PDA

View Full Version : Closer to NCAA Football Playoff?

Bullaholic
05-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Is the following the first step to an NCAA college football playoff system?

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Justice-Department-asks-NCAA-why-there-is-no-football-playoff-050411

LIONS#1
05-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Well as much as I HATE government intrusion into "We The People's" lives The DOJ in this case is Point On!! Abolish the current Beauty Pageant rules in Favor of a real playoff system not Based on MONEY but based on Team performance!! They do it in Everything from Golf to Baseball on every level except College Football!!:nerd: The current dictatorship in NCAA would have to take a hike so it might take the government to get rid of them!!:D

themsu97
05-12-2011, 10:49 AM
they will just go back to bowl system they had before... with conference ties... nobody had a problem then...
The NCAA presidents and AD's love the bowl system and there is no way there will be a law outlawing the bowls...

RoyceTTU
05-12-2011, 10:51 AM
I'm not a fan of gov't getting involved but since there are so many "state schools" involved, they are probably as qualified as any to unite a group to investigate.

This type of investgation might gain some real legs especially after everything going down with the fiesta bowl. Too much money is getting thrown around for there not to be some serious favoritism.

I've stated before I'm not totally against the BCS, but I'm by no means a supporter of the current system. I would like to see an Hybrid model.