PDA

View Full Version : Things could get A LOT worse for tOSU

Old Tiger
05-07-2011, 09:42 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6499662

Dogman_1969
05-07-2011, 12:22 PM
NCAA should suspend Pryor and any other kids that were guilty on the tattoo scandal and this one. That is 2 strikes. Now that the draft is over they should suspend those players for the year.

Just my opinion........

LH Panther Mom
05-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
NCAA should suspend Pryor and any other kids that were guilty on the tattoo scandal and this one. That is 2 strikes. Now that the draft is over they should suspend those players for the year.

Just my opinion........
I agree with that, but if Tressell knew about some of it as early as he reportedly did and still let them play, he deserves whatever the NCAA can throw at him. It'll probably end up similar to Neuheisel - he'll resign beforehand, then get another high profile job, with more of the same. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dogman_1969
05-07-2011, 04:35 PM
I agree that tressel should get banned from attending or broadcasting any NCAA event for at least a year. This would keep him from just swapping schools and would send a big time message to everyone.

Old Tiger
05-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969

Just my opinion........ Suspending the players isn't enough

They need to lose at the least 20 scholarships, 5 year bowl ban, and a 10 year probation. Tressel should be banned for at least a year or two from NCAA activities.

This isn't as bad as SMU but it is the modern equivalent of what they were doing then and way worse than USC and Reggie Bush. It is beyond lack of institutional control.

Bull Butter
05-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Suspending the players isn't enough

This isn't as bad as SMU but it is the modern equivalent of what they were doing then and way worse than USC and Reggie Bush. It is beyond lack of institutional control.

When your school's President comes out with a statement like " I hope Tressel doesn't fire me" It is clear that there is NO institutional control.

RoyceTTU
05-08-2011, 11:45 AM
2 words "death penalty". Enough is enough

coach
05-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
2 words "death penalty". Enough is enough

no....thatt's waaaayyyy to strong...yes the messed up and yes they deserve harsh punishment. but it's the DEATH penalty. It has already killed one powerhouse, let's not kill another. I say fire Coach Vest and ban them from bowl games for 3 years and take away some scholarships.

Old Tiger
05-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by coach
no....thatt's waaaayyyy to strong...yes the messed up and yes they deserve harsh punishment. but it's the DEATH penalty. It has already killed one powerhouse, let's not kill another. I say fire Coach Vest and ban them from bowl games for 3 years and take away some scholarships. USC got 2 year bowl ban for the reggie bush thing.....this is WAY bigger. Seeing as the head coach and other high ranking officials at tOSU knew about what was going on but didn't report anything and LIED to NCAA face about it.

RoyceTTU
05-09-2011, 08:15 AM
no....thatt's waaaayyyy to strong...yes the messed up and yes they deserve harsh punishment. but it's the DEATH penalty. It has already killed one powerhouse, let's not kill another. I say fire Coach Vest and ban them from bowl games for 3 years and take away some scholarships.

Really:confused:

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content//local_news/stories/2009/05/31/FERPA_OSU.ART_ART_05-31-09_A14_D4E14K6.html?sid=101

Ohio State under Tressel's tenure has more recruiting violations than anyone in the nation. AND HE LIED ABOUT KNOWING ABOUT SOME OF THEM. :doh:

Somethings got to give. My vote is you knock the one off that's the worse and send shockwaves through the the nation.

bolshavik
05-09-2011, 12:49 PM
What else is ole Tressel hiding under that sweater vest???

sahen
05-09-2011, 01:01 PM

maybe we shouldn't "kill" a school's program but to argue not to use it because they are a powerhouse is obscene...they are a powerhouse because they are blatantly cheating, lying, and bending rules....

it is a shame that SMU ruined the death penalty punishment by basically abandoning trying in football for so long...if it would have been other schools they would have gotten back on their feet eventually i believe and all this stigma attached to the death penalty in football wouldnt be there...when you commit the rules violations that some of these schools commit you deserve to have your program toasted for a while and being forced to start over from square 1...it isnt like tOSU doesn't have the alumni or fan base to come back from a death penalty like situation, it would just take them a while to rebuild the program but considering it is all built on cheating and lying right now that is probably what they deserve...

bolshavik
05-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by sahen
maybe we shouldn't "kill" a school's program but to argue not to use it because they are a powerhouse is obscene...they are a powerhouse because they are blatantly cheating, lying, and bending rules....

it is a shame that SMU ruined the death penalty punishment by basically abandoning trying in football for so long...if it would have been other schools they would have gotten back on their feet eventually i believe and all this stigma attached to the death penalty in football wouldnt be there...when you commit the rules violations that some of these schools commit you deserve to have your program toasted for a while and being forced to start over from square 1...it isnt like tOSU doesn't have the alumni or fan base to come back from a death penalty like situation, it would just take them a while to rebuild the program but considering it is all built on cheating and lying right now that is probably what they deserve...

