without a job now-since Feb. 24

The newspaper business is in bad shape in this area and Wharton and El Campo paper are not hiring full time sports editors

Guess my newspaper career is over and we can't locate

My wife got laid off her job in the Fort Bend ISD in Stafford last week

Times are tough in our household

I can't even get an interview from Walmart or Buc-ees

Will be filling for disability soon

bolshavik
05-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Antec
I'm going on 14 weeks without a job now-since Feb. 24

The newspaper business is in bad shape in this area and Wharton and El Campo paper are not hiring full time sports editors

Guess my newspaper career is over and we can't locate

My wife got laid off her job in the Fort Bend ISD in Stafford last week

Times are tough in our household

I can't even get an interview from Walmart or Buc-ees

Will be filling for disability soon

Why cant you relocate?

Antec
05-16-2011, 02:42 PM
We own a house in Hungerford and don't want to buy another one

turbostud
05-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
South Texas is booming right now with the oil and gas industry, went down two weeks ago and found it hard to believe. Talking to our manager in Cotulla he says they are having trouble finding enough qualified folks in the area to fill jobs.

Drove through Falfurrias yesterday and saw lots of oilfield types. Also see alot in the Valley(McAllen area) as well.

tex_male
05-17-2011, 12:06 AM
The company I work for is looking for all type of people and crafts. Hope we have something for you or any of you other good folk.
http://careers.enterpriseproducts.com/opportunities.htm

BaseballUmp
05-17-2011, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by tex_male
The company I work for is looking for all type of people and crafts. Hope we have something for you or any of you other good folk.
http://careers.enterpriseproducts.com/opportunities.htm

What exactly do you do?

Old LB
05-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

Stang, GE Transportation is building a locomotive repair and assembly facility in Ft. Worth. Hiring should begin later this year, not sure about construction. You can probably find more info. on their website, these will be great jobs.