PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth for Dodge

Farmersfan
05-10-2011, 03:03 PM
I just purchased a new Dodge Ram pickup for my wife and I thought it came equiped with the Uconnect Bluetooth hooked up. After signing all the papers I find out it takes another 500.00 worth of modules, wires, microphones and such to make it work. My question is to anyone who might have a Chrysler product with the Uconnect or MyGig system that uses the Bluetooth. Any good? Worth the money? Help, help, help!

RoyceTTU
05-10-2011, 03:08 PM
My wifes challenger didn't come with it either. She was disappointed. This was the first time I had heard how much it was.

Farmersfan
05-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
My wifes challenger didn't come with it either. She was disappointed. This was the first time I had heard how much it was.

About 235.00 for the module parts and the service dept told me 2 hours labor. I figured 100.00 an hour plus taxes would be about 500.00.
I find a lot of information on the internet about how this system works very well with some phones but not well with others. I use Iphones so wanted to know if it were capatible with those.

Farmersfan
05-10-2011, 03:24 PM
I told my wife we should use the Buyers remorse clause and threaten to give the truck back if they don't make good on the Bluetooth since nobody told us the bluetooth and voice connect buttons in the vehicle were dummy buttons. The salesman even told us it had bluetooth even though he didn't know anything about it. But she isn't the type of person to try to force someone to do something like this. She said we should have known so it's really our fault.

GrTigers6
05-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I told my wife we should use the Buyers remorse clause and threaten to give the truck back if they don't make good on the Bluetooth since nobody told us the bluetooth and voice connect buttons in the vehicle were dummy buttons. The salesman even told us it had bluetooth even though he didn't know anything about it. But she isn't the type of person to try to force someone to do something like this. She said we should have known so it's really our fault. Which means its your fault huh! :D
I've been married 23 years I know how it works :)

Farmersfan
05-10-2011, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Which means its your fault huh! :D
I've been married 23 years I know how it works :)

Exactly! :D Which in turn means I will be spending 500.00 to get it working........................:( :(

Daddy D 11
05-10-2011, 03:41 PM
just buy a ford, my pops bought the brand new 2011 king ranch and it came with it.. it works like a charm

GrTigers6
05-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Exactly! :D Which in turn means I will be spending 500.00 to get it working........................:( :( Yep, thats why when we bought my daughters fusion, I made sure that the sync worked and the satelite radio because I knew I would be having to add it. Of course the radio was only for 6 months but it was up to her to continue subscription. She decided she had better things to spend her money on, Go figure:D

PPHSfan
05-10-2011, 05:54 PM
Bluetooth has been working like a champ in Japanese vehicles for years now.

big daddy russ
05-10-2011, 11:23 PM
You can go down to your local car audio shop, get them to hook up a system for you for half what Dodge charges. I know Parrot's a great product. Plenty of others out there.

If it's the same as GMC/Chevy, they can even hook up the aftermarket system to your factory dummy buttons and make it a completely stealth install. If you get the right one, it's also a better product than the one from Dodge.

Tx Challenge
05-11-2011, 03:04 AM
For $300, I installed my own JVC head unit. Along with blue tooth with a mike, it as an additional USB and AUX input. Love it

Farmersfan
05-11-2011, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
For $300, I installed my own JVC head unit. Along with blue tooth with a mike, it as an additional USB and AUX input. Love it

I already talked to my peeps at Cartoys about replaceing the unit with a aftermarket unit that would handle all these things. Unfortunately I would lose too many features if I pulled out the factory radio. Such as the free satellite radio for a year and some of the EVIC display. I think I will look into the Parrot. Thanks everyone.

Oh yea! A new dash kit for the dodges that is needed to install a aftermarket radio is 165.00 from Dodge.......

GrTigers6
05-11-2011, 07:29 AM
I already talked to my peeps at Cartoys about replaceing the unit with a aftermarket unit that would handle all these things. Unfortunately I would lose too many features if I pulled out the factory radio. Such as the free satellite radio for a year and some of the EVIC display. I think I will look into the Parrot. Thanks everyone.

Oh yea! A new dash kit for the dodges that is needed to install a aftermarket radio is 165.00 from Dodge....... And it probably costs them $10:D

PPHSfan
05-11-2011, 07:53 AM
Or you can go buy a four year old Nissan with it factory installed.

LionKing
05-11-2011, 09:41 AM
I just purchased a new Dodge Ram pickup for my wife and I thought it came equiped with the Uconnect Bluetooth hooked up. After signing all the papers I find out it takes another 500.00 worth of modules, wires, microphones and such to make it work. My question is to anyone who might have a Chrysler product with the Uconnect or MyGig system that uses the Bluetooth. Any good? Worth the money? Help, help, help! I would have thought it would have came equipped also with Uconnect, my 2010 4wd Ram 1500 did, as did my 07 Jeep Wrangler, to answer your question, yes it is good, it's up to you, but I'd say it's worth the extra $500.00 to get it going, not a necessity, but it's very good to have.

Farmersfan
05-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by LionKing
I would have thought it would have came equipped also with Uconnect, my 2010 4wd Ram 1500 did, as did my 07 Jeep Wrangler, to answer your question, yes it is good, it's up to you, but I'd say it's worth the extra $500.00 to get it going, not a necessity, but it's very good to have.

Do you use the Iphone? that is the biggest question. I read online a lot of information about certain phones not being compatible and even certain versions of Iphone software not being compatible.

LionKing
05-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Do you use the Iphone? that is the biggest question. I read online a lot of information about certain phones not being compatible and even certain versions of Iphone software not being compatible. It works with my IPhone, I still have the 3G IPhone I bought 2 years ago from AT&T.

Farmersfan
05-12-2011, 08:45 AM
UPDATE:

I got a quote of about 500.00 from McKinney Dodge for the install of the Uconnect module. So I called Bonham Dodge who have a great rep with a lot of people in N Texas. They quoted me a total price of 387.00 for the exact same part and exact same install. But they didn't have any modules in stock and it would take 7 days minimum to get one in. I asked them where I could find one of the module and they told me Denton (CLassic) Dodge had 7 of them. I called Classic Dodge in Denton and they guoted me 570.00 for the same thing. I lost my cool and asked for a manager. The service manage came on the phone and I explained that 3 different dealerships have given me 3 different prices on a DEALER option and I was pissed. After much hoo haa we find out that Classic Dodge was charging me 150.00 more for the part because they had bought it from another dealer who had already marked it up. They bought the parts retail!! :eek:
He also explained that the labor charges were different in City dealerships than it was in Country dealerships. To make a long story short the Dodge dealership in Denton finally agreed to install the module for the same price that Bonham Dodge had quoted.

Anyone purchasing a Chrysler product might want to make sure they activate your bluetooth (Uconnect) option BEFORE agreeing to buy the vehicle.