PDA

View Full Version : I am begging for help here

bobcat1
05-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Some of you know my brother's wife is fighting cancer. It is about to financially wipe them out. She hasn't been able to work at all with this carp.

Jigum Jigs, Ernest Paty, and Cliff Spindle Guide service have already donated fishing items to the Silent Auction and I appreciate them for doing so. We have a gun raffle for a Weatherby Vanguard 257 Magnum and scope and you can contact my son Jacob at 817-851-2704 for that Tickets are $10 a piece and is being run like a football pool. If that one sells out we will be doing another gun like a Benelli Shotgun at $20 a square. All are welcome to attend just please let us know by calling the phone number on the flyer below or sending me a PM. Any and all donations will be greatly appreciated by them and me.

I am catching fish as fast as I can hoping to have plenty of Crappie. There will also be BBQ and Hotdogs. I heard there might be a Lemon Roll too and it is a blast to watch and participate in. I heard there are free T-Shirts for all donations with your name printed on it. Rena, the lady with the phone number on the brochure, 940-631-2564 can get you the details on that. Cash donations are accepted too. We have set up a 501c3 bank account for that. Cash donations are accepted too.
We have set up a bank account at Citibank with the account name "Stomp It Susan" for that. You can email my niece at chelc_dawn@sbcglobal.net to get the banking information. You can also send anything to me at 3916 Fairfield Place, Frisco, TX 75035

I really did not know how to do this and did not want to and I hope no one gets offended with it. But I had to do it for them. I know all too well times are tough all over. So help if you want to but please pray for them and us if you can't. Thanks!

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6996/doent2.png

We have set up a bank account at Citibank with the account name "Stomp It Susan" for that. You can email my niece at chelc_dawn@sbcglobal.net to get the banking information. You can also send anything to me at 3916 Fairfield Place, Frisco, TX 75035

44INAROW
05-05-2011, 02:54 PM
looks like a great benefit and well organized.. Prayers for your brother and his wife... check your PM's in a minute or two. :)

BEAST
05-05-2011, 02:57 PM
I will see what I can do. Heres a thought tho. Its called a 50/50 raffle. Get say 200 tickets. Sale them for $20 each. The pot will be $4000.00. The winner gets 50% and you keep 50%. Its a very easy way to drum up some money. My sons sports team use it all the time to raise money.

BEAST

ccmom
05-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I will see what I can do. Heres a thought tho. Its called a 50/50 raffle. Get say 200 tickets. Sale them for $20 each. The pot will be $4000.00. The winner gets 50% and you keep 50%. Its a very easy way to drum up some money. My sons sports team use it all the time to raise money.

BEAST

Wylie Booster Club has a 50/50 drawing at every home football game. It's a great and easy way to make money!!

Good luck to your family!! I will call and buy some tickets.

44INAROW
05-05-2011, 03:12 PM

BEAST
lots of times, benefit golf tourneys have nice prize money and most of the guys will donate the $$ back to the benefit.. Just another idea.

BEAST
05-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
lots of times, benefit golf tourneys have nice prize money and most of the guys will donate the $$ back to the benefit.. Just another idea.

Exactly.

BEAST

bobcat1
05-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Thanks everyone. Those are great ideas!

trojandad
05-05-2011, 04:46 PM
will tell my brother, bobcat.....he fishes maybe 20 tournaments a year, maybe he can get the word to them....ill call, for sure....

God bless your sister in law, and all her family, you included....

bobcat1
05-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Thanks trojandad. Some of the Celina folks may remember her. She worked at the high school. Her name is Susan Vann.

SintonFan
05-05-2011, 08:51 PM
bobcat1, I can't help right now but we will keep Susan and her family in our prayers.
God bless here.

bobcat1
05-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
bobcat1, I can't help right now but we will keep Susan and her family in our prayers.
God bless here. That is the best of all help. Thanks and Gob Bless you!

