PDA

View Full Version : Tour 18

hollywood
05-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Going to play it for the 5th year in a row. Can't wait. It's a fun novelty course set amongst multi-million $ mansions.
Anyone else played it?
I have to say, I've stuck the island green everytime!:)

RoyceTTU
05-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by hollywood
Going to play it for the 5th year in a row. Can't wait. It's a fun novelty course set amongst multi-million $ mansions.
Anyone else played it?
I have to say, I've stuck the island green everytime!:)

I've wanted to but havn't had the chance.

scrub c
05-11-2011, 09:24 AM
houston or dallas?

The houston (atascocita)course is supposed to be in really great shape, even with the lack of rainfall...

im going to play it in a couple of weeks...

jason
05-11-2011, 09:31 AM
played the one in dfw once - i was disappointed...

course was in crappy shape, they have too much foot traffic on the greens to keep it as nice as they should...

hollywood
05-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Only have played the Dallas. Hope it's in good shape for Friday!

pancho villa
05-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by scrub c
houston or dallas?

The houston (atascocita)course is supposed to be in really great shape, even with the lack of rainfall...

im going to play it in a couple of weeks...

He is going to get his $ worth and shoot 110. his normal round.

scrub c
05-11-2011, 09:45 AM
let us know how you handled Amen corner and Sawgrass #17 ...

scrub c
05-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
He is going to get his $ worth and shoot 110. his normal round.
(aggregate when I play 27 holes)

coach
05-11-2011, 11:14 AM
the one in Houston was pretty neat i lipped out a hole in one on the par 3 at "Amen's Corner"

hollywood
05-16-2011, 04:48 PM
Couldn't have asked for a better day of golf than last Friday. We got first (gross score) in the scramble. Course was in awesome shape. Fairways were super plush unlike the years past. Greens decent. Stuck the Sawgrass #17 island green 6 feet from hole. What makes this impressive (lucky ;) ) is that we all had a shot of tequila on the hole before! :eek:
Got 2 free passes to go back and play... great day folks.

I'd suggest playing it now rather than later when the heat takes it's tole on the course. It's in great shape right now from the recent rains.

jason
05-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by hollywood
Couldn't have asked for a better day of golf than last Friday. We got first (gross score) in the scramble. Course was in awesome shape. Fairways were super plush unlike the years past. Greens decent. Stuck the Sawgrass #17 island green 6 feet from hole. What makes this impressive (lucky ;) ) is that we all had a shot of tequila on the hole before! :eek:
Got 2 free passes to go back and play... great day folks.

I'd suggest playing it now rather than later when the heat takes it's tole on the course. It's in great shape right now from the recent rains. This last wknd was perfect for golf. We went and played a 2 person at lakeside in eastland. That course is a hidden gem, we all left very impressed. I even left with a little cash in my pocket.