PDA

View Full Version : Mavs!

coach
05-05-2011, 12:55 AM
2 down 2 to go and we are coming home. I'll be happy with a split.

DDBooger
05-05-2011, 06:19 AM
Kind of liking seeing Laker fans on FB sweat. They're striking out at people! haha

Maroon87
05-05-2011, 06:41 AM
They're looking pretty good so far, although I dozed off before the game ended last night. It looked like they had it under control though.

The last thing they want to do is let up just because they're home and up 2-0 and let the Lakers get some confidence. They need to prepare and play like they're actually down 0-2.

Txbroadcaster
05-05-2011, 07:15 AM
Great win for Mavs

waterboy
05-05-2011, 07:25 AM
I was really impressed with the way the Mavs continually kept the Lakers at bay last night on both ends of the court. The Mavs may have "stole" Game 1, but they actually "took" Game 2. The Lakers looked confused, old, and tired. The Mavs definitely took the crowd out of the game in L.A., and actually looked like the better team. Like Maroon87 said, the Mavs have to approach Game 3 as if they were down 0-2. If they don't, and the Lakers gain their confidence back, the Mavs could have a tough time closing out this series. All the Mavs have to do now is take care of home court. :clap:

BEAST
05-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Cant you just hear the talk at ESPN when the cameras are off. I bet they are bitching and moaning like never before. It was supposed to be Kobe vs The Heat. HAHAHA. Come on Mavs, keep it up.

BEAST

Bullaholic
05-05-2011, 09:39 AM
The Mavs are playing some consistent basketball and look like they are hungry plus know what they are doing on every play on both offense and defense. Sure hope they can keep it up for 2 more games.

Now you know you bet the farm on the Mavs in 4 over the Lakers----right????? :D

BTW---Ain't Artest a class act---again. Somebody needs to whip his arrogant, cheap-shotting butt.

SintonFan
05-05-2011, 10:08 AM
This Spurs fan is rooting for the Mavs to take it all the way!:clap:

GrTigers6
05-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I was really impressed with the way the Mavs continually kept the Lakers at bay last night on both ends of the court. The Mavs may have "stole" Game 1, but they actually "took" Game 2. The Lakers looked confused, old, and tired. The Mavs definitely took the crowd out of the game in L.A., and actually looked like the better team. Like Maroon87 said, the Mavs have to approach Game 3 as if they were down 0-2. If they don't, and the Lakers gain their confidence back, the Mavs could have a tough time closing out this series. All the Mavs have to do now is take care of home court. :clap: yep they do because thats what happened against the heat in the finals a few years back

Maroon87
05-05-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
yep they do because thats what happened against the heat in the finals a few years back

Or more to the point, to the Rockets when they won game 1 & 2 in Dallas several years back. I think that was when T-Mac made his famous "it feels good to finally get to the 2nd round" quote. Ooops.:nerd:

Txbroadcaster
05-05-2011, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
Cant you just hear the talk at ESPN when the cameras are off. I bet they are bitching and moaning like never before. It was supposed to be Kobe vs The Heat. HAHAHA. Come on Mavs, keep it up.

BEAST

if atleast one top 5 market team is in they dont care

Farmersfan
05-05-2011, 10:26 AM
I thought it was hilarious that little JJ put the whole Lakers team on their heels. He was getting smacked in the mouth and knocked around everytime he drove and scored the basket. Artest being the punk he is had to get his pound of flesh. SEE YA!

In 06' the Mavs got up 2-0 on the Heat but they won the first two at home. If the Mavs can get just one of the next two games it will be near impossible for the Lakers to take this series. If the Mavs let the Lakers win 2 in a row in Dallas then the series favors the Lakers because the momentum for the Lakers would be HUGE. The impressive thing is that if not for a complete and utter meltdown by the Mavs in Game 3 in Portland the Mavs probably would be undefeated in the playoffs so far. I don't think the Blazers win game 4 if they did not make that huge comeback in game 3. Mavs would have swept.......... Go Mavssssssss....................................... ........... Oh! Sorry! I feel asleep. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:

Maroon87
05-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
if atleast one top 5 market team is in they dont care

No disrespect to the other teams, but I hope it's Atlanta vs. Memphis in the Finals. That would be ESPN's worst nightmare.:cool:

Farmersfan
05-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
No disrespect to the other teams, but I hope it's Atlanta vs. Memphis in the Finals. That would be ESPN's worst nightmare.:cool:

that would piss them off for sure. but I have watched much of the Atlanta team's games in this playoff and I'm not impressed. They are a hard working blue collar type team that seems to be playing way above their heads right now. Other than Josh Smith I don't see another player on that team that should scare anyone. Based on what I am seeing in the East the Heat will be the team to beat in the Championships............. How do the Mavs matchup with the Heat?

eagles_victory
05-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Or more to the point, to the Rockets when they won game 1 & 2 in Dallas several years back. I think that was when T-Mac made his famous "it feels good to finally get to the 2nd round" quote. Ooops.:nerd: That was when he played for Orlando and they were up 3-1 on Detroit in like 03.

