PDA

View Full Version : Region III District Softball Champs

Old Cardinal
04-22-2002, 08:32 PM
I was just wondering if we could get some of the Scores posted here for Post Season Baseball......First of all we need to list the District Champs and the playoff teams, as they are decided; Bridge City coasted to an undefeated 21-3A season, Buna will be in the playoffs-the third team will be either Orangefield or Woodville, I've been told. Can you give us a wrapup on your District season and postings on Post season games as they take place.

Newton4Life
04-23-2002, 04:10 PM
Newton and Kirbyville are the two other softball teams going to the playoffs in district 21. Kirbyville going as the number 2 team and Newton going as the number 3 team.

[This message has been edited by Newton4Life (edited April 23, 2002).]

Old Cardinal
04-23-2002, 04:17 PM
Thank you Mr. Newton, I had listed the baseball 1,2,3 and you gave us the Softball....Do you know how the bi-district opponents will be for both baseball and softball. Also, when & where?

sinton66
04-23-2002, 05:09 PM
Old Card, your thread title was about softball.

Old Cardinal
04-23-2002, 09:43 PM
You are right Sinton 66---IT SHOULD HAVE READ SOFTBALL & bASEBALL. What is the situation down in your area?

sinton66
04-24-2002, 08:03 AM
District 30-3A is Sinton both ways. Baseball looks like Ingleside will be 2nd, and Odem 3rd. Softball looks like George West 2nd, and Odem 3rd. This is according to the last I heard. Sinton also ran away with the district track meet. Bubba Heard(RB next football season)took five gold medals. Marcus Charles(RB last season) took three, I think. Pretty good article about it at www.caller.com (http://www.caller.com) (Corpus paper). Best of luck to you guys in the playoffs, hope we're still there when it's time to meet each other.

buffalo booster
04-24-2002, 08:44 AM
For 18-AAA Baseball:
Taylor 12-1, Giddings 11-2, Elgin 8-4-1, have all qualified for the playoffs. One game left, but Taylor holds the tiebreaker over Giddings having beaten them twice.

Old Cardinal
04-24-2002, 09:39 AM
Sinton 66: About the same story down here...4 rounds in football(till you blasted us), Basketball playoffs, District Track Champion, Dist. Champ undefeated in dist. baseball. The most incredable softball story....Laura Gremillion(All state as a freshmen)- played for a top Houston Gold Team had two back operations, could not play her Junior year. Her backup pitcher quit....After a BAD preseason a freshman girl Megan Godwin began that "old muscle-memory recall" and has pitched them to the District Softball Championship. It was good for the teams defense to have to field a lot of balls and not just rely on a top-flight All-State type pitcher.

Old Cardinal
04-24-2002, 08:56 PM
Sinton 66: I made a mistake, Kirbyville in fact won the Dist. Softball title with Bridge city placing second. Kirbyville's Miss Tankersley is a top-flight pitcher.

sinton66
04-25-2002, 08:01 AM
Old Card,Sinton's ace in softball is a senior named Megan Kastner. I haven't seen them play, but I hear they are good. The article I read on the C.C. paper's website says they are the #1 seed for the playoffs in region 4. Apparently 30-3A was pretty competitive this year. I read where Sinton girls had two district losses, one to Odem and the other to George West, then came back to win out including a title game with George West.

Old Cardinal
04-29-2002, 09:09 PM
The girls beat Hamshire-Fannett 7-4 in Bidistrict......Play Sweeny in Deer Park at 6:00 pm. Don't know a thing about Sweeny SB, but H-F is a good team. Can anyone tell us about Sweeny? Who does Sinton play next?