http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6515713

zebrablue2
05-09-2011, 07:11 PM
sure hope he stays in aggieland???

coach
05-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
sure hope he stays in aggieland???

i dont...he has about wore out his welcome....cant get past the 2nd round and the offense is awful

bigwood33
05-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by coach
i dont...he has about wore out his welcome....cant get past the 2nd round and the offense is awful
Be careful what you wish for. The Aggies have no basketball pedigree and before Billy Clyde, didn't get in the tournament, let alone past the 2nd round. Turgeon may not be real sexy but they do get into the tournament.

zebrablue2
05-09-2011, 09:11 PM

got your wish! he is now a terp!

Reds fan
05-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Bad news:(

coach
05-09-2011, 09:21 PM
im hearing some great names for his replacement. this will be intresting to see who the ags go after

navscanmaster
05-09-2011, 09:25 PM
im hearing some great names for his replacement. this will be intresting to see who the ags go after

There are some great names, but lets not kid ourselves. A&M is still a stepping stone program in the college basketball world. Great coaches will come here and do good and move on until A&M actually strings together some good runs and recruits their own backyard better than schools 1000 miles away.

coach
05-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
There are some great names, but lets not kid ourselves. A&M is still a stepping stone program in the college basketball world. Great coaches will come here and do good and move on until A&M actually strings together some good runs and recruits their own backyard better than schools 1000 miles away.

are you on texags?

navscanmaster
05-09-2011, 09:27 PM
Heck, I would even venture to say that there is not a "sexy" college basketball job in the state of Texas. Even UT would not be a end all job for a coach if Barnes left. As for Baylor, if Scott Drew moved up and left Waco with his recruiting prowess, how quickly would the Bears be back to in state scraps?

navscanmaster
05-09-2011, 09:28 PM
are you on texags?

Yes, but mainly a reader over there. You can only have intelligent conversation on the premium board.

Txbroadcaster
05-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Heck, I would even venture to say that there is not a "sexy" college basketball job in the state of Texas. Even UT would not be a end all job for a coach if Barnes left. As for Baylor, if Scott Drew moved up and left Waco with his recruiting prowess, how quickly would the Bears be back to in state scraps?

Texas is a strange deal..they have the money, great work out facilities and now high profile as a basketball top program..but they still dont have that buzz of sell outs unless a big game..in saying that I think they could get almost who ever they wanted when Barnes leaves( assuming they stay on par as far as success).

coach
05-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Yes, but mainly a reader over there. You can only have intelligent conversation on the premium board.

those are some intresting coaching suggestions lol

that board hsa more idiots than this one and that's saying something

NastySlot
05-09-2011, 09:56 PM
those are some intresting coaching suggestions lol

that board hsa more idiots than this one and that's saying something

it s full of $mart @$$e$ (texags)

Emerson1
05-09-2011, 10:48 PM
In bigger news Tristan Thompson is now 100% going pro.

coach
05-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
In bigger news Tristan Thompson is now 100% going pro.

big loss for them

NastySlot
05-09-2011, 10:59 PM
I heard both the Canadians were gone.

Red Bull
05-10-2011, 01:20 PM
A&M will make a good hire and keep things going. With the money that will be coming in with new deal ($20 Million) the athletic dept. will be able to hire a very good coach who will keep going what BCG and MT started.

Also, A&M has spent so much on new facilities for basketball. They are top notch. This will be good job for many a coach in this country. We should know in a day or two who the main target is. $ Bill will get his man as he did with the last two.

RoyceTTU
05-10-2011, 01:24 PM
This was tough timing for A&M. They probably had as good a chance of landing BCG as Tech did.

eagles_victory
05-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
This was tough timing for A&M. They probably had as good a chance of landing BCG as Tech did. I don't think that would of happened anyway

RoyceTTU
05-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I don't think that would of happened anyway

IDK, BCG left to take a better job. Unless A&M was butt hurt about BCG's decision or his history scares them.

