PDA

View Full Version : Bynum

coach
05-10-2011, 07:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6522694

i say thats about right.....and also, no one talks about how great a shot that was jj made. i venture to say that over half the ppl that saw the foul didnt know the shot went in

Farmersfan
05-11-2011, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by coach
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6522694

i say thats about right.....and also, no one talks about how great a shot that was jj made. i venture to say that over half the ppl that saw the foul didnt know the shot went in

I think JJ was a big reason for the meltdown from Bynum. He mistreated the Lakers defense the whole series. It had to be frusterating.

Bull's-eye
05-11-2011, 11:43 AM
$702,000 fine......Bynum will think twice about doing something like that again.

STANG RED
05-11-2011, 12:02 PM
I honestly think a player should be suspended an entire season for actions like this. When you really think about it, this is little more than a little tap on the hand. Sends no serious message to the other thugs at all.

RoyceTTU
05-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I honestly think a player should be suspended an entire season for actions like this. When you really think about it, this is little more than a little tap on the hand. Sends no serious message to the other thugs at all.

I don't know STANG....700k is way more than a slap of the hand no matter what sport your playing or any career for that matter. That's some serious cash.

waterboy
05-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I don't know STANG....700k is way more than a slap of the hand no matter what sport your playing or any career for that matter. That's some serious cash.
....:thinking: .....but the poor feller will only make $14.9 next year, less the $702K and some change..........he says as he hops in his Porsche 911 modified and speeds off.....:doh:

Not enough, in my opinion. As long as players are allowed to intentionally try to hurt other players without being banned from the league as an option, this type of bullcrap will continue to happen indefinitely. There should be a progressive fine/ban system in place in the NBA. It might not "stop" the thuggish behavior, but it'll certainly make them think twice about the next time. I think Bynum should have been suspended for at least 10 games, in my opinion.

RoyceTTU
05-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
....:thinking: .....but the poor feller will only make $14.9 next year, less the $702K and some change..........he says as he hops in his Porsche 911 modified and speeds off.....:doh:

Not enough, in my opinion. As long as players are allowed to intentionally try to hurt other players without being banned from the league as an option, this type of bullcrap will continue to happen indefinitely. There should be a progressive fine/ban system in place in the NBA. It might not "stop" the thuggish behavior, but it'll certainly make them think twice about the next time. I think Bynum should have been suspended for at least 10 games, in my opinion.

There is, this is actually his 2nd this year. His first was a 2 games suspension.

I see your point whole-heartedly but I also believe punishments shouldn't be based your earnings, but instead based upon the action which in this case it was. For the guys that don't make as much, this is huge.

I will say that 3rd time should get you some kind of crazy suspension like a full year without pay or possibly even worse.

He was suspended for two games in March for committing a similar foul on Minnesota's Michael Beasley. The NBA weighs a player's discipline history when doling out a subsequent suspension.

waterboy
05-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
There is, this is actually his 2nd this year. His first was a 2 games suspension.

I see your point whole-heartedly but I also believe punishments shouldn't be based your earnings, but instead based upon the action which in this case it was. For the guys that don't make as much, this is huge.

I will say that 3rd time should get you some kind of crazy suspension like a full year without pay or possibly even worse.
It seems I remember a progressive suspension system in place, now that you mentioned it, but it definitely is not harsh enough. Depending on the severity of the infraction, of course, I do believe that the first time should be up to five games, second time no less than ten games, and the third time a season. The fourth time they should be banned from the league, in my opinion. And, yes, I believe the fine should be based on a percentage of the players' salary, along with the severity of the infraction, too.

raider red 2000
05-11-2011, 02:56 PM
had he hit a bigger guy....say someone like shaq's size.

would this be a big deal?

Txbroadcaster
05-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

I agree they are playing this up because of the size of JJ

Emerson1
05-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000

Yes. This was the THIRD time this season he has given an elbow to a defenseless player. That is why he got the 5 game suspension, because of his history.

Andrew Bynum is 7'0" 285 lbs. JJ Barea is an exaggerated 6'0" 175.

No one is playing it up. It's a monster of a person throwing a cheap shot on a tiny person. That's the story.

Bullaholic
05-11-2011, 03:03 PM
1. Fine= check

2. 5-game suspension= check

3. Apology= check

4. Any Repeat Flagrant Occurance= lifetime NBA suspension

5. End of story.

raider red 2000
05-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Yes. This was the THIRD time this season he has given an elbow to a defenseless player. That is why he got the 5 game suspension, because of his history.

Andrew Bynum is 7'0" 285 lbs. JJ Barea is an exaggerated 6'0" 175.

No one is playing it up. It's a monster of a person throwing a cheap shot on a tiny person. That's the story.

looked pretty bad.

i think bynum should be punished pretty hard....maybe make him be in one of those ATM gay movies as the reciever :)

I think he took a cheap shot a lil guy because he knew the lil guy would really feel it....pretty chicken $#!+ to me.

icu812
05-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Not enough. The guy is a repeated offender. He already partially collapsed a player's lung this year. I believe it was Gerald Wallace. In my opinion the NBA didn't want to hurt his (the Lakers) trade value to much.