Ernest T Bass
05-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Sit. Down. Kobe.

Maroon87
05-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
That was when he played for Orlando and they were up 3-1 on Detroit in like 03.

You're right. Man it doesn't seem like that long ago but I guess it was.

eagleqb_14
05-05-2011, 06:03 PM
heck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

BEAST
05-06-2011, 11:04 AM
IF the Mavs continue to play at the level they have been, I see a Heat/Mavs final. How do you guys think the Mavs match up with the Heat?

BEAST

waterboy
05-06-2011, 11:17 AM
IF the Mavs continue to play at the level they have been, I see a Heat/Mavs final. How do you guys think the Mavs match up with the Heat?

BEAST
Although a lot of people I've spoken to think differently, I think they match up well with Miami. They played the Heat twice this season and beat them both times. Of course, the Heat have improved since then, but I still think the Mavs can beat them in a 7-game series. If these two teams meet in the finals the Heat will have home court advantage. It's still too early to worry about all that right now, though. The Mavs still have to close out the Lakers series. They haven't even won this series yet.

Bullaholic
05-06-2011, 11:24 AM
No. 3 and 4 KobeKillers comin' up---Go Mavs!

95mustang
05-06-2011, 11:11 PM
MAVS have played a great 4th qtr tonight!

coach
05-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
Although a lot of people I've spoken to think differently, I think they match up well with Miami. They played the Heat twice this season and beat them both times. Of course, the Heat have improved since then, but I still think the Mavs can beat them in a 7-game series. If these two teams meet in the finals the Heat will have home court advantage. It's still too early to worry about all that right now, though. The Mavs still have to close out the Lakers series. They haven't even won this series yet.

not to mention a tough OKC team that awaits them

coach
05-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Mavs have outscored the Lakers 82-55 in the 4th quarter in this series!

Maroon87
05-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by coach
not to mention a tough OKC team that awaits them

I didn't realize they'd already eliminated the Griz...:thinking:

eagles_victory
05-06-2011, 11:48 PM

BEAST I have probably watched 20 Mavs games this year and about 30 to 35 Heat games I would say the Heat matchup well with Dallas. I just don't see how Dallas could cover both Lebron and Wade in a series. They would have to play more of their zone or give Stephenson more minutes. Kidd won't be able to cover either one of those guys like he can Kobe. When Miami goes with their lineup of Chalmers, Wade, James, Bosh, and Anthony that is an elite defensive lineup that Dallas would have a hard time guarding against. However, you also have to consider Haslem for Miami and Butler for the Mavs could come back and possibly play if both teams make the finals. But Miami hasn't even started their series with Boston yet and has a Bulls team who beat them 3 times in the regular season so that is where their focus should be.

Emerson1
05-07-2011, 12:33 AM
Mavs were 2-0 against them in the regular season. They would have a chance. NBA is under more scrutiny now. They can't make certain things so blatant as they have in the pass.

Matthew328
05-07-2011, 09:51 AM
unreal that the Mavs are up 3-0

eagleqb_14
05-08-2011, 02:03 PM
a little nervous about todays game

Bullaholic
05-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
a little nervous about todays game

IMO, if the Lakers have any pride left....it will show today. If not, they fold and the Mavs advance easily.

forum_guy
05-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Mavs are shooting way too much jumpshots. I know that is what they are known for and it looks good when they go down like they have been but look at what happened when OKC's shooting isn't great. Of course no one questions it when they go down. It might work out this series but i think this is the set up for failure further into the playoffs.

coach
05-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
Mavs are shooting way too much jumpshots. I know that is what they are known for and it looks good when they go down like they have been but look at what happened when OKC's shooting isn't great. Of course no one questions it when they go down. It might work out this series but i think this is the set up for failure further into the playoffs.

they have to with LA's big man presence.

coach
05-08-2011, 02:53 PM
they have to with LA's big man presence.

witht hat being said they are taking way too many 3's this game

coach
05-08-2011, 03:10 PM
wow!...simply wow...keep it going mavs! don't let up

Roughneck93
05-08-2011, 03:17 PM
It would make my day to see the Mavs finish this off with a sweep. Laker Nation is reeling!

