PDA

View Full Version : Smithville vs. Sealy baseball 1st round

jrhernandez7
05-05-2011, 09:48 PM
via Smithville Athletics Facebook page: Smithville picks up the win tonight vs Sealy, 5-3! Game 2 tomorrow night at 7:30 pm in Weimar

XMan
05-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Sealy, Columbus, Bellville, all weak.

SHSBulldog00
05-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by XMan

I've seen Sealy a few times this year not impressed but have not seen Columbus or Bellville.

jrhernandez7
05-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Smithville was playing there first baseball playoff game in school history. Now lets see if they can get there first playoff series win in school history.

SHSBulldog00
05-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Congrats to the boys from Smithville!:clap:

jrhernandez7
05-05-2011, 10:04 PM
no need to congrats just yet. My fear is Smithville may be short on pitching the rest of the series, not knowing anything about sealy. This series is far from over im thinking.

SHSBulldog00
05-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Did Sealy throw #1? He is their best pitcher IMO.

hookandladder
05-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
no need to congrats just yet. My fear is Smithville may be short on pitching the rest of the series, not knowing anything about sealy. This series is far from over im thinking.

Smithville will take care of business tomorrrow, ball will start looking bigger and bigger after this first win.

jrhernandez7
05-05-2011, 10:30 PM
i dont know who Sealy pitched was not in attendance. Relaying info from the website, but will tomorow and be on the lookout, and i sure hope so hook.

hookandladder
05-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by jrhernandez7
i dont know who Sealy pitched was not in attendance. Relaying info from the website, but will tomorow and be on the lookout, and i sure hope so hook.

When the better team wins the first one , second game is a lot easier. Smithville will win, who threw for you tonight.

jrhernandez7
05-05-2011, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
When the better team wins the first one , second game is a lot easier. Smithville will win, who threw for you tonight.

#13 says the s'v facebook page.

Yoe_09
05-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by XMan

Good win for the Smithville baseball program in general.

What Bellville has going for them is the rotation from what I saw in our warm-up game Tuesday. The biggest weakness is the offense. They are going to have problems scoring runs with a quality arm on the mound.

Have another one in Bellville tomorrow evening at 6:00.

957tiger
05-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Sealy has four maybe five pitchers. The number #1 pitcher has been on the disabled list. He was back last night and got a hit. Not sure if he is healed enough to take the mound. Hill battled through a tight strike zone, equally tight for both pitchers. Not so sure about the delayed called third strike to end the game.

Overall Smithville was better last night even though the hit count was 8 to 6 in favor of Sealy. Sealy batters came away empty from the plate 10 times. Just can't do that if you want to advance. Give it to Smithville they hit the ball when needed. Solid catching effort and their pitcher got stronger after some early control problems. CF caught everything in the outfield. Sealy may not have the stongest team on the field but they do have players who will not give up and look for opportunities.

I think Sealy has a quicker team, but if you don't get on base you can't score. I see a closer game tonight with Sealy getting the win to force a game three

buff4ever
05-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Good job Smithville Tigers, finish it up.

957tiger
05-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Sealy came out strong and forced a game three with a win over Smithville tonight 10-0. This was a run-rule game with the Sealy bats accounting for 11 hits, while allowing only 2 for Smithville.
Barrett pitched for Sealy and received plenty of help in the field and at the plate. Game three will decide who advances to the next round to meet Bridge City

The game will be carried live and online at www.sealysports.com
and also at K-MAC Sports.com Pregame at 11:30 with the first pitch scheduled for 12:00 at Veterans Memorial Park in Weimer

jrhernandez7
05-07-2011, 12:45 AM
ouch. smithville took one on the chin tonight in a 10 run rule loss. inconsistency has been in S'V's d.n.a this year. Going be intresting to see who shows up in game 3, the team that beat both LG an Giddings or the team that got run ruled against Navasota.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
05-07-2011, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
When the better team wins the first one , second game is a lot easier. Smithville will win, .

Sealy 10-0?

jrhernandez7
05-07-2011, 01:28 PM
8-3 smithville up in the bottom 4th. Smithville is rebounding nicely after last nights drumming they got.