PDA

View Full Version : Mavs fans...

Ernest T Bass
05-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Does Don Nelson get enough credit for building the Mavs into what they are? Prior to his tenure, the DMN would run a countdown every year to see if the Mavs would beat the 76ers record for worst season in NBA history, and damned if the Mavs didn't come close a few times. When Nelson left, the Mavs were perennial contenders.
Discuss.

Gsquared
05-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Nope, they owe it all to Dick Motta

Txbroadcaster
05-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Does Don Nelson get enough credit for building the Mavs into what they are? Prior to his tenure, the DMN would run a countdown every year to see if the Mavs would beat the 76ers record for worst season in NBA history, and damned if the Mavs didn't come close a few times. When Nelson left, the Mavs were perennial contenders.
Discuss.

I think he does..the Mavs fan love him even though him and Cuban had a failling out

Old Tiger
05-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Cuban is the one who is responsible.

coach
05-11-2011, 01:33 PM
donnie nelson has done a great job to especially with bringing in the players this year

NastySlot
05-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Nope, they owe it all to Dick Motta

and Kiki Vandeweghe....for not coming....and then there are those that did come Uwe Blab..and those guys.

icu812
05-11-2011, 05:24 PM
Whoever decided to trade "tractor" Traylor (RIP btw) for Dirk in the draft! That took some guts considering the Mavs hadnt had much luck with tall white guys before that. That trade changed everything.

Emerson1
05-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Whoever decided to trade "tractor" Traylor (RIP btw) for Dirk in the draft! That took some guts considering the Mavs hadnt had much luck with tall white guys before that. That trade changed everything.
I think they also got Steve Nash in that trade.

Txbroadcaster
05-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I think they also got Steve Nash in that trade.

no they got PAt McGarrity in trade

coach
05-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Nash was traded from the Suns to the Mavericks in exchange for Martin Müürsepp, Bubba Wells, the draft rights to Pat Garrity and a first-round draft pick (who later turned out to be future Phoenix team-mate Shawn Marion).[5]

Emerson1
05-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
no they got PAt McGarrity in trade
I worded it wrong. It wasn't the same transaction, but McGarrity's rights were traded right away for Steve Nash.

BEAST
05-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Cuban is the one who is responsible.

This.

BEAST

BEAST
05-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by icu812

And this.

BEAST