Txbroadcaster
05-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
IDK, BCG left to take a better job. Unless A&M was butt hurt about BCG's decision or his history scares them.

there were more than a few that was happy to see BCG leave when he did at A&M--remember he was there before he got some help for his problems

coach
05-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
there were more than a few that was happy to see BCG leave when he did at A&M--remember he was there before he got some help for his problems

the majority was not happy at all when he left, but you cant blame a guy for leaving atm for kentucky

Red Bull
05-10-2011, 03:29 PM
There was a lot of bad blood between A&M and BCG when it all ended. It all started when he flirted with Arkansas. Then it went on to Kentucky. I know they say to never say never, but $Bill would NEVER hire Billy Clyde back. You can take that to the bank.

Txbroadcaster
05-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull
There was a lot of bad blood between A&M and BCG when it all ended. It all started when he flirted with Arkansas. Then it went on to Kentucky. I know they say to never say never, but $Bill would NEVER hire Billy Clyde back. You can take that to the bank.

and it goes past the job looking..BGC's drinking was becoming a bit of a legend in the Athletic dept and it was going to have to be addressed soon if he had stayed.

coach
05-10-2011, 06:06 PM
i keep hearing the name buzz williams...this would be a great hire

eagles_victory
05-10-2011, 06:12 PM
i keep hearing the name buzz williams...this would be a great hire His dream job is North Texas not TAMU lol

coach
05-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
His dream job is North Texas not TAMU lol

no unt is holding out for mwynn05

Saggy Aggie
05-10-2011, 06:14 PM
I'm an Aggie and as biased as anyone, but why would he leave Marquette to come to A&M, which is a lateral move at best, IMO.

coach
05-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
I'm an Aggie and as biased as anyone, but why would he leave Marquette to come to A&M, which is a lateral move at best, IMO.

better facilities, more money, he is frmo texas, there ath budget is 7 mil ours is 70 mil

Saggy Aggie
05-10-2011, 06:21 PM
better facilities, more money, he is frmo texas, there ath budget is 7 mil ours is 70 mil But the pay wouldn't be that big of a increase.

And Marquette is a better basketball school than A&M. Does the budget really matter than much?

sahen
05-10-2011, 06:36 PM

Baylor has built top notch facilities since Drew got here...the only big 12 team that was consistantly worse than Baylor at basketball before Drew got to Baylor was the Aggies...i'd say both schools have done a fantastic job of building their programs facility and talent wise the past 10 years or so...A&M has made 2 good hires in a row with gillepsie and turgeon, no reason to think they cant do it again...

NastySlot
05-10-2011, 07:21 PM
But the pay wouldn't be that big of a increase.

And Marquette is a better basketball school than A&M. Does the budget really matter than much?

NastySlot
05-10-2011, 07:23 PM
But the pay wouldn't be that big of a increase.

Marquette is a basketball school period..........the only game on campus.

Maroon87
05-10-2011, 08:49 PM
i keep hearing the name buzz williams...this would be a great hire

He's a former assistant coach at TAMU and TAMU Kingsville, but I'd be amazed if he left a Big East job for the Big XII.

NastySlot
05-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
He's a former assistant coach at TAMU and TAMU Kingsville, but I'd be amazed if he left a Big East job for the Big XII.

the big xii is more of a basketball conference than a football conference.......a lot of good teams in hoops.

Football it's OU and the horns.

coach
05-10-2011, 10:06 PM
i ahve heard some intresting names and it looks like buzz will not be coming to aggieland. i have heard josh pastner, BRUCE PEARL, Tubby Smith and even Jackie Sherril lol

Maroon87
05-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
the big xii is more of a basketball conference than a football conference.......a lot of good teams in hoops.

Football it's OU and the horns.

Granted...but the Big East is a much better hoops conference then the Big XII. At least that's the way I see it right now.

NastySlot
05-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Granted...but the Big East is a much better hoops conference then the Big XII. At least that's the way I see it right now.

without a doubt I agree the conference ESPN built.

Maroon87
05-10-2011, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
without a doubt I agree the conference ESPN built.

LOL that's no lie...

big daddy russ
05-10-2011, 11:13 PM
are you on texags?
Haven't been on texags lately, but they sure seem to have a high opinion of their hoops program. Their faith's about to be seriously challenged...three good consecutive coaching hires is almost impossible.

TAMU finishes next year, even with the returning talent, in the bottom half of both the South and Big XII overall standings.

coach
05-11-2011, 12:30 AM
Josh Pastner turned down an offer from ATM and wants to remain at Memphis.

Damnit!