PDA

View Full Version : Texas Rangers

Txbroadcaster
05-06-2011, 07:33 AM
I know alot of people are focusing on the pitching with the bullpen issues and injuries, but the offense has been really bad

Kinsler, Andrus, Cruz and Napoli are not hitting at all...If they dont right ship at the plate soon they are in big trouble IMO

GrTigers6
05-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I know alot of people are focusing on the pitching with the bullpen issues and injuries, but the offense has been really bad

Kinsler, Andrus, Cruz and Napoli are not hitting at all...If they dont right ship at the plate soon they are in big trouble IMO I agree, i havent even bothered watching them lately

waterboy
05-06-2011, 07:53 AM
I agree. For the first time this season the Rangers are in second place in their division. I have faith that the Rangers will right the ship soon and get on a winning streak. It's only a matter of time, in my opinion. Getting players back off IR will certainly help, too. There's no need for panic yet.

Buckeye1980
05-06-2011, 12:07 PM

Kinsler, Andrus, Cruz and Napoli are not hitting at all...If they dont right ship at the plate soon they are in big trouble IMO

I CANNOT believe you people! The season is not even 1/4 of the way and you are pushing the panic button. The Rangers are in same position as last year and I believe that turned out OK. Right now they are holding their own without the reigning MVP and Rookie of the Year. COME ON PEOPLE .....GET A GRIP!

eagles_victory
05-06-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
I CANNOT believe you people! The season is not even 1/4 of the way and you are pushing the panic button. The Rangers are in same position as last year and I believe that turned out OK. Right now they are holding their own without the reigning MVP and Rookie of the Year. COME ON PEOPLE .....GET A GRIP! This is a whole different year. You can't just write it off by saying oh they did this last year. This team looks BAD

GrTigers6
05-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Who said we were panicking?

coach
05-06-2011, 02:46 PM

well for starters...ian kinsler is not a lead off man. i dont understand why ron has him there

GrTigers6
05-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by coach
well for starters...ian kinsler is not a lead off man. i dont understand why ron has him there He was the first 3 games:D

Txbroadcaster
05-06-2011, 05:02 PM
I CANNOT believe you people! The season is not even 1/4 of the way and you are pushing the panic button. The Rangers are in same position as last year and I believe that turned out OK. Right now they are holding their own without the reigning MVP and Rookie of the Year. COME ON PEOPLE .....GET A GRIP!

no panic here..just making a point

yoefan23
05-06-2011, 10:49 PM
I really thought that they should have picked up the option on Vladimir. I know they would have been paying him alot more this year but his bat makes up for his mobility issues and age. Still a feared hitter, plus he was in a hitters ballpark. They could have really used his presence right about now.

eagles_victory
05-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by yoefan23
I really thought that they should have picked up the option on Vladimir. I know they would have been paying him alot more this year but his bat makes up for his mobility issues and age. Still a feared hitter, plus he was in a hitters ballpark. They could have really used his presence right about now. I disagree they have proven hitters with a tract record and plenty of them right now they just aren't getting it done

coach
05-06-2011, 11:37 PM
only one hitting is mkie young. they are missing josh bad right now and to make matters worse arguably our best pitcher Alexi Ogando could miss his next start bc of blisters.....

Farmersfan
05-09-2011, 08:44 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :doh:

I think the Rangers are also in the same position they were in 2009, 2008 and almost every other season before last season. What did they do those years? One fluke season where the other 3 AL West teams failed to complete and you are acting like the Rangers are now expected to win the division. I told everyone a month ago that the Rangers won't win the division or even make the playoffs unless they can win 94+ games. And considering they have only done this once in their history I don't think we can expect it this season. Ownership needs to realize it takes pitching to win 95 games consistently in this league. The young talent is great and when they get their bats going they are tough to beat but just like the WS showed us, Great pitching beats great hitting every time! WE NEED BETTER PITCHERS!!!

