PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Miller is...

bigwood33
05-09-2011, 08:42 PM
terrible! He is the worst color commentary guy on TV, regardless the sport.

BaseballUmp
05-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by bigwood33

Don't be racist lol jk

coach
05-09-2011, 08:55 PM

hes not terrible...hell have you heard his ssistert.....she is clueless

trojandad
05-09-2011, 10:58 PM
i agree, besides his constant thought that teams should live and die shooting threes, i cant figure out his accent.....hes a cali guy but sounds like he has a mix of southern drawl and iowa cornfield.....combine that with waiting for that second one to drop and i just dont hear that voice and think "oh yea, he needs to be talking on the air for hours".....

bigwood33
05-10-2011, 04:05 AM
Sometimes he really struggles to string together a complete sentence. He just drives me crazy.

Farmersfan
05-10-2011, 07:46 AM
After hours of dealing with Magic Johnson, Jalen Rose and some of those other guys I can't see singling out Reggie Miller. There are a whole bunch of horrible personalities on sports TV. ESPN needs to understand that just because a guy played the sport it doesn't mean they are able to talk about it................

Txbroadcaster
05-10-2011, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
After hours of dealing with Magic Johnson, Jalen Rose and some of those other guys I can't see singling out Reggie Miller. There are a whole bunch of horrible personalities on sports TV. ESPN needs to understand that just because a guy played the sport it doesn't mean they are able to talk about it................

LOL agree 100%

RoyceTTU
05-10-2011, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
LOL agree 100%

I think I just felt the earth shake :eek: :p

bigwood33
05-10-2011, 07:52 AM
A agree that Magic and Jalen are certainly worse than Reggie but he (Reggie) does color on a game, not halftime or between game commentary. The constant beat down of hearing him throughout a broadcast is almost more than I can bear.

Txbroadcaster
05-10-2011, 07:53 AM
A agree that Magic and Jalen are certainly worse than Reggie but he (Reggie) does color on a game, not halftime or between game commentary. The constant beat down of hearing him throughout a broadcast is almost more than I can bear.

Magic did do color..look it up on youtube, some of the worst TV in history

trojandad
05-10-2011, 07:56 AM

your completely right about the rest, i can tolerate magic just in the fact that he won so much occasionally he'll let it slip out how a real champion looks at a game situation as opposed to the ones (reggie) that won nothing....

Farmersfan
05-10-2011, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
your completely right about the rest, i can tolerate magic just in the fact that he won so much occasionally he'll let it slip out how a real champion looks at a game situation as opposed to the ones (reggie) that won nothing....

At least Magic has a little bit of a personality so the stupid comments and nonsense referrences can be tolerated some. Charles Barkley made a career out of saying stupid stuff. But those other guys are so dry and uninteresting that when you throw in the slaying of the English language it almost becomes unbearable. And the white guy that use to play for the Spurs simply drives me nuts. The name escapes me but his personality will go with me to my grave......................:eek: :eek:

Txbroadcaster
05-10-2011, 08:17 AM
At least Magic has a little bit of a personality so the stupid comments and nonsense referrences can be tolerated some. Charles Barkley made a career out of saying stupid stuff. But those other guys are so dry and uninteresting that when you throw in the slaying of the English language it almost becomes unbearable. And the white guy that use to play for the Spurs simply drives me nuts. The name escapes me but his personality will go with me to my grave......................:eek: :eek:

Steve Kerr?

turbostud
05-10-2011, 08:20 AM
I always thought Bill Walton was horrible.

Emerson1
05-10-2011, 08:21 AM
Hubie Brown(I think that's his name) us pretty bad. So is his partner.

Farmersfan
05-10-2011, 08:33 AM
Steve Kerr?

Not Steve Kerr. I think he has a brother who also played/plays in the NBA. I don't think either one of them was ever relevant in any way. Dang it! I'll google it.

Got it!!

Jon Berry! He irritates the hell out of me.

Txbroadcaster
05-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Not Steve Kerr. I think he has a brother who also played/plays in the NBA. I don't think either one of them was ever relevant in any way. Dang it! I'll google it.

oh Brent Barry( involved in whole Tony PArker Divorce situation)

Farmersfan
05-10-2011, 08:38 AM
oh Brent Barry( involved in whole Tony PArker Divorce situation)

OK. Brent Barry.........

Txbroadcaster
05-10-2011, 08:41 AM
OK. Brent Barry.........

Well..Jon Barry works for ABC and ESPN..but Brent Barry is a former SPur who does some TV work for NBA so not sure which one your talking about now LOL

trojandad
05-10-2011, 08:47 AM
are one of the barry brothers adopted? they look nothing alike and nothing like dad, imo....