PDA

View Full Version : Robinson 10 Bullard 0 (5 innings)

44 Magnum
05-13-2011, 10:18 PM
The Robinson Rockets improved their record to 24-5 as they defeated the Bullard Panthers in Robinson in Game One of a three game series by a 10-0 score in 5 innings. Game(s) two and three (if needed) will be played in Bullard starting at 2:00 p.m.

Chad Hollingsworth struck out 12 and Zach Sullivan hit two home runs in the Rocket victory.

Daddy D 11
05-14-2011, 12:57 AM
how many runs did robinson score in the early innings? i understand they prolly wont need him in game 2 or 3, but i would've pulled hollingsworth after 2-3 innings with a nice lead

Rabid Cougar
05-14-2011, 10:40 AM
China Spring awaits the winner.

44 Magnum
05-14-2011, 10:48 PM
Robinson advances to take on district 19-3A foe China Spring in the Region III Quarterfinals. Robinson will host two out of the possible three games in the best two out of three series. Dates TBA.

44 Magnum
05-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
China Spring awaits the winner.

China Spring did not try to throw their better pitcher against Robinson during district play which resulted in two blowouts. Throw those games out the window, as now the Cougars must try to find a way to stop a tough Rocket squad. Should be a very interesting series.

Rabid Cougar, I should have quoted another previous post you made after Robinson ten-run-ruled the Cougars in the first district contest where you said the Rockets would not go undefeated in district. Well . . . Care to reconsider?

Rabid Cougar
05-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by 44 Magnum
China Spring did not try to throw their better pitcher against Robinson during district play which resulted in two blowouts. Throw those games out the window, as now the Cougars must try to find a way to stop a tough Rocket squad. Should be a very interesting series.

Rabid Cougar, I should have quoted another previous post you made after Robinson ten-run-ruled the Cougars in the first district contest where you said the Rockets would not go undefeated in district. Well . . . Care to reconsider?

The joys of prognostication. Sometimes your right; sometimes your wrong.

Robinson is right were they were predicted to be. It is China Spring that blew everyones predictions out the window.
I am pleasently surprised.

44 Magnum
05-15-2011, 09:16 PM
It should be a good series. I am looking forward to some outstanding pitching and defense.

44 Magnum
05-16-2011, 06:29 AM
I had heard that Robinson had won the flip and I just assumed that meant Robinson would host two of the three games. I guess Robinson won the flip wanting a two out of three series and not a single game playoff.

Robinson will host Game 1 on Thursday at 7:00. China Spring will host Game 2 on Friday at 7:00 and also Game 3 on Saturday at 4:00 if needed.

Sorry for my mistake!