44INAROW
05-05-2011, 10:38 PM
At Bobcat's request, I made an edit on the contact info in the original (1st) post...(it's in RED and I messed up the edit) sorry.. but you get the idea :)

bobcat1
05-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Looks fine 44! Thanks!

I just got word the tickets for the Weatherby rifle is sold out. Thanks!!! We started another raffle for a Benelli 12ga M2 with woodstock. The tickets are are $20 each. You can contact my son Jacob at 817-851-2704 for those tickets. You can also take the certificate and swap around for something different at the gunshop if you choose.

BEAST
05-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Bobcat, I will be sending something to you in the mail.

BEAST

bobcat1
05-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Bobcat, I will be sending something to you in the mail.

BEAST Thanks my friend! We appreciate it!

BEAST
05-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Thanks my friend! We appreciate it!

Just went out during lunch. Tell her to keep fighting.

BEAST

MUSTANG69
05-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Sent a little something in the mail today. Hope it helps.

AP Panther Fan
05-06-2011, 03:04 PM
bobcat1 ....

Just so happens, I committed to make a donation to the Breast Cancer Society...

I think they will get over it, so I would like to send you a check. Should I make it out to Susan or you? Either way, I guess I can mail it to you, right?

44INAROW
05-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Sent a little something in the mail today. Hope it helps.
ditto here - went out in today's mail - to your address.........

bobcat1
05-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Just went out during lunch. Tell her to keep fighting.

BEAST UDAMAN! Thanks again!

Sent a little something in the mail today. Hope it helps. That's awesome! Thanks!

Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
bobcat1 ....

I think they will get over it, so I would like to send you a check. Should I make it out to Susan or you? Either way, I guess I can mail it to you, right? Either way it will get there. My name is Bobby Barnett or you can make it straight to Susan Vann. Thanks so much!!!!

Originally posted by 44INAROW
ditto here - went out in today's mail - to your address......... You are awesome! Thanks so much for your help!

bobcat1
05-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Thanks BwdLion73 for your pm and donation! You guys and girls are all awesome! I am floored with the outpouring of support so far.

bobcat1
05-07-2011, 07:42 PM
*Benelli M2 shotgun with wood stock update* There are right at 50 squares left right now at $20 a piece. If you are interested in getting in you can contact my son Jacob at 817-851-2704 for your spot. They will sell out next week. Somebody is going to win a great shotgun for a $20 spot!

bobcat1
05-09-2011, 10:44 AM
There is still time to help out. The fish fry will be at Lake Graham May 21st. We will be eating fried crappie and all the fixins plus hotdogs and BBQ if I heard the ladies right. If you are planning on attending please let me know so we can get a good head count. I guarnatee you will have fun and it will all be for a great cause to help a wonderful woman.

Thanks again to all that have already helped. :clap: :clap: :clap:

bobcat1
05-09-2011, 03:42 PM
44INAROW and Beast! Got both of your donations today. AWESOME!!! I am so thankful and my family is also.

BEAST
05-09-2011, 04:13 PM
44INAROW and Beast! Got both of your donations today. AWESOME!!! I am so thankful and my family is also. :2thumbsup

BEAST

bobcat1
05-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Sent a little something in the mail today. Hope it helps. Got it today! Thanks so much! It was very nice of you!

bobcat1
05-09-2011, 04:59 PM
BwdLion73 We got your donation today too! Thank you so very much! It is highly appreciated!:clap: :clap: :clap:

bobcat1
05-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Only about 15 squares left on the shotgun raffle. Get in before it's too late! Someone is going to win a heck of a shotgun on a $20 square.

Also if anyone is planning on attending please let me know. It will be a Lake Graham. If your close stop by for some fish and a good time. Lots of great items in the Silent Auction too!

44INAROW
05-10-2011, 08:53 PM
44INAROW and Beast! Got both of your donations today. AWESOME!!! I am so thankful and my family is also.