Txbroadcaster
05-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
:eek: :eek: :eek: :doh:

I think the Rangers are also in the same position they were in 2009, 2008 and almost every other season before last season. What did they do those years? One fluke season where the other 3 AL West teams failed to complete and you are acting like the Rangers are now expected to win the division. I told everyone a month ago that the Rangers won't win the division or even make the playoffs unless they can win 94+ games. And considering they have only done this once in their history I don't think we can expect it this season. Ownership needs to realize it takes pitching to win 95 games consistently in this league. The young talent is great and when they get their bats going they are tough to beat but just like the WS showed us, Great pitching beats great hitting every time! WE NEED BETTER PITCHERS!!!

amazing how that "fluke" season carried over into winning two rounds in the play offs...so glad all of that was a fluke

RoyceTTU
05-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Call me whatever. I'm panicing a bit. :hairpunk:

They are not playing that great and I fear if they do not get a sizable lead heading into the months when the heat is the worse, they will not be able to withstand. Now Nellie is headed to the DL with another leg muscle problem (which he had problems all last year) and the hitting isn't even that great with him.

Maybe I'm crazy but I think it might be time to make a move/trade whatever for a decent hitting outfielder in case Hamilton/Cruz have problems throughout the year.

Farmersfan
05-09-2011, 09:43 AM
amazing how that "fluke" season carried over into winning two rounds in the play offs...so glad all of that was a fluke

Cliff Lee was an unstoppable force in the playoffs and the other pitchers fed off his intensity and performed very well for a while. The two automatic wins for Lee in each series was huge. How did the Rangers do in the WS agianst outstanding pitching when Lee looked human and wasn't the dominating force he had been before? The Rangers "HITTERS" averaged 2.5 runs a game (got blanked twice).

And I'm not sure how you don't think it's a fluke. Simply look at the history of this club and the history of the AL West!

Txbroadcaster
05-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Cliff Lee was an unstoppable force in the playoffs and the other pitchers fed off his intensity and performed very well for a while. The two automatic wins for Lee in each series was huge. How did the Rangers do in the WS agianst outstanding pitching when Lee looked human and wasn't the dominating force he had been before? The Rangers "HITTERS" averaged 2.5 runs a game (got blanked twice).

And I'm not sure how you don't think it's a fluke. Simply look at the history of this club and the history of the AL West!

once the Rangers won two rounds in the play offs it proved it was not a fluke IMO

Roughneck93
05-09-2011, 10:02 AM
Kinsler has to come off that lead off spot. Seems like he's swinging for the fences every at bat. Cruz can't stay healthy, and with Josh out, those two have become so injury prone. I think they will be there in the end though. But it will have to be as the division champ not the wildcard.

Farmersfan
05-09-2011, 10:08 AM
once the Rangers won two rounds in the play offs it proved it was not a fluke IMO

IMO your opinion is wrong! :D :D

No, I agree that winning the two series was no fluke. The Rangers were a deserving team at that point in the season. But just getting to the playoffs is what was a fluke. Don't make me "Whip this out" TXB......:hand: You saw the numbers. Getting to the playoffs with 90 wins when 90% of the time it would take them more than 94 wins certainly constitutes a fluke to me. If they do it again this season with 90 wins I will be convinced it wasn't a once every 40 years event.

Txbroadcaster
05-09-2011, 10:11 AM
IMO your opinion is wrong! :D :D

No, I agree that winning the two series was no fluke. The Rangers were a deserving team at that point in the season. But just getting to the playoffs is what was a fluke. Don't make me "Whip this out" TXB......:hand: You saw the numbers. Getting to the playoffs with 90 wins when 90% of the time it would take them more than 94 wins certainly constitutes a fluke to me. If they do it again this season with 90 wins I will be convinced it wasn't a once every 40 years event.

and I showed that your numbers were easily disputed, but you argued it and we disagreed simple as that..I dont care if the first place team won 162 games...it all depends on the 2nd place team and their wins to determine what would win the division.

Farmersfan
05-09-2011, 03:54 PM
and I showed that your numbers were easily disputed, but you argued it and we disagreed simple as that..I dont care if the first place team won 162 games...it all depends on the 2nd place team and their wins to determine what would win the division.

Are you being obtuse on purpose or do you really not understand? The question NEVER WAS how many wins did it take for the actual divisional winner to win the division each season. The question was how many wins would have taken the RANGERS to win the division.

2006 AL West final rankings:

A's 93 wins 69 losses
Angels 89 wins 73 losses
Rangers 80 wins 82 losses
mariners78 wins 84 losses

How many wins would it have taken the Rangers to win the divison that season????

bwdlionfan
05-09-2011, 06:08 PM
Are you being obtuse on purpose or do you really not understand? The question NEVER WAS how many wins did it take for the actual divisional winner to win the division each season. The question was how many wins would have taken the RANGERS to win the division.

