PDA

View Full Version : More ghost crap!

Cam
05-12-2011, 12:44 PM
A couple nights ago I couldn't sleep so I parked myself on the living room sofa to watch TV. Something made me look towards the back patio doors (which are mainly glass). Suddenly, a dark shadowy thing went from left to right along the patio door. I immediately jumped up thinking I had an intruder in my back yard. First thought was it was Greendawg..that son-bitch...Went straight for the switch of the outdoor patio lights. Flicked em on and all I saw were my 3 dogs comfortably asleep...Now I know what I saw and I wasn't dreamin'....anyway, that kept me up for the rest of the night....later that night I decided to check on my son's room and went up to one of his windows, flicked open the blind to take a peek, and lookin' right back at me were a pair of reddish glowin' eyes....this thing cracked a smile and showed me it's missin' front tooth....ok, ok...the eye thing I just made up..just tryin' to add more drama.....
So I'm thinkin', there has to be an explanation to the shadow and I came up with this one: There's a street light about 200 yards away that backlights my trees and stuff and creates shadows on my patio doors. My guess is some big owl or other bird flew right by the light blocking it entirely for a split second and creating the left to right motion I witnessed....that's the best explanation I got....otherwise, that damn thing was a ghost! My neighbors have told us that our homes are built right on an old Comanche encampment......now I'm skeered....

Gsquared
05-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Id move, put the house on the market and just take the first offer. I dont like ghost stuff.

waterboy
05-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Are you sure you ain't hitting the pipe again?:D

AP Panther Fan
05-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Cam
My guess is some big owl or other bird flew right by the light blocking it entirely for a split second and creating the left to right motion I witnessed....that's the best explanation I got....otherwise, that damn thing was a ghost! My neighbors have told us that our homes are built right on an old Comanche encampment......now I'm skeered....

nah, it was a ghost.:D

Cam
05-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
nah, it was a ghost.:D

gee thanks AP!

greendawg84
05-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Son you gotta quit doing that stuff that late at night ...

On the other hand that Indian burial ground thing aint nuttin to mess around with.... now you got me skeert

STANG RED
05-12-2011, 04:18 PM
I have Comanche blood flowing through my veins (seriously I do). For a nominal fee, I would be more than happy to come have a little pow wow with my ghostly ancestors. Problem solved. However, if you dont take me up on my offer,,,,,,,well lets just say, it'll suck to be you.:devil:

Cam
05-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I have Comanche blood flowing through my veins (seriously I do). For a nominal fee, I would be more than happy to come have a little pow wow with my ghostly ancestors. Problem solved. However, if you dont take me up on my offer,,,,,,,well lets just say, it'll suck to be you.:devil:

dang stang....you're brutal!!.....how much???

Cam
05-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Some ya'll might think I'm jokin'....but here ya go....when we first moved there 7 years ago my then 4 year old came to me and said, "daddy, there's an Indian man in the ranch"..(he had been gazing out the front window)....so I went outside to see for myself and of course there was nothin' there for my eyes to see.....:eek:

STANG RED
05-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Cam
dang stang....you're brutal!!.....how much???

Wellllllllllll,,,,,,,,hmmmmmmm:thinking:

What's it worth to ya?;)

Pendragon13
05-12-2011, 08:59 PM
There are two types of people who will (or eventaully will) see ghosts in their lifetime:

1. People who truly believe that such a thing is possible. Pretty much anything out of the ordinary is ghost related..

2. People who say they don't believe, but are really just trying to convince themselves there is no such thing to lessen the chance of seeing one.

There is one type of person who will NEVER see a ghost:

3. People with truly scientific minds, and know that there is a rational explanation for everything...even if it hasn't been found yet.

Personally I fall somewhere between #2 and #3. In other words, I can't prove that paranormal things don't exist....but I realize that such things make absolutely no sense when taken in the context of what we know of the physical world. Basically, I acknowledge that the human brain is capable of things we don't quite understand scientifically or otherwise....and therefore I would never call anyone a liar for claiming to see a ghost. Reality is relative to the person experiencing it..;)

BwdLion73
05-12-2011, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Some ya'll might think I'm jokin'....but here ya go....when we first moved there 7 years ago my then 4 year old came to me and said, "daddy, there's an Indian man in the ranch"..(he had been gazing out the front window)....so I went outside to see for myself and of course there was nothin' there for my eyes to see.....:eek:

now thats the type of stuff that makes you pause. :thinking:

PPHSfan
05-12-2011, 10:14 PM
I've never seen a ghost, but I did spend twenty minutes in conversation with a talking dog once.

SintonFan
05-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I've never seen a ghost, but I did spend twenty minutes in conversation with a talking dog once.

How many times did the dog say "Squirrel!"?:eek: :p

PPHSfan
05-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Sintonfan made me laugh.

SintonFan
05-12-2011, 10:24 PM
No I didn't. You are being facetious.
:lies:

STANG RED
05-12-2011, 11:19 PM
I dont believe in ghosts, but I do know there are some mighty weird goings on that i cant explain. I'll just blame it on ignorence and move on.;)

Cam
05-13-2011, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan

now that's impressive!....did you happen to ask him why they like to put their nose's up people's crotches?? ...and why two dogs greet each other by sniffin' each other's rectumbabalums??

AP Panther Fan
05-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Cam
...and why two dogs greet each other by sniffin' each other's rectumbabalums??

Well that's easy....it is much simpler than sitting up to "shake" but PPHS should definitely ask them just to be sure.