:thumbsup:

BwdLion73
05-11-2011, 11:26 AM
BwdLion73 We got your donation today too! Thank you so very much! It is highly appreciated!:clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

bobcat1
05-11-2011, 02:19 PM
*** Update all squares on both guns are sold!**** :clap: :clap: :clap:

LionFan72
05-12-2011, 02:40 AM
Bobcat1, man all I can say is you gotta have some big shoulders! Seems to be a down time in your neck of the woods, God bless you and family and sending prayers your way. Best of luck with the fund raiser, wish I could be there, but wife having heart surgery 19th in Ft. Worth, be thinking about you and your sis-in-law!

bobcat1
05-12-2011, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by LionFan72
Bobcat1, man all I can say is you gotta have some big shoulders! Seems to be a down time in your neck of the woods, God bless you and family and sending prayers your way. Best of luck with the fund raiser, wish I could be there, but wife having heart surgery 19th in Ft. Worth, be thinking about you and your sis-in-law! Prayers sent for a successful surgery and quick recovery for your wife LF72. Thanks for the prayers!

bobcat1
05-13-2011, 09:18 AM
If anyone in the Graham area is planning on attending please let me know or my brother Roger Vann at North Texas Lumber in Graham. We need a head count!

bobcat1
05-14-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
bobcat1 ....

I think they will get over it, so I would like to send you a check. Should I make it out to Susan or you? Either way, I guess I can mail it to you, right? Got your donation today Sherri! Thanks so much! I have to say our whole family is overwhelmed by the support we hav received already! Thanks again and God Bless you!

P.S. You have very pretty handwriting! (That was from my better half)

bobcat1
05-17-2011, 02:25 PM
If anyone in the Graham area is planning on attending please let me know or my brother Roger Vann at North Texas Lumber in Graham. We need a head count! If anyone is coming please let me know. I need a head count for food prepartion.

bobcat1
05-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Event Schedule

2:00 Start of Event: Meet & Greet
Assist in Sign-Ups for HorseShoes, Washers, Balloon Toss & Lemon Roll
Go through Silent Auction Items, Mention Big Sponsors / Donors
Food should be ready to serve / Water balloons getting filled!!
Tape off area for Lemon Roll (start & finish line), Increments for Water Balloon Toss
Announce Drawing for the FIRST gun to be at 5pm - do not have to be present to win

3:00 Horseshoes Last Call - start at 3:30,
Washers to start at 4:30
Announce Water Balloon Toss
Announce Lemon Roll
Silent Auction Items, Mention Big Sponsors / Donors
Announce Drawing for the FIRST gun to be at 5pm - do not have to be present to win

3:30 Horse shoes- start event
Washers to start at 4:30

4:00 Washers Last Call - start at 4:30
Announce Water Balloon Toss
Announce Lemon Roll

4:30 Washers - Start Event
Water Balloon Toss - Last Call
Lemon Roll to start at 6:00

5:00 Drawing for First Gun!!!
Water Ballon Toss - Start Event
Lemon Roll Last Call
Drawing for Second Gun to be at 6pm

6:00 Water Balloon Toss - Announce Winner
Drawing for Second Gun!!
Silent Auction Items - LAST CALL --- Winners announced at 6:30
Lemon Roll - Start Event

6:30 Silent Auction - Announce Winners
Lemon Roll - Announce Winners
Horse Shoes - Announce Winners
Washers - Announce Winners

7:00

Thank Everyone for coming, and for their generosity.

Wish them a safe trip home!

Food Put Away - start cleaning up!!

Horseshoes & Washers $5

Water Balloon Toss & Lemon Roll $2

I have 9 trophies to give away

We can start a 2nd Washer or Shoes pot, if one or both finish early.

trojandad
08-15-2011, 03:10 PM
hey bobcat, how your sister in law doing? just thought about her yeaterday and realized i havent asked about her in too long....

bobcat1
08-15-2011, 04:28 PM
hey bobcat, how your sister in law doing? just thought about her yeaterday and realized i havent asked about her in too long.... She is hanging in there. The last Cat Scan showed the tumors had shrunk. Her blood cell count got up good enough to start another round of chemo last week. Still praying here for God's grace and healing power. Keep a prayin Downlow!