Sweetwater Red
05-08-2011, 03:20 PM
Are you kidding me? Nine threes made already by the Mavericks. This is nuts.

BaseballUmp
05-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Killin the Lakers!!! 24 point lead at the half

11 threes in the first half tying a record.

Mavs are doin work

63-39

Roughneck93
05-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Jason Terry....Impressive!:2thumbsup

BaseballUmp
05-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Odds that Artest is the next ejected...lets hear them lol

coach
05-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Class act shown by the Lakers right now

Sweetwater Red
05-08-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm guessing Artest wil be the third Laker ejected from the game in the last 3 minutes. Anyone else? :rolleyes:

Roughneck93
05-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Where's Kobe in all this? Take control of your team.

Roughneck93
05-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Odds that Artest is the next ejected...lets hear them lol [/QUOTE

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I'm guessing Artest wil be the third Laker ejected from the game in the last 3 minutes. Anyone else? :rolleyes:

I'm in as well.

coach
05-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Roughneck93
Where's Kobe in all this? Take control of your team.

you cant blame it on kobe. he cant controll that crap...that is all on themselves as a person

Roughneck93
05-08-2011, 05:01 PM
you cant blame it on kobe. he cant controll that crap...that is all on themselves as a person

Yeah I know....just frusterated to see that kind of mess.

Emerson1
05-08-2011, 06:22 PM
I heard 1920s Reporter Guy got Phil Jackson after the game

Sweetwater Red
05-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I heard 1920s Reporter Guy got Phil Jackson after the game

Yep. But, Phil handled it well.

DavidWooderson
05-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Yeah.....I think it's awesome that Flake Boy got Phil's last post game question...haha (Well probably, I wouldn't rule him coming out of retirement again, especially if Miami doesn't win it within 2 years).

Tx Challenge
05-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Best of luck to the Mav's. Guess I am the only Lakers fan here :devil:

Farmersfan
05-09-2011, 08:23 AM
Great game for the Mavs on Sunday! Anyone wondering why they weren't in a bigger hurry to break the NBA record? Seems like they didn't care if they broke it or not. They easily could have set a new mark for the most 3 pointers in a playoff game if they had wanted to. The last 4 minutes of the game was kind of half hearted on the Mavs part. Oh well, a win anyway and even better was the SWEEP of the Lakers. After I saw some of Kobe's comments and facial expressions during game 3 it seemed to me he felt the Lakers would take control at any time they wanted to and the series was theirs. That confidence is what makes him one of the best but it is also the reason I can't stand him....... Go home Kobe! You are done!

Txbroadcaster
05-09-2011, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Great game for the Mavs on Sunday! Anyone wondering why they weren't in a bigger hurry to break the NBA record? Seems like they didn't care if they broke it or not. They easily could have set a new mark for the most 3 pointers in a playoff game if they had wanted to. The last 4 minutes of the game was kind of half hearted on the Mavs part. Oh well, a win anyway and even better was the SWEEP of the Lakers. After I saw some of Kobe's comments and facial expressions during game 3 it seemed to me he felt the Lakers would take control at any time they wanted to and the series was theirs. That confidence is what makes him one of the best but it is also the reason I can't stand him....... Go home Kobe! You are done!

LOL even in a win you find some fault dont ya LOL...Now the Mavs have to move past this and focus on the WC Finals

waterboy
05-09-2011, 08:45 AM
The Mavs HAVE to carry the same intensity into the next series, regardless of who they play. EIGHT wins away, Mavs!

Farmersfan
05-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
LOL even in a win you find some fault dont ya LOL...Now the Mavs have to move past this and focus on the WC Finals

I'm pretty sure Rick Carlisle is telling his team the exact same thing. The Mavs shot 32 3pointers in game 4 and made 65.5% of them. If they continue to make them at that pace then they will be unbeatable. But if they come back to a normal shooting percentage on 3's they can't be launching 32 shots from behind the line and expect to win. I don't think the Mavs will have to shoot so many 3's in the next series because they won't be so overmatched on the inside with their Bigs. (even though Chandler and Heywood did a great job).
anybody heard how close Butler is to returning and will the frenchman be able to give us good minutes in the next series?

