PDA

View Full Version : College Bound

Cowboy_Up
05-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Edna is not 3A, but we're close and I like the down low so I'm posting this here.

In the class of '11, the Cowboys have about 100 seniors. Of that 100, 8 have signed to play athletics in college. That would seem to me to be a pretty high overall percentage. Is it? Anyone other numbers out there to compare to?

ps...sort of an educated guess but I think its...5 football, 1 golf, 1 girls hoops, 1 girls V-ball

Yoe_09
05-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Congrats!

Going to the game tomorrow?

SHSBulldog00
05-12-2011, 10:59 PM
That's really impressive. It shows that students at Edna focus on Education just as much as Athletics.

That I know of, Sweeny has 11 out of 139 students.

6 Football
3 Baseball
2 Softball

Cowboy_Up
05-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Yoe,
I might, but I have to decide between the baseball game, softball game, and state track meet.

One other aside to the 8 who signed, all are excellent students and I believe at least 5 are in the class top 10. I think we just had a class where our best athletes were also very good students. Good kids.

Good luck at the baseball game. Cowboys are well aware of what they are up against, but I sense they are looking forward to the challenge.

Yoe_09
05-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Cowboy_Up
Yoe,
I might, but I have to decide between the baseball game, softball game, and state track meet.

One other aside to the 8 who signed, all are excellent students and I believe at least 5 are in the class top 10. I think we just had a class where our best athletes were also very good students. Good kids.

Good luck at the baseball game. Cowboys are well aware of what they are up against, but I sense they are looking forward to the challenge.

Understandable, since it is a good trip to Flatonia. I know the team and a lot of fans are staying. Either way I am looking forward to what this region has to provide....I know it is always deep.