Strong words coming from a guy with BU on his profile. Baylor should of been given the death penalty in Basketball. Name another program where the Coach is on tape trying to make the murder of one of his players even worse by saying that the guy was a drug user etc..And ya better tread lightly cuz i have heard rumblings about the current regime there too...

Old Tiger
05-09-2011, 05:56 PM

it is a shame that SMU ruined the death penalty punishment by basically abandoning trying in football for so long...if it would have been other schools they would have gotten back on their feet eventually i believe and all this stigma attached to the death penalty in football wouldnt be there...when you commit the rules violations that some of these schools commit you deserve to have your program toasted for a while and being forced to start over from square 1...it isnt like tOSU doesn't have the alumni or fan base to come back from a death penalty like situation, it would just take them a while to rebuild the program but considering it is all built on cheating and lying right now that is probably what they deserve... From everything I read Tressel has been doing this kinda stuff since he was at Youngstown.

Sweetwater Red
05-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
From everything I read Tressel has been doing this kinda stuff since he was at Youngstown.

Yep. But, was forgotten because it was a small school.

I just don't see anyway a guy that has been preaching integrity, honesty, hard work etc. the
entire time he has been at Ohio St. can survive this. He no longer has any credibility left.

Ohio St. won't receive a death penalty equal to what SMU received. But, I do think it will be
severe.

sahen
05-09-2011, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by bolshavik
Strong words coming from a guy with BU on his profile. Baylor should of been given the death penalty in Basketball. Name another program where the Coach is on tape trying to make the murder of one of his players even worse by saying that the guy was a drug user etc..And ya better tread lightly cuz i have heard rumblings about the current regime there too...

the current regime is fine...people r just mad he can recruit (just like he did at valpo before baylor) so they start crazy rumors...the NCAA just finished an investigation at Baylor and all they came up with was that Perry Jones mom took a loan when he was a sophomore in high school (which he had no idea of) from an AAU coach that she paid back, which has nothing to do w/ Baylor except that he plays here....so it sucked for us when he got suspended

yes, Bliss lied to investigators and tried to frame that kid and it was wrong...but that was one person covering things up and what he did was illegal in the court of law, however it was not an NCAA violation...as a matter of fact the only NCAA rule broken was that Bliss paid like 1 or 2 grand of Dennehy's (the player that died) tuition yet the NCAA felt it necessary to ream us for actions Bliss shouldve paid for in the court of law...compared to tOSU the actual NCAA violations that we had were nothing, but an explayer who was obviously mentally ill killed another so the PR was too much for the NCAA to actually only punish us for our NCAA violations and decided they would try to do their best to nail the program for the black eye the murder caused college basketball as well...basically we had a coach that lied about paying some tuition for a kid while tOSU is obviously fostering an atmosphere of blatant cheating across multiple sports....there is a difference...also, i guess you weren't paying attention but they gave us the worst punishment since SMU and took away half a season, so in essence they gave us the half death penalty not to mention countless other sanctions....if the NCAA even entertained taking away one game from tOSU i'd be shocked, if they gave them a punishment that equaled ours and took away half the season plus multiple scholarships and recruiting sanctions then that would mean they are ice skating in hell...

we more than paid for our transgressions at Baylor...it would be nice if they made tOSU pay for theirs as well, but im not holding my breath...

bolshavik
05-10-2011, 09:51 PM
the current regime is fine...people r just mad he can recruit (just like he did at valpo before baylor) so they start crazy rumors...the NCAA just finished an investigation at Baylor and all they came up with was that Perry Jones mom took a loan when he was a sophomore in high school (which he had no idea of) from an AAU coach that she paid back, which has nothing to do w/ Baylor except that he plays here....so it sucked for us when he got suspended

yes, Bliss lied to investigators and tried to frame that kid and it was wrong...but that was one person covering things up and what he did was illegal in the court of law, however it was not an NCAA violation...as a matter of fact the only NCAA rule broken was that Bliss paid like 1 or 2 grand of Dennehy's (the player that died) tuition yet the NCAA felt it necessary to ream us for actions Bliss shouldve paid for in the court of law...compared to tOSU the actual NCAA violations that we had were nothing, but an explayer who was obviously mentally ill killed another so the PR was too much for the NCAA to actually only punish us for our NCAA violations and decided they would try to do their best to nail the program for the black eye the murder caused college basketball as well...basically we had a coach that lied about paying some tuition for a kid while tOSU is obviously fostering an atmosphere of blatant cheating across multiple sports....there is a difference...also, i guess you weren't paying attention but they gave us the worst punishment since SMU and took away half a season, so in essence they gave us the half death penalty not to mention countless other sanctions....if the NCAA even entertained taking away one game from tOSU i'd be shocked, if they gave them a punishment that equaled ours and took away half the season plus multiple scholarships and recruiting sanctions then that would mean they are ice skating in hell...

we more than paid for our transgressions at Baylor...it would be nice if they made tOSU pay for theirs as well, but im not holding my breath...

Well said... Im sure OSU will only get a slap on the wrist.