2006 AL West final rankings:

A's 93 wins 69 losses
Angels 89 wins 73 losses
Rangers 80 wins 82 losses
mariners78 wins 84 losses

How many wins would it have taken the Rangers to win the divison that season????

The answer you're looking for is 94, BUT

The Rangers could have won the west that season with 88 wins. Had they won 6 more games against the A's that would have dropped the A's to 87 wins raising the Rangers to 86. If they had also won 2 more games against the Angels, that would have left the Rangers and A's with 88 and dropped the Angels to 87 in a tie with the A's.

coach
05-10-2011, 12:05 AM
we will continue to play like tonight untiol we get more pitching and fix our lineup

Farmersfan
05-10-2011, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
The answer you're looking for is 94, BUT

The Rangers could have won the west that season with 88 wins. Had they won 6 more games against the A's that would have dropped the A's to 87 wins raising the Rangers to 86. If they had also won 2 more games against the Angels, that would have left the Rangers and A's with 88 and dropped the Angels to 87 in a tie with the A's.

I'm not interested in "Buts"! At least not yours.........:D

The whole point was that someone in this division almost always wins at least 94 games. (never the Rangers). that is the benchmark for consistently winning the division. And because the AL East is so competitive the Wildcard win total is usually higher than that.

Farmersfan
05-10-2011, 08:08 AM
we will continue to play like tonight untiol we get more pitching and fix our lineup

Not to mention the constant errors and mental mistakes!

Txbroadcaster
05-10-2011, 08:14 AM
I'm not interested in "Buts"! At least not yours.........:D

but your whole thing is nothing but if ands and buts

Farmersfan
05-10-2011, 08:30 AM
but your whole thing is nothing but if ands and buts

Couldn't be further from the truth TXB........

We have the FACTS of how the divisional records turned out every single season since Moses played for the Mariners! You and some others are the ones trying to change the facts to fit your arguement.... not me.

Txbroadcaster
05-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Couldn't be further from the truth TXB........

We have the FACTS of how the divisional records turned out every single season since Moses played for the Mariners! You and some others are the ones trying to change the facts to fit your arguement.... not me.

so if a team wins lets say 95 games to win a division and Texas wins 85 games..your going to assume that Texas has to win 11 more games to win the division that year and in those 11 games none of them would be agianst the the division winner?

Both arguments are full of what if scenarios and is just conjecture after the fact

Farmersfan
05-10-2011, 09:26 AM
so if a team wins lets say 95 games to win a division and Texas wins 85 games..your going to assume that Texas has to win 11 more games to win the division that year and in those 11 games none of them would be agianst the the division winner?

Both arguments are full of what if scenarios and is just conjecture after the fact

Wow! Now you are arguing assumptions to try to disprove FACTS.

Txbroadcaster
05-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Wow! Now you are arguing assumptions to try to disprove FACTS.

whatever..u have not proved fact you have gave conjecture( just as I have as well).

waterboy
05-10-2011, 09:34 AM
:doh: Good grief! It doesn't matter how many wins it takes to win a division! Just win the dang thing!:hand: If you win the division, what does the actual number of wins matter? Geeeesssh....:hand:

Txbroadcaster
05-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
:doh: Good grief! It doesn't matter how many wins it takes to win a division! Just win the dang thing!:hand: If you win the division, what does the actual number of wins matter? Geeeesssh....:hand:

yea i feel that way as well..I will take a team going .500 but winning a division over a 99 win team sitting at home come play off time

Farmersfan
05-10-2011, 03:18 PM

Seriously? The Rangers have won the division 4 times in 40 years and have never made the playoffs as a wildcard team and it doesn't matter? There is a reason this team misses the playoffs 90% of the time.............................................. ... THEY DON'T WIN ENOUGH GAMES! That's why it matters.

ccmom
05-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Seriously? The Rangers have won the division 4 times in 40 years and have never made the playoffs as a wildcard team and it doesn't matter? There is a reason this team misses the playoffs 90% of the time.............................................. ... THEY DON'T WIN ENOUGH GAMES! That's why it matters.

:hijacktd: ...FF, have you ever been to a meet and greet? Just curious...:thinking:

Farmersfan
05-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
:hijacktd: ...FF, have you ever been to a meet and greet? Just curious...:thinking:

Never have. Why?

waterboy
05-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Most of us live in the "NOW". What has happened in the past cannot be changed. The truth of the matter is it DOES NOT matter what they did yesterday, last month, last year, or many years ago. What matters is whether they win enough to get into the playoffs. When they get to the playoffs they'll have just as good a chance as anybody who won 100+ games in the regular season. It's who plays best once they are in that counts.