AND HOW ABOUT JJ? WOO HOO................. JJ for president! :cheerl: :cheerl:

icu812
05-09-2011, 10:17 AM
I'm pretty sure Rick Carlisle is telling his team the exact same thing. The Mavs shot 32 3pointers in game 4 and made 65.5% of them. If they continue to make them at that pace then they will be unbeatable. But if they come back to a normal shooting percentage on 3's they can't be launching 32 shots from behind the line and expect to win. I don't think the Mavs will have to shoot so many 3's in the next series because they won't be so overmatched on the inside with their Bigs. (even though Chandler and Heywood did a great job).
anybody heard how close Butler is to returning and will the frenchman be able to give us good minutes in the next series?

AND HOW ABOUT JJ? WOO HOO................. JJ for president! :cheerl: :cheerl:

The Mavs did a great job on defense against the Lakers inside. However, if it's Memphis, they are just as good in the post as the Lakers and they are much more athletic overall. I hope Dallas plays OKC instead.

My guess is that Butler and Roddy DNP any meaningful minutes the rest of the season. After all they did just sweep the Lakers without them.

I have some crow to eat when it comes to JJ Barea. I thought he was a major weak link all year. His game has improved to the point where he looks a lot like Steve Nash in many ways.

What a game by the Mavs!!!

Txbroadcaster
05-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by icu812
The Mavs did a great job on defense against the Lakers inside. However, if it's Memphis, they are just as good in the post as the Lakers and they are much more athletic overall. I hope Dallas plays OKC instead.

My guess is that Butler and Roddy DNP any meaningful minutes the rest of the season. After all they did just sweep the Lakers without them.

I have some crow to eat when it comes to JJ Barea. I thought he was a major weak link all year. His game has improved to the point where he looks a lot like Steve Nash in many ways.

What a game by the Mavs!!!

Butler already out for rest of play offs..as far as JJ..it was a good match up for him agianst LAkers, but I am still not going to say hey I think he is a good back up unless it is in certain match ups...but it also helped he actually used his quickness to drive the lane and did not try to jack up 3s all series

forum_guy
05-09-2011, 12:50 PM
i posted it on page 2 and i will say it again Mavs shoot too many jumpers. I know that is what they are known for and it looks good when they go down like they have been but look at what happened when OKC's shooting isn't great. Of course no one questions it when they go down. It worked out against the Lakers but IMO they will not win the title. I do see them beating OKC though because that is a mirror image of their own team however Memphis would give them trouble if they end up winning that series. IMO unfortunately the winner of Boston/Miami wins the title

BEAST
05-09-2011, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by forum_guy
i posted it on page 2 and i will say it again Mavs shoot too many jumpers. I know that is what they are known for and it looks good when they go down like they have been but look at what happened when OKC's shooting isn't great. Of course no one questions it when they go down. It worked out against the Lakers but IMO they will not win the title. I do see them beating OKC though because that is a mirror image of their own team however Memphis would give them trouble if they end up winning that series. IMO unfortunately the winner of Boston/Miami wins the title

I agree with you to a cetain degree. But, before the Laker series started, how many of us HONESTLY thought the Mavs would win the series? Let alone sweep them.

BEAST

eagles_victory
05-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Great game for the Mavs on Sunday! Anyone wondering why they weren't in a bigger hurry to break the NBA record? Seems like they didn't care if they broke it or not. They easily could have set a new mark for the most 3 pointers in a playoff game if they had wanted to. The last 4 minutes of the game was kind of half hearted on the Mavs part. Oh well, a win anyway and even better was the SWEEP of the Lakers. After I saw some of Kobe's comments and facial expressions during game 3 it seemed to me he felt the Lakers would take control at any time they wanted to and the series was theirs. That confidence is what makes him one of the best but it is also the reason I can't stand him....... Go home Kobe! You are done! You're serious right now? The record for 3 pointers in a game means 0 who cares at all about that?

Farmersfan
05-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
You're serious right now? The record for 3 pointers in a game means 0 who cares at all about that?

CORRECTION:

The record for 3 pointers in a game means 0 TO YOU!

eagles_victory
05-09-2011, 03:02 PM
CORRECTION:

The record for 3 pointers in a game means 0 TO YOU! Im sure noone on the Mavericks cares you act like it is Mark Mcguire sitting out the final 15 games and not breaking the homerun record. If the Mavs broke that record only time you would even hear about it again was if someone else was coming close to breaking it in a few years.

Emerson1
05-09-2011, 05:02 PM
FF is the only person who cares. You are trying WAY to hard on this schtick now.

icu812
05-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Don't care for Stephen A Smith but if your a Mavs fan and a Laker hater this link is great fun.

Dude rips the Lakers a new one. Listen to the 1st hour 5/9/11.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/radio/archive?id=6124684