PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell Superintendent

Milk That Cow
05-03-2011, 01:14 AM
I don't know much about her...

But, one thing I do know...

She has made the whole Athletic Director/Head Football Coach Hiring...

A

Flat

Out

Mess

that is all.

coach
05-03-2011, 07:24 AM
i really hope it all works out over there. some really nice ppl in that area and i wish them the best. i was going to apply for the jr high job but my fiance got a job here so i was unable to...

trojandad
05-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by coach
i really hope it all works out over there. some really nice ppl in that area and i wish them the best.

+1

dog40
05-03-2011, 05:19 PM
What is the latest at Caldwell?

Old Tiger
05-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by dog40
What is the latest at Caldwell? They say its more messed up than Louisiana after Katrina.

Hornet Mom 2
05-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Speaking as a parent of an athlete in the Caldwell ISD, it is a huge mess, to the point that no one claims to know anything about anything. There's my 2 cents worth, and that's all its worth, and if anyone else knows more than that please share.

moomoo
05-04-2011, 04:14 PM
So I heard they will have an AD then a Head Football coach in 3A. I know the old DC from A&M Consolidated talked about job, but will it be worth it?

coach
05-04-2011, 04:47 PM
I ha d a student tell me last night that there are 110 applicants and one of the applicants is Mike Leach lol.

DavidWooderson
05-04-2011, 05:47 PM
Aubrey has an AD and a Football coach....they're 3A

mwynn05
05-04-2011, 07:53 PM
The AD/Head football might be an antiquated way of doing business with the budget problems now... HC's teaching classes might be a whole lot more common. Our AD will be teaching classes next year... and coach is she graduating too? she sure did get a job quickly then

coach
05-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
The AD/Head football might be an antiquated way of doing business with the budget problems now... HC's teaching classes might be a whole lot more common. Our AD will be teaching classes next year... and coach is she graduating too? she sure did get a job quickly then

Yea. She will be at douglas. She got the job over 31 applicants! Now I am stuck here in east Texas

Milk That Cow
05-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Information Please...

BaseballUmp
05-06-2011, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by coach
Yea. She will be at douglas. She got the job over 31 applicants! Now I am stuck here in east Texas

Fast kids are the only positive i see there

HawkEye
05-06-2011, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Fast kids are the only positive i see there

Word is that the school board decline to hire coaches on staff to assume the HC/AD duties. They are interviewing this week. Some former-Hornet coaches that are coordinators are in the mix, along with a couple local coaches who are in the Brazos Valley area (also coordinators). Nobody with current HC experience is on the list, so I have heard.

bigcat8
05-06-2011, 09:35 AM
rumor has it that an ex-hornet was seen in town this week... and has suddenly shown interest in the job...

buff4ever
05-06-2011, 10:07 AM
This is a really interesting thread, not really but kinda. I love the rumor talk w/o names. There is some top secret stuff going down in Caldwell, and it smells very funny.

Basically I don't think any Caldwell posters on here know much of what is going on, hence the short no info thread.

Which is fine, jut interestingly little info coming out of Caldwell on this topic which is normally rumor filled and names flying everywhere.

CHS_CG
05-06-2011, 10:36 AM
I don't know much of what is going on, I can talk to a few parents and ask. I do know that a former (maybe still around some) 3adownlow poster has applied for the ad/headcoach job and I hope they get it. He is a great coach and was there previously when I was in school!

tog
05-06-2011, 12:58 PM
;)

coach
05-06-2011, 02:44 PM
i canty believe i havent gotten any reaction about me breaking the news that mike leach is interested lol

HawkEye
05-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
This is a really interesting thread, not really but kinda. I love the rumor talk w/o names. There is some top secret stuff going down in Caldwell, and it smells very funny.

Basically I don't think any Caldwell posters on here know much of what is going on, hence the short no info thread.

Which is fine, jut interestingly little info coming out of Caldwell on this topic which is normally rumor filled and names flying everywhere.

Names being throw around:

Lamar Consolidated OC
PNJ OC
Former A&M Consolidated DC
DC at Lexington HS

Paschall and Wingfield (wife also worked at Caldwell as coach) are both former assistants who left one year ahead of Cobia.

coach
05-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by HawkEye

Lamar Consolidated OC
PNJ OC
DC at Lexington HS

Paschall and Wingfield (wife also worked at Caldwell as coach) are both former assistants who left one year ahead of Cobia.

those arent names. those are schools and coaching positions...

Hornet Mom 2
05-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by tog
;)

:clap:

dog40
05-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by HawkEye

Lamar Consolidated OC
PNJ OC
DC at Lexington HS

I know quite a few pulled out when they were called and asked if they would consider the job if it was not AD/Head Football. The job would be split.

CHS_CG
05-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by tog
;)

;) Wonder who that could be too

Hornet Mom 2
05-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Just saw a post on facebook, from a teacher at CHS, that says, they have started interviewing for the AD job, but not the HFC job.

Milk That Cow
05-12-2011, 10:53 PM
I am at a loss of words to describe what's going on in Caldwell...

Can anybody shed some light on things?

HawkEye
05-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Hard to believe this, but things have gone straight down hill since Randy Berryhill left as sup. Thought the guy was a glad handing-slick talking-snake, but....he didn't let the non sense that is coming down happen. The board went el-cheapo by hiring Cummings. She then went after the administrators of the district with the one-year contract option. She is doing her darndest to run off a great man, John Meckel for things out of his control. I don't blame Williams for bolting to A&M Consolidated. He was shown no faith after compiling the 5 most successful years in Caldwell football history. Other than boys and girls basketball, all other sports are competitive at moment. You can't say he was a bad AD.
Now you look up and survey the mess Cummings (and the school board) has created. You are splitting the AD/HC job at a 3A school. Now, any name/successful/PROVEN WINNER wouldn't touch this with a 10-foot pole. It is both a money and control issue for an incoming HC. Heck, it is doubtful a new guy would even be allowed to bring "his" guys in. So what you (Hornet Nation) are faced with now is taking a flyer on an UNPROVEN coordinator. Someone who has not supervised a football program from 7th grade-12th grade. Who has not had to run an off-season program and work with other sports to make sure they are also competitive. Has not hit the lunch circuit (Rotary, Lion's Club, etc.).
Good job Dr. Cummings/CISD school board. You just doomed the Hornet Nation to mediocracy for the near future. All the gains they've made on the LaGrange/Giddings/Navasota's of the world the last few years are null and void. Hope you like 3-7/2-8 seasons.

Hornet Mom 2
05-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Rumors.

Middle school principal going to be principal at high school.
Meckel going to middle school or lower.

Facts.

Board meeting at 3:00 today to try to finalize list of interviewees for AD position.

Football coach will be hired AFTER AD position is filled.

Officer BJ (school officer) being relieved of duties at end of this school year. This is insane and ignorant of TPTB for making this decision! NOT the way to make budget cuts!

Sad but that's all. NO ONE is talking about this. Several parents have expressed their concerns about the uncertainty of lots of things going on at CISD.

tog
05-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Meckel is the best principal I ever worked for. BY FAR!