Farmersfan
05-10-2011, 03:55 PM
Most of us live in the "NOW". What has happened in the past cannot be changed. The truth of the matter is it DOES NOT matter what they did yesterday, last month, last year, or many years ago. What matters is whether they win enough to get into the playoffs. When they get to the playoffs they'll have just as good a chance as anybody who won 100+ games in the regular season. It's who plays best once they are in that counts.

When did we start talking about LIVING waterboy? I thought we were discussing sports and making predictions about the future. If you don't use the past to help predict the future then I don't recommend you do any betting. (with anyone but me that is) :D :D

GrTigers6
05-10-2011, 03:56 PM
When did we start talking about LIVING waterboy? I thought we were discussing sports and making predictions about the future. If you don't use the past to help predict the future then I don't recommend you do any betting. (with anyone but me that is) :D :D If I would used the past to bet on the cowboys last year, I would have lost a lot of Money:D

Farmersfan
05-10-2011, 03:56 PM

Just for kicks and giggles waterboy, tell me how many wins you predict it will take for the Rangers to get into the playoffs this season.............................And how you come by that number.

waterboy
05-10-2011, 03:59 PM
When did we start talking about LIVING waterboy? I thought we were discussing sports and making predictions about the future. If you don't use the past to help predict the future then I don't recommend you do any betting. (with anyone but me that is) :D :D
Okay.........let me know when you can change the past. Until then, I ain't worried about it. I don't bet, but I've been known to be right more often than being wrong when it comes to sports predictions.;) IF I were a betting man, taking your money would be easy more times than not....:D

Txbroadcaster
05-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Just for kicks and giggles waterboy, tell me how many wins you predict it will take for the Rangers to get into the playoffs this season.............................And how you come by that number.

I think it will take about 85-88 wins to take the west this year

waterboy
05-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Does it really matter? As long as they make the playoffs the actual number of wins is irrelevant. What is your prediction, and I'll tell you mine.:p

ccmom
05-10-2011, 04:08 PM

1/2 a game more than the team behind em....isn't that all that matters? :doh:

waterboy
05-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
1/2 a game more than the team behind em....isn't that all that matters? :doh:
To the rest of us in the sane world, YES!:D

eagleqb_14
05-10-2011, 04:16 PM
:confused:

coach
05-10-2011, 04:24 PM
ron has finally got on here and listened to me. he is dropping ian to the 3 hole

Farmersfan
05-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Does it really matter? As long as they make the playoffs the actual number of wins is irrelevant. What is your prediction, and I'll tell you mine.:p

The Rangers will need 94 wins to make the playoffs as a divisional winner. The wildcard team again this season will come out of the East with 95+ wins. How do I know this? Because that is what has happened almost every season since Jesus played shortstop.................................

waterboy
05-11-2011, 03:48 PM
The Rangers will need 94 wins to make the playoffs as a divisional winner. The wildcard team again this season will come out of the East with 95+ wins. How do I know this? Because that is what has happened almost every season since Jesus played shortstop.................................
I'll say 91 wins will win the West, and 93 to 95 will win the wild card, and I do agree that that team will be from the East.

RoyceTTU
05-11-2011, 03:49 PM

"Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano.

"Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Eddie Harris

GrTigers6
05-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
"Ahh, Jesus, I like him very much, but He no help with curveball." - Serrano.

"Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?" - Eddie Harris He can play shortstop though:D

coach
05-11-2011, 05:01 PM
rangers lost to mother nature today...up 7-0 and mitch moreland hit a grandslam only to be washed away by the rain

waterboy
05-11-2011, 05:04 PM
rangers lost to mother nature today...up 7-0 and mitch moreland hit a grandslam only to be washed away by the rain
I can't remember.....if a game is postponed, does that mean when they make up the game it starts all over, and not where they left off? I think they should have to start the makeup game where this one left off. Unfortunately, I don't think that's the way they do it. Mitch Moreland's first grandslam will not be on the record books, right?

coach
05-11-2011, 05:07 PM
I can't remember.....if a game is postponed, does that mean when they make up the game it starts all over, and not where they left off? I think they should have to start the makeup game where this one left off. Unfortunately, I don't think that's the way they do it. Mitch Moreland's first grandslam will not be on the record books, right?

it is completely gone....start over 0-0 and moreland's grand slam is no more