PDA

View Full Version : You Got to be Kidding Bynum & Odom...

Bullaholic
05-09-2011, 10:33 AM
We all tend to yell loudly when one of our "guys" is cheap-shotted in an athletic event, and usually post-event, most of the players with even a trace of class are remorseful for their actions and apolgize. Not so for Odom and Bynum of the Lakers:

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/05/lakers-andrew-bynum-on-hit-on-jj-barea-w.html

RoyceTTU
05-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
We all tend to yell loudly when one of our "guys" is cheap-shotted in an athletic event, and usually post-event, most of the players with even a trace of class are remorseful for their actions and apolgize. Not so for Odom and Bynum of the Lakers:

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/05/lakers-andrew-bynum-on-hit-on-jj-barea-w.html

Should of just kept scoring. Bunch of knuckleheads :mad:

BEAST
05-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Should of just kept scoring. Bunch of knuckleheads :mad:

I am with you. Remember the BWD/ IP playoff game. If I were the Mavs, I wouldve done the same thing. I would have let Terry back in and told him to keep firing.

BEAST

DavidWooderson
05-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Two Punks. I was just waiting for Artest to do something again.

Txbroadcaster
05-09-2011, 10:50 AM

Blog is kind of misleading..Odom in that blog never commented about his ejection he did say he was embarrassed

I was a little embarrassed," Odom said. "I went to fill the rim out [with the free throw attempt], they were already up 30 [when Nowitzki batted the ball away] and I didn't mean anything by it."

Gsquared
05-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
I am with you. Remember the BWD/ IP playoff game. If I were the Mavs, I wouldve done the same thing. I would have let Terry back in and told him to keep firing.

BEAST

That would have been funny to see Bob Shipley getting into it with Phil Jackson outside the Lakers locker room at half!

Bullaholic
05-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Blog is kind of misleading..Odom in that blog never commented about his ejection he did say he was embarrassed

I was a little embarrassed," Odom said. "I went to fill the rim out [with the free throw attempt], they were already up 30 [when Nowitzki batted the ball away] and I didn't mean anything by it."

But he also said:

"I wasn't surprised," Odom said of his teammate's ejection. "When you're losing by 30, what the (expletive) do you expect?"

Roughneck93
05-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
BEAST

Yup, would have let Terry back in to break the 3 point record on the "Mighty" Lakers. Goons.

theville
05-09-2011, 11:20 AM
classless jerks.

Txbroadcaster
05-09-2011, 11:36 AM
But he also said:

"I wasn't surprised," Odom said of his teammate's ejection. "When you're losing by 30, what the (expletive) do you expect?"

I agree..but I have to ask isnt this what all the "old school" sports fan talk about..that it is to soft now and that in the past it was ok to do this type of thing..i.e Bob Gibson hitting a player after giving up a HR, or Sam Huff or Jack Lambert or Ronnie Lott getting his message across with a dirty play..or Kevin Mchale or Bill Lambieer intimidating the other team with dirty plays to prove a point?( not saying YOU personally believe those)

Bullaholic
05-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I agree..but I have to ask isnt this what all the "old school" sports fan talk about..that it is to soft now and that in the past it was ok to do this type of thing..i.e Bob Gibson hitting a player after giving up a HR, or Sam Huff or Jack Lambert or Ronnie Lott getting his message across with a dirty play..or Kevin Mchale or Bill Lambieer intimidating the other team with dirty plays to prove a point?( not saying YOU personally believe those)

In the old days, TXB, Barrea would have been "tackled" body-on-body which is still plenty physical, but when an elbow and forearm is used up high to try to upend a defenseless player suspended in the air---the intent is to injure---not just send the "hard foul" message.

Bull's-eye
05-09-2011, 03:54 PM
What's the deal with Bynum taking off his jersey? Is he trying to show us that he is tough? Maybe he should pick on somebody his own size, instead of doing a cheap shot to a defenseless PG driving to the basket.

The Lakers are showing their "true" colors. I'm surprised that Fisher & Kobe didn't jump in with Odom & Bynum. Here's 2 clip from the '09 playoffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3O7vTDquPs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PsPATt5_DA

forum_guy
05-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
What's the deal with Bynum taking off his jersey? Is he trying to show us that he is tough? Maybe he should pick on somebody his own size, instead of doing a cheap shot to a defenseless PG driving to the basket.

The Lakers are showing their "true" colors. I'm surprised that Fisher & Kobe didn't jump in with Odom & Bynum. Here's 2 clip from the '09 playoffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3O7vTDquPs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PsPATt5_DA

u laker haters are funny especially you. obviously u don't remember that game very clearly. Scola was setting hard illegal picks all game and lets just say he didn't anymore after that

Bull's-eye
05-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
u laker haters are funny especially you. obviously u don't remember that game very clearly. Scola was setting hard illegal picks all game and lets just say he didn't anymore after that

Typical........Funny that the officials didn't see those so called illegal picks. Explain Kobe giving those knee kicks to the face & I didn't even show Sasha splitting open Battier's head (no foul was called). Didn't Kobe choke Artest? I guess they both choked against the Mavs.

I'm not a Laker hater, just don't like that kind of dirty play. :D :)

LIONS#1
05-09-2011, 05:22 PM
I am a Laker Hater!!!:nerd: :D

THEY SUCK!! Go Mavs!!

forum_guy
05-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Typical........Funny that the official didn't see those so called illegal picks. Explain Kobe giving those knee kicks to the face & I didn't even show Sasha splitting open Battier's head (no foul was called). Didn't Kobe choke Artest? I guess they both choked against the Mavs.

I'm not a Laker hater, just don't like that kind of dirty play. :D :)

i agree with alot of what u said but there comes a time where u gotta get retaliate. As a lakers fan, not only was the series embarassing but the fouls at the end were too. Lakers win as champions and need to lose like champions. A couple of moves need to be made in the offseason and then we can look forward to a possible rematch

Bull's-eye
05-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
Lakers win as champions and need to lose like champions. A couple of moves need to be made in the offseason and then we can look forward to a possible rematch

:iagree:

:)

Buckeye1980
05-10-2011, 12:16 PM
If it not the Mavs, I am, excuse me , I was a Laker fan. NEVER again! That is as obvious lack of class as I have ever seen in a basketball game. There is, and never will be any excuse for it. If Jackson wanted to get in a player face, that should been the time to do it. I have lost all respect for Jackson as a coach and any